E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Official North Texas Area Chat Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #397
acj75
First Lieutenant
 
acj75's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW Texas

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

I just got my GoPro HD Motorsports HERO yesterday. $229 + $20 16 GB SDHC memory card. Here's a real quick sample I did a few minutes ago driving around the neighborhood:



I shot this in 720p, but it does have 1080p available. I just used the suction mount and hung it upside down from the sunroof. I think I'm going to extend it so it sits a little bit lower down and also test out some external mounting today. These things are awesome! It comes with a ton of good mounting hardware along with an enclosed, waterproof case.
__________________
'07 E92 BMW 335i
acj75 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #398
Wookie420
Major
 
Wookie420's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [5.00]
Very nice...you bastards are gonna make me want to get one before the track day...
__________________

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Wookie420 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #399
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
 
UltraRacer13's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi e92 MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas

Posts: 911
iTrader: (1)

have you tried mounting it on the windshield yet- curious what that would look like. Mine arrives Monday!!
__________________

XI | COBB | AST | Vorshlag | PFC | STETT | StopTech | Apex | DCI
UltraRacer13 is offline   British Virgin Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #400
Imperator
Major
 
Imperator's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 1,129
iTrader: (7)

Dan, did you order your plate yet? The Gonzales Flag design was finally released this week. I was able to put this one together using the "Custom" option for $85 for one year, since it follows their 3-letter, 2-digit limit. I balked at the 5-year option, even though it's under $200. Who knows how long I'll keep this car.

Imperator is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #401
acj75
First Lieutenant
 
acj75's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW Texas

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie420 View Post
Very nice...you bastards are gonna make me want to get one before the track day...
Do eet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSailor View Post
have you tried mounting it on the windshield yet- curious what that would look like. Mine arrives Monday!!
Not yet. My car is filthy and dusty on the outside, so I don't want to attach it to the exterior until it's clean. I did wipe off my sunroof though, so I mounted it up on the roof. I got some funny looks driving around, including a cop I passed:

Roof mount (1080p):



I also did another in-car view (1080p):

__________________
'07 E92 BMW 335i
acj75 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #402
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
 
UltraRacer13's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi e92 MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas

Posts: 911
iTrader: (1)

I like test 3 the best. I meant on the inside of the windshield btw.

Is the video quality better if you drive fast?
__________________

XI | COBB | AST | Vorshlag | PFC | STETT | StopTech | Apex | DCI
UltraRacer13 is offline   British Virgin Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #403
acj75
First Lieutenant
 
acj75's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW Texas

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Video quality depends on what you set it at. 1080p is best, but it also has a 720p mode at 60 frames per second which would be good for slow motion. Pretty impressive for a tiny camera
__________________
'07 E92 BMW 335i
acj75 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #404
jcamber
Private
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1284 View Post
What dealership was this?

For those doing oil changes...after burning my finger on the hot oil and making a small mess on my garage floor taking out the drain bolt, I looked into a few options and came upon the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. Looks like it's pretty popular online, especially with some of the VW folks. Some cars have the drain bolt facing down and so I read some reviews where they bottomed out and knocked the drain loose. Our cars have it on the side, so we should be fine. There are various reviews with people using them for years and on all different cars and they swear by them.

Pics - http://www.billswebspace.com/bmw335.htm

There's 2 versions, 1 with nipple and 1 without. Nipple lets you attach a hose. For our cars we also need the extension. I found a 10% off coupon online. I'm going to order one for my car and shipping is $5 plus $1 for each additional one. If anyone want's to split shipping w/ me let me know!

Price after Discounts: Normal - $26.95 Nipple - $29.65
Shipping: $5 for first, +$1 after

Link: http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/Se...ts.asp?Cat=150
Discount Code is YM4.

Lemme know!
Dealership was Moritz BMW at Arlington.
jcamber is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #405
artifice
Major
 
artifice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Colony, TX

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1284 View Post
What dealership was this?

For those doing oil changes...after burning my finger on the hot oil and making a small mess on my garage floor taking out the drain bolt, I looked into a few options and came upon the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. Looks like it's pretty popular online, especially with some of the VW folks. Some cars have the drain bolt facing down and so I read some reviews where they bottomed out and knocked the drain loose. Our cars have it on the side, so we should be fine. There are various reviews with people using them for years and on all different cars and they swear by them.

Pics - http://www.billswebspace.com/bmw335.htm

There's 2 versions, 1 with nipple and 1 without. Nipple lets you attach a hose. For our cars we also need the extension. I found a 10% off coupon online. I'm going to order one for my car and shipping is $5 plus $1 for each additional one. If anyone want's to split shipping w/ me let me know!

Price after Discounts: Normal - $26.95 Nipple - $29.65
Shipping: $5 for first, +$1 after

Link: http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/Se...ts.asp?Cat=150
Discount Code is YM4.

Lemme know!
Dude you should be wearing latex gloves or at least regular gloves! (i heard oil can cause cancer lol). My experience with those drain plugs is with the pressure sometimes it has a small leak. But that was in my supra pushing over 20 lbs of boost. It would leak where the crush washer basically is, and if you have to replace it every change there was no point.
__________________
e92 M3 6MT, 18's, everything - Sold!
e92 M3 *Newer*
e92 335i 6MT - Wifey's with (stuff...)
And.... Our daily beater, twinky truck .
artifice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #406
Wookie420
Major
 
Wookie420's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
Dan, did you order your plate yet? The Gonzales Flag design was finally released this week. I was able to put this one together using the "Custom" option for $85 for one year, since it follows their 3-letter, 2-digit limit. I balked at the 5-year option, even though it's under $200. Who knows how long I'll keep this car.

That's awesome. Yeah, I picked mine up the other day! They're pretty proud of their plates for sure...the 7 character customs are like 195 for one year and 695 for 5 or some BS like that...
__________________

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Wookie420 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #407
Imperator
Major
 
Imperator's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 1,129
iTrader: (7)

Yeah I only went with one year on the custom plate. I'll keep it and throw it back on the car for the times that I want to use something other than the generic 6-year-old-kid-scribbled, state-issued plate. They've very proud of the full custom plates.

I've also got a pair of these on the way:


A few PMs were needed but I got the last seat on the group buy, $1100 worth of pipes, including that pretty-looking Titanium-blasted Granular Reconstruction option and Thermal coating.

Now I'm wondering if I should hold off for Cobb's staged maps or throw these on with the intercooler at the same time.
Imperator is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #408
Wookie420
Major
 
Wookie420's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [5.00]
Sick dude! I'm HIGHLY considering jumping on the AA group buy....oh and I'm 99.9% sure that I will also be jumping ship to hang out with you COBB boys starting Monday
__________________

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Wookie420 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #409
Sidnito
Second Lieutenant
 
Sidnito's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 space 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 200
iTrader: (2)

Need some input on what my next purchase should be..HR Sports cupkit, alufelgen sf-71s, or euro airbox?

Thanks
Sidnito is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #410
Imperator
Major
 
Imperator's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 1,129
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie420 View Post
Sick dude! I'm HIGHLY considering jumping on the AA group buy....oh and I'm 99.9% sure that I will also be jumping ship to hang out with you COBB boys starting Monday
If that iCarbon offer wasn't already extended to me two weeks ago, I would have done the AA group buy without thinking twice.

You should like the COBB tune but there are a few features I'm expecting to get out of the AccessPORT that aren't ready yet. Eventually we should get staged maps, the ability to clear codes across all modules, some additional live monitors, suppress catalytic efficiency codes and the ability to tweak individual parameters with ATR.

If you do pick up the AccessPORT on Monday, ask them to do a before/after dyno so you can see how it compares with your JB4 and my car on the same 93-octane tune.

From reading ZTUNER's thread on his Cobb AP experience, it seems their Stage1 93-octane tune is a bit stronger than we all expected. He's already at a 80RWHP delta just from the tune and ETS intercooler alone. I figure adding catless DPs and revising the timing tables should get you at 100RWHP pretty safely on 93 octane pump gas. I have no desire to add meth or nitrous but Cobb should be working those options into additional maps in the future.
Imperator is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #411
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
 
UltraRacer13's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi e92 MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas

Posts: 911
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie420 View Post
Sick dude! I'm HIGHLY considering jumping on the AA group buy....oh and I'm 99.9% sure that I will also be jumping ship to hang out with you COBB boys starting Monday
curious- were you influenced by Moe's deal at all?
__________________

XI | COBB | AST | Vorshlag | PFC | STETT | StopTech | Apex | DCI
UltraRacer13 is offline   British Virgin Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #412
antiks
Lieutenant
 
antiks's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 Alpine White
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DFW Texas

Posts: 592
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSailor View Post
curious- were you influenced by Moe's deal at all?
I'm jumping ship once it's available for 07's .. i like timing!
__________________

IG: realantiks
antiks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #413
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
 
UltraRacer13's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi e92 MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas

Posts: 911
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidnito View Post
Need some input on what my next purchase should be..HR Sports cupkit, alufelgen sf-71s, or euro airbox?

Thanks
tough choices. I went wheels first- it just makes such a difference in the look of the car- but I had crappy 17's. the sf-71's are a great choice imo.
__________________

XI | COBB | AST | Vorshlag | PFC | STETT | StopTech | Apex | DCI
UltraRacer13 is offline   British Virgin Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #414
Sidnito
Second Lieutenant
 
Sidnito's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 space 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 200
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSailor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidnito View Post
Need some input on what my next purchase should be..HR Sports cupkit, alufelgen sf-71s, or euro airbox?

Thanks
tough choices. I went wheels first- it just makes such a difference in the look of the car- but I had crappy 17's. the sf-71's are a great choice imo.
Yeah they are tempting to get haha
Sidnito is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #415
acj75
First Lieutenant
 
acj75's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW Texas

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiks View Post
I'm jumping ship once it's available for 07's .. i like timing!
Ditto
__________________
'07 E92 BMW 335i
acj75 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #416
acj75
First Lieutenant
 
acj75's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW Texas

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Just got through wrapping 'marcosowns' window trim with matte black vinyl. Looks great with the red!
__________________
'07 E92 BMW 335i
acj75 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #417
Wookie420
Major
 
Wookie420's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSailor View Post
curious- were you influenced by Moe's deal at all?
No, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiks View Post
.. i like timing!
This.
__________________

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Wookie420 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #418
Wookie420
Major
 
Wookie420's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
If that iCarbon offer wasn't already extended to me two weeks ago, I would have done the AA group buy without thinking twice.

You should like the COBB tune but there are a few features I'm expecting to get out of the AccessPORT that aren't ready yet. Eventually we should get staged maps, the ability to clear codes across all modules, some additional live monitors, suppress catalytic efficiency codes and the ability to tweak individual parameters with ATR.

If you do pick up the AccessPORT on Monday, ask them to do a before/after dyno so you can see how it compares with your JB4 and my car on the same 93-octane tune.

From reading ZTUNER's thread on his Cobb AP experience, it seems their Stage1 93-octane tune is a bit stronger than we all expected. He's already at a 80RWHP delta just from the tune and ETS intercooler alone. I figure adding catless DPs and revising the timing tables should get you at 100RWHP pretty safely on 93 octane pump gas. I have no desire to add meth or nitrous but Cobb should be working those options into additional maps in the future.
Yeah, I'm excited to be getting a really good quality tune. As far as the codes go, luckily I own a third of Joe's BT Tool
__________________

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Wookie420 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST