E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > BMW Retrofit Team: CIC Navigation System Retrofits, Combox Retrofit and Remote Coding



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #23
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
bmwretrofit's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
626
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I aleady have a combox bought of ebay, can you supply the required xover cables as pictured earlier in this post? Also what else will have to be done?

I already have a 2009 CIC unit retrofitted in my 2008 E92 M3.

Cheers
Stevo, we will be releasing the Combox kit as a product for all our customers during the next few weeks. In order to have a proper Internet functionality with Combox (if applicable) you will have to upgrade the software in your CIC and Combox to the latest one (it is not yet released as of today). This upgrade can be performed only by using special optical equipment. We may provide you with this service but you will have to ship us your CIC and Combox to Canada for the software upgrade. We also may provide you with the complete schematic diagram for the proper Combox wiring.
Once we release Combox as a product we will be offering the wiring with the connectors as well.
__________________
_________________
Bimmer Retrofit Inc.
Tel: +1.450.844.4655 | email: info@bimmerretrofit.com | www.bimmerretrofit.com | Bimmer Retrofit Support Forums
CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #24
Bern1978
Enlisted Member
Bern1978's Avatar
0
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: Seat Ibiza Fr
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Porto, Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Hi,

Sorry but i have a question:

Im from Portugal and i have an E92 from 2009 with CIC.

So that i can have the nwe COMBOX what will i need?
As my CIC to be sent to you?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #25
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
bmwretrofit's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
626
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern1978 View Post
Hi,

Sorry but i have a question:

Im from Portugal and i have an E92 from 2009 with CIC.

So that i can have the nwe COMBOX what will i need?
As my CIC to be sent to you?

Thanks
In case if your BMW come with CIC from factory (which is most probably the case) you will simply have to go to your BMW dealer and request complete software update from them. They will have to update your vehicle's software level to the highest available. Just make sure to do that once new version release is confirmed by us. This will eleminate shipping of your CIC system to us.
Next step would be to purchase a Combox retrofit kit from us and install it in to your bimmer That's it !
__________________
_________________
Bimmer Retrofit Inc.
Tel: +1.450.844.4655 | email: info@bimmerretrofit.com | www.bimmerretrofit.com | Bimmer Retrofit Support Forums
CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #26
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,186
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
In case if your BMW come with CIC from factory (which is most probably the case) you will simply have to go to your BMW dealer and request complete software update from them. They will have to update your vehicle's software level to the highest available. Just make sure to do that once new version release is confirmed by us. This will eleminate shipping of your CIC system to us.
Next step would be to purchase a Combox retrofit kit from us and install it in to your bimmer That's it !
No dealer will be able to flash a non-2011.5 CIC with 2011.5 CIC firmware... his Vehicle Order will block that from happenning.

He will need to send that CIC to you... you should know that.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #27
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
bmwretrofit's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
626
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
No dealer will be able to flash a non-2011.5 CIC with 2011.5 CIC firmware... his Vehicle Order will block that from happenning.

He will need to send that CIC to you... you should know that.
Yes, possibly my fault is here. The production # date is within 2009...
So programming with ISTA 40 at our location only than.
__________________
_________________
Bimmer Retrofit Inc.
Tel: +1.450.844.4655 | email: info@bimmerretrofit.com | www.bimmerretrofit.com | Bimmer Retrofit Support Forums
CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #28
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
bmwretrofit's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
626
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)


We just got confirmation - XMass discounted prices for the CIC kits: E60 and E90 are to be anounced during next days

Special prices for the limited time only will be anounced here.
What is known for sure at this time is that we will be having E6x and E9x series CIC kits with complete hardware activation included for the very special price.


Also there will be only 5 to 10 kits available at that price. So most probably this XMass will bring for some one good upgrade for their BMWs.


Stay tuned
__________________
_________________
Bimmer Retrofit Inc.
Tel: +1.450.844.4655 | email: info@bimmerretrofit.com | www.bimmerretrofit.com | Bimmer Retrofit Support Forums
CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #29
e60sk
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e60
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: sk

iTrader: (0)

I got this kit from those guys, works nice, and they help me a lot during the installation, thanx
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #30
spazticrecords
Banned
1
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY.

iTrader: (0)

I can't wait for the combox retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #31
bmw-art
New Member
Germany
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: München

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazticrecords View Post
I can't wait for the combox retrofit.
you can order it now
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #32
spazticrecords
Banned
1
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY.

iTrader: (0)

Where can I order it now?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #33
bmw-art
New Member
Germany
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: München

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazticrecords View Post
Where can I order it now?
you need part numbers or what ?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 06:10 AM   #34
rezi
Enlisted Member
rezi's Avatar
Austria
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

hello bmwretrofit!

what are you doing with the can bus the telematic combox needs?
put two wires from the pdc controll (near the right back lights) can bus to the com box telematik?
i saw in the wds that theres a can2 in the lci modells with combox, so i´m not shure if it works with the can1.

what do you mean?

regards steven
Attached Images
File Type: pdf combox1.pdf (350.0 KB, 1229 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #35
taibanl
Brigadier General
taibanl's Avatar
65
Rep
3,643
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NA

iTrader: (4)

I do not have I drive (dont want to add either)

I want to retrofit COMBOX for USB+Ipod as well as A2DP bluetooth.

Please PM me price for NON I drive combox addition to 2011 e90
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #36
jimk
Captain
jimk's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
735
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 M/T
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (5)

I Have a 2009 factory installed CIC. I do not have the TCU with ASSIST but I do have the MULF2. Vehicles from 02/09 production did not come with pre-wiring options 640 or 644. I have programmed the vehicle to enable Bluetooth and wired up the mic and BT antenna. It works great, although I've lost voice control (620), the system is prompting for my response...seems like there is no mic input. . Can I replace the MULF2 with the combox and still keep BT, USB/iPod, fix the voice issue and enable messaging?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #37
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
bmwretrofit's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
626
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk View Post
I Have a 2009 factory installed CIC. I do not have the TCU with ASSIST but I do have the MULF2. Vehicles from 02/09 production did not come with pre-wiring options 640 or 644. I have programmed the vehicle to enable Bluetooth and wired up the mic and BT antenna. It works great, although I've lost voice control (620), the system is prompting for my response...seems like there is no mic input. . Can I replace the MULF2 with the combox and still keep BT, USB/iPod, fix the voice issue and enable messaging?
Yes, Combox will allow you to have BT connectivity with the phone and 6FL (USB). Voice issue should be fixed by proper wiring to the Combox and proper coding of the CIC unit. Finally the messaging will work only with certain models of the phones, supported by Combox, for now.
For your case when you do not have existed TCU module, Combox Media should be just fine.
__________________
_________________
Bimmer Retrofit Inc.
Tel: +1.450.844.4655 | email: info@bimmerretrofit.com | www.bimmerretrofit.com | Bimmer Retrofit Support Forums
CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #38
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,186
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Still waiting for a solution of replacing the TCU with the Combox Telematics while keeping all the Assist functions and account information intact.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #39
timmahh
ghey
timmahh's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,115
Posts

 
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

So if you buy this it's coded by you for the specific vehicle, but it does not come with navigation, maps, or voice command enabled and those codes will have to be done at an additional fee?
__________________

The females confuse me.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #40
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
bmwretrofit's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
626
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
So if you buy this it's coded by you for the specific vehicle, but it does not come with navigation, maps, or voice command enabled and those codes will have to be done at an additional fee?
I assume you talk about CIC retrofit. There are few options available at the moment, plus in addition to these, we have a Christmas Special price offered til Dec 19,2010.
You may purchase only the CIC hardware with complete coding for your vehicle. Other option is to purchase CIC hardware with Navi, Voice and Video in motion activation + complete coding for your vehicle.
Please refer to the following two links for more information:

BMW Retrofit Special Offer Thread

and our official online store:

BMW Retrofit Online Store
__________________
_________________
Bimmer Retrofit Inc.
Tel: +1.450.844.4655 | email: info@bimmerretrofit.com | www.bimmerretrofit.com | Bimmer Retrofit Support Forums
CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #41
Max123
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
I assume you talk about CIC retrofit. There are few options available at the moment, plus in addition to these, we have a Christmas Special price offered til Dec 19,2010.
You may purchase only the CIC hardware with complete coding for your vehicle. Other option is to purchase CIC hardware with Navi, Voice and Video in motion activation + complete coding for your vehicle.
Please refer to the following two links for more information:

BMW Retrofit Special Offer Thread

and our official online store:

BMW Retrofit Online Store
So what are the differences between hardware and remote activation?
Any advantages/disadvantages between one another?
Would we be able to retrofit the new combox with the hardware activated units?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #42
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
bmwretrofit's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
626
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max123 View Post
So what are the differences between hardware and remote activation?
Any advantages/disadvantages between one another?
Would we be able to retrofit the new combox with the hardware activated units?
The main difference is the price
Besides that there are no differences in the functionality for the CIC systems at all. Both FSC and Hardware activated CIC systems performs absolutely the same in terms of Navigation and/or Voice functionality. Another advantage of the Hardware activation is that it is permanent - means in case if you decide to sell your CIC system, your customer no longer require to purchase expensive FSC activation codes again, means he will be willing to pay you a bit more...

However it always important what type of Hardware activation is used. We do offer 100% safe way of Hardware activation to all of our customers. It has been developed by our engineers in Canada. At the same time we DO NOT recommend to use any CIC Emulation chips offered from Europe. These chips do not comply with FCC norms and regulations to be used in North America and Canada.

Finally when Video in Motion hardware activation is in use, there will be a difference how CIC will handle the speed signals coming from ABS and DME.

Combox retrofit works 100% well with Hardware type of the CIC activation. It is tested by us on a few vehicles of our employees so far. There is no single bug in functionality found so far.

__________________
_________________
Bimmer Retrofit Inc.
Tel: +1.450.844.4655 | email: info@bimmerretrofit.com | www.bimmerretrofit.com | Bimmer Retrofit Support Forums
CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #43
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,186
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
These questions have not been answered yet:

1. Can you replicate an USA TCU GSM account and VIN information in a Combox Telematics?
2. Can you interface an USA TCU GSM with a Combox Media while keeping all the current Assist account/VIN features enabled and functional?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #44
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
bmwretrofit's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
626
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
These questions have not been answered yet:

1. Can you replicate an USA TCU GSM account and VIN information in a Combox Telematics?
2. Can you interface an USA TCU GSM with a Combox Media while keeping all the current Assist account/VIN features enabled and functional?
Technic,

I apologize that I am still keep you waiting for the news on the TCU and Telematic questions We faced unexpected problem while performed our tests with Telematic unit last week. Now we are trying to recover from these problems in order to continue our tests.

Answering your 1st question - yes, this should be possible. We are working on it at this time.

Answering your 2nd question: most probably not. We did not test this in full yet, but from the theory we may conclude that once Combox and Assistant (phone prep) options are in FA together - CIC will be expecting for the Telematic part of the Combox, not for the TCU module to show up. Even if we fake the addressing issue, the way how module tied up with in the software - most probably will not allow us to trick the CIC to think that the TCU is the Telematic part of the Combox. In case of success it would be huge step ahead, especially from the costs and work involved perspective.
I know that someone else is working on this problem in Toronto, Canada. In case of success this information will be definitely available here.

I will keep you posted
__________________
_________________
Bimmer Retrofit Inc.
Tel: +1.450.844.4655 | email: info@bimmerretrofit.com | www.bimmerretrofit.com | Bimmer Retrofit Support Forums
CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST