E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Midtown Toronto touchless car wash?

03-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
Vote Quimby
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT, F25 X3 35i

Midtown Toronto touchless car wash?

I have two very dirty vehicles in need of a wash, but refuse to go near those awful spinning brush train wrecks that seem to be standard south of the 401.

I'm aware of the Esso at Lakeshore and Carlaw, but was hoping for something closer to Eglington. Also, all else equal I'd rather go north than south as the traffic is generally light in the evenings.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #2
Douche
Valter Douche
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i E90 03/2007

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
Touchless = no
Handwash = yes
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
Vote Quimby
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche View Post
Touchless = no
Handwash = yes
Is that an answer or a suggestion?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
Douche
Valter Douche
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i E90 03/2007

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote Quimby View Post
Is that an answer or a suggestion?
It can't be an answer, there wasn't a question posted.

It's a suggestion based on your mentioned preference of using a wash method that does the least harm to your cars. You mentioned preference for a method that is less harsh than auto brush washes, I just pointed it is harsh anyway, and suggested you go the safest route.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
Vote Quimby
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

The question was in the title, but thanks for your input none-the-less.

Anyone else? Perhaps someone proximal?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #6
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

eglinton & ??
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
Vote Quimby
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Anything between Avenue and Bayview would be great.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #8
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

right at Eglinton & Bayview is the full serve wash ... it is expensive ... probably $20 ...

Millwood and Laird, Esso ... I have not been there in decades ... not sure if this is touchless or brush ...

In general, I think most of the Shell stations are touchless .. Bayview and Shepard, if not too far for you or Yonge & york Mills
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #9
Vote Quimby
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
right at Eglinton & Bayview is the full serve wash ... it is expensive ... probably $20 ...

Millwood and Laird, Esso ... I have not been there in decades ... not sure if this is touchless or brush ...

In general, I think most of the Shell stations are touchless .. Bayview and Shepard, if not too far for you or Yonge & york Mills
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain the place at Eglington and Bayview uses brushes (from their website: "The exterior of the car is cleaned in a conveyor tunnel wash and is towel dried."). As does the Esso on Millwood.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #10
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

sorry. I had not been those ones for like 20+ yrs (I used to live in the area) and I cannot say whether they would have switched their wash equipment or method at all.

If those locations are not good for you, I guess coin wash or find ones that suit your needs. I personally use coin wash in the winter time, although not clean at all but at least some of the salt can be get rid of.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #11
Vote Quimby
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
sorry. I had not been those ones for like 20+ yrs (I used to live in the area) and I cannot say whether they would have switched their wash equipment or method at all.

If those locations are not good for you, I guess coin wash or find ones that suit your needs. I personally use coin wash in the winter time, although not clean at all but at least some of the salt can be get rid of.
I appreciate the input regardless.

I've tried the Jet Kleen by Victoria Park but it's pretty far east. Coin-ops are also becoming rare these days.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 10:07 PM   #12
Needbmwpartzz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote Quimby
Quote:

I appreciate the input regardless.

I've tried the Jet Kleen by Victoria Park but it's pretty far east. Coin-ops are also becoming rare these days.
Coin washes are like unicorns around here!
The esso station at Yonge and steeles has a spray and wash that you have to pay the attendant after using....was around ten bucks last time I used and won't be going there again(will be washing at home unless I'm too lazy too spend an hour scrubbing).
They also have a drive-through wash...not sure it's touch-less or not.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 02:40 PM   #13
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz View Post
The esso station at Yonge and steeles has a spray and wash that you have to pay the attendant after using....was around ten bucks last time I used and won't be going there again(will be washing at home unless I'm too lazy too spend an hour scrubbing).
NE corner Yonge Steeles: $1/ minute. Pay machine inside broken. When finished leave car inside run to cashier, don't get run from auto car wash line, nor the car line up for the Tim's drive through. They will should discount by a buck or two since you had to pay inside. Today, it was 11 minutes, he wanted to charge me $10, then only $9 when I asked about the pricing.

Name:  Car_______WASH.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  405.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #14
Needbmwpartzz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona
Quote:
NE corner Yonge Steeles: $1/ minute. Pay machine inside broken. When finished leave car inside run to cashier, don't get run from auto car wash line, nor the car line up for the Tim's drive through. They will should discount by a buck or two since you had to pay inside. Today, it was 11 minutes, he wanted to charge me $10, then only $9 when I asked about the pricing.

Attachment 1173782
Yea.....they are counting the time from the second you get the ticket till the second you pay for the time at cashier.....that's funny he gave me a similar discount.....was 10....and when I didn't have enough change he gave it to me for 6 because I complained.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #15
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Yea.....they are counting the time from the second you get the ticket till the second you pay for the time at cashier.....that's funny he gave me a similar discount.....was 10....and when I didn't have enough change he gave it to me for 6 because I complained.
I'm a fast learner, today only $6. Like yesterday, I only do a pseudo wash, rinse body/wheels/undercarriage only. My concern is dirt in the brushes, and a full proper wash would be costly.

Name:  222222_car wash.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  239.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #16
Needbmwpartzz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona
Quote:
I'm a fast learner, today only $6. Like yesterday, I only do a pseudo wash, rinse body/wheels/undercarriage only. My concern is dirt in the brushes, and a full proper wash would be costly.

Attachment 1174319
Yeah might as well just do the drive thru and get the blow dry!
Appreciate 0