E90Post
 


ProTUNING Freaks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Toronto BMW Parkview Service.....?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
MK599
I like Polar Bears..
MK599's Avatar
Canada
13
Rep
378
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (10)

Toronto BMW Parkview Service.....?

Hey
Every time I call in or go in for service at BMW Parkview, they give me SUCH a difficult time. Its just simple maintenance which should be covered under warranty.........I drive a 2010 E92 M3..
They always take foreverrr to "check" if its even eligible for service.
I thought everything (well most things), were covered for up to 4 years. Do I have something mistaken with this warranty? something as simple as oil?
My mother goes in even without an appointment and has no issues with similar service requests. she drives a 2007 E90 323i.

On a side note, the black plastic cover that covers the child safety thing in the backseat of my E92 broke off. Is that covered under warranty?

With regards to service/warranty.
Am I missing something here?
Is this common, have you guys experienced the same?
What should I do?

I dont really want to stop going there since I live literally like 3 minutes away. So convenience is key.

Thanks
__________________
///Matthew.
@MK599

Last edited by MK599; 12-10-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
CHCCubs
Lieutenant Colonel
CHCCubs's Avatar
Latvia
21
Rep
1,855
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I've never been there for an actual service since I go to T+C for service, but last winter my low oil light came on while I was heading home from work one evening so I stopped in since they were on the way home. They topped off the oil right away and didn't even fill out any paperwork, I was in and out within 10 minutes.
__________________

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
MK599
I like Polar Bears..
MK599's Avatar
Canada
13
Rep
378
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
I've never been there for an actual service since I go to T+C for service, but last winter my low oil light came on while I was heading home from work one evening so I stopped in since they were on the way home. They topped off the oil right away and didn't even fill out any paperwork, I was in and out within 10 minutes.
Thats what I tried to do like a few months back. They made me get out, hand them my keys and such so they can check it on their computer. One service employee even had to ask what year it was..
And it took a total of 30mins..
__________________
///Matthew.
@MK599
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
SGxi
Major General
Canada
87
Rep
6,805
Posts

Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk599 View Post
Hey
Every time I call in or go in for service at BMW Parkview, they give me SUCH a difficult time. Its just simple maintenance which should be covered under warranty.........I drive a 2010 E92 M3..
They always take foreverrr to "check" if its even eligible for service.
I thought everything (well most things), were covered for up to 4 years. Do I have something mistaken with this warranty? something as simple as oil?
My mother goes in even without an appointment and has no issues with similar service requests. she drives a 2007 E90 323i.

On a side note, the black plastic cover that covers the child safety thing in the backseat of my E92 broke off. Is that covered under warranty?

With regards to service/warranty.
Am I missing something here?
Is this common, have you guys experienced the same?
What should I do?

I dont really want to stop going there since I live literally like 3 minutes away. So convenience is key.

Thanks
Maintenance is only limited to oil change basically. Any other work would be outside of the "free, no-charged scheduled maintenance". They would top up your oil and coolants on the spot usually. If you have a broken/wear-and-tear item, usually it's not covered, but if it's excessive wear that is apparently "common", it would cover under the 4 year warrenty.

Unless of course you bought the service-inclusive package, in which case everything is covered.

Since you are only 3 minutes away, it doesn't hurt to just head over and ask for the service manager to have a look at your car, so he can decide if the work you wanted is covered or not...
__________________
MY07 A22 E90 N52Nxi
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
43
Rep
3,607
Posts

Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk599 View Post
Hey
Every time I call in or go in for service at BMW Parkview, they give me SUCH a difficult time. Its just simple maintenance which should be covered under warranty.........I drive a 2010 E92 M3..
They always take foreverrr to "check" if its even eligible for service.
I thought everything (well most things), were covered for up to 4 years. Do I have something mistaken with this warranty? something as simple as oil?
My mother goes in even without an appointment and has no issues with similar service requests. she drives a 2007 E90 323i.

On a side note, the black plastic cover that covers the child safety thing in the backseat of my E92 broke off. Is that covered under warranty?

With regards to service/warranty.
Am I missing something here?
Is this common, have you guys experienced the same?
What should I do?

I dont really want to stop going there since I live literally like 3 minutes away. So convenience is key.

Thanks
Ive been going there for a year and they have been great. I was about 4 mins getting oil topped up. If you are polite (im guessing you arent) and friendly they treat you like gold. I always try and make myself known. Really helps.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
chenx15
Lieutenant
15
Rep
546
Posts

Drives: 335i/accord
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: yyz

iTrader: (1)

i always have an amazing experience in parkview. nothing but the best.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
JediNite90
Private
Canada
0
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

I was just at Parkview last week for a problem with passenger door lock (booked an appointment) and not only did they fix the problem they did an oil change (it was due soon anyways), HPFP warranty recall and replaced the battery on my one key fob....heck they even hooked my up with a courtesy car for the day. I have nothing but praise for Parkview.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
swifty
Major
32
Rep
1,404
Posts

Drives: FO M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (5)

i've only been their once but great experience. Are you going in for an oil change based on kms or because it is due? As far as broken stuff, most dealerships will fix it. I broke my cupholder and bmw mississauga took care of it for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
2kaccordocoupe
Colonel
2kaccordocoupe's Avatar
Canada
31
Rep
2,724
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i E92 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GTA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNite90 View Post
I was just at Parkview last week for a problem with passenger door lock (booked an appointment) and not only did they fix the problem they did an oil change (it was due soon anyways), HPFP warranty recall and replaced the battery on my one key fob....heck they even hooked my up with a courtesy car for the day. I have nothing but praise for Parkview.
+1
__________________
2009 335i E92 Coupe
Manual/Navigation/Executive/Audiophile/Sport/19s
Alpine White/Coral Red Dakota
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
Universal_Magnetic
Captain
Universal_Magnetic's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
835
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, On

iTrader: (3)

parkview is the best. never a hassle for mods, always get courtesy car for warranty work (other than oil changes). all the SA's ive dealt with are great.
__________________
BMS E92 335xi | PROcede | K&N | KW | VMR | LUX | Bastuck |
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
DimSum
Banned
Canada
65
Rep
2,743
Posts

Drives: SLOW
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LITTLEBIMMER.COM

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNite90 View Post
I was just at Parkview last week for a problem with passenger door lock (booked an appointment) and not only did they fix the problem they did an oil change (it was due soon anyways), HPFP warranty recall and replaced the battery on my one key fob....heck they even hooked my up with a courtesy car for the day. I have nothing but praise for Parkview.
Such good service, I have not heard this about any dealer in awhile....
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 01:50 AM   #12
isimokov
Private
0
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 2007 E90 328i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

When I bought my car this summer I wanted to go for a 55 point ispection. The service guy at Parkview plugged in my key printed out all the work that was done and told me that I have nothign to worry about until 2012. No charge.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #13
mabman
New Member
Canada
3
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

both my visits with Parkview for service were great - the SA treated me like gold and did everything I asked. Nothing but praise and I even wrote the service manager to inform him of such.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #14
Mikester
New Member
Mikester's Avatar
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I live 2 minutes away from Autohaus, but always go to Parkview.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
BavFan_08
Dreamer
BavFan_08's Avatar
Canada
11
Rep
829
Posts

Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

iTrader: (2)

I live 15 mins away from Marinello but I refuse to go there.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #16
DESI4life10
Banned
DESI4life10's Avatar
Canada
49
Rep
3,365
Posts

Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (18)

Wow, all dealers in the north and east part of Toronto sound like bad dealerships.

The west end is totally different with BMW Mississauga and Budds BMW. Good reviews from them.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #17
Andy M
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
31
Rep
1,207
Posts


Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Wow, all dealers in the north and east part of Toronto sound like bad dealerships.

The west end is totally different with BMW Mississauga and Budds BMW. Good reviews from them.
+1, I've heard good things about Budds too. Even got a referral to them from BMW Toronto for Dinan.

Btw, BMW Toronto has nothing but great service too. They've even pulled some strings for me to get me around the red tape when it comes to warranty services just so I'm not stuck waiting while the paperwork is all getting done.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #18
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
43
Rep
3,607
Posts

Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
+1, I've heard good things about Budds too. Even got a referral to them from BMW Toronto for Dinan.

Btw, BMW Toronto has nothing but great service too. They've even pulled some strings for me to get me around the red tape when it comes to warranty services just so I'm not stuck waiting while the paperwork is all getting done.
Parkview and Toronto are both owned by the Quinns.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
tirana
Lieutenant
Canada
6
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: E90 335i 6MT MS + F25 35i AT
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Was at Parkview today with my wives car as the service light had illuminated. It's low mileage and the check suggested it wasn't due for a service but they changed the oil and suggested I pop back in March for the air filter, etc. as well as the software update for the N54. Was in and out in 20 mins and that included a carwash.

Never had a problem with Parkview service.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #20
farbmw
Brigadier General
farbmw's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
94
Rep
4,064
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNite90 View Post
I was just at Parkview last week for a problem with passenger door lock (booked an appointment) and not only did they fix the problem they did an oil change (it was due soon anyways), HPFP warranty recall and replaced the battery on my one key fob....heck they even hooked my up with a courtesy car for the day. I have nothing but praise for Parkview.
There's a Canadian recall on the HPFP?

When I went in for service 2 weeks ago they told me the only recall was on the software for the HPFP.
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is and M4

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #21
joleel7
Private First Class
Canada
2
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2014 F30 328i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
There's a Canadian recall on the HPFP?

When I went in for service 2 weeks ago they told me the only recall was on the software for the HPFP.
I took my car into T&C for HPFP issue they first updated the software (worst) after 2 week they replace the part. The SA show me the computer the screen the recall for only 2 models NOT all 335i
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #22
farbmw
Brigadier General
farbmw's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
94
Rep
4,064
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleel7 View Post
I took my car into T&C for HPFP issue they first updated the software (worst) after 2 week they replace the part. The SA show me the computer the screen the recall for only 2 models NOT all 335i
Hmmm do you have the part number of the pump?
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is and M4

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST