E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #1827
Neutrino45
Major
39

 
Neutrino45's Avatar
 
Drives: XXX
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: milky way


Posts: 1,446
iTrader: (2)

Hey, sorry for the off topic but I thought you guys might be interested in this. I found a way to install and use My BMW Remote on my iPhone. Here are the instructions. http://www.**************/showthread....E-on-my-iPhone

__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #1828
tldoxmf87
Captain
South Korea
37

 
tldoxmf87's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 TiAg
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bellevue


Posts: 723
iTrader: (14)

Anyone know how to change the voltage for the angel eyes?
Also, I found out that the angel eyes voltage is normally 12v and changes to 5v when the low beam is turned on.
Maybe knowing that could help coding the dimming issue.
__________________
E92 TiAg
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #1829
Kalud
Lieutenant
13

 
Kalud's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada


Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
Hey, sorry for the off topic but I thought you guys might be interested in this. I found a way to install and use My BMW Remote on my iPhone. Here are the instructions. http://www.**************/showthread....E-on-my-iPhone
Nice find, I just tested and it works great in Canada. Lock/Unlock and locate car. (no coding required, so its offtopic but still cool)
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #1830
matrix76
Major
Canada
50

 
matrix76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i xDrive Ex/Ps
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The West Coast, BC


Posts: 1,300
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalud View Post
Nice find, I just tested and it works great in Canada. Lock/Unlock and locate car. (no coding required, so its offtopic but still cool)

I heard this ONLY works if you have BMW Assist, Canadian vehicles get it for one year then you have to subscribe for near $190 per year.
__________________
Brian
Black Sapphire, Black w/Burrwood Trim & Shifter, 162's, Mtec H8 AE's, DS1 HID 6000K


Last edited by matrix76; 03-01-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #1831
Kalud
Lieutenant
13

 
Kalud's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada


Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix76 View Post
I heard this ONLY works if you have BMW Assist, Canadian vehicles get for one year then you have to subscribe for near $190 per ear.
Yes this is correct. I have BMW assist, and you have to enter your BMW assist login and password to access the features.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #1832
spazticrecords
Banned
1

 
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY.


Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Does the BMW assist safety plan count? I lease my car in US and it gets 4 years of the BMW safety plan. I downloaded the app but don't know my login for the BMW assist. I really want to use this app.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #1833
txusa03
Major General
284

 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth


Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalud View Post
Yes this is correct. I have BMW assist, and you have to enter your BMW assist login and password to access the features.
hihihi, I was about to run out to att and buy an iphone until I saw this
__________________
under construction!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #1834
outie
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA


Posts: 518
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
I'd really, really appreciate it if you could. In post 503 (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=503) there is a complete list of VOs, but I can't find anything paddle-related in it...
W 7XA MFUNK_LENKRAD MFUNK_LENK_NEU //M Lederlenkrad mit Schaltwippe und Multifunktion (PR904/034) SA710, SA249

$7XA
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #1835
matrix76
Major
Canada
50

 
matrix76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i xDrive Ex/Ps
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The West Coast, BC


Posts: 1,300
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
W 7XA MFUNK_LENKRAD MFUNK_LENK_NEU //M Lederlenkrad mit Schaltwippe und Multifunktion (PR904/034) SA710, SA249

$7XA

Translation: W 7XA MFUNK_LENKRAD MFUNK_LENK_NEU //M leather steering wheel with switching jack and multi-function (PR904/034) SA710, SA249

$7XA
__________________
Brian
Black Sapphire, Black w/Burrwood Trim & Shifter, 162's, Mtec H8 AE's, DS1 HID 6000K

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #1836
outie
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA


Posts: 518
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix76 View Post
Translation: W 7XA MFUNK_LENKRAD MFUNK_LENK_NEU //M leather steering wheel with switching jack and multi-function (PR904/034) SA710, SA249

$7XA
This is what I have from Google translate:
M leather steering wheel with shift paddles and multifunction
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #1837
spazticrecords
Banned
1

 
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY.


Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Sorry, can anyone help with me the BMW assist application setup. I am not sure how to setup the account or find out my information to login with. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #1838
outie
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA


Posts: 518
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazticrecords View Post
Sorry, can anyone help with me the BMW assist application setup. I am not sure how to setup the account or find out my information to login with. Thanks.
Do you have BMW Assist? Have you pressed the BMW Assist button in your car to get set up? They normally ask for your email and a password when you call the first time. These are your BMW Remote credentials.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #1839
spazticrecords
Banned
1

 
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY.


Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Hey friend outie. I just called BMW assist and think I set this up. How long does it take to take effect. Does the 4 year included BMW saftey assist count as this? I am getting login error when I enter those credentials.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #1840
outie
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA


Posts: 518
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazticrecords View Post
Hey friend outie. I just called BMW assist and think I set this up. How long does it take to take effect. Does the 4 year included BMW saftey assist count as this? I am getting login error when I enter those credentials.
I am not sure how long it takes. Yes I believe that 4 year BMW Assist is what you'll need. It worked for me.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #1841
spazticrecords
Banned
1

 
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY.


Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

*Updated

Check for updated info and ongoing discussion.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=iphone

Last edited by spazticrecords; 03-01-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #1842
matrix76
Major
Canada
50

 
matrix76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i xDrive Ex/Ps
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The West Coast, BC


Posts: 1,300
iTrader: (1)

You guy's need to take this over to this thread, there is more info for you there.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=iphone
__________________
Brian
Black Sapphire, Black w/Burrwood Trim & Shifter, 162's, Mtec H8 AE's, DS1 HID 6000K


Last edited by matrix76; 03-01-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #1843
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
70

 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada


Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
I'd really, really appreciate it if you could. In post 503 (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=503) there is a complete list of VOs, but I can't find anything paddle-related in it...
Just checked the pdf I have.

Here is what I got by searching for paddles: (S-->$, A (last letter)=remove)

S2XAA Sport leather st. wheel w/ shift paddles
S7XAA M leather st.wheel+shiftpaddle+multif.
S2XAA Leath.-cov.sport st.wheel+padd.+multif.


S255A Sports leather steering wheel
S256A Sports multifunct.strng whl,cruise cntrl
S218A LEATHER SPORTS STEERING
S710A M sports steering wheel, multifunction
S695A MD-Changer S710A M leather steering wheel

I am not sure which one to use, but hopefully this helps you out.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #1844
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
70

 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada


Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
I'd really, really appreciate it if you could. In post 503 (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=503) there is a complete list of VOs, but I can't find anything paddle-related in it...

Life would be easier if we can get a vo scan from a car that has the paddle shifters installed. I can then compare it and find out which code is the paddle.

I am sure this can be coded in.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #1845
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
89

 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world


Posts: 4,733
iTrader: (9)

Understood.

Can someone dump their VO who has paddle shift from the factory?

[edit] btw, how do you code S2XAA -- is it $2XA or is "X" a placeholder for a letter?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #1846
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
70

 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada


Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Understood.

Can someone dump their VO who has paddle shift from the factory?

[edit] btw, how do you code S2XAA -- is it $2XA or is "X" a placeholder for a letter?
I am not 100% sure about whether X used in the coding will work or not.

The list I have are codes for the e46, but I compared the VO in my car to the list and all the values where there.

This make me believe that the codes were carried over.

If someone can scan the vo, we will know for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #1847
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
89

 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world


Posts: 4,733
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
I am not 100% sure about whether X used in the coding will work or not.

The list I have are codes for the e46, but I compared the VO in my car to the list and all the values where there.

This make me believe that the codes were carried over.

If someone can scan the vo, we will know for sure.
Fair enough. Let's hope someone can dump their VO list for us!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #1848
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
106

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoFla


Posts: 3,234
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via AIM to E90PAT
does anybody know if coding the new 2011 5 series is possible with this setup?

Ive tried on my fathers car but i dont have the appropriate files to do so. Anyone know where i can find them?
__________________

Coding services in Broward/Miami/Gainesville and surrounding areas! Ask me!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST