E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Ottawa Members Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #397
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Cool

We are open to any suggested time and place.
If you have a better suggestion, please do tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
I've noted the time and place in my Calendar. I don't anticipate being able to attend however, but just in case.

Cheers
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #398
rvladescu
335d
 
rvladescu's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

For me it would be better around 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
We are open to any suggested time and place.
If you have a better suggestion, please do tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
I've noted the time and place in my Calendar. I don't anticipate being able to attend however, but just in case.

Cheers

Last edited by rvladescu; 08-19-2011 at 05:27 PM.
rvladescu is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #399
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Question

OK, 7:00 PM, any other suggestion, folks?


Quote:
Originally Posted by rvladescu View Post
For me it would be better around 7
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #400
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
OK, 7:00 PM, any other suggestion, folks?
Anyone make it out?
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #401
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Angry

Not me. I didn't get the consensus from the quorum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Anyone make it out?
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #402
cc_25
Private First Class
 
cc_25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON

Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Not I, as I was in Chicago.
cc_25 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #403
rvladescu
335d
 
rvladescu's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

My sons hockey finished late I feel bad that I was not at the meet
rvladescu is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #404
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Cool

We can try again this weekend. Folks, let me know the time and the place; I shall be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvladescu View Post
My sons hockey finished late I feel bad that I was not at the meet
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #405
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Diff Seal Replacement

My buddy Chris needs to replace the diff seal on his pre-lci 328i to fix a leak.

The dealer quoted ~3.6 hours plus parts.
Chris is a mechanical guy and was wondering if anyone in town has a shop manual or experience with such a job to help him DIY.

Cheers
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #406
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Cool

I have the Bentley shop manual but lack of tools.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
My buddy Chris needs to replace the diff seal on his pre-lci 328i to fix a leak.

The dealer quoted ~3.6 hours plus parts.
Chris is a mechanical guy and was wondering if anyone in town has a shop manual or experience with such a job to help him DIY.

Cheers
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #407
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Excellent, thanks Clairvoyant.
Chris is going to sign up this evening then I imagine he will contact you for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
I have the Bentley shop manual but lack of tools.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
My buddy Chris needs to replace the diff seal on his pre-lci 328i to fix a leak.

The dealer quoted ~3.6 hours plus parts.
Chris is a mechanical guy and was wondering if anyone in town has a shop manual or experience with such a job to help him DIY.

Cheers
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #408
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Question

Are we meeting somewhere tonight or tomorrow (tentatively)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Excellent, thanks Clairvoyant.
Chris is going to sign up this evening then I imagine he will contact you for help.
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #409
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

I'll be at the LPGA this weekend so out of town for a meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
Are we meeting somewhere tonight or tomorrow (tentatively)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Excellent, thanks Clairvoyant.
Chris is going to sign up this evening then I imagine he will contact you for help.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #410
LUSH 328
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Hi Clairvoyant, it's Chris. Would you mind taking a look in your service manual and letting me know if it says to drop the diff to change the pinion seal?
Thanks,
Chris
LUSH 328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #411
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Hey man,
Finally got you on here. Dom would have seen your post too, and we'll see what he has to say about your Avatar/username.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSH 328 View Post
Hi Clairvoyant, it's Chris. Would you mind taking a look in your service manual and letting me know if it says to drop the diff to change the pinion seal?
Thanks,
Chris
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #412
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Cool

According to the service manual, no need to drop the differential seals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSH 328 View Post
Hi Clairvoyant, it's Chris. Would you mind taking a look in your service manual and letting me know if it says to drop the diff to change the pinion seal?
Thanks,
Chris
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #413
duong
New Member
 
Drives: BMW Z4
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of buying a e92 pre-lci 335i from the US from my dealer in MTL where i purchased my R8 from and I have a question...

Since the car is a US car, would I have to do anything specific to my nav system to get it to "canadian mode"?

and also, how much do the m-tech parts go for? i see alot of replicas and such but are there any ones that have perfect fitment?

Thanks
duong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #414
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

The Nav map is a North American map and includes Canadian roads.

As a pre-LCI car you could consider a nav map update, but this is something your dealer will charge you for.

I don't have details on the 'm-tech' parts to which you refer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of buying a e92 pre-lci 335i from the US from my dealer in MTL where i purchased my R8 from and I have a question...

Since the car is a US car, would I have to do anything specific to my nav system to get it to "canadian mode"?

and also, how much do the m-tech parts go for? i see alot of replicas and such but are there any ones that have perfect fitment?

Thanks
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #415
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

M3 / Rainbow / Sunset in one photo.
I was surprised to see a rainbow at sunset last night as I stopped to fill up on the way to the grocery store:



Anyone else in the East End notice this strange phenomenon?
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #416
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Smile

Perhaps, it only happened when you filled up gas at Refuel gas station in front of the Real Canadian Superstore.

I noticed that as well actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
M3 / Rainbow / Sunset in one photo.
I was surprised to see a rainbow at sunset last night as I stopped to fill up on the way to the grocery store:



Anyone else in the East End notice this strange phenomenon?
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #417
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
Perhaps, it only happened when you filled up gas at Refuel gas station in front of the Real Canadian Superstore.

I noticed that as well actually...
So you must have been the other guy filling up at the same time as me in the red civic.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #418
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Cool

I actually came in a split second after you drove away....


Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
So you must have been the other guy filling up at the same time as me in the red civic.
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST