E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > *Official* 6FL iPod/USB Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #375
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I have a new thread that shows the 6FL at work with iDrive.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...324#post847324
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #376
funkahdafi
Second Lieutenant
 
funkahdafi's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 (E89) sDrive 35is
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Europe, Germany, Mannheim

Posts: 273
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to funkahdafi
NEVER. EVER. NEVER!!!! Will I use a car that is running blue-screen, ehr, excuse me, Microsoft Windows.

Stinks like Blue Crash Of Death to me. Avoid at all cost.
funkahdafi is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #377
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
 
Drives: 320i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North West, UK

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Great post guys, I ordered the 6FL option for my new E93, and until this didn't realise the issues with the cable that everyone is having.

I contacted the dealer today and gave them the part codes so they are looking into it. There first response was that it will come with the car, but after a discussion they are going to check and order it if they need to.

Car is due for delivery end of June so there should be enough time for them to sort it (I hope)

Great post Ledzep I think I am changing my order over to the full sat nav system now, as the ipod integration looks awesome!

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!
Trigger2007 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #378
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2007 View Post
Great post guys, I ordered the 6FL option for my new E93, and until this didn't realise the issues with the cable that everyone is having.

I contacted the dealer today and gave them the part codes so they are looking into it. There first response was that it will come with the car, but after a discussion they are going to check and order it if they need to.

Car is due for delivery end of June so there should be enough time for them to sort it (I hope)

Great post Ledzep I think I am changing my order over to the full sat nav system now, as the ipod integration looks awesome!

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!
Thanks Trigger! I get a handsome commission anytime someone upgrades their order!
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #379
Waldorf
Black Opps field agent
 
Waldorf's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YUL

Posts: 449
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
does anyone have the part numbers to order this kit?

i've searched this thread and didn't fin the info.
__________________
-------------------
:rocks: Montreal to Vermont OktoberFast cruise. :rocks:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79557
Waldorf is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #380
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
does anyone have the part numbers to order this kit?

i've searched this thread and didn't fin the info.
Didn't like the answer I gave on the other thread?
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #381
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
 
Drives: 320i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North West, UK

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Thanks Trigger! I get a handsome commission anytime someone upgrades their order!
You better request it. Order updated to include Professional Sat Nav, Integrated Bluetooth with telematics, and Voice recognition.

I have told my dealer to hang up if I call again before my car goes into build!!!
Trigger2007 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #382
X5FX
Private First Class
 
X5FX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in my X5

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
does anyone have the part numbers to order this kit?

i've searched this thread and didn't fin the info.
Part #
6FL-004-006SEARCH-5SEARCH-003
__________________
2013 X5 35i M Sport
X5FX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #383
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2007 View Post
You better request it. Order updated to include Professional Sat Nav, Integrated Bluetooth with telematics, and Voice recognition.

I have told my dealer to hang up if I call again before my car goes into build!!!
You'll be happy you did. I'm a newbie to iDrive and I love it. It also adds a lot to the 6FL option, as well as many many other things. I changed my order twice - I know what you mean!
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #384
theroyalwe
BMW CA
 
theroyalwe's Avatar
 
Drives: MINI, all BMW's
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SE PA

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

fyi, we got a bulletin today about the cable and the part number... but the cables have been at the dealers since monday so at least things were being corrected beforehand.
__________________
theroyalwe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #385
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalwe View Post
fyi, we got a bulletin today about the cable and the part number... but the cables have been at the dealers since monday so at least things were being corrected beforehand.
Yep, got mine on Monday along with some apology gifts. Thanks for your help through the hissy-fit process... even if it was only to sympathize!
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #386
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Also - you can use one of the six programmable buttons for the iPod. When you press the button it will go directly to the iPod as your audio source and start playing where you left off. Pretty nice.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #387
Weaselboy
Major
 
Weaselboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i F30 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal USA

Posts: 1,100
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Also - you can use one of the six programmable buttons for the iPod. When you press the button it will go directly to the iPod as your audio source and start playing where you left off. Pretty nice.
Hmm... did not think of that. Good idea.
Weaselboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #388
bmwvirgin
Enlisted Member
 
bmwvirgin's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
Hmm... did not think of that. Good idea.
another thought.....don't waste one the 6 buttons to switch directly to AUX/iPod. the "diamond" button on steering wheel can do this function too (the 2 steering wheel buttons - diamond/star - are limited to 6 or 7 pre-programmed functions) vs the 6 buttons by the stereo can be anything.

__________________
335xi Sp Graphite/Blk w/ Alum Trim / Sprt / Prem / Cold Weather / Ipod / 18" wheels / KWv3
bmwvirgin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2007, 06:01 AM   #389
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwvirgin View Post
another thought.....don't waste one the 6 buttons to switch directly to AUX/iPod. the "diamond" button on steering wheel can do this function too (the 2 steering wheel buttons - diamond/star - are limited to 6 or 7 pre-programmed functions) vs the 6 buttons by the stereo can be anything.

True - and don't forget that one of the other two new buttons is Mode, which will cycle through your entertainment sources in the same way. I haven't decided where the 6 buttons will ultimately be used, just experimenting to see what options exist.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #390
funkahdafi
Second Lieutenant
 
funkahdafi's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 (E89) sDrive 35is
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Europe, Germany, Mannheim

Posts: 273
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to funkahdafi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
True - and don't forget that one of the other two new buttons is Mode, which will cycle through your entertainment sources in the same way. I haven't decided where the 6 buttons will ultimately be used, just experimenting to see what options exist.
even better, you just hit the voice button and say "audio external" and you're there.
funkahdafi is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2007, 03:28 AM   #391
silverbmwz3
Colonel
 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
To what extent does the E90's voice control allow you to voice control the ipod via this option?
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
silverbmwz3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #392
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkahdafi View Post
even better, you just hit the voice button and say "audio external" and you're there.
I'll try that one - thanks!
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2007, 07:38 AM   #393
funkahdafi
Second Lieutenant
 
funkahdafi's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 (E89) sDrive 35is
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Europe, Germany, Mannheim

Posts: 273
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to funkahdafi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
I'll try that one - thanks!
Note that I am in a german car, I just translated it to the most obvious english meaning. It might be slightly different, but you get the point. It's there
funkahdafi is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #394
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
 
BMW3FXD's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 520d M-Sport (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Finally got my car! The USB and Logic7 Speaker combo is awesome. To have your entire music collection at your fingertips with that sound quality makes you want to sit in your car all day!

My only wish is that there should be an alphabetic (i.e. a-z) sub menu for the iPod, as you get with the phone list. I have just as many music Artists as phone contacts!
BMW3FXD is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #395
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
 
JSpira's Avatar
 
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, München, Wien

Posts: 5,254
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkahdafi View Post
Note that I am in a german car, I just translated it to the most obvious english meaning. It might be slightly different, but you get the point. It's there
und auf deutsch sagt man ...
__________________
Freude am Fahren.

Jonathan




E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired


Nominated: Most Contributing Member
JSpira is offline   Austria
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #396
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira View Post
und auf deutsch sagt man ...
Hey, are you making fun of me in that funny Schnappi language again??
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST