E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > BMW Retrofit Team: CIC Navigation System Retrofits, Combox Retrofit and Remote Coding



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #177
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
 
DieselDiner's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Home

Posts: 1,514
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
BMW Assist integration for North American Combox Telematics units is comming soon. We work on this hard during past couple month.
There are few opened questions left at the moment and the most important is the: clean and proper transfer of the existed BMW Assist account to the new hardware.
We do not want to release any solution which is not complete yet.
DieselDiner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #178
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Its time for the OEM iPhone Video solution

We are working hard on bringing you OEM Video from iPhone solution.
Stay tuned.

Comming soon at our online store. Already available for preordering !
Attached Images
  
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #179
shapa
New Member
 
shapa's Avatar
 
Drives: 535d GT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Hello.

Could not send PM, asking here

Is it possible to do remote coding to enable "internet" option? Everything else is enabled and working - but the car been ordered (and already delivered) 3 days earlier than option been officially opened in the UK

Officials are still not aware is it allowed or not...

I just like to have internet browser in my car - especially for a passengers (i've got professional rear ent. media)

Last edited by shapa; 05-03-2011 at 05:20 PM.
shapa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #180
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa View Post
Hello.

Could not send PM, asking here

Is it possible to do remote coding to enable "internet" option? Everything else is enabled and working - but the car been ordered (and already delivered) 3 days earlier than option been officially opened in the UK

Officials are still not aware is it allowed or not...

I just like to have internet browser in my car - especially for a passengers (i've got professional rear ent. media)
I am sure it is possible !
Please email us at: info@bimmerretrofit.com and we will be happy to help.
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #181
gordonx1
Registered
 
Drives: X1 E84
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Paris, France

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

I seen you had kits for E87 and E82 but what about X1 E84 CIC ?
Please email me: pjgordon@gmail.com your offer on it
gordonx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #182
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Please email us your request and we will be more than happy to help.
info@bimmerretrofit.com

bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #183
gerritg
Enthusiast
 
gerritg's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 3.5 Diesel
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Munich,Germany

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

okay, I manged to retrofit my vehicel with the new CIC.

Everyone buying the Bimmer Retrfit plug and play device should also remove the plastic cover that holds the navigation. You will need to put the big cable adatper on the left so that there is enough room for the navi unit to be place into the hole. If you don't do so it won't fit.

I have a question regarding the plug and play device. the navigation and everything else seem to be working. However I get following errors
- no sound
- dashboard says no SOS calls
- Navigation is activated but no GPS signal. map is locates somewhere in Poland. (that is where I got the navi from)

I also noticed that the language only shows UK English, French, Spanish,
Unluckily no German.

Futher I noticed that the CIC has no port for a black connector that was used on the CCC. Anybody got an idea what this is used for?

Also the Navigation has a sticker on top with HD Sirrius Radio. Not sure what this is. I hope its not an U.S Version.

Thanks for your kind help
Attached Images
  
__________________
NEW BMW X6 3.5 diesel

SOLD 2012>>>BMW 335i Prior Design*AP Racing suspension*K-Sport brake system 8-piston*Individual paint Lambo Balloon white*Alcantara Roof Liner*CIC Retrofittment*M3 Seats paladium silver*M6 Rims 20inch 245.3535-R275.35*BMW Performance Exhaust* LUX V3.AE
gerritg is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 07:06 AM   #184
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,110
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritg View Post
okay, I manged to retrofit my vehicel with the new CIC.

Everyone buying the Bimmer Retrfit plug and play device should also remove the plastic cover that holds the navigation. You will need to put the big cable adatper on the left so that there is enough room for the navi unit to be place into the hole. If you don't do so it won't fit.

I have a question regarding the plug and play device. the navigation and everything else seem to be working. However I get following errors
- no sound
- dashboard says no SOS calls
- Navigation is activated but no GPS signal. map is locates somewhere in Poland. (that is where I got the navi from)

I also noticed that the language only shows UK English, French, Spanish,
Unluckily no German.

Futher I noticed that the CIC has no port for a black connector that was used on the CCC. Anybody got an idea what this is used for?

Also the Navigation has a sticker on top with HD Sirrius Radio. Not sure what this is. I hope its not an U.S Version.

Thanks for your kind help
You did not transfer the MOST plug from the OEM Quadralock to the retrofit harness. It is clearly stated in the retrofit harness install instructions with photos.

That CIC looks like it is USA.

That connector is not used in the CIC, leave it alone.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #185
gerritg
Enthusiast
 
gerritg's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 3.5 Diesel
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Munich,Germany

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Hi,
Thanks
Can u provide me with a link? When i got the plug and play module I got no instructions or manual.
Thanks for your kind help
__________________
NEW BMW X6 3.5 diesel

SOLD 2012>>>BMW 335i Prior Design*AP Racing suspension*K-Sport brake system 8-piston*Individual paint Lambo Balloon white*Alcantara Roof Liner*CIC Retrofittment*M3 Seats paladium silver*M6 Rims 20inch 245.3535-R275.35*BMW Performance Exhaust* LUX V3.AE
gerritg is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #186
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Dear gerritg,

At the page where you purchased the PNP module, at the bottom there was a link to the Instruction manual. Please check it here:

Product page

Here is the direct link to the instruction manual for the PNP Activation module:

Instruction manual

Technic is absolutely correct - you forgot to switch the MOST plug. Once it is done you should be getting beck all missing functions such as sound, SOS, e.t.c related to the MOST ring

Regarding your CIC unit, where did you get it from ? It looks like there are plenty of CIC units which have the Sirius label on top but these are NOT US spec ones. You have to verify with the seller if the CIC you purchased is US or Euro.

Lastly regarding the language issue you have - you absolutely required to get your newly installed CIC retrofit coded for your vehicle. Otherwise I am not sure if you have all correct parameters written in to your CIC unit at present.

In case if you may require assistance or help please email us directly at: info@bimmerretrofit.com

Thank you

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 06-07-2011 at 09:20 AM.
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #187
si777
New Member
 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MUC

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Hi Gerrtig,

du hast eine US-Version zu 100% und das eine Kabel mit 3 Pin´s ist für den Lüfter vom CCC wird beim CIC nicht angeschlossen. Du hast auch kein EU-Karten Material drauf deswegen geht die Navigation nicht. Wie kann man hier PM schreiben?? Gruß
si777 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #188
gerritg
Enthusiast
 
gerritg's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 3.5 Diesel
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Munich,Germany

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Thank you so much. The seller told me its a european version. Its really strange why it has the sirrius sticker on it. Don't know why. In 3 days I will be able to test as I will on a journey. Can't wait to try it out but I think it will work 100%. I thought its a plug and play device :-) So plug and play.
__________________
NEW BMW X6 3.5 diesel

SOLD 2012>>>BMW 335i Prior Design*AP Racing suspension*K-Sport brake system 8-piston*Individual paint Lambo Balloon white*Alcantara Roof Liner*CIC Retrofittment*M3 Seats paladium silver*M6 Rims 20inch 245.3535-R275.35*BMW Performance Exhaust* LUX V3.AE
gerritg is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #189
CRS
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 323i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 324
iTrader: (3)

Is this retrofit possible for an E90 323i without nav?

What are the parts that are needed in addition to the kit and how much approx would it cost?
CRS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #190
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Is this retrofit possible for an E90 323i without nav?

What are the parts that are needed in addition to the kit and how much approx would it cost?
Please email us at: info@bimmerretrofit.com and we will be more than happy to answer all your questions.
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #191
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)


Good day everyone and Thank you for reading!


We are pleased to announce that the affordable, and what is most important, simple to install solution for (6NF) iPhone Video Plugin or as widely known "Video from iPhone to CIC" solution is finally properly developed by Bimmer Retrofit Team and will be available for you shortly..

Since the first day BMW introduced Plugin functionality we were working on the easy solution for each and every one who wants to have it in their vehicle. We did not want to release anything which is not fully ready, thus it took us some time to work it out properly.

As many know the straightforward way of getting Video Plugin in your vehicle includes installation of the Combox, Base Plate and Media Snap in adapter.

Unfortunately Baseplate installation is not the easiest task as well as Media Snap in Adapter together with Baseplate cost a bit expensive, and also not everyone wish to do that much wiring in their possible even lease vehicle.

What we will offer in a very short period of time is a simple and straight forward, affordable solutions. It will be designed in two different versions: Complete Plug and Play when you only plug some cables and get all your video rolling and a little bit more complicated version where you have to do some additional wiring but will get all the parts nicely installed in your vehicle's environment.
.


We will also be offering complete packages which will include CIC + Combox Media or Telematics + our Video Plugin solution.

It is all coming soon at our both European and Canadian sales offices.
Stay tuned ...

More new products and solutions are comming soon!


Attached Images
    
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #192
gerritg
Enthusiast
 
gerritg's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 3.5 Diesel
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Munich,Germany

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

I managed to plug the correct cable in.
- The sos error is not in display anymore
- The gps location is still not updated
- Still no sound.

Could this be that I need to programm the CIC for my vin vehicle so that is has all the option acticated? The donor seems to be an 2008 E91 Touring Facelift.
Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
Dear gerritg,

At the page where you purchased the PNP module, at the bottom there was a link to the Instruction manual. Please check it here:

Product page

Here is the direct link to the instruction manual for the PNP Activation module:

Instruction manual

Technic is absolutely correct - you forgot to switch the MOST plug. Once it is done you should be getting beck all missing functions such as sound, SOS, e.t.c related to the MOST ring

Regarding your CIC unit, where did you get it from ? It looks like there are plenty of CIC units which have the Sirius label on top but these are NOT US spec ones. You have to verify with the seller if the CIC you purchased is US or Euro.

Lastly regarding the language issue you have - you absolutely required to get your newly installed CIC retrofit coded for your vehicle. Otherwise I am not sure if you have all correct parameters written in to your CIC unit at present.

In case if you may require assistance or help please email us directly at: info@bimmerretrofit.com

Thank you
__________________
NEW BMW X6 3.5 diesel

SOLD 2012>>>BMW 335i Prior Design*AP Racing suspension*K-Sport brake system 8-piston*Individual paint Lambo Balloon white*Alcantara Roof Liner*CIC Retrofittment*M3 Seats paladium silver*M6 Rims 20inch 245.3535-R275.35*BMW Performance Exhaust* LUX V3.AE
gerritg is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #193
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritg View Post
I managed to plug the correct cable in.
- The sos error is not in display anymore
- The gps location is still not updated
- Still no sound.

Could this be that I need to programm the CIC for my vin vehicle so that is has all the option acticated? The donor seems to be an 2008 E91 Touring Facelift.
Thanks
Yes you definatelly need to get your CIC coded. This is most probably the reason why you do not have a sound.
As I understood you purhcased your CIC from some seller. Did he warn you that for correct CIC functionality you will need retrofit coding to be done ?

GPS location not updated - this shoud not be related to coding. Do you have a map of your region loaded in the CIC ? Does your GPS antenna (blue connector) properly inserted in to the CIC ?
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #194
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

CIC F-Series are in stock now
F01, F03, F10, F11
Pre-coded
Attached Images
  
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #195
tooshay
First Lieutenant
 
tooshay's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 333
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to tooshay
Combox telematics and 6NR retrofit package ready to go?
__________________
e92 with some ///M3 stuff
tooshay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #196
HomieTheClown
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: the speed limit....NOT!
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: dallas

Posts: 32
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
Yes, possibly my fault is here. The production # date is within 2009...
So programming with ISTA 40 at our location only than.
Hello,

Still trying to learn about all of this. I have a 09 E90 built April 09. So it has a CIC navigation system installed. I think you guys call it a MY2009. So my question which refers to the quote above is will I have to send my unit somewhere? Can someone explain?
HomieTheClown is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #197
davedd
New Member
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: sf bay

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

what comes in the "standard set" for the e9x that cost 1850?
davedd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #198
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
bmwretrofit's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Now F-Series CIC available also in Chinese Language.
Japanese and Korean are to follow ...
Attached Images
 
bmwretrofit is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST