E90Post
 


Carlab
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Post your 2011 Lease Deal



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-26-2010, 10:07 AM   #23
GreenThree
Colonel
GreenThree's Avatar
53
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianBMW99 View Post
Not entirely true. In most cases yes; but not in all. One reason is putting money down on a lease is money that is always lost forever. If you wreck the vehicle, you are not getting a single dollar back of that down payment. If you spread the down payment money over the term of the lease, then you would have consumed that amount proportionally over the months that you had the vehicle before you wrecked it. A general rule that I follow is to never put down over 2-3K for a lease just to stay on the safe side. That amount should reduce your payment by about 100 bucks which in my case was very favorable. Different approaches for different people...


For every $1000 you put down, your monthly payment will be reduced by about $30.
__________________

2013 328i Xdrive | AT | Glacier Silver | Black Leatherette | Htd Seats | Moonroof
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #24
335iMIAMI
Major
335iMIAMI's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,340
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post


For every $1000 you put down, your monthly payment will be reduced by about $30.

It's money thrown away IMO. It's not your car , and when you turn it in you don't get your money back. My uncle has been in the business for 25 plus years , all dealers but one he has worked at have been high end. But again it's my opinion don't take my word for it.
__________________
''Whenever I'm suffering from insomia , I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off'' - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #25
GreenThree
Colonel
GreenThree's Avatar
53
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post
It's money thrown away IMO. It's not your car , and when you turn it in you don't get your money back. My uncle has been in the business for 25 plus years , all dealers but one he has worked at have been high end. But again it's my opinion don't take my word for it.
Agree - Putting alot of money down on a lease doesnt make sense because you dont have any equity in the car. But if you are focused on keeping your monthly payments down, thats a way to do it. Each person has their own circumstances and goals. To each their own. This has been discussed and debated many times on the forum - so lets stay on topic with 2011 lease deals
__________________

2013 328i Xdrive | AT | Glacier Silver | Black Leatherette | Htd Seats | Moonroof
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #26
335iMIAMI
Major
335iMIAMI's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,340
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
Agree - Putting alot of money down on a lease doesnt make sense because you dont have any equity in the car. But if you are focused on keeping your monthly payments down, thats a way to do it. Each person has their own circumstances and goals. To each their own. This has been discussed and debated many times on the forum - so lets stay on topic with 2011 lease deals

Yes I'm sorry I was going to say I want to stay on topic. More lease deals for 2011!!
__________________
''Whenever I'm suffering from insomia , I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off'' - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #27
ChOy BoY
Lieutenant
ChOy BoY's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (4)

2011 335i xDrive Coupe - MSRP - $54,500

Premium Package
Navigation Package
M Sport Package
Harmon Kardon Sound
iPod Adapter
Comfort Access

3 years/12k; taxes + fees up front + 7 MSD's.

$4,800 in SD's, about $3,000 in taxes, fees, first month, first MSD..used my $1,000 ultimate drive event credit also; so about $7k came out of pocket.

$554/month

63% residual, .00210 base money factor
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #28
GreenThree
Colonel
GreenThree's Avatar
53
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChOy BoY View Post
2011 335i xDrive Coupe - MSRP - $54,500

Premium Package
Navigation Package
M Sport Package
Harmon Kardon Sound
iPod Adapter
Comfort Access

3 years/12k; taxes + fees up front + 7 MSD's.

$4,800 in SD's, about $3,000 in taxes, fees, first month, first MSD..used my $1,000 ultimate drive event credit also; so about $7k came out of pocket.

$554/month

63% residual, .00210 base money factor
Nice car. What was the selling price?
__________________

2013 328i Xdrive | AT | Glacier Silver | Black Leatherette | Htd Seats | Moonroof
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #29
cgpublic
Lieutenant
cgpublic's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
487
Posts

Drives: 2015 A3 2.0T Quattro
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn to Bronxville

iTrader: (0)

FTW

A local BMW dealer is offering a 2011 E92 328xi 36 month/10K lease for $415 per month with $1500 down (tax & tags extra).

I've got my eye on the 2011 E90 335xi with $1840 AWD Options credit combined with the $1500 Holiday credit.

The word is I can bring down the selling price a couple of grand on top of the credits if I sign by Friday. Plus $350 waiver. Plus loyalty credit for under mileage. Plus BMWCCA discount on top of that.

On the other hand, wrapped up my lease inspection last week and don't owe a dime. May re-up the lease for another 12 months at a lower monthly and drive off with an F30.

Keep you posted.
__________________
Present: Audi A3 2.0T Quattro | Scuba Blue
Past: 2011 E90 335 xDrive (March Build) | Deep Sea Blue | Saddle Brown | Brushed Aluminum
Packages & Options: Premium | Sport | Cold Weather | BMW Apps, iDrive & iPod

Past: 2008 E90 328xi | Montego Blue | Dakota Black | Brushed Aluminum
Packages & Options: Premium | Sport | Xenon | CA | Heated Seats | iPod
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #30
ChOy BoY
Lieutenant
ChOy BoY's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
Nice car. What was the selling price?
Sell price of the car was $49,685. This was also before they hiked up the price of the car, right now the MSRP of the car is $1,000 more than when I got mine too
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #31
brandon11130
Private First Class
1
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
For those who are looking to lease, I bought a one year old 335 with ~3,000 miles on odometer and my loan is $600 a month, just information for you thoughts....

what term?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #32
GreenThree
Colonel
GreenThree's Avatar
53
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpublic View Post
A local BMW dealer is offering a 2011 E92 328xi 36 month/10K lease for $415 per month with $1500 down (tax & tags extra).

I've got my eye on the 2011 E90 335xi with $1840 AWD Options credit combined with the $1500 Holiday credit.

Keep you posted.
Nice What are the selling prices on those two cars? In my experience, added fees can be a killer (bank fee, documentation fee, registration fees, etc.) $1,500 down sounds pretty good - but what's in the fine print / added to the $1,500?!

When I was shopping for my car, one dealer told me on top of my down payment of $2,000, their fees would bring the required up-front payment to $4,600 I walked away from the deal.
__________________

2013 328i Xdrive | AT | Glacier Silver | Black Leatherette | Htd Seats | Moonroof
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #33
GreenThree
Colonel
GreenThree's Avatar
53
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChOy BoY View Post
Sell price of the car was $49,685. This was also before they hiked up the price of the car, right now the MSRP of the car is $1,000 more than when I got mine too
Thats alot down on a lease IMO, but to each their own 5.04% is a relatively high borrowing rate. (BMW Dec. Lease Money Factors should be .0012 or about 2.88% on 36 month leases.)

Does $554 include state tax? The numbers on this deal come out to about $472 per month + state tax.
__________________

2013 328i Xdrive | AT | Glacier Silver | Black Leatherette | Htd Seats | Moonroof
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #34
thechocolate6MT
Private First Class
thechocolate6MT's Avatar
1
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: e92 335i Alpine 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

2011 335i Coupe

6MT
M-Sport
Technology
Heated Seats
iPod/SAT/USB

MSRP: ~53,000

$630/month 3k down including first month payment
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #35
ChOy BoY
Lieutenant
ChOy BoY's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
Thats alot down on a lease IMO, but to each their own 5.04% is a relatively high borrowing rate. (BMW Dec. Lease Money Factors should be .0012 or about 2.88% on 36 month leases.)

Does $554 include state tax? The numbers on this deal come out to about $472 per month + state tax.
The multiple security deposits are all refundable($4,800), my only out of pocket costs were $2,700 at signing.

$554 did not include state tax; that was given up front. If I didn't do MSD's my payments would've been $595

And where do you get a .00120 money factor? The MF on the 335i xdrive E92 this month is

36-month | 15k miles | residual 58% | .00185 base money factor

Your E90 328i xDrive sedan is .00120

Last edited by ChOy BoY; 12-27-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #36
GreenThree
Colonel
GreenThree's Avatar
53
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechocolate6MT View Post
2011 335i Coupe

6MT
M-Sport
Technology
Heated Seats
iPod/SAT/USB

MSRP: ~53,000

$630/month 3k down including first month payment
Thanks

Sale price
Money factor
residual
term
miles allowed per year

?
__________________

2013 328i Xdrive | AT | Glacier Silver | Black Leatherette | Htd Seats | Moonroof
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #37
GreenThree
Colonel
GreenThree's Avatar
53
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChOy BoY View Post
The multiple security deposits are all refundable($4,800), my only out of pocket costs were $2,700 at signing.

$554 did not include state tax; that was given up front. If I didn't do MSD's my payments would've been $595

And where do you get a .00120 money factor? The MF on the 335i xdrive E92 this month is

36-month | 15k miles | residual 58% | .00185 base money factor

Your E90 328i xDrive sedan is .00120
Hey there. In my experience, tax is always due on your monthly installments. Usually there is tax due at signing as well. But maybe there are different ways to do this - not sure. The $4,800 is refundable. In 3 years. Thats still outflow right now, no?

You are correct about my MF versus yours. My mistake.

Hope you are enjoying your ride man
__________________

2013 328i Xdrive | AT | Glacier Silver | Black Leatherette | Htd Seats | Moonroof
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #38
ChOy BoY
Lieutenant
ChOy BoY's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
Hey there. In my experience, tax is always due on your monthly installments. Usually there is tax due at signing as well. But maybe there are different ways to do this - not sure. The $4,800 is refundable. In 3 years. Thats still outflow right now, no?

You are correct about my MF versus yours. My mistake.

Hope you are enjoying your ride man
I love my ride thanks! It's my first. But anyway no there's only sales tax on the car once, they can't really charge it twice. A more exact # of my sales tax was $1770.80, which I paid up front and not in my payments..because I just like paying tax up front to not pay interest on it as well.

It's usually either rolled in your payments or due up front.

And yes the $4,800 is all refundable..but MSD's make sense to do if you have the liquid cash to do it. By paying that $4,800 it saved me $40/month on my payments..which is $1460 over 3 years. Where else are you getting $1,460 back for investing $4,800? Might as well put it in BMW instead of my saving account getting < 1% interest.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #39
OnlyTruth
Lieutenant
OnlyTruth's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
531
Posts

Drives: 2011 535 iX
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiedds View Post
More details? you can have a low payment...but did you put a down payment?
I paid like $2000 on credit card to cover the tax the rest is loan %3.99 60 Mo
Purchase price was low 30's:2008 335i Premium, heated seats, auto.
If you shop around you can find a nice deal but you have to jump on it.
__________________

2011 535 iX lemoned
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #40
gtabmwdriver2011
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

Reading about the deals Americans get makes me sad/jealous. I just leased a Canadian 328i xDrive with metallic paint, premium package (alarm, leather, heated steering wheel, power folding outside mirrors), premium sound package (Harmon Kardon), sport package (sport steering wheel, 17" staggered wheels, sport seats, anthracite headliner) and executive package (comfort access, lumbar support, park distance control, HomeLink garage opener). MSRP on this setup was $55,195 including delivery charges but not including taxes. I managed to negotiate a cap cost of $48,750 (about $6500 below MSRP). Residual here on a 4 year lease is 42% of the MSRP, or $23386 in my case. Interest rate on the lease is 2.9%. Total monthly payment comes to approx $635 before taxes (we are taxed at 13% here in Ontario!). I put nothing down other than fees for license plates and fuel and a couple of minor administrative charges (all this amounted to a couple hundred dollars).

Hopefully this will help a fellow Canuck reading this forum.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #41
GreenThree
Colonel
GreenThree's Avatar
53
Rep
2,070
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

^ Reading these stories makes me feel fortunate! Well done on the negotiated price, and thanks for posting your deal
__________________

2013 328i Xdrive | AT | Glacier Silver | Black Leatherette | Htd Seats | Moonroof
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #42
ChOy BoY
Lieutenant
ChOy BoY's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabmwdriver2011 View Post
Reading about the deals Americans get makes me sad/jealous. I just leased a Canadian 328i xDrive with metallic paint, premium package (alarm, leather, heated steering wheel, power folding outside mirrors), premium sound package (Harmon Kardon), sport package (sport steering wheel, 17" staggered wheels, sport seats, anthracite headliner) and executive package (comfort access, lumbar support, park distance control, HomeLink garage opener). MSRP on this setup was $55,195 including delivery charges but not including taxes. I managed to negotiate a cap cost of $48,750 (about $6500 below MSRP). Residual here on a 4 year lease is 42% of the MSRP, or $23386 in my case. Interest rate on the lease is 2.9%. Total monthly payment comes to approx $635 before taxes (we are taxed at 13% here in Ontario!). I put nothing down other than fees for license plates and fuel and a couple of minor administrative charges (all this amounted to a couple hundred dollars).

Hopefully this will help a fellow Canuck reading this forum.
at that point it's worth it to get it here in the US!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 03:13 AM   #43
reddemon73
Major
reddemon73's Avatar
19
Rep
1,137
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 435
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Here is my figure:
2011 335i coupe MSRP $55,755, cap reduction including all incentives is $49,995
MF .00170 15k/year for 36 months
Lease is $641+tax
Due at signing is ~$1200 including first month payment

good deal????
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #44
gtabmwdriver2011
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChOy BoY View Post
at that point it's worth it to get it here in the US!
I gave that option serious thought. But there were several drawbacks. First of all, I wanted to lease, not buy, and that would not be possible for me if I did the deal in the USA. Secondly, all warranty service would involve me driving the car across the border to an American BMW dealership. Thirdly, the savings were not as great as they initially appeared to be, as there were some fees involved in importing the car.

But overall, it would appear that in Canada, we get a fully loaded 328i for about the price of a 335i in the states.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST