E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Covered by CPO? Yes or No?

06-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #1
paintballdude05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Covered by CPO? Yes or No?

The CPO Warranty is ending on my '11 e92 come January 2017 (I won't be getting close to the millage limit) and I have a few mechanical items that I need them to look at before it's up. I also have a few cosmetic issues that I'd like to get replaced if possible while they're at it. From personal experience, do you think the following will be covered?

- 2 of my wheel center caps were really starting to bubble behind the BMW logo as well as around the edges
- both exhaust tips have a fair amount of pitting from carbon buildup
- wear on the drivers side seat leather (I have Dakota Leather)

Thanks!
      06-15-2016, 08:14 PM   #2
dannyhavok
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 328xi 6MT

It seems unlikely those things would be covered, but i've got an eye on this thread. My CPO is up soon and my seats and e-brake handle are worn as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
TheBingoBalls
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, R56 MINI Cooper

Doubt anything that could be deemed as wear/tear would be covered under CPO. Under the conditions of BMW CPO and what is not covered:

Interior
Bulbs – incandescent and LEDs (except for the instrument cluster); carpeting; floor and trunk mats; headliner/sliding roof liner panel; interior noises, squeaks and rattles; interior dashboards, consoles, panels, covers, vents, grills, trims and fasteners (except cup holders); seatbelt extender arm assembly (except for electrical/electronic components); sunblinds (except for electrical/electronic components); sun visors (except for electrical/electronic components); upholstery (except for seat heating elements and seat occupancy sensor mat).

Body

Air leaks; body carriers, cross members, supports, braces and mounts; body panels, body shell, walls, partitions and chassis sheet metal; body noises, squeaks and rattles; body seals and gaskets; bulbs - incandescent, Xenon and LEDs; convertible top (except for electrical/electronic components); damage due to rust, corrosion or contamination; door brakes and checks; door handles and carriers (except for electrical/electronic components); exterior moulding, trim and fasteners; gas pressurized springs/struts; glass - side, sliding roof, rear and mirrors (except for electrical/electronic components); latch and lock mechanisms and their related components (except for electrical/electronic components); paint finish; water leaks; wheels and valve stems (except for electrical/electronic components); windscreen (including the sliding roof); windshield (except for the front rain sensor); wind noises.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
paintballdude05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Doubt anything that could be deemed as wear/tear would be covered under CPO. Under the conditions of BMW CPO and what is not covered:

Interior
Bulbs incandescent and LEDs (except for the instrument cluster); carpeting; floor and trunk mats; headliner/sliding roof liner panel; interior noises, squeaks and rattles; interior dashboards, consoles, panels, covers, vents, grills, trims and fasteners (except cup holders); seatbelt extender arm assembly (except for electrical/electronic components); sunblinds (except for electrical/electronic components); sun visors (except for electrical/electronic components); upholstery (except for seat heating elements and seat occupancy sensor mat).

Body

Air leaks; body carriers, cross members, supports, braces and mounts; body panels, body shell, walls, partitions and chassis sheet metal; body noises, squeaks and rattles; body seals and gaskets; bulbs - incandescent, Xenon and LEDs; convertible top (except for electrical/electronic components); damage due to rust, corrosion or contamination; door brakes and checks; door handles and carriers (except for electrical/electronic components); exterior moulding, trim and fasteners; gas pressurized springs/struts; glass - side, sliding roof, rear and mirrors (except for electrical/electronic components); latch and lock mechanisms and their related components (except for electrical/electronic components); paint finish; water leaks; wheels and valve stems (except for electrical/electronic components); windscreen (including the sliding roof); windshield (except for the front rain sensor); wind noises.
Damn, I'll give it a try, but won't get my hopes up. Thanks!
      06-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #5
Captain Canuck
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

You might be able to get new center caps for your wheels, but the other 2 I highly doubt. The exhaust tips are a maintenance issue (you have to keep them clean or the chrome will pit), and the seat is normal wear and tear.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 03:12 PM   #6
paintballdude05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
You might be able to get new center caps for your wheels, but the other 2 I highly doubt. The exhaust tips are a maintenance issue (you have to keep them clean or the chrome will pit), and the seat is normal wear and tear.
Would it be considered normal for the tips to need cleaning after only 500km of easy driving? The turbo 6 on these things really makes it hard to keep them clean.
      06-16-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
luv135i
Captain
Rep
Drives: White

Garage List
Nope not covered at all.
      06-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
scrammer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP Frozen

Remember that everything got better for CPO starting in 2011 ... so give it a shot.

Keep us posted

From BMW.ca - Beginning with our 2011 models and beyond (2012,
2013, etc.), we have increased the coverage to give
you even better value, as your protection plan is now
an extension of the factory new car warranty covering
all the same things as a new car, with no deductible.

Recently, the gas charged units on my trunk wouldn't lift the weight of the trunk anymore so they were replaced free as per "new car warranty"

BMW Cars:
Current: E92 M3 ZCP Frozen
Past: E92 335is...E90 M3...E46 M3 Cab...E46 M3 ZCP...E90 330i...E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #9
paintballdude05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer View Post
Remember that everything got better for CPO starting in 2011 ... so give it a shot.

Keep us posted

From BMW.ca - Beginning with our 2011 models and beyond (2012,
2013, etc.), we have increased the coverage to give
you even better value, as your protection plan is now
an extension of the factory new car warranty covering
all the same things as a new car, with no deductible.

Recently, the gas charged units on my trunk wouldn't lift the weight of the trunk anymore so they were replaced free as per "new car warranty"
That was my understanding, I'll try to push the dealer for some of the items next time I'm in there (it probably won't be for another 2-3 months).
      06-22-2016, 11:49 AM   #10
ZeroSum
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 328i/MR2

Doubt it.
      07-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #11
paintballdude05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Just to revive this. The car is down on power the last few days so it has to go in. BMW Roadside is paying for a tow from Sudbury to Barrie. It appears as though I have the CPO that is "an extension of the factory new car warranty". The SA wouldn't say yes or no as to what they will cover or not, obviously whatever is plaguing the engine is covered. I'll update the thread once I get the car back.