E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #3367
Boostin FD
Lieutenant Colonel
Boostin FD's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,564
Posts

 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Louis

iTrader: (2)

Hahaha heard it all about 6MT. I like my DCT though ;-)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 05:27 AM   #3368
Mandla
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 3 SERIES 2006 MODEL
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WITBANK

iTrader: (0)

Guys I Am From South Africa And I Need To By The Complete Coding Kit With Manuals, But I Cnat Seem To Find A Shop That Sells The Equipment. I Cant Even Download The Software That You Post On The Forum, When I Try I Just See A Blank Page. Can Anyone Help Me.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #3369
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Pete Schweaty's Avatar
6
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quick question about coding. After I set up the initial stuff as in the DIY, all I have to do is start at step 53 and load FSW PSW MAN, right? The TRC file should still be there and NCS should be able to follow it?

Also, I have the v42 of the daten files but cant seem to get into the NFRM module. I can get into CAS and KOMBI (maybe others too, havent tried yet). I get the following error when I try to read the NFRM:

Error In CABD! Look at Cabi.ERR and Error.LOG
COAPI-2000 EDIABAS or SGBD Error
BJP-009: Best Version Error

Anybody know what that means?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #3370
jphughan
Brigadier General
jphughan's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Schweaty View Post
Quick question about coding. After I set up the initial stuff as in the DIY, all I have to do is start at step 53 and load FSW PSW MAN, right? The TRC file should still be there and NCS should be able to follow it?

Also, I have the v42 of the daten files but cant seem to get into the NFRM module. I can get into CAS and KOMBI (maybe others too, havent tried yet). I get the following error when I try to read the NFRM:

Error In CABD! Look at Cabi.ERR and Error.LOG
COAPI-2000 EDIABAS or SGBD Error
BJP-009: Best Version Error

Anybody know what that means?
Yes, you can start by loading FSW PSW MAN, but you should clear your TRC and MAN files in your Work folder before you open NCS Expert.

I answered the NFRM question a few pages back. You have to use the original ECU folder that came with the RAR, not the one from V42 or a version of the ECU folder merged with the V42 files. There are some other modules that work like that too (such as 2JBBF and I think FZD). But there are also modules that only work with the new ECU folder, like CIC. Most can use either one.
__________________
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Yoko AD08 R | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #3371
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Pete Schweaty's Avatar
6
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Yes. CIC and some other modules require the ECU folder from newer daten files to be copied into your EDIABAS folder. However, keep the existing ECU folder as-is, because other modules like NFRM only work with the old version. What I do is name one ECU-orig and one ECU-new, and then change the name of whichever folder I need to use to "ECU" before opening NCS.
And you can leave them both in EDIABAS all the time? You dont have to move one to your desktop or somehwere else as long as one is named "ECU"?

Also, about the MAN and TRC, just go into work and put them in the recycling bin? The process will create new ones?

Thanks for your help BTW.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #3372
jphughan
Brigadier General
jphughan's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Schweaty View Post
And you can leave them both in EDIABAS all the time? You dont have to move one to your desktop or somehwere else as long as one is named "ECU"?

Also, about the MAN and TRC, just go into work and put them in the recycling bin? The process will create new ones?

Thanks for your help BTW.
Name one of them ECU-orig and the ECU folder from V42 ECU-new and keep both in EDIABAS. Then change the name of whichever one you need to use to "ECU" before opening NCS. If you need to switch mid-coding, close NCS, close EDIABAS Server in your taskbar, make the name changes, and carry on.

No, just clear the files. Open the TRC and MAN files in Notepad, Select All, delete, Save.
__________________
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Yoko AD08 R | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #3373
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Pete Schweaty's Avatar
6
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Awesome. Thanks.
__________________

JB4 / BMS DCI / Alpina Flash / MTEC V3 / Blacklines
M3 Front Bumper / HID Fogs / M3 Style Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #3374
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Pete Schweaty's Avatar
6
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

After I coded out my amber side markers I noticed a little side effect. My parking lights do not come on anymore when unlocking the car. The welcome lights under the handles still work. Just no front or rear lights. Anyone know why?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #3375
jphughan
Brigadier General
jphughan's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Schweaty View Post
After I coded out my amber side markers I noticed a little side effect. My parking lights do not come on anymore when unlocking the car. The welcome lights under the handles still work. Just no front or rear lights. Anyone know why?
Make sure your light switch is in the Auto (leftmost) position in the car, otherwise check the coding you did and switch back the one that has WL in it (which stands for Welcome Light) to allow the side markers to work in that scenario. You DID make a changelog didn't you???
__________________
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Yoko AD08 R | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #3376
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Pete Schweaty's Avatar
6
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, have a change log. Ill try changing it back, see if that does it.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #3377
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Pete Schweaty's Avatar
6
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Well they are back. I got a low battery alarm while coding. Guess I didnt let it idle in between codes long enough. Anyway, I just drove to the store and back now they come on when unlocking the doors. Maybe it was a safety feature?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #3378
Knob
Second Lieutenant
Knob's Avatar
Germany
6
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives: 120d e87
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, I had something like this after coding - If the battery is pretty low, the welcome light won´t come up
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #3379
sjondhale
Private
0
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Isnt step 61 of the DIY guide incorrect. The video says not to work with the FSW_PSW.TRC file , whereas step 61 of the DIY PDF says open FSW_PSW.TRC...did he mean FSW_PSW.MAN file ???
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #3380
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Pete Schweaty's Avatar
6
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjondhale View Post
Isnt step 61 of the DIY guide incorrect. The video says not to work with the FSW_PSW.TRC file , whereas step 61 of the DIY PDF says open FSW_PSW.TRC...did he mean FSW_PSW.MAN file ???
Nope. It is correct. Earlier when you made the first TRC and saved it in a safe place, you were making a back up of all of your stock settings, just in case. That is the one you dont want to modify. Now at step 61 you are reading the individual module you want to modify, which makes a TRC. Then you save it as a MAN file and make the changes in that MAN file so you can write it to the Ecu.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #3381
jphughan
Brigadier General
jphughan's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Schweaty View Post
Nope. It is correct. Earlier when you made the first TRC and saved it in a safe place, you were making a back up of all of your stock settings, just in case. That is the one you dont want to modify. Now at step 61 you are reading the individual module you want to modify, which makes a TRC. Then you save it as a MAN file and make the changes in that MAN file so you can write it to the Ecu.
This. Personally to avoid confusion I just copy the contents of my TRC file and paste it into the MAN file to avoid dealing with renaming extensions, etc, but either works. But yes you should definitely copy the contents of your TRC file somewhere else BEFORE making changes to give yourself an escape hatch. I also always keep a separate copy of the config AFTER coding so I have an original and current read for reference (or to quickly restore any coding wiped out by the dealer), and then I have my own changelog where I list any setting that's been changed, the before and after values, and the module where that setting lives so I don't have to run compares on all of my backups to see the differences.
__________________
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Yoko AD08 R | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 03:51 AM   #3382
slingr
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Durham Region

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90PAT View Post
This thread is looking awesome so far. My major is in computer engineering so this is going to be an awesome project for me

+1 for a DIY!!!
Hah. My major is IT Security. I just found out about this two days ago, got the cable yesterday and have already coded in 3 features. If you've done things such as xbox firmware modding, softmods on other consoles, debranding of cellphones etc... it shouldn't be too hard.

I'm loving this so far, just looking forward to getting more info and finding new mods to do

- slingr
2011 328i
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #3383
jojosqsq
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thailand

iTrader: (0)

dose anyone coding Thailand charector display on song in cic ?


Thanks you
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #3384
Kazuki_1010
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Msports
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Japan

iTrader: (0)

Hi everyone. I've read all the thread from 1 to 155 and now I would like to ask somebody, if anyone has succeeded turning on the DRL (angel ring, small or parking light) on E90 2005 model.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #3385
Power Hungry
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: '07 328i E90
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tri Cities, WA

iTrader: (0)

so this thread is WAY too long to read through the entire thing searching for my answer. I ran a search and the question i have has actually already been asked but it never got an answer. I would like to change the number of times my turn signal flashes when i partially depress the turn signal lever, ie. when im changing lanes. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #3386
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
55
Rep
4,738
Posts

 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
so this thread is WAY too long to read through the entire thing searching for my answer. I ran a search and the question i have has actually already been asked but it never got an answer. I would like to change the number of times my turn signal flashes when i partially depress the turn signal lever, ie. when im changing lanes. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Yes, go in your BC and you can change it in there from 1 to 3. Don't need coding.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #3387
Power Hungry
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: '07 328i E90
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tri Cities, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Yes, go in your BC and you can change it in there from 1 to 3. Don't need coding.
thanks for the quick reply. I actually found that answer in another thread just a couple minutes ago and got it fixed.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #3388
Bender1012
Private
United_States
0
Rep
90
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Hamilton, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_1010 View Post
Hi everyone. I've read all the thread from 1 to 155 and now I would like to ask somebody, if anyone has succeeded turning on the DRL (angel ring, small or parking light) on E90 2005 model.
People trying to code 2005 models seem to be a lot more rare on here than 06-08, but seeing as how all 2005-2008 e90 are "pre-LCI", it should be fine. DRL Angel Eyes is a pretty straightforward code I believe, though it's not one that I've personally done.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST