E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #2135
onebadmofo
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central NJ

Posts: 2,394
iTrader: (14)

Guys, if you got INPA then connect to the Alarm module, go to Activate and see if you can turn on the LED at all.
I think the infrared module that goes in the roof has the actual logic for the LED.
onebadmofo is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #2136
rubdom
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 117
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
I have something that looks likt LICHT_AN_LED which translates to LED light. Wonder what it could be...
Interesting. I would like to try these and see what they do:

LED_BLINKER_HINTEN

LED_BLINKER_VORNE

TIPP_BLK

SM_FKT_ZUSATZBLINKER
rubdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #2137
spera23
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 207
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
Guys, if you got INPA then connect to the Alarm module, go to Activate and see if you can turn on the LED at all.
I think the infrared module that goes in the roof has the actual logic for the LED.
We are trying to figure out if it is possible to turn the Clown Nose on without actually having the alarm module...
spera23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #2138
rubdom
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 117
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
Guys, if you got INPA then connect to the Alarm module, go to Activate and see if you can turn on the LED at all.
I think the infrared module that goes in the roof has the actual logic for the LED.
Tried that and INPA won't read the alarm since its not actually there.

I know in older cars you could activate the clown nose at the dealer without having the alarm. We were hoping you could do this with NCS on newer cars.
rubdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #2139
onebadmofo
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central NJ

Posts: 2,394
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
We are trying to figure out if it is possible to turn the Clown Nose on without actually having the alarm module...
Exactly, and I'm telling you to check if it's even possible to turn on the LED without the alarm module.

Wait, you won't be able to connect to the alarm module if you don't have one. I see now, can't argue with that
onebadmofo is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #2140
spera23
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 207
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubdom View Post
Interesting. I would like to try these and see what they do:

LED_BLINKER_HINTEN

LED_BLINKER_VORNE

TIPP_BLK

SM_FKT_ZUSATZBLINKER

The only one I have is TIPP_BLK.....do you have the other 3 to try?
spera23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #2141
rubdom
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 117
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
The only one I have is TIPP_BLK.....do you have the other 3 to try?
Yeah I do. I can try them when I get out of work later tonight.

I read in some other forums that dealers were activating the alarm with SSS and "unchecking DWS" and this would activate the clown nose, and visual blinkers when locking and unlocking (I already have that option).

Seems like this should be possible since all the hardware is there but its probably some obscure value somewhere.
rubdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #2142
spera23
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 207
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubdom View Post
Yeah I do. I can try them when I get out of work later tonight.

I read in some other forums that dealers were activating the alarm with SSS and "unchecking DWS" and this would activate the clown nose, and visual blinkers when locking and unlocking (I already have that option).

Seems like this should be possible since all the hardware is there but its probably some obscure value somewhere.
I will try out a couple other ones and report back. I think your right, the hardware seems to be all there, just a matter of activating it.

Do you have a link to the other forum where there were mentioning the DWS?
spera23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #2143
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
FWIW, the clown nose blinks when the alarm is armed if you physically install the alarm, even without coding your car. The only things coding $302 to the VO got me were the acoustic options. I'm interested in this though.
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #2144
Mike Benvo
MWhisperer
 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,542
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
You guys *might* want to try coding "+K302" instead of "$302".

Maybe there is a difference between how the car handles factory VO options and the way that the retrofits work. As an example - I coded my car for the alarm using a Special Service Station (BMW), and this is my VO (08 E90 M3 6sp):

E90_#1207&NDSW%0A73*VA93$223$2MD$2MT$2VB$313$319$3 22$3AP$403$415$417$431$441$459$465$490$494$4AE$4MY $4NA$502$507$521$522$524$534$540$563$5DC$609$620$6 39$645$653$655$694$6FL$6UH$752$760$775$818$845$853 $876$925$999$877$601$704-A090+K302+NSBK

You can see that +K302 was added toward the bottom, NOT $302.

Here is a look at a VO from a 2011 car with CIC, that had the alarm installed from the factory ('11 E90 M3 DCT):
E90_#0609&NDH2%0A52*PM93$1CA$223$2MD$2MK$2MT$2VB$302$313$319$322$403$415$417$431$441$459$465$490$494$4 97$4AE$4MY$4NA$502$507$521$522$524$534$540$563$5DC $609$615$620$639$645$653$693$697$6AA$6AB$6FL$6UH$7 52$760$775$845$853$876$925-A090

You can see that in this case it's coded as $302.

Also compared VO's to see if there is ANY difference at all with cars that have LED's vs cars that don't. Could not find anything at all related to the VO pertaining to LED's. The majority of my VO matches exactly, differences being the car color/interior, the transmission, and stuff for CIC vs CCC.

Try adding +K302. I don't think that it will do the trick, but it might. It depends on how the car uses the VO internally to enable/disable functions.

onebadmofo - whats the deal with your post in my other thread?
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #2145
Showsol2211
Blacked out
 
Showsol2211's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 232
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
FWIW, the clown nose blinks when the alarm is armed if you physically install the alarm, even without coding your car. The only things coding $302 to the VO got me were the acoustic options. I'm interested in this though.
did you have to adjust the volume of your chirp? Mine is really faint and I actually have to listen to hear it unlike a normal lock confirmation.
__________________
E90 330xi Sedan *SOLD*
2008 Evo X GSR SSS - Daily Driver - 407hp/434tq
1997 Eclipse GSX - Project Car - 601hp/475tq
Showsol2211 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #2146
spera23
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 207
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
FWIW, the clown nose blinks when the alarm is armed if you physically install the alarm, even without coding your car. The only things coding $302 to the VO got me were the acoustic options. I'm interested in this though.
Hmmm, if the clown nose just automatically starts to blink once the module is installed without any coding of values or changing the VO, im guessing the clown nose is coded to flash on all cars, but it PHYSICALLY needs the hardware (alarm module) to make it light up.
spera23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #2147
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showsol2211 View Post
did you have to adjust the volume of your chirp? Mine is really faint and I actually have to listen to hear it unlike a normal lock confirmation.
here you go, it is buried in this thread. I only found 3 options, no sound, faint sound, louder than faint sound...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1537
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #2148
Showsol2211
Blacked out
 
Showsol2211's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 232
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
here you go, it is buried in this thread. I only found 3 options, no sound, faint sound, louder than faint sound...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1537
Thats exactly what I wanted to see!! Thank you. I am hoping to get my cable sometime next week. I am not sure how long everyone had to wait for theirs. I ordered it early last week and I am hoping to get it next week.
__________________
E90 330xi Sedan *SOLD*
2008 Evo X GSR SSS - Daily Driver - 407hp/434tq
1997 Eclipse GSX - Project Car - 601hp/475tq
Showsol2211 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #2149
rubdom
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 117
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
Hmmm, if the clown nose just automatically starts to blink once the module is installed without any coding of values or changing the VO, im guessing the clown nose is coded to flash on all cars, but it PHYSICALLY needs the hardware (alarm module) to make it light up.
I am thinking the same thing. Hope this is not the case. I'll keep trying.
rubdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #2150
spera23
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 207
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubdom View Post
I am thinking the same thing. Hope this is not the case. I'll keep trying.
I tried out:

LICHT_AN_LED
TIPP_BLK
QUITT_BLK_ENTSICHERN
QUITT_BLK_SICHERN

No luck on any of them.


This does seem like it would be the case that we need the hardware, but then again you said you saw it being done without it on another forum, right?
spera23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #2151
rubdom
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 117
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
I tried out:

LICHT_AN_LED
TIPP_BLK
QUITT_BLK_ENTSICHERN
QUITT_BLK_SICHERN

No luck on any of them.


This does seem like it would be the case that we need the hardware, but then again you said you saw it being done without it on another forum, right?
I did see it being done at the dealer with older cars (pre 06) using SSS (progman) on other forums. Maybe they changed it and now you need the hardware.
rubdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #2152
outie
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 517
iTrader: (0)

AFAIK alarm is not pre-wired for the LCIs which may explain this.
__________________
outie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #2153
rubdom
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 117
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
AFAIK alarm is not pre-wired for the LCIs which may explain this.
I have a Pre-LCI and it is pre-wired.
rubdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #2154
shockin330i
Brigadier General
 
Drives: blue
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: f y'all, I'm from Texas (RGV)

Posts: 4,191
iTrader: (1)

Wow, i need to read all the pages now
__________________
ERnie 2011 AW/e90/n55 12.9@107.53mph
*N55 Moderator*
I'm crawling similar to a ant cuz I'm low to the earth
shockin330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #2155
BrynDN
Private
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
I tried out:

LICHT_AN_LED
TIPP_BLK
QUITT_BLK_ENTSICHERN
QUITT_BLK_SICHERN

No luck on any of them.


This does seem like it would be the case that we need the hardware, but then again you said you saw it being done without it on another forum, right?
I noticed one from my 09 LCI E90.
WARNBLK ENERGY SAVE MODE
it's active by default on my vehicle

Wondering what that is. Not likely related, but sounds interesting...

EDIT: Probably related to Hazards, so nevermind.

Last edited by BrynDN; 03-10-2011 at 04:23 PM.
BrynDN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #2156
rubdom
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 117
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynDN View Post
I noticed one from my 09 LCI E90.
WARNBLK ENERGY SAVE MODE

Wondering what that is. Not likely related, but sounds interesting...

EDIT: Probably related to Hazards, so nevermind.
I have this option and it is active.
rubdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST