E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Corner Delete Mod for e90 (complete)

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Chesmu's Avatar Corner Delete Mod for e90 (complete)
Chesmu
02-03-2007
This is the completed and functional version of this DIY. Again, this would have been impossible without the input of 96vette, ADHD, Ksfrogman, ///Matt, mrdirosa, Calvino, and many others.

see this thread:...
By montreal_bimmer on 05-28-2007, 03:52 PM
wow... something so simple.... is not for me...

i wish i could do this.... but im horrible at this stuff
By BoostedBMW on 05-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Actually, for the E92 since there are no LED's available for it, would we be able to do this with the stock bulbs where we could cut the power for the signals so that they would no longer be parking lights, but have them blink from the sidemarker? Basically, is it possible to do this mod with the stock bulbs instead of using LEDs? I'm just wondering if it would trip a bulb error without the LEDs.
By NVM3NYC on 05-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Actually, for the E92 since there are no LED's available for it, would we be able to do this with the stock bulbs where we could cut the power for the signals so that they would no longer be parking lights, but have them blink from the sidemarker? Basically, is it possible to do this mod with the stock bulbs instead of using LEDs? I'm just wondering if it would trip a bulb error without the LEDs.
im attempting this mod this week, will have pics posted up with instructions i wrote the original corner delete mod diy on e46... shouldnt be much different
By BoostedBMW on 05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCxZeRo View Post
im attempting this mod this week, will have pics posted up with instructions i wrote the original corner delete mod diy on e46... shouldnt be much different
That sounds great! Please keep us posted.
By NVM3NYC on 05-31-2007, 12:38 AM
done with the e92 just tryin to figure out the little led, anyone have any ideas?
By BoostedBMW on 05-31-2007, 06:18 AM
Quote:
done with the e92 just tryin to figure out the little led, anyone have any ideas?
This is good news , but now we need a DIY.
By uhaulball on 05-31-2007, 06:20 AM
Quote:
nice! i remember u did that on ur e46 too
By Chesmu on 05-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
nice! i remember u did that on ur e46 too
yeah..he was the origin of this mod.

the led for the fron turn signal is necessary. With the stock bulb, i kept getting an error...too much power draw.

see the link in the first post of this thread for ALL teh details about that....
By Swoop on 06-01-2007, 08:25 PM
ANyone in the DC area wann help me do this mod? If I try it myself, I'll definitely break stuff...
By sambonator on 07-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvino View Post
thru the wheel, The driver side was easy but the massager side was a pain in the ass because the windshield washer tank is right behind the side maker.

Who is the massager?

By FrankoQ on 07-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
ANyone in the DC area wann help me do this mod? If I try it myself, I'll definitely break stuff...
I'm cooking a new recipe for this "problem"
will let you know if it works.
I think I just about have all I need and will probably try this weekend.
By Chesmu on 07-17-2007, 11:58 PM
keep us updated...
By FrankoQ on 07-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesmu View Post
keep us updated...
Chesmu,
I started to think about a 3rd solution with a friend.
But after a few tests and error messages, the new solution
became too complex and expensive.
So I ditched a new solution.
Since I was determined to have this mod, I study your solution and
the one from Mpowerman.

I choose Mpowerman's solution. His original DIY is a little more complicated
that it needs to be. He talks about removing bumper and headlights.
drilling several holes on the light covers.
I did not have to do all that.
I got it to work. But kudos for your solution and his.
Now, if I can just get rid of the amber.
By FrankoQ on 07-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Here is the link for Mpowerman's alternative solution:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55190

If you go with his solution, look for my posts.
I added my installation notes which simplify the process.
By joebaggg on 08-05-2007, 07:40 PM
im going to attempt this mod as this week. 25 watt 6 ohm resistors ok, or 50 w? is there a way to get halos to work as DRL?
By joebaggg on 08-06-2007, 03:37 PM
can anyone confirm?
By Chesmu on 08-06-2007, 11:50 PM
halos as drl would require re-wiring at the headlight adapter. //matt tried this back when we were first working onthis mod and got errors and bulb-outs.... and he's a BMW tech.

I just turn the headlight switch to parking lights when I want my halos on. with the CDM, the parking lights don;t come on, so it's not illegeal to drive around that way. That was the primary reason i did this mod.
If it's dawn/dusk/cloudy and the headlights don't come on automatically, ii just turn on my halos. with my lux 2.0, they're plenty bright enuff to be used as daytime running lights.
By jasonn on 08-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Well, I went back to look at the e46 DIY and I came up with this diagram. Let me know if this is correct. Basically you cut off the corner light and connect a resistor on the factory ground wire and connect it to the sidemarker ground wire. You also connect the factory corner power to the sidemarker power. Once you get that on, you connect a seperate wire from the factory sidemarker power and ground to the socket for the corner light. Is that correct?
Attached Images

By joebaggg on 08-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesmu View Post
halos as drl would require re-wiring at the headlight adapter. //matt tried this back when we were first working onthis mod and got errors and bulb-outs.... and he's a BMW tech.

I just turn the headlight switch to parking lights when I want my halos on. with the CDM, the parking lights don;t come on, so it's not illegeal to drive around that way. That was the primary reason i did this mod.
If it's dawn/dusk/cloudy and the headlights don't come on automatically, ii just turn on my halos. with my lux 2.0, they're plenty bright enuff to be used as daytime running lights.
yes i saw that post. i do turn on my parking lights to get the halos running however i forget to turn them off when i get out and they dont turn off automatically with the car. i replaced my keyhole cover so if my car dies im SOL so i need to find an alternative. im going to go ahead with the CDM as soon as my resistors come in. im not worried about warning lights because i have a millon of them already, but there is a way to get them running as DRL's and disable the ugly halogen
By calvino on 08-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
100%100%100%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
80%80%80%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
Average 93%
I don't think that diagram is right.
you don't need to get the ground from the side maker just the power. this is the right one.
Attached Images

By jasonn on 08-07-2007, 03:05 PM
So basically its... keep the stock ground alone and the only thing you're wiring out is the power? Seems simple enough.
By Chesmu on 08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
calvino's wiring is simpler than mine. i ran extra grounds when i did mine.
Comment