E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Data Logs



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2014, 02:46 AM   #1
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
814
Posts


Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Data Logs

Just short note as I don't want to distract from the logs.... I thought I would share with everyone that has been waiting on a Multi-Gear Data Log. Finally stopped raining long enough for the roads to dry off.

'07 FBO E92 Sport 335i - Fuel = E60 w/92 Octane, AFE Stage II Pro, ER CP, Forge DVs, HPF 7" FMIC, FFTEC 455 inline booster pump, Stock Cat Back, Stock Turbo, Aquamist HFS4 x2 1mm 100% Meth

This map has a high torque request but only 10 deg of timing. Torque is hitting 840nm and holds until shift. I would estimate this to be around 500 wtq. If time permits, I'll try to get back to dyno in the next few weeks to see where we stand with power gains with the R&D we have done.

Density Altitude: -69 feet, Temp 53f, Humidity 93%, Elevation 197 feet, pressure 29.99 in

I forgot to turn off Traction on log 1. Nice little timing drop in third gear as my tires started to let loose.

Look, 20 PSI in 5th gear....

Log 1 DataZap

Log 2 DataZap

Log 3 DataZap

__________________
COBB Advanced Tuning - BQ Tuning by Wedge/// Performance
Stock Turbo World Record - 484.15 RWHP 578.54 RWTQ
335xi World Record Quarter Mile - 11.363 @ 122.66

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:27 AM   #2
OB
First Lieutenant
Sweden
6
Rep
379
Posts

Drives: 335i E91 fbo e50
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance
Just short note as I don't want to distract from the logs.... I thought I would share with everyone that has been waiting on a Multi-Gear Data Log. Finally stopped raining long enough for the roads to dry off.

'07 FBO E92 Sport 335i - Fuel = E60 w/92 Octane, AFE Stage II Pro, ER CP, Forge DVs, HPF 7" FMIC, FFTEC 455 inline booster pump, Stock Cat Back, Stock Turbo, Aquamist HFS4 x2 1mm 100% Meth

This map has a high torque request but only 10 deg of timing. Torque is hitting 840nm and holds until shift. I would estimate this to be around 500 wtq. If time permits, I'll try to get back to dyno in the next few weeks to see where we stand with power gains with the R&D we have done.

Density Altitude: -69 feet, Temp 53f, Humidity 93%, Elevation 197 feet, pressure 29.99 in

I forgot to turn off Traction on log 1. Nice little timing drop in third gear as my tires started to let loose.

Look, 20 PSI in 5th gear....

Log 1 DataZap

Log 2 DataZap

Log 3 DataZap

Thanks Ken, you delivered nicely

Will PM you a question regarding your tune in relation to the torque safety problems when not being able to run the alpina flash.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:44 AM   #3
BuraQ
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BuraQ's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
3,302
Posts


Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [3.09]
N54B30TO Cars

The 335is will be the model for all N54B30TO cars ie the 1M, 335is, and Z435is DCT or MT versions. There are two maps based on the customer's mods if they are running stock LPFP or upgraded LPFP. Please visit www.fuel-it.biz for upgraded N54 fuel pump options. I highly recommend going with a NEW Stage 2 pump on the N54B30TO its the best investment you can make for you car.

The following is based on stock turbos

Model Car: BMW 2011 335is w/DCT , weight 3600 lbs, driver weight 250 lbs
Mods: aFe Stage 2 Elite SI (Custom Vacuum Sealed), cPe Downpipes w/HighFlow 200 cell Cats, Dinan FMIC, Dinan Free Flow Exhaust,

Map 1 (E50) called BeastMode
400+ whp / 500+ wtq
20 PSI top tappering to 17 PSI @ 6k RPMS
Track Tested 120+ mph in the 1/4 mile (no weight reduction, street trim)
FBO Required
Stock Pump or Upgrade LPFP Pump (recommended)

http://datazap.me/u/buraq/v475?log=1...-5-13-14-17-19


Map 2 (E60) called Godzilla (Beta)
No dyno confirmation yet of power, but we calculated based on DME report will be pushing 430+ whp / 530+ wtq.
20 PSI top tappering to 18 PSI @ 6k+ RPMS
Wish List Trap speed in the 1/4 mile 122+
FBO Required
Stage 2 Upgraded LPFP required or equivalent

