E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Google Maps - Send To Function



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
2kaccordocoupe
Colonel
 
2kaccordocoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GTA

Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 e92 335i  [0.00]
Thumbs down Google Maps - Send To Function

Hey Folks,
This has not worked for me since August, I finally got sick of it and escalated it to BMW Assist and BMW Canada this afternoon, I should be getting a call back from both parties tomorrow to update me on the situation. I was pretty vocal on how frustrating this is from a customer perspective especially when you are paying a premium for it. Lets see what happens.

Anyone currently have this feature working in Canada?

Update: 11/11/10 5:59pm Eastern

Issue resolved
CHCCubs, ak22 & neuromatic give this a try.
Call BMW Canada @ 1-800-567-2691. Ask the rep who picks up your call to transfer you to Ben.
Tell Ben that you are having the same my info issue as Harjit.
Ben will take care of you, he will send your info to a tech specialist who will get up you up and running.
Let me know how it goes.
__________________
2009 335i E92 Coupe
Manual/Navigation/Executive/Audiophile/Sport/19s
Alpine White/Coral Red Dakota

Last edited by 2kaccordocoupe; 11-11-2010 at 06:00 PM.
2kaccordocoupe is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
redline2
Private
 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Currently working for me in Toronto. Use it fairly regularly.
redline2 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
2kaccordocoupe
Colonel
 
2kaccordocoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GTA

Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline2 View Post
Currently working for me in Toronto. Use it fairly regularly.
Thanks, it's good to know that it's not all Canadians.
__________________
2009 335i E92 Coupe
Manual/Navigation/Executive/Audiophile/Sport/19s
Alpine White/Coral Red Dakota
2kaccordocoupe is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
aspiring335
Major
 
aspiring335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E91 6MT
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 1,442
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Yes, it's been working fine for me since I took delivery of my car in March. Sorry to hear you're having issues. Hope they fix it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Hey Folks,
This has not worked for me since August, I finally got sick of it and escalated it to BMW Assist and BMW Canada this afternoon, I should be getting a call back from both parties tomorrow to update me on the situation. I was pretty vocal on how frustrating this is from a customer perspective especially when you are paying a premium for it. Lets see what happens.

Anyone currently have this feature working in Canada?
__________________
2010 E91 328i xdrive. 6MT, Sports, Premium Sound, Navigation

2010 VW Touareg TDI, 2006 E90 330i, 2004 E46 325iT, 2003 MINI Cooper S (Retired)
aspiring335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
ak22
New Member
 
ak22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

I purchased my car in February of 2010, and this feature was working well for the first few months.
Lately however it has not been working at all. When I send an address to a car, it states that it has been sent successfully, but nothing shows up in the car.

ak22 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
2kaccordocoupe
Colonel
 
2kaccordocoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GTA

Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak22 View Post
I purchased my car in February of 2010, and this feature was working well for the first few months.
Lately however it has not been working at all. When I send an address to a car, it states that it has been sent successfully, but nothing shows up in the car.

You are in the same situation as me
Call BMW Assist @ 1-800-493-4070 & BMW Canada @ 1-800-567-2691 to complain and escalate the issue.
__________________
2009 335i E92 Coupe
Manual/Navigation/Executive/Audiophile/Sport/19s
Alpine White/Coral Red Dakota
2kaccordocoupe is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
ak22
New Member
 
ak22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

I had called BMW Assist a few weeks back, and all they did was verified my email address and stated that they were aware of the issue.
I asked the representative when they expect the issue to be fixed, and she stated that they were working on it.
I'll give them both a call tomorrow morning.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
You are in the same situation as me
Call BMW Assist @ 1-800-493-4070 & BMW Canada @ 1-800-567-2691 to complain and escalate the issue.
ak22 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #8
EVTee
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 335d
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Coquitlam, BC

Posts: 177
iTrader: (0)

Mine has been reliable from day of delivery. Use it regularly.
__________________
EVTee is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #9
CHCCubs
Lieutenant Colonel
 
CHCCubs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Posts: 1,707
iTrader: (0)

I've had this issue since August as well. I've made repeated calls to BMW assist with no luck either. I've even changed the email address they have on file, but it still doesn't work. I've given up on it for now, and just call the concierge service when I need directions.
__________________

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
CHCCubs is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #10
BRAISKI
Colonel
 
BRAISKI's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

Posts: 2,353
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
So far I have no issues with mine... I don't use it that often though.
BRAISKI is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
JSTDR1V
Saving Lives Since 2000
 
JSTDR1V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335xi & 2013 X3 28i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northeast

Posts: 2,199
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2013 X3 28i  [0.00]
Most of these problems are stupid hang ups with your account and email address that is used for your BMW Assist account.


It took me 4 separate phone calls to get this working again.
JSTDR1V is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
Andy M
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,207
iTrader: (5)

Use your SOS button and check with BMW Assist to see if they are receiving data from your car - i.e. your VIN, GPS location, etc.

If they are not receiving your VIN, you cannot receive maps via your BMW Assist since the system figure out which car to send it to by VIN. If that's the case, bring it into your dealership.

I brought it into BMW Toronto and they had trouble figuring it out. Turns out at the end, the registration just wasn't done properly so they had to resend the paperwork to BMW Assist. They tested my system and it works now.

Btw, great service at BMW Toronto. Highly recommend them for service work.
Andy M is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
2kaccordocoupe
Colonel
 
2kaccordocoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GTA

Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
Use your SOS button and check with BMW Assist to see if they are receiving data from your car - i.e. your VIN, GPS location, etc.

If they are not receiving your VIN, you cannot receive maps via your BMW Assist since the system figure out which car to send it to by VIN. If that's the case, bring it into your dealership.

I brought it into BMW Toronto and they had trouble figuring it out. Turns out at the end, the registration just wasn't done properly so they had to resend the paperwork to BMW Assist. They tested my system and it works now.

Btw, great service at BMW Toronto. Highly recommend them for service work.
Car is sending data fine. The concierge can push locations to my car no problem. Just does not work via google maps.
__________________
2009 335i E92 Coupe
Manual/Navigation/Executive/Audiophile/Sport/19s
Alpine White/Coral Red Dakota
2kaccordocoupe is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #14
Blackadder
Captain Blackadder
 
Blackadder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335D
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mission, BC

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

I had the same problem last week and contacted BMW. They said that everything appeared to be ok at their end and believed it to be a Google Maps issue.

Just checked it 2 minutes ago and it is working fine. Maybe just a glitch with Google.
__________________
2009 335d - Space Grey Metallic - Grey Dakota Leather
Audio control LC6i interface + base remote feeding a Boston Acoustics GT50 5 channel amp. Eclipse SC8365 + Focal 165 VRX, rear SP5010. MB Quart RSH304 12" subwoofer.
AF&AM
Blackadder is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #15
2kaccordocoupe
Colonel
 
2kaccordocoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GTA

Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
I had the same problem last week and contacted BMW. They said that everything appeared to be ok at their end and believed it to be a Google Maps issue.

Just checked it 2 minutes ago and it is working fine. Maybe just a glitch with Google.
The situation you encountered was probably a minor glitch however the issue that CHCCubs, ak22 and I are experiencing goes much deeper.

In August a change was made to the way information was passed from google to BMW. Once it hits BMW it gets split into NA and Canada for routing. All of the addresses were migrated to this new service however some of the address failed and are in a limbo state with no end point vehicle defined.
__________________
2009 335i E92 Coupe
Manual/Navigation/Executive/Audiophile/Sport/19s
Alpine White/Coral Red Dakota
2kaccordocoupe is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #16
goldn
Captain
 
goldn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E91 328i xDrive 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Collingwood, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 728
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVTee View Post
Mine has been reliable from day of delivery. Use it regularly.
this.
goldn is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #17
neuromatic
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupé
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
I had the same problem last week and contacted BMW. They said that everything appeared to be ok at their end and believed it to be a Google Maps issue.

Just checked it 2 minutes ago and it is working fine. Maybe just a glitch with Google.
Great news -- wish I could say the same. I'm in the same boat as CHCCubs and 2kaccordocoupe. I took delivery in July '09 and it worked perfectly until this August.

I've called Concierge 4 times: verfied that they are receiving data from the car and tried re-registering my email address, to no avail. For what it's worth, the guy I spoke to today indicated they would provide me with a partial refund.

Andy M: BMW Toronto did the initial registration. I'm taking the car in for an oil change next week; I'll ask them to take a crack at it.
__________________
2009 E92 335i | Sapphire Black | Jade Gray | Aluminum | Sports Package | Steptronic | iDrive
neuromatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #18
ak22
New Member
 
ak22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

I called BMW Assist this evening and they told me that I should visit the dealership where they have specialists who will be better able to troubleshoot this issue.
ak22 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #19
CHCCubs
Lieutenant Colonel
 
CHCCubs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Posts: 1,707
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak22 View Post
I called BMW Assist this evening and they told me that I should visit the dealership where they have specialists who will be better able to troubleshoot this issue.
I was told that by them once as well, however its clearly not an issue with the car as the car receives date fine when it's sent by the concierge as one of the posts above mentioned.
__________________

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
CHCCubs is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #20
bdardashti
Captain
 
bdardashti's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 328i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 986
iTrader: (2)

I've had my car for about a month now and use the feature quite frequently. Have sent at least 20 addresses to the car and all of them came in right away. Have you guys tried to maybe change your email address with BMW Assist?

Also, maybe try Google.ca and Google.com? Perhaps it's different (mine works with both).
bdardashti is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #21
him
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

I hope they're smart enough to compensate you for this inconvenience.
him is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #22
CHCCubs
Lieutenant Colonel
 
CHCCubs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Posts: 1,707
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
I've had my car for about a month now and use the feature quite frequently. Have sent at least 20 addresses to the car and all of them came in right away. Have you guys tried to maybe change your email address with BMW Assist?

Also, maybe try Google.ca and Google.com? Perhaps it's different (mine works with both).
I have changed my email address, and used different versions of google, but it still did not work.
__________________

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
CHCCubs is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST