E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Pronounced vibration...

12-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
topcat87
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F30

Pronounced vibration...

i know the e90 is a very solid chassis and you can feel everything but my car is only a year old with around 10k miles.. and~2k miles ago i started to feel much much more vibration throughout the whole car esp on the steering wheel and gear lever, and its in tune with the exhaust note.

i fitted the bastuck exhaust when the car was new (which was also a yr back)and everything was fine, i had the car lifted and checked all the rubber hangers and possibly contact with the undercarriage but everything checked out.
also the vibrations are much much worse with the a/c off this is driving me crazy.. any suggestions wat might b the cause
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i

Center support bearing? Are you runing manual or auto.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
5erman
Banned
Rep

Drives: black 5 series

If it is that much worse with the a/c off-to the point it is signfigant than likely it is something to do wiht the pulleys or belt drive system that a/c system. Normally vibration is worse with a/c on since it loads the engine and makes imbalance more pronounced-so being the opposite makes me think its something belt system itself
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 02:35 AM   #4
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5erman View Post
If it is that much worse with the a/c off-to the point it is signfigant than likely it is something to do wiht the pulleys or belt drive system that a/c system. Normally vibration is worse with a/c on since it loads the engine and makes imbalance more pronounced-so being the opposite makes me think its something belt system itself
Maybe a bad belt tensioner or pulley. Both of mine died at about 50k mi.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #5
topcat87
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
Center support bearing? Are you runing manual or auto.
auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5erman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
Maybe a bad belt tensioner or pulley. Both of mine died at about 50k mi.
thanks i'll have a mech check these out
Appreciate 0