Note: This is a beta map currently under development, some timing corrections still being worked on for a new timing table format. This was based on Map 1, and can be down graded to Map 1 by modifying only two cells in ATR. However this will be an additional map for all N54B30TO cars

http://datazap.me/u/buraq/alpha-v5?log=2&data=2-5-14


Im too tired atm moment to post pics of datazap...need sleep
__________________
BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos/Full Weight/No Meth/Catted/E60


Last edited by BuraQ; 10-24-2014 at 03:51 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
bokyo1987
Asleep
bokyo1987's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Augusta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Great stuff, gentlemen! Can I volunteer to run map 2? Lol
__________________

2008 135i... bolt-ons, Dzenno e85 tune
2004 Mazda6 Sport Wagon... DD
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #5
Msport335
Lieutenant
Msport335's Avatar
Canada
7
Rep
402
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i m-sport e90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington

iTrader: (0)

Any log updates from a IJEOS 6AT car?
__________________
E90 LCI M-sport/ 6AT/ BMS dp's/ BMS dci/ VRSF 7" FMIC/ ER CP/ RB pcv/walbro 255 inline/ PTF tuned/ Alpina flash
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
814
Posts


Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msport335 View Post
Any log updates from a IJEOS 6AT car?
Unfortunately things haven't slowed down enough for me to get the test car fixed as it's needing a new 02 sensor.

I sent you an email... Hopefully we'll have your car to post up some logs for the IJE0S 6AT.
__________________
COBB Advanced Tuning - BQ Tuning by Wedge/// Performance
Stock Turbo World Record - 484.15 RWHP 578.54 RWTQ
335xi World Record Quarter Mile - 11.363 @ 122.66

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #7
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
814
Posts


Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Please note the numbers quoted by @BuraQ are Mustang dyno numbers, not Dynojet. I'm not saying we have the stock turbo record but the numbers are impressive. It is not our primary goal to break the record, our goal is to provide usable power. Most big number dyno cars can not do multiple gear pulls and maintain the power. They normally have issues in higher gears with torque limits, throttle closer, and flat line timing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
The 335is will be the model for all N54B30TO cars ie the 1M, 335is, and Z435is DCT or MT versions. There are two maps based on the customer's mods if they are running stock LPFP or upgraded LPFP. Please visit www.fuel-it.biz for upgraded N54 fuel pump options. I highly recommend going with a NEW Stage 2 pump on the N54B30TO its the best investment you can make for you car.

The following is based on stock turbos

Model Car: BMW 2011 335is w/DCT , weight 3600 lbs, driver weight 250 lbs
Mods: aFe Stage 2 Elite SI (Custom Vacuum Sealed), cPe Downpipes w/HighFlow 200 cell Cats, Dinan FMIC, Dinan Free Flow Exhaust,

Map 1 (E50) called BeastMode
400+ whp / 500+ wtq
20 PSI top tappering to 17 PSI @ 6k RPMS
Track Tested 120+ mph in the 1/4 mile (no weight reduction, street trim)
FBO Required
Stock Pump or Upgrade LPFP Pump (recommended)

http://datazap.me/u/buraq/v475?log=1...-5-13-14-17-19


Map 2 (E60) called Godzilla (Beta)
No dyno confirmation yet of power, but we calculated based on DME report will be pushing 430+ whp / 530+ wtq.
20 PSI top tappering to 18 PSI @ 6k+ RPMS
Wish List Trap speed in the 1/4 mile 122+
FBO Required
Stage 2 Upgraded LPFP required or equivalent

Note: This is a beta map currently under development, some timing corrections still being worked on for a new timing table format. This was based on Map 1, and can be down graded to Map 1 by modifying only two cells in ATR. However this will be an additional map for all N54B30TO cars

http://datazap.me/u/buraq/alpha-v5?log=2&data=2-5-14


Im too tired atm moment to post pics of datazap...need sleep
__________________
COBB Advanced Tuning - BQ Tuning by Wedge/// Performance
Stock Turbo World Record - 484.15 RWHP 578.54 RWTQ
335xi World Record Quarter Mile - 11.363 @ 122.66

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #8
Msport335
Lieutenant
Msport335's Avatar
Canada
7
Rep
402
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i m-sport e90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington

iTrader: (0)

email sent
__________________
E90 LCI M-sport/ 6AT/ BMS dp's/ BMS dci/ VRSF 7" FMIC/ ER CP/ RB pcv/walbro 255 inline/ PTF tuned/ Alpina flash
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #9
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
814
Posts


Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyo1987 View Post
Great stuff, gentlemen! Can I volunteer to run map 2? Lol
Man I wish I had time to go play some golf in Augusta. Hit me up via email. WedgePerformance@gmail.com
__________________
COBB Advanced Tuning - BQ Tuning by Wedge/// Performance
Stock Turbo World Record - 484.15 RWHP 578.54 RWTQ
335xi World Record Quarter Mile - 11.363 @ 122.66

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
205
Rep
10,017
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (8)

You guys should use a Dynojet to make it easier for new guys to compare power versus other tunes.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #11
bokyo1987
Asleep
bokyo1987's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Augusta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyo1987 View Post
Great stuff, gentlemen! Can I volunteer to run map 2? Lol
Man I wish I had time to go play some golf in Augusta. Hit me up via email. WedgePerformance@gmail.com
What's up, Ken? This is Bryan C. by the way. The dude who couldn't figure out where his ATR folder was lol.
__________________

2008 135i... bolt-ons, Dzenno e85 tune
2004 Mazda6 Sport Wagon... DD
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #12
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
814
Posts


Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyo1987 View Post
What's up, Ken? This is Bryan C. by the way. The dude who couldn't figure out where his ATR folder was lol.

You're not alone...
__________________
COBB Advanced Tuning - BQ Tuning by Wedge/// Performance
Stock Turbo World Record - 484.15 RWHP 578.54 RWTQ
335xi World Record Quarter Mile - 11.363 @ 122.66

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #13
bokyo1987
Asleep
bokyo1987's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Augusta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post
You're not alone...
That's reassuring . Email sent.
__________________

2008 135i... bolt-ons, Dzenno e85 tune
2004 Mazda6 Sport Wagon... DD
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #14
Zombie1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
27
Rep
1,890
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i 2010
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Island long

iTrader: (4)

so this is most likely a stupid question, can you guys add the overboost function to non IS cars? that be wicked kool! Also hypothetically could I take a N54is ECU and use it on my car say if my ecu got fried? JW obvioulsy i would not go out of my way to spend that kind of money for overboost function.
__________________
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -MichelinPSS -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -Koni yellows/Swift spec R springs
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #15
marsflis
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: 11 335is
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SFL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
The 335is will be the model for all N54B30TO cars ie the 1M, 335is, and Z435is DCT or MT versions. There are two maps based on the customer's mods if they are running stock LPFP or upgraded LPFP. Please visit www.fuel-it.biz for upgraded N54 fuel pump options. I highly recommend going with a NEW Stage 2 pump on the N54B30TO its the best investment you can make for you car.

The following is based on stock turbos

Model Car: BMW 2011 335is w/DCT , weight 3600 lbs, driver weight 250 lbs
Mods: aFe Stage 2 Elite SI (Custom Vacuum Sealed), cPe Downpipes w/HighFlow 200 cell Cats, Dinan FMIC, Dinan Free Flow Exhaust,

Map 1 (E50) called BeastMode
400+ whp / 500+ wtq
20 PSI top tappering to 17 PSI @ 6k RPMS
Track Tested 120+ mph in the 1/4 mile (no weight reduction, street trim)
FBO Required
Stock Pump or Upgrade LPFP Pump (recommended)

http://datazap.me/u/buraq/v475?log=1...-5-13-14-17-19


Map 2 (E60) called Godzilla (Beta)
No dyno confirmation yet of power, but we calculated based on DME report will be pushing 430+ whp / 530+ wtq.
20 PSI top tappering to 18 PSI @ 6k+ RPMS
Wish List Trap speed in the 1/4 mile 122+
FBO Required
Stage 2 Upgraded LPFP required or equivalent

Note: This is a beta map currently under development, some timing corrections still being worked on for a new timing table format. This was based on Map 1, and can be down graded to Map 1 by modifying only two cells in ATR. However this will be an additional map for all N54B30TO cars

http://datazap.me/u/buraq/alpha-v5?log=2&data=2-5-14


Im too tired atm moment to post pics of datazap...need sleep
This is gonna be sweet, just ordered all bolt on's and cobb for the car last night
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #16
jazze90
Captain
No_Country
6
Rep
672
Posts

Drives: '07 335i, '09 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Thornhill

iTrader: (0)

I am not clear what you are showing us here. We know that manual cars never had issues with post shift timing drops especially when running meth. My car is running Aquamist and pump gas and the logs have always been clean without problems.

The other point is I have also played with ATR and have gained a lot of valuable knowledge on how things work. Its really not that hard once you get into it. Having said that I see you misunderstood at least one of the tables for toque limits just like I did when I was playing around with it. Your torque in the logs can be scaled to make it read whatever you want in the logs from 400 to 840Nm without doing anything to actually drop or increase performance.

I played jokes with my buddies actually asking them to hold the AP when I do a pull and watch Torque on it. Then I would switch the map over with just that table changed and do a pull and they would be puzzled what happened, more torque on AP, same exact power!

Alas, IJE0S automatics are the only ones prone to chronic post shift issues. Terry worked on it a lot trying many different strategies and nothing solved it entirely in the end. It would work on one car, maybe and sometimes one day, then back to having issues again. Such is life of an automatic IJE0Ser hah!

Last edited by jazze90; 10-24-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #17
BuraQ
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BuraQ's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
3,302
Posts


Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [3.09]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post

Map 2 (E60) called Godzilla (Beta)
No dyno confirmation yet of power, but we calculated based on DME report will be pushing 430+ whp / 530+ wtq.
20 PSI top tappering to 18 PSI @ 6k+ RPMS
Wish List Trap speed in the 1/4 mile 122+
FBO Required
Stage 2 Upgraded LPFP required or equivalent

Note: This is a beta map currently under development, some timing corrections still being worked on for a new timing table format. This was based on Map 1, and can be downgraded to Map 1 by modifying only two cells in ATR. However this will be an additional map for all N54B30TO cars

http://datazap.me/u/buraq/alpha-v5?log=2&data=2-5-14

Just got back from dyno in confirmation of another Mustang dyno run doen today in Wisconsin in better DA and temps

The Mustang dyno pull in Wisconsin rates by the crank before the wheels. So in order to get whp / wtq numbers you would have to subtract 15% from the crank numbers



So I made way for my local dyno shop called PRO's, a COBB licensed PROTuner for Subarus and GTRs that uses also a Mustang dyno but at default settings. This run was dialed for Dynojet equivalent numbers per my request



Datalog of the run in 4th gear

http://datazap.me/u/buraq/alpha6b-dy...9&zoom=363-432

Keep in mind I am in Florida, this was the following weather conditions, and the car is BASIC FBO ie I still have four catts on the car as opposed to the sister car in Wisconsin with cattless downpipes and in negative DA @ 55 temps. AT 554 wtq the DCT still holding and I think this is a torque record for the 335is with DCT.

Shop Weather in Florida:

DA 1712
Temps 80f

Note: The sister tuned car in Wisconsin is running straight timing in the top end, and my car, the 335is, is running looped timing with the load
__________________
BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos/Full Weight/No Meth/Catted/E60


Last edited by BuraQ; 10-24-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #18
Myrder
Major
Myrder's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,064
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: WildWest

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazze90 View Post
I am not clear what you are showing us here. We know that manual cars never had issues with post shift timing drops especially when running meth. My car is running Aquamist and pump gas and the logs have always been clean without problems.

The other point is I have also played with ATR and have gained a lot of valuable knowledge on how things work. Its really not that hard once you get into it. Having said that I see you misunderstood at least one of the tables for toque limits just like I did when I was playing around with it. Your torque in the logs can be scaled to make it read whatever you want in the logs from 400 to 840Nm without doing anything to actually drop or increase performance.

I played jokes with my buddies actually asking them to hold the AP when I do a pull and watch Torque on it. Then I would switch the map over with just that table changed and do a pull and they would be puzzled what happened, more torque on AP, same exact power!

Alas, IJE0S automatics are the only ones prone to chronic post shift issues. Terry worked on it a lot trying many different strategies and nothing solved it entirely in the end. It would work on one car, maybe and sometimes one day, then back to having issues again. Such is life of an automatic IJE0Ser hah!
My car is a 10' manual non IS and I have post shift timing drops, not an auto only problem.
__________________
2010|335i|LMB|E92|6MT|MSport|Logic7|335is Clutch|AE Performance|BMS|Walbro|VRSF 7"|
1992|Pontiac Firebird|Mild 355ci|T56|
2001|Camaro Z28|T56|1/4: 12.9@111 (gone)
-I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #19
BuraQ
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BuraQ's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
3,302
Posts


Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [3.09]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
You guys should use a Dynojet to make it easier for new guys to compare power versus other tunes.
Thanks for the suggestion I did just that, and had the dyno dialed in for dynojet equivalent number
__________________
BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos/Full Weight/No Meth/Catted/E60

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #20
AWTT335i
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United states

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazze90 View Post
I am not clear what you are showing us here. We know that manual cars never had issues with post shift timing drops especially when running meth. My car is running Aquamist and pump gas and the logs have always been clean without problems.

The other point is I have also played with ATR and have gained a lot of valuable knowledge on how things work. Its really not that hard once you get into it. Having said that I see you misunderstood at least one of the tables for toque limits just like I did when I was playing around with it. Your torque in the logs can be scaled to make it read whatever you want in the logs from 400 to 840Nm without doing anything to actually drop or increase performance.

I played jokes with my buddies actually asking them to hold the AP when I do a pull and watch Torque on it. Then I would switch the map over with just that table changed and do a pull and they would be puzzled what happened, more torque on AP, same exact power!

Alas, IJE0S automatics are the only ones prone to chronic post shift issues. Terry worked on it a lot trying many different strategies and nothing solved it entirely in the end. It would work on one car, maybe and sometimes one day, then back to having issues again. Such is life of an automatic IJE0Ser hah!
My car is a 10' manual non IS and I have post shift timing drops, not an auto only problem.
Small drops are normal, but the autos flatline timing as in all cylinders go to zero advance or close to it and may or may not recover after an extended period of time.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #21
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
4
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (0)

So you guys have found that running just 10.5 degrees of advance is optimal even with E50+?
__________________
N54 + FBO + Mf.LSD + E85 =
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #22
BuraQ
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BuraQ's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
3,302
Posts


Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [3.09]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
So you guys have found that running just 10.5 degrees of advance is optimal even with E50+?
Every car is different, the car will tell you what is optimal or not at those calculated load levels per the fuel being used

There are two types of timing that we throw at the N54.

1) straight timing
2) looped timing

My car hates straight timing, its more in agreement with looped timing. However same tune on another IS can run straight 12 - 13 timing with no problems

It all depends on how the car talks to us, that is what we are going to follow.
__________________
BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos/Full Weight/No Meth/Catted/E60

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST