E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Airbag Question

01-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Airbag Question

I just finished installing the new Mtech steering wheel and airbag from non-sport, and now I have a problem... the airbag is not fixed onto the steering wheel, I can flip it up a little... is this the airbag bracket problem that everyone is talking aobut? I'm kind of worry that if I turn very fast the airbag will deploy on me or just flies out..

any suggestions??

ps. I'm thinking of doubleside tape it...

Alpine White | Navigation | Premium | Osram HID 6000K Headlight, Foglight | LED Blackline | M-Tech Steering Wheel, Rear Bumper | AC Schnitzer Pedals, E-Brake, Decklid, Rooftop, Front Spoiler, Side Skirt, Racing Spring | Tint 35/50 | DRL Disabled | Carbon Fiber Grill, Emblem | MTec 2.1 Halos | LED Interior Xenon | Painted Red Calipers | JleviSW LED Signals & Licence Plate Kit | Voltage Stabilizer | GruppeM Intake | Remus PowerSound Quad Exhaust | MorrVS8 with Bridegestone RE960

Last edited by ShiraiwaRiku; 01-31-2007 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep

update thread with pictures
Alpine White | Navigation | Premium | Osram HID 6000K Headlight, Foglight | LED Blackline | M-Tech Steering Wheel, Rear Bumper | AC Schnitzer Pedals, E-Brake, Decklid, Rooftop, Front Spoiler, Side Skirt, Racing Spring | Tint 35/50 | DRL Disabled | Carbon Fiber Grill, Emblem | MTec 2.1 Halos | LED Interior Xenon | Painted Red Calipers | JleviSW LED Signals & Licence Plate Kit | Voltage Stabilizer | GruppeM Intake | Remus PowerSound Quad Exhaust | MorrVS8 with Bridegestone RE960
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
GTGeo96
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
hmm since this is an aftermarket wheel, it may not be this, but you sure you snapped the airbag all the way in? it is held by springs that snap in and out of place...you should just be able to line up the bag and push it in and it will snap right into place.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGeo96 View Post
hmm since this is an aftermarket wheel, it may not be this, but you sure you snapped the airbag all the way in? it is held by springs that snap in and out of place...you should just be able to line up the bag and push it in and it will snap right into place.

yes I did, but it's just hanging lose like shown in pictures
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
did you use your old brakets? if so then you are not using the right bracket. i would hold off on selling your oem steering wheels. the dealer does not sell the braket you are looking for. it only comes together with the zsp steering wheel. BMW does not have a part number for it. sorry.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
did you use your old brakets? if so then you are not using the right bracket. i would hold off on selling your oem steering wheels. the dealer does not sell the braket you are looking for. it only comes together with the zsp steering wheel. BMW does not have a part number for it. sorry.
so I'm guessing this doesn't work

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 04:44 AM   #7
HSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i Awhite/terra

Garage List
e46 m3  [0.00]
V10 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 C coupe  [0.00]
you need to get new steering wheel ASAP I wont drive the car like that . BTW you might need correctly steering function button if I am not wrong
      02-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
NO that bracket will not work that you just pictured!! U have everything RIGHT!!!! dude its NOT clicked in!!! all u need to do is make sure your negative battery terminal is off and fucking push that thing in like u got some idiot in front of you and your honking the damb horn!!! PUt some damb MAN power behind it bro!!!! thats exactly what mine looks like once i pop it off!! and from what your saying its loose so that tells me the airbag is not all the way in!!
      02-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #9
HSU
Captain
Rep

Garage List
e46 m3  [0.00]
V10 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 C coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
NO that bracket will not work that you just pictured!! U have everything RIGHT!!!! dude its NOT clicked in!!! all u need to do is make sure your negative battery terminal is off and fucking push that thing in like u got some idiot in front of you and your honking the damb horn!!! PUt some damb MAN power behind it bro!!!! thats exactly what mine looks like once i pop it off!! and from what your saying its loose so that tells me the airbag is not all the way in!!

Sorry my bad ADHD is right just went back and check the other thread you posted
pics you got everythin already
      02-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #10
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
I tried to pushed in really hard, but it didn't work..

thats why I'm wondering if I'm missing that bracket thing..

because when I uninstall the non-sport package steering wheel, there are

actually two metal plate..

one here

and another one seperately

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #11
HSU
Captain
Rep

Garage List
e46 m3  [0.00]
V10 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 C coupe  [0.00]
well .....the second pics of bracket it came from your non sport steering wheel right? which is only fit your non sports air bag you dont need this for you sports air bag!!!!!!
also I saw the pic of your Mtech wheel they do have bracket on it already so I dont think you miss anythng hope this help.
      02-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #12
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSU View Post
well .....the second pics of bracket it came from your non sport steering wheel right? which is only fit your non sports air bag you dont need this for you sports air bag!!!!!!
also I saw the pic of your Mtech wheel they do have bracket on it already so I dont think you miss anythng hope this help.
I didnt put the non sport bracket on

I'm just wondering if the non sport has 2 metal plates, then it must be the same for the sport version..

I'll try to push it in with more brutal force later, see if it works, I hope the airbag won't deploys on me...

side question: do you guyz disconnect just the negative or the positive as well?
Appreciate 0