E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Alignment? Definitely worth the money.

11-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
Infamous
Secret Asian Man

Drives: E90 335i

Alignment? Definitely worth the money.

I'm surprised that after having a few modded cars/trucks, I never bothered to do research on alignments and balance.

I'm still really new to this platform so I decided to search pretty far into older E90Post threads and learned a few things . . .

Ended up setting (KW V2s) the rear a quarter inch higher than the front because I read that would help the front grip a little better at the limit and dial out some understeer.

Also set my camber at -1.2 up front (removed those nubs) and -1.9 in the rear to get the car a little grippier.

I took the car out on some windy unpopulated local roads and got it near the limit; I have to say I do feel a difference. It's now much more intuitive and I feel that it is less prone to push / understeer. Nothing night and day amazing but it generally feels better.

I like it.

Any advice from the pro's? Anything else I should be doing or shouldn't be doing?
Infamous is offline   United_States