E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > why you should avoid potholes. not just because we drive bmws.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
RideForeign
Private
0
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: May 2014
Location: ontario

iTrader: (0)

why you should avoid potholes. not just because we drive bmws.

So I hit a big pot hole on the skyway Niagara bound coming from Burlington on the 2nd furthest right lane and it was massive my whole car shook and I jumped off my seat because I was going 120-140 and this is what happen to my beautiful tire and m3 rim .

Now my argument with the city will begin soon and the purpose of this post is to stand up to whoever avoids pot holes and gets pulled over for " drunk driving " (myself included)

The police and city does not care obviously but I will post my progress with the city argument and why that pot hole on the highway (where all types of vehicles drive on) should be covered to avoid deaths and other damages.

I am tired of people calling BMWs asshole mobiles (excuse my language) but its kind of a big deal when a control arm costs 250$+ and because our hard earned tax dollars paying towards the city to pay for maintenance gets pocketed by the government.

Also if you guys have at anytime whatsoever dealt with something like this, could give me some input on what I should do.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 11:00 PM   #2
LaserPower
Private First Class
12
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: E90 330xi -> E90 N55
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Why should you drive over pot holes is the million dollar question lol~Whenever someone say BMW drivers are aholes I always smile and say f you too. Not a politian and don't need everyone on this planet to love me or approve how I drive. Sorry that was off the topic.

I believe the pot holes should be fixed asap too. But I also believe that the city here should stop sanding the bloody road in the winter and give people coupons to buy winter tires instead. Damn sand does nothing but destorying the windshield and front bumper paint. But too much power and profit got tangled in this so it is probably never possible to change lol~
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 11:10 PM   #3
Needbmwpartzz
Major
Needbmwpartzz's Avatar
64
Rep
1,331
Posts

Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kitchener/Waterloo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideForeign
So I hit a big pot hole on the skyway Niagara bound coming from Burlington on the 2nd furthest right lane and it was massive my whole car shook and I jumped off my seat because I was going 120-140 and this is what happen to my beautiful tire and m3 rim .

Now my argument with the city will begin soon and the purpose of this post is to stand up to whoever avoids pot holes and gets pulled over for " drunk driving " (myself included)

The police and city does not care obviously but I will post my progress with the city argument and why that pot hole on the highway (where all types of vehicles drive on) should be covered to avoid deaths and other damages.

I am tired of people calling BMWs asshole mobiles (excuse my language) but its kind of a big deal when a control arm costs 250$+ and because our hard earned tax dollars paying towards the city to pay for maintenance gets pocketed by the government.

Also if you guys have at anytime whatsoever dealt with something like this, could give me some input on what I should do.

Call the local papers,news stations and create a uproar by presenting facts and your situation.
Enough awareness and complaints will get the municipalities to cough up some dough....especially if yours or others safety is compromised.
Gotta be part of the solution to fix problems.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 01:23 AM   #4
altostratus
Private
altostratus's Avatar
3
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 09 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

My bent 20" BBS lip agrees with avoiding potholes

Last edited by altostratus; 02-28-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #5
batman_e92
Second Lieutenant
7
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Convertable
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ottawa, On

iTrader: (1)

Good luck ...take pics of the pot hole and your rim ...it will take time but they will fix it...you should probably get your shop to check the suspension and ask for an alignment
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 02:09 AM   #6
bighotdog
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_e92 View Post
Good luck ...take pics of the pot hole and your rim ...it will take time but they will fix it...you should probably get your shop to check the suspension and ask for an alignment
Good advice, please do this
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #7
paintballdude05
Private First Class
paintballdude05's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sudbury, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Here in Sudbury the city has a certain amount of days to fix a pot hole once it's reported. If your car is damaged by the pot hole before it's reported or during their "grace period" then they are not responsible. If it happens afterwards, they are on the hook since they are deemed negligent. I would think there's a similar system in place in your area. Good luck!
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi (e92) - Black Sapphire Metalic, Coral Red Interior, X-Drive, iDrive, Executive Package, M-Sports, Servotronic, Glacier Silver Trim
Mods - BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #8
RideForeign
Private
0
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: May 2014
Location: ontario

iTrader: (0)

Well after a couple quotes and a headache and a half with trying to get a picture of the lane of the highway, I just said screw it.

I've been hearing a creaking noise when I go over speed bumps slowly and its coming from the same area which screwed up my tire.

I'm going to pay out of pocket for this fix I decided to just let go of the headaches due to work and not being able to commit with calling the opp and what not.

Disregarding it for now I think will save me a couple grey hairs as I can get a replacement tire for 160 tax in with balance and install. I decided to go this route since middle of April in about a months time I'm going to get new rims.

I appreciate all your inputs but I couldn't immgaine what hell I would of raised if this happen on a 2g set of rims with pirellis.

Thanks guys and be safe!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #9
blown07
Private First Class
7
Rep
166
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hamilton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideForeign View Post
Well after a couple quotes and a headache and a half with trying to get a picture of the lane of the highway, I just said screw it.

I've been hearing a creaking noise when I go over speed bumps slowly and its coming from the same area which screwed up my tire.

I'm going to pay out of pocket for this fix I decided to just let go of the headaches due to work and not being able to commit with calling the opp and what not.

Disregarding it for now I think will save me a couple grey hairs as I can get a replacement tire for 160 tax in with balance and install. I decided to go this route since middle of April in about a months time I'm going to get new rims.

I appreciate all your inputs but I couldn't immgaine what hell I would of raised if this happen on a 2g set of rims with pirellis.

Thanks guys and be safe!
I hit a pothole on the hamilton mountain when it was dark/snowing in the XI. My front apex rim was bent and that seemed to be it. Had the rim straightened for $100 and took pictures but decided not to chase the city for money. I also started getting a creaking noise at slow speeds over bumps etc. It took me a while to find it but it was the lower front control arm bushing that connect to the frame. Had to replace the whole arm which was around $100. Could be your problem also.
__________________
'07 335i Sport, graphite,FBO+Meth+Race flash+LSD
'07 335xi Sport, Silver, FBO + Meth + race flash
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST