E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > eCharge Turbo Supercharger for all BMW



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #133
thatsosm
Miracle Whip
 
thatsosm's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90 AW335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 740
iTrader: (1)

What 1/4 mile numbers are you comparing your friends uberfast 328i, because Im sure as hell he isn't in the 13's. Maybe you are new to drag racing, but even a tenth of a second is a huge difference.
__________________
13.16@108.97 2.195 60'
thatsosm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #134
Dr. G
Brigadier General
 
Dr. G's Avatar
 
Drives: Black e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brampton, Ontario

Posts: 4,948
iTrader: (32)

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [4.35]
dtc100 you always seem to be the 0.01% arguing against the 99.99% in every thread, ever consider maybe you're just wrong?
__________________
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Dr. G is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #135
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
 
Dark_Knight_335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 10,150
iTrader: (26)

Earnienew is sittin back with a big ol' bag of Orville Redenbacher's right about now, as are quite a few people I'm sure.
Reading this thread is like watching some crazed dodo running at a brick wall over and over...and over...and over.....and...........



Last edited by Dark_Knight_335; 12-23-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Dark_Knight_335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #136
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexosma View Post
What 1/4 mile numbers are you comparing your friends uberfast 328i, because Im sure as hell he isn't in the 13's. Maybe you are new to drag racing, but even a tenth of a second is a huge difference.
There is a thread in here, a stock 328i guy did his K&N/carbon delete/air scoop mods, his 1/4 went from 99 mph to 110 mph, his buddies' stock 335i was at 119 mph.

Now if he drops 60 lbs at the wheels, that will equate to a 30 hp gain, it would not surprise me if his 328i can match his buddies' stock 335i.
dtc100 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #137
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
 
Dark_Knight_335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 10,150
iTrader: (26)

Attached Images
  
Dark_Knight_335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #138
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,523
iTrader: (0)

If you don't have anything better to say don't say it.

I am proving real evidence for those who are experts to discuss here, obviously you can't understand because you can't even feel comfortable with the presence of a PBX, so let the experts talk.
dtc100 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #139
micah_675
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 325i (US Spec)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Germany

Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
If you don't have anything better to say don't say it.

I am proving real evidence for those who are experts to discuss here, obviously you can't understand because you can't even feel comfortable with the presence of a PBX, so let the experts talk.
dude just give up...... Let it die.
micah_675 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #140
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_675 View Post
dude just give up...... Let it die.
What can't face the real evidence that proves a 328 can match a STOCK 335 with $2k mods?

If any of you self claimed experts have the balls to face the evidence I will have a little more respect for you.
dtc100 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #141
Das.Euro
Banned
 
Drives: 07 328XI- Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NNJ

Posts: 432
iTrader: (3)

There is no evidence until there are time slips posted . The testing he did with his friends don't mean shit , really testing is done at a drag strip not a road with visual markers n00b. I know exactll who your talking about and what thread it is. Also weight reduction doesn't produce power lol do I dunno where you got 30hp from ... Just like a lightened flywheel doesnt produce power or like weight reduction doesn't produce power ..

Last edited by Das.Euro; 12-23-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Das.Euro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #142
Das.Euro
Banned
 
Drives: 07 328XI- Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NNJ

Posts: 432
iTrader: (3)

This is his theory os testing which in no way is practical or real . Yiu ask any pro drag racer or even a novice about testing a car this way and they will laugh in your face . I have trCked cars before . Here is the info your going off of Dtc100 and this is the exact statement he put in his thread ...

And I could not be more astonished.

To everyone saying it is barely noticeable, i Am very sorry, but it really is.

Thing is, My old air filter was very dirty, so I had gotten used to the slugishness. Now, on the freeway, above 70mph, my car pulls like I have never felt before. It is absolutely noticeable, and is amazing.

Even the 0-60 has gotten way better... For example, there is a strip of straight road by my house, which is very flat, and has white checkered lines and yellow flashing lights at the end, and rarely any traffic. This is how my friends and I test our cars, to see the speeds we hit before the white line.

My car before :99 mph
My car after: 110 mph (HUGGEEEE DIFFERENCE)


For funsies:

335i: 119
e46 m3: 118
Camaro v6: 100
m5: 134
650i : 120
Chevy Malibu SS: 115
RSX: 80
camry hybrid: 81
Das.Euro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #143
Delta0311
Brigadier General
 
Delta0311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 3,613
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
There is a thread in here, a stock 328i guy did his K&N/carbon delete/air scoop mods, his 1/4 went from 99 mph to 110 mph, his buddies' stock 335i was at 119 mph.

Now if he drops 60 lbs at the wheels, that will equate to a 30 hp gain, it would not surprise me if his 328i can match his buddies' stock 335i.
My 328i is pretty quick at this point but I know I wouldn't be able to match a stock 335i E90. BTW dropping 50lbs only equals to about a 10hp gain.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92
Delta0311 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #144
MikeyComputers
Captain
 
MikeyComputers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i 6mt White/red
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Williston Park new york

Posts: 644
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBimmer1991 View Post
Im to lazy to read the back and forth argument so can someone tell me who is winning?
its accually quite funny nobody is reading one person corrected the other guy but what he said was contradicting to who he is backing up lol..

then again i think im lost toooo can't blame him if im right
MikeyComputers is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #145
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
My 328i is pretty quick at this point but I know I wouldn't be able to match a stock 335i E90. BTW dropping 50lbs only equals to about a 10hp gain.
Keep in mind we are talking dropping 60lbs AT THE WHEELS, which by conservative measure is the same as dropping 300 lbs, so how much hp gain is this you say?

As to Euro, you just proved my point, no one can prove anything to you, as soon as evidence is provided you will dismiss it. On another thread when people showed a race track test between a 335is and an S5 and the 335is won, the Audi people just dismissed it as the race driver did not know how to drive an AWD

Here I don't even care what you can do on a race track, we are not even interested in tracking. The fact is, he improved his 1/4 by 12 mph, now within 8 mph of his buddy in the 335i, and he had not considered lowering his weight at the wheels yet.

Those are facts, and we are interested in what regular folks can do to improve their cars, not on tracks, but for daily driving, so eat it Euro.

Last edited by dtc100; 12-23-2010 at 04:02 PM.
dtc100 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #146
Das.Euro
Banned
 
Drives: 07 328XI- Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NNJ

Posts: 432
iTrader: (3)

Wow , please go read the thread again .. That's not quarter mile times and you even posted it in the thread as well lol so what world or planet you live on? Google the website called dragtimes and that's facts for you dumbass . Those are real numbers and slips posted by drivers which also Show the mods they have on their cars . And what you just typed is all incorrect as well.. Go look in the thread n00b

Here is Dtc100s so called proof: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462518

Last edited by Das.Euro; 12-23-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Das.Euro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #147
thatsosm
Miracle Whip
 
thatsosm's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90 AW335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 740
iTrader: (1)

dtc do you think you're some genius and everyone here is a moron? There are thousands of people on this board that KNOW what they are talking about. You are just speculating. 1,000 posts on this board and still you dont know how things are done here. DYNO/DRAG SLIP or it never happened. End of story

Once again we are not interested in your hearsay.
__________________
13.16@108.97 2.195 60'
thatsosm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #148
Das.Euro
Banned
 
Drives: 07 328XI- Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NNJ

Posts: 432
iTrader: (3)

Thank you AlexOsma , by the way nice 1/4 time esp for a 60' time like that .
Das.Euro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #149
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das.Euro View Post
Thank you Alex
I measured the map, it was actually very close to a ¼ test, I proved it by taking into some correction factors. Initially folks said it could not be ¼ mile because the mph was too high, but after taking into consideration of the speedometer reading over compensations, they were in fact close to ¼ mile readings. I actually measured on the map to verify the distance was around ¼ miles, but that is not even the point.

Here is where you are clueless, it does not even have to do with what was the distance at all. Good drivers, bad drivers, good road, bad road, good car, bad car, as long as all conditions are equal, if a shitty driver drives the same car, on the same road, with the exact same testing methods, if he can gain 12 mph, for whatever miles you want to call it, it is because his car gained power to get him that extra 12 mph, period.

Nothing changed, except the intake mods for his 328. How much HP gain was from the intake mod? I know you want to say shit, others may say up to 20 hp, how about we go middle of the road, call it 10 hp?

The fact is, that 10 hp gained him 12 mph over whatever the distance they were testing. Maybe it was actually ½ mile, regardless. If by losing 60 lbs of weight at the wheels, basically dropping the weight of the car by 300 lbs, you don’t think he can pick up another 8 mph on the same stretch of the road to match the 335i he tested?
dtc100 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #150
micah_675
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 325i (US Spec)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Germany

Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
What can't face the real evidence that proves a 328 can match a STOCK 335 with $2k mods?

If any of you self claimed experts have the balls to face the evidence I will have a little more respect for you.
Are you saying you have brass balls because you stand up to conventional knowledge? Because I would say you have down syndrom because of that.......

The fact remains, 230hp plus the 10 you can get with the PBX, 20 you can get with the header and 5 you can get with the euro airbox = 265..... that is equal to a stock 330i. Now lets see here, 330i<335i so take your 2k and shove it. GTFO noob.

Oh and all of the above numbers have been PROVEN on a dino. They dont multiply when added together, and the PBX MIGHT help a header add MAYBE 2-3 extra on top of what it would gain without it.
micah_675 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #151
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah_675 View Post
Are you saying you have brass balls because you stand up to conventional knowledge? Because I would say you have down syndrom because of that.......

The fact remains, 230hp plus the 10 you can get with the PBX, 20 you can get with the header and 5 you can get with the euro airbox = 265..... that is equal to a stock 330i. Now lets see here, 330i<335i so take your 2k and shove it. GTFO noob.

Oh and all of the above numbers have been PROVEN on a dino. They dont multiply when added together, and the PBX MIGHT help a header add MAYBE 2-3 extra on top of what it would gain without it.
Why did you leave out the 300 lbs weight loss? What are you afraid of?
dtc100 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #152
Das.Euro
Banned
 
Drives: 07 328XI- Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NNJ

Posts: 432
iTrader: (3)

Roughly a 100lbs equals a tenth of a second shaved off
Das.Euro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #153
micah_675
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 325i (US Spec)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Germany

Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Why did you leave out the 300 lbs weight loss? What are you afraid of?
Oh im sorry your equiviant for that is 10 HP (stretching it)(and where the fuck did you get 300 lbs from? did you leave your fat ass wife at home?)(oh and one more thing, good lightweight rims cost more than 2k so eat it), so your grand total comes up to 275. Congratz 275 does not = 300 please go back to college and take a math class. Any questions?

Oh and btw craven didnt get his 20 HP with just a header, he also modified his entire exauhst. So unless your friend has all that, then your fail. TY and have a good night mr down syndrom.

oh btw this is you


Last edited by micah_675; 12-23-2010 at 05:48 PM.
micah_675 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #154
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das.Euro View Post
Roughly a 100lbs equals a tenth of a second shaved off
What about mph difference at the 100 mph range?
dtc100 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST