E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Alberta Members Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #155
E90Vader
Banned
 
E90Vader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 631
iTrader: (0)

We'll show up and put there cars to shame haha
E90Vader is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #156
Reggie@MWDesign
 
Reggie@MWDesign's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 3Twenty8xi
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 403 Canada

Posts: 1,532
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2007 E92 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Vader View Post
We'll show up and put there cars to shame haha
lol.. you have no idea what kind of cars actually show up in the summer when its warm out....

there are cars that sure are ricey and you just wanna

but there are some qaulity builds.
Reggie@MWDesign is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #157
E90Vader
Banned
 
E90Vader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 631
iTrader: (0)

Haha thats true! However some of the exotics I'm sure stay away from the beyond meets.. If I was a ferrari owner the last thing I would want is to have some 16 year old kid in a turbo civic pull a ricer fly by thinking his hot shit and swerve into the side of my ride...

But seriously It's not that bad.
E90Vader is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #158
HowFast
Private
 
HowFast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe 6Speed
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alberta

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Hey i am new to the boards here but I would be honored to be the first Medicine Hat 335i owner in Alberta
HowFast is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #159
Reggie@MWDesign
 
Reggie@MWDesign's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 3Twenty8xi
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 403 Canada

Posts: 1,532
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2007 E92 328xi  [0.00]
http://www.projecttechnik.com/forum/...php?f=1&t=4141

There is a BMW meet on April 10th, 3pm at Glenmore Park,
Click the link for info!
Reggie@MWDesign is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #160
CPI
403_e39
 
CPI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 1,811
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
I have Iforged Daytona wheels left and an exhaust left for sale. Summer time is here. Make me an offer!
__________________

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
CPI is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #161
mad villain
Tha Bawse
 
mad villain's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Posts: 722
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie@MWDesign View Post
http://www.projecttechnik.com/forum/...php?f=1&t=4141

There is a BMW meet on April 10th, 3pm at Glenmore Park,
Click the link for info!
i'll probably stop by for a bit!
__________________
'09 E92 335i Xdrive | BSM | Coral Red | Cobb Stage 1 | 19" Niche Targa Rims | M-Sport/Nav/Prem | LUX H8 V3 | Matte Black Grills | CF Emblems | Painted Reflectors |
mad villain is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #162
jjjheimer
Private
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i_boss View Post
Yea Eurasia quoted me 1400..... might have to take a trip to calgary then
You might want to try Wheels Plus on 97st see http://www.wheels-plus.com/
jjjheimer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2011, 02:25 AM   #163
Doomageddon
Sinister 3
 
Doomageddon's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Wheels plus quoted me 389 with alignment for spring install.
Doomageddon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #164
Rob.K
Private First Class
 
Rob.K's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB

Posts: 134
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomageddon View Post
Wheels plus quoted me 389 with alignment for spring install.

and quoted me $500 for coilovers incl. alignment. Might be staying in Edmonton for this afterall.
Rob.K is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #165
335i_boss
Private
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 56
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.K View Post
and quoted me $500 for coilovers incl. alignment. Might be staying in Edmonton for this afterall.
solid
335i_boss is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #166
AspenWhite335
Private
 
Drives: BMW 335i AlpineWhite E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

have any of you guys had a wheel alignment done recently my car drives pretty straight and no issues but how do I know if I need one done or not?
AspenWhite335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #167
Reggie@MWDesign
 
Reggie@MWDesign's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 3Twenty8xi
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 403 Canada

Posts: 1,532
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2007 E92 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenWhite335 View Post
have any of you guys had a wheel alignment done recently my car drives pretty straight and no issues but how do I know if I need one done or not?
If your car doesn't drive straight, steering wheel isn't pointing straight, or if there is a vibration (could also be balancing).
Reggie@MWDesign is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #168
AspenWhite335
Private
 
Drives: BMW 335i AlpineWhite E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie@MWDesign View Post
If your car doesn't drive straight, steering wheel isn't pointing straight, or if there is a vibration (could also be balancing).
thanks Reggie and it was nice meeting you and your car last week keep us posted on what AE's you put in. I'm just in the market for replacement tires and wanted to check with you guys first because last thing I want is bad wear on new tires. My car seems to drive straight and have no issues and I can't be 100% sure and didn't want to get charged an alignment if my car doesn't need one. But after doing a bit of searching it looks like best time to do an alignment is when you get new tires and good practice after a couple years just as a sanity check.
AspenWhite335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #169
miguex@ecuprogram
Second Lieutenant
 
miguex@ecuprogram's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 X5 M
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 206
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to miguex@ecuprogram
INSTALLING SPRING...

███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.

Install delayed....please wait.
Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Season not found.
Season "Spring" cannot be located. The season you are looking for might
have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again.


miguex@ecuprogram is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #170
E90Vader
Banned
 
E90Vader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 631
iTrader: (0)

FOR SALE: 225 45 R17 Continental All season BMW 335i tires for sale. 90% tread
300.00 and there yours!

I live in Calgary Alberta

Let me know guys!


PS have we established a Calgary Cruse yet??
E90Vader is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #171
farangdude
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2007 335I space grey, premium
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton,Alberta

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Whats up?

Just a quick shout out to all here!
please throw me on that list !!
I dont know about the rest of the crew here in Edmonton ,but man is it nice to finally cruise in some warm sunny weather!!
Peace
__________________

2007 335i space grey/premium pkg/sport pkg/19" style 230 rims/20% tint doors/5% back three/Dakota black leather int./Brushed Alum. trim/Ipod.
farangdude is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #172
acs-e36
Private
 
Drives: 330xi
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie@MWDesign View Post
http://www.projecttechnik.com/forum/...php?f=1&t=4141

There is a BMW meet on April 10th, 3pm at Glenmore Park,
Click the link for info!
ProjectTechnik had another one just this weekend too! good showing. awesome weather
__________________
acs-e36 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #173
bigup
Random Car Person
 
bigup's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 481
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to bigup
Calling JB4 users in Calgary .. I've just installed mine, and well, it's not really as great as I thought it would be.

It's certainly a little quicker, but doesn't feel night and day like many people say.

Does our altitude effect the performance gains of the JB4? I didn't think we were high enough up for that. It feels especially anemic under 3,000 rpm, and has noticeable turbo lag.

Initially I tried map 1, on Husky 94 .. I then did some logging on map 5, which apparently looks good according to BMS.. and now on advice, I'm running on Map 6 with added boost down low.

I put some V-power 91 in this morning, and it feels almost as slow as stock. I had to check that I wasn't on map 0!

I read people post things like 'wow', 'omg', 'JB4 super fast', 'wheels spinning in 3rd' etc .. but I honestly don't feel like I can say any of that.

My car is tune-only + BMS drop-in.

Am I expecting too much? Do you think I should get it dyno'd? Where to go in Calgary for that? LOL questions galore!
bigup is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #174
AspenWhite335
Private
 
Drives: BMW 335i AlpineWhite E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
Calling JB4 users in Calgary .. I've just installed mine, and well, it's not really as great as I thought it would be.

It's certainly a little quicker, but doesn't feel night and day like many people say.

Does our altitude effect the performance gains of the JB4? I didn't think we were high enough up for that. It feels especially anemic under 3,000 rpm, and has noticeable turbo lag.

Initially I tried map 1, on Husky 94 .. I then did some logging on map 5, which apparently looks good according to BMS.. and now on advice, I'm running on Map 6 with added boost down low.

I put some V-power 91 in this morning, and it feels almost as slow as stock. I had to check that I wasn't on map 0!

I read people post things like 'wow', 'omg', 'JB4 super fast', 'wheels spinning in 3rd' etc .. but I honestly don't feel like I can say any of that.

My car is tune-only + BMS drop-in.

Am I expecting too much? Do you think I should get it dyno'd? Where to go in Calgary for that? LOL questions galore!

I don't know much about the JB4 but I have the Dinan 2 (auto) and there was a huge difference after having it. What I noticed right away was the low end take off was delayed so after driving the stock 335 and going to Dinan 2 I miss the stock low end response. From stop you gas its like huge lag and first gear almost doesn't move instead switches right to 2nd gear with a minor lag then when it spools your neck does snap into the head rest like OMFG. The only negative I had was the low end pep it just screams with stock vs the Dinan 2 and once I get going it doesn't take long to shoot up to 120km/hr. All in all I think its worth the money for the fun because most of the times I'm just cruising around and just knowing that I have power to pass at any second is pretty nice.

I believe Reggie was putting a cruise up this weekend and I just found out I won't be here to join you guys if not hopefully we'll have another meet in the summer.
AspenWhite335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #175
bigup
Random Car Person
 
bigup's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 481
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to bigup
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenWhite335 View Post
I don't know much about the JB4 but I have the Dinan 2 (auto) and there was a huge difference after having it. What I noticed right away was the low end take off was delayed so after driving the stock 335 and going to Dinan 2 I miss the stock low end response. From stop you gas its like huge lag and first gear almost doesn't move instead switches right to 2nd gear with a minor lag then when it spools your neck does snap into the head rest like OMFG. The only negative I had was the low end pep it just screams with stock vs the Dinan 2 and once I get going it doesn't take long to shoot up to 120km/hr. All in all I think its worth the money for the fun because most of the times I'm just cruising around and just knowing that I have power to pass at any second is pretty nice.

I believe Reggie was putting a cruise up this weekend and I just found out I won't be here to join you guys if not hopefully we'll have another meet in the summer.
Lag is certainly a lot more noticeable now!

But I've not really observed any neck-snapping with the JB4 yet, in any gear, at any speed. I'm going to play around a little more with the low rpm boost settings on Map 6.

But if it doesn't get to a point where I'm at least 95% happy, I may try the Cobb tune instead.
bigup is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #176
AspenWhite335
Private
 
Drives: BMW 335i AlpineWhite E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
Lag is certainly a lot more noticeable now!

But I've not really observed any neck-snapping with the JB4 yet, in any gear, at any speed. I'm going to play around a little more with the low rpm boost settings on Map 6.

But if it doesn't get to a point where I'm at least 95% happy, I may try the Cobb tune instead.
Ya something doesn't sound right if you don't get a snap feel when it spools up and roars. What boost are you running? From what I heard Cobb tune is pretty sweet. Lag in low end is a given if you want more power from what I heard so we have to deal with that worst case go back to stock I still think its fun. Oh and with Dinan 2 you will feel a bit of a burn out in 3rd but I keep my traction on so its safe :P
AspenWhite335 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST