E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Body Shop in Greater Vancouver/Fraser Valley

02-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
RohtashM
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Body Shop in Greater Vancouver/Fraser Valley

Hi guys,

So on Friday, I came back to my car to see someone hit my car's rear bumper in a parking lot and didn't leave a note. The passenger side corner of the bumper is dented a good 4-5 inches so I think it'll need replacement (through ICBC). Can anyone recommend a good body shop in the Greater Vancouver Area (closer to Langley/Abbotsford is better, but I don't mind driving if the shop is really good)? I called Korva Collision but they are booked for over 2 months until May. I was looking at OpenRoad Richmond Auto Body Langley. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Another thing I want to do is try to upgrade to an M-Sport bumper instead of the non M bumper that is currently on the car. I think it will probably have to be aftermarket if ICBC says it has to be the same or lower cost as a non M-Sport bumper. Does anyone know if most bodyshops will be open to doing this and possibly ordering aftermarket instead of OEM?

Thanks,
Rohtash
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:36 AM   #2
P0NYB0Y
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92

i can vouch for richmond auto body. they do quality work. i'd recommend you take it to their richmond location though as thats where all the OG's are at. they have a certified in-house r8 bodyman too.

edit:

2nd body shop i can recommend is called Midvan Collision. 604-294-1728 (Dave, Owner)

Last edited by P0NYB0Y; 03-02-2016 at 03:15 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #3
RohtashM
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Thanks, I think I will take it to Richmond Auto Body. They seem pretty good and are BMW certified too.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2016, 04:17 AM   #4
P0NYB0Y
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohtashM View Post
Thanks, I think I will take it to Richmond Auto Body. They seem pretty good and are BMW certified too.
when you get an estimate, do you mind asking how much it would cost to repaint the rear and front bumper without going through icbc for me? (same vehicle as you)

i got hit on both bumpers from parallel parkers but i don't want the claim on my title.

your help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #5
DarkNemesis
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan AT, US Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0NYB0Y View Post
when you get an estimate, do you mind asking how much it would cost to repaint the rear and front bumper without going through icbc for me? (same vehicle as you)

i got hit on both bumpers from parallel parkers but i don't want the claim on my title.

your help would be appreciated.
I was Quoted 300 each front and back from a recognised shop in Surrey.
Overseas Autobody
Complete sand down, prime, paint and clear using only quality clear.
Have not tried then yet.

Bash Shah
Sutton Premier Realty
Appreciate 1