E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Audio system ID



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-15-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
Kiefermeister
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 138
iTrader: (4)

Audio system ID

Hi,
Have a used 09 335 with idrive, premium package. Trying to figure out if I have harmon kardon or base system. Sounds decent enough, but am I suppose to see harmon kardon emblems on the speaker grill like the e46s if I have the HK system? Thanks guys.
Kiefermeister is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
javaperson
Private
 
Drives: 2010 E90 328i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norcal

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

If you have the HK system, then the front door tweeters should have the Harman Kardon label on them. If you just have the door tweeters with no label, then you have the HiFi; if you don't have door tweeters then you have the base.
javaperson is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
Kiefermeister
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 138
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaperson View Post
If you have the HK system, then the front door tweeters should have the Harman Kardon label on them. If you just have the door tweeters with no label, then you have the HiFi; if you don't have door tweeters then you have the base.
Cool. Thanks! Exactly the info I wanted. Definitely have the tweeters. No logo. Just doesn't have the thump... was just curious what I had.
Kiefermeister is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #4
ctuna
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca

Posts: 4,167
iTrader: (0)

FYI

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...2&d=1266451970

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352586

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...2&d=1260829447
ctuna is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
renaultf1
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 e91 328xiT 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maine

Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaperson View Post
If you have the HK system, then the front door tweeters should have the Harman Kardon label on them. If you just have the door tweeters with no label, then you have the HiFi; if you don't have door tweeters then you have the base.
I don't think that is true - I'm pretty sure only 2011 cars (starting with September builds) have HK on the tweeters. Prior to that the upgraded system was simply known as Logic7 and there was no marking on the tweeters.
renaultf1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #6
CHCCubs
Lieutenant Colonel
 
CHCCubs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Posts: 1,733
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaultf1 View Post
I don't think that is true - I'm pretty sure only 2011 cars (starting with September builds) have HK on the tweeters. Prior to that the upgraded system was simply known as Logic7 and there was no marking on the tweeters.
That is true, I have the Logic 7 system in my 2009 328i and there are no special markings anywhere on the speaker grills.
__________________

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
CHCCubs is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,002
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefermeister View Post
Hi,
Have a used 09 335 with idrive, premium package. Trying to figure out if I have harmon kardon or base system. Sounds decent enough, but am I suppose to see harmon kardon emblems on the speaker grill like the e46s if I have the HK system? Thanks guys.
There's no "Harman Kardon"-branded OEM system in the 2009 335i. If there is a speaker in the top center of your dash then you have a Logic7/Top HiFi/Premium Sound system. If not then you have a HiFi system.
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
 
VP Electricity's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 XDrive
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: portland oregon

Posts: 3,177
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
There's no "Harman Kardon"-branded OEM system in the 2009 335i. If there is a speaker in the top center of your dash then you have a Logic7/Top HiFi/Premium Sound system. If not then you have a HiFi system.
If you have both rear deck AND rear door speakers...

If your head unit has a surround feature AND an EQ feature...

VP Electricity is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
Kiefermeister
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 138
iTrader: (4)

thamks for the info guys!
Kiefermeister is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST