E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Official Houston Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #771
thecossio
Chachi
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
You have to pay for a remounting of the tires onto your old OEM wheels. Depending on how much they'll do it for, it might be better to pay the $150 for another set instead of paying, say, $80 for dismount/remount/balance.

I know a tire shop that will do it for $40 or less, but they'll scratch your shit.
They can do it for free.
thecossio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #772
thecossio
Chachi
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.tran View Post
Luis, you reeeeeeeealllllly love that song huh? Making that $0.99 spent worth it huh? Hahaha.


I'ma try and plan a picnic day! Where we can all go to a park and eat and drink. (: I just need to figure out when everyone is available. (:
hahahah. It is my friday's theme.
I am down sunday for picnic.
thecossio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #773
Hooy
Colonel
 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecossio View Post
They can do it for free.
Where? If that's the case, I want to reuse mine too...

Doesn't it make sense that they have to charge you for dismounting and remounting the tires that are on the old wheels to get to the TPMS?
Hooy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #774
tee.tran
Teehehehe.
 
tee.tran's Avatar
 
Drives: ^____^
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TX.

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecossio View Post
hahahah. It is my friday's theme.
I am down sunday for picnic.
Currently, I work Sunday's. It would have to be a Saturday that we do all this.
__________________

I like puppies. Thanks jz for the sig, lol.
tee.tran is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #775
thecossio
Chachi
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Where? If that's the case, I want to reuse mine too...

Doesn't it make sense that they have to charge you for dismounting and remounting the tires that are on the old wheels to get to the TPMS?
Anywhere dude.
Just tell them to put the TPMS to the new tires. thats it.
thecossio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #776
Hooy
Colonel
 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Also, who is going to Coffee and Cars tomorrow??

I kind of want to go but probably won't make it until June's...
Hooy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #777
Hooy
Colonel
 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.tran View Post
Currently, I work Sunday's. It would have to be a Saturday that we do all this.
lol picnic on Tiffany and dinner on Dr. Nate!! right right?
Hooy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #778
Dr. Nate
Nate Dogg
 
Drives: 2011 328i Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Also, who is going to Coffee and Cars tomorrow??

I kind of want to go but probably won't make it until June's...
I want to go but my car is dirty and I won't be able to get to a car wash until tomorrow morning. How long does it go for? I know it starts at 0700. I might go and park with the spectators.

-Nate
__________________
2011 BMW 328i by weekend, various airplanes by week.
Dr. Nate is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #779
Hooy
Colonel
 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Nate View Post
I want to go but my car is dirty and I won't be able to get to a car wash until tomorrow morning. How long does it go for? I know it starts at 0700. I might go and park with the spectators.

-Nate
I don't really want to go by myself in a stock car w/ messed up wheels, lol.
Hooy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #780
thecossio
Chachi
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
I don't really want to go by myself in a stock car w/ messed up wheels, lol.
Lol chris!
I am going NEXT month once the few mods are settle in!
thecossio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #781
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,400
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecossio View Post
Anywhere dude.
Just tell them to put the TPMS to the new tires. thats it.
yea i just got back from discount tires.. they said they'll include it in the cost of rebuilding the tpms... after they raped me on the cost of 4 new tires
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #782
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,400
iTrader: (13)

i might go to cars and coffee since its so close to me.. but its sooo damn earlyy!!!!!
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #783
Hooy
Colonel
 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
yea i just got back from discount tires.. they said they'll include it in the cost of rebuilding the tpms... after they raped me on the cost of 4 new tires
Rebuilding? it's literally 1 screw that just needs a Torx T20 o_O

What tires and how much? I find independent shops much cheaper... maybe you can get a return?
Hooy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #784
tee.tran
Teehehehe.
 
tee.tran's Avatar
 
Drives: ^____^
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TX.

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
lol picnic on Tiffany and dinner on Dr. Nate!! right right?
If that's the case....First come first serve 20 jalapeno wings and shrimp fried rice. LOL.
__________________

I like puppies. Thanks jz for the sig, lol.
tee.tran is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #785
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,400
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Rebuilding? it's literally 1 screw that just needs a Torx T20 o_O

What tires and how much? I find independent shops much cheaper... maybe you can get a return?
10 bucks to rebuild... i figure its not bad sicne they'll be dismounting/remounting the old wheels and tires...

I got the Continental DWS. I've bought these in the past for my old Benz and was extremely happy with them. They're quiet, smooth, and perform well around twisties, not to mention the 50,000 mile warranty on them.

I paid $1100 for all 4 tires with certs. This was after researching and making them pricematch with the cheapest shops around (online as well as physical). I'm sure they might be cheaper at an indy shop but I like Discount bc they're everywhere and I dont have a spare tire. So If anything ever happens i can just get towed to the nearest one and get em replaced.
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #786
Hooy
Colonel
 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
10 bucks to rebuild... i figure its not bad sicne they'll be dismounting/remounting the old wheels and tires...

I got the Continental DWS. I've bought these in the past for my old Benz and was extremely happy with them. They're quiet, smooth, and perform well around twisties, not to mention the 50,000 mile warranty on them.

I paid $1100 for all 4 tires with certs. This was after researching and making them pricematch with the cheapest shops around (online as well as physical). I'm sure they might be cheaper at an indy shop but I like Discount bc they're everywhere and I dont have a spare tire. So If anything ever happens i can just get towed to the nearest one and get em replaced.
Hooy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #787
thecossio
Chachi
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

I don't have a salary. My job is 100% commission. And this thread takes 30% of my work time! hahaha..... I love it!
thecossio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #788
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,400
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecossio View Post
I don't have a salary. My job is 100% commission. And this thread takes 30% of my work time! hahaha..... I love it!
lol yeaaa i prob been spending more than enough time on this damn forum lolz..
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #789
Vigorous
First Lieutenant
 
Vigorous's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas

Posts: 370
iTrader: (3)

refresh is your friend.
__________________
2007 Montego Blue 335i Coupe / VRSF Downpipes / ETS Intercooler / Injen Intake / Alufelgen SF-71 Hyperblack / Orion V4 Angel Eyes / Aero Lip / M3 Side Skirts / CSL Trunk / Roof Spoiler / HID 3000k Fogs / Painted Shadowline Trim / Lowering Perches
Vigorous is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #790
BabyEater
( o )( o )
 
BabyEater's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E93 Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston/Katy

Posts: 131
iTrader: (1)

I'd like to make it tomorrow, but I guess have to wait until next month to meet some of ya'll and check out the rides. Have FD training all day and then the Pacman fight afterwards...
BabyEater is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #791
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
 
IancoleTX's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA

Posts: 3,041
iTrader: (13)

hahah it's busy in here you guys, I like it.

which one of youse guys has the 19s laying around that I need for my new ride?

also thinking rolling the frontier to C&C tomorrow, where is it?
__________________
2011 135i 6MT - Alpine White / Savannah Beige
IancoleTX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #792
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,400
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IancoleTX View Post
hahah it's busy in here you guys, I like it.

which one of youse guys has the 19s laying around that I need for my new ride?

also thinking rolling the frontier to C&C tomorrow, where is it?
vintage park....

i wana go but my shit is dirty too and im to lazy to wash it haha.
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST