E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Covered by CPO? Yes or No?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #1
paintballdude05
Private First Class
paintballdude05's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sudbury, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Covered by CPO? Yes or No?

The CPO Warranty is ending on my '11 e92 come January 2017 (I won't be getting close to the millage limit) and I have a few mechanical items that I need them to look at before it's up. I also have a few cosmetic issues that I'd like to get replaced if possible while they're at it. From personal experience, do you think the following will be covered?

- 2 of my wheel center caps were really starting to bubble behind the BMW logo as well as around the edges
- both exhaust tips have a fair amount of pitting from carbon buildup
- wear on the drivers side seat leather (I have Dakota Leather)

Thanks!
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi (e92) - Black Sapphire Metalic, Coral Red Interior, X-Drive, iDrive, Executive Package, M-Sports, Servotronic, Glacier Silver Trim
Mods - BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles, OEM Oil Cooler Install
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 08:14 PM   #2
dannyhavok
Lieutenant
63
Rep
439
Posts

Drives: '11 E90 328xi 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Victoria, BC

iTrader: (0)

It seems unlikely those things would be covered, but i've got an eye on this thread. My CPO is up soon and my seats and e-brake handle are worn as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
TheBingoBalls
Colonel
Canada
322
Rep
2,651
Posts

Drives: E90 325i, R56 MINI Cooper
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Doubt anything that could be deemed as wear/tear would be covered under CPO. Under the conditions of BMW CPO and what is not covered:

Interior
Bulbs – incandescent and LEDs (except for the instrument cluster); carpeting; floor and trunk mats; headliner/sliding roof liner panel; interior noises, squeaks and rattles; interior dashboards, consoles, panels, covers, vents, grills, trims and fasteners (except cup holders); seatbelt extender arm assembly (except for electrical/electronic components); sunblinds (except for electrical/electronic components); sun visors (except for electrical/electronic components); upholstery (except for seat heating elements and seat occupancy sensor mat).

Body

Air leaks; body carriers, cross members, supports, braces and mounts; body panels, body shell, walls, partitions and chassis sheet metal; body noises, squeaks and rattles; body seals and gaskets; bulbs - incandescent, Xenon and LEDs; convertible top (except for electrical/electronic components); damage due to rust, corrosion or contamination; door brakes and checks; door handles and carriers (except for electrical/electronic components); exterior moulding, trim and fasteners; gas pressurized springs/struts; glass - side, sliding roof, rear and mirrors (except for electrical/electronic components); latch and lock mechanisms and their related components (except for electrical/electronic components); paint finish; water leaks; wheels and valve stems (except for electrical/electronic components); windscreen (including the sliding roof); windshield (except for the front rain sensor); wind noises.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
paintballdude05
Private First Class
paintballdude05's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sudbury, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Doubt anything that could be deemed as wear/tear would be covered under CPO. Under the conditions of BMW CPO and what is not covered:

Interior
Bulbs incandescent and LEDs (except for the instrument cluster); carpeting; floor and trunk mats; headliner/sliding roof liner panel; interior noises, squeaks and rattles; interior dashboards, consoles, panels, covers, vents, grills, trims and fasteners (except cup holders); seatbelt extender arm assembly (except for electrical/electronic components); sunblinds (except for electrical/electronic components); sun visors (except for electrical/electronic components); upholstery (except for seat heating elements and seat occupancy sensor mat).

Body

Air leaks; body carriers, cross members, supports, braces and mounts; body panels, body shell, walls, partitions and chassis sheet metal; body noises, squeaks and rattles; body seals and gaskets; bulbs - incandescent, Xenon and LEDs; convertible top (except for electrical/electronic components); damage due to rust, corrosion or contamination; door brakes and checks; door handles and carriers (except for electrical/electronic components); exterior moulding, trim and fasteners; gas pressurized springs/struts; glass - side, sliding roof, rear and mirrors (except for electrical/electronic components); latch and lock mechanisms and their related components (except for electrical/electronic components); paint finish; water leaks; wheels and valve stems (except for electrical/electronic components); windscreen (including the sliding roof); windshield (except for the front rain sensor); wind noises.
Damn, I'll give it a try, but won't get my hopes up. Thanks!
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi (e92) - Black Sapphire Metalic, Coral Red Interior, X-Drive, iDrive, Executive Package, M-Sports, Servotronic, Glacier Silver Trim
Mods - BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles, OEM Oil Cooler Install
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #5
Captain Canuck
Private
22
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Great White North

iTrader: (0)

You might be able to get new center caps for your wheels, but the other 2 I highly doubt. The exhaust tips are a maintenance issue (you have to keep them clean or the chrome will pit), and the seat is normal wear and tear.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 03:12 PM   #6
paintballdude05
Private First Class
paintballdude05's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sudbury, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
You might be able to get new center caps for your wheels, but the other 2 I highly doubt. The exhaust tips are a maintenance issue (you have to keep them clean or the chrome will pit), and the seat is normal wear and tear.
Would it be considered normal for the tips to need cleaning after only 500km of easy driving? The turbo 6 on these things really makes it hard to keep them clean.
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi (e92) - Black Sapphire Metalic, Coral Red Interior, X-Drive, iDrive, Executive Package, M-Sports, Servotronic, Glacier Silver Trim
Mods - BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles, OEM Oil Cooler Install
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
luv135i
Captain
luv135i's Avatar
29
Rep
980
Posts

Drives: White
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Nope not covered at all.
__________________
2010 135i AW
2011 328i AW
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
scrammer
Lieutenant
scrammer's Avatar
Canada
65
Rep
416
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP Frozen
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Remember that everything got better for CPO starting in 2011 ... so give it a shot.

Keep us posted

From BMW.ca - Beginning with our 2011 models and beyond (2012,
2013, etc.), we have increased the coverage to give
you even better value, as your protection plan is now
an extension of the factory new car warranty covering
all the same things as a new car, with no deductible.

Recently, the gas charged units on my trunk wouldn't lift the weight of the trunk anymore so they were replaced free as per "new car warranty"
__________________

BMW Cars:
Current: E92 M3 ZCP Frozen
Past: E92 335is...E90 M3...E46 M3 Cab...E46 M3 ZCP...E90 330i...E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #9
paintballdude05
Private First Class
paintballdude05's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sudbury, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer View Post
Remember that everything got better for CPO starting in 2011 ... so give it a shot.

Keep us posted

From BMW.ca - Beginning with our 2011 models and beyond (2012,
2013, etc.), we have increased the coverage to give
you even better value, as your protection plan is now
an extension of the factory new car warranty covering
all the same things as a new car, with no deductible.

Recently, the gas charged units on my trunk wouldn't lift the weight of the trunk anymore so they were replaced free as per "new car warranty"
That was my understanding, I'll try to push the dealer for some of the items next time I'm in there (it probably won't be for another 2-3 months).
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi (e92) - Black Sapphire Metalic, Coral Red Interior, X-Drive, iDrive, Executive Package, M-Sports, Servotronic, Glacier Silver Trim
Mods - BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles, OEM Oil Cooler Install
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 11:49 AM   #10
ZeroSum
First Lieutenant
ZeroSum's Avatar
17
Rep
332
Posts

Drives: E90 328i/MR2
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Doubt it.
__________________
2008 Monaco Blue 328i Sedan / Charcoal Delete / K&N Drop In Filter / RM Intake Boot / AA Tune
1993 MR2
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #11
paintballdude05
Private First Class
paintballdude05's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sudbury, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Just to revive this. The car is down on power the last few days so it has to go in. BMW Roadside is paying for a tow from Sudbury to Barrie. It appears as though I have the CPO that is "an extension of the factory new car warranty". The SA wouldn't say yes or no as to what they will cover or not, obviously whatever is plaguing the engine is covered. I'll update the thread once I get the car back.
__________________
2011 BMW 335xi (e92) - Black Sapphire Metalic, Coral Red Interior, X-Drive, iDrive, Executive Package, M-Sports, Servotronic, Glacier Silver Trim
Mods - BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles, OEM Oil Cooler Install
Appreciate 1
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST