E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Official Minnesota Chat Thread (#2)

01-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #45
BrianMN
Colonel

Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Oh My God. That's worse than my car was the first time we all met at Imola!
      01-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #46
ajvee
Major

Drives: None

Such a pity that you have to turn it in, I might have given you another shot against the M in the summer
      01-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #47
Jred22
Meat Puppet

Drives: 07 Jet Black 335i e92

Garage List
Hey guys, my lease on my 08 335i e90 ends soon, I'm looking to get into a 07 or 08 335i e92 w/ 30k + miles. Anyone have any leads or a good dealership in the midwest i should be talking to? So far i found decent options in Chitown but that's about it.
Jred22 is offline   United_States
      01-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #48
IRL-MN
Major

Drives: '13 F30, '89 E30, '84 E24 Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Check out my new two-tone exterior!

Nick
tut tut Nick, that looks like more than one days salt build up to me
IRL-MN is offline   United_States
      01-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #49
IRL-MN
Major

Drives: '13 F30, '89 E30, '84 E24 Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred22 View Post
Hey guys, my lease on my 08 335i e90 ends soon, I'm looking to get into a 07 or 08 335i e92 w/ 30k + miles. Anyone have any leads or a good dealership in the midwest i should be talking to? So far i found decent options in Chitown but that's about it.
Nick's is off lease this month, maybe you should try and snag that?!
IRL-MN is offline   United_States
      01-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #50
ajvee
Major

Quote:
+1 on considering Nick's car. He didn't even drive it in the winter I think.
      01-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #51
Jred22
Meat Puppet

Garage List
It's looking like Nick's car is too good for me .
My options are as follows, both are about the same price, opinions appreciated...

1. Jet black/ black dakota leather. Prem, Sport. 60k miles, will have a non bmw warranty for 36 months, 36k miles.
The car is in great condition, 1 owner, serviced at the same dealership, better condition than most i saw with half the miles. I really like the jet black, would like to murder it out.

2. Tiag/ black dakota leather. Prem, Sport. 40k miles, CPO.
Haven't seen this car in person yet, 2 owners, carfax shows a crash but it obviously couldn't have been too bad if they CPO'd it a year later.
I'm okay with the color, i think it will grow on me, but i was more set on AW, or JetBlack.

So those are my options, like i said, they're about the same price. I'll likely be getting one of the two this weekend. Pour on the opinions.
      01-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #52
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Oh My God. That's worse than my car was the first time we all met at Imola!
Brian, it is depressing. It kills me that this car is so dirty

Nick
Nick.CBR is offline   United_States
      01-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #53
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
tut tut Nick, that looks like more than one days salt build up to me
EaEARARRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Gary, you wern't supposed to see that pic but I had to do it just to show that even a clean freak can't always win in this weather. I took the lady down to The Marquette hotel for New Years and the roads were being heavily salted due to the ice build up. Let's just say, it was a white knuckle experience driving that car with summer tires. I mean there was NOTHING there traction wise. Dumb on my part, I'll admit, but I really wanted to take the car out for our last date before I return her

Nick
      01-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #54
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
+1 on considering Nick's car. He didn't even drive it in the winter I think.
haha, very funny, Anvar. Although for the most part, the car hardly saw bad roads.

Nick
      01-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #55
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
It's looking like Nick's car is too good for me .
My options are as follows, both are about the same price, opinions appreciated...

1. Jet black/ black dakota leather. Prem, Sport. 60k miles, will have a non bmw warranty for 36 months, 36k miles.
The car is in great condition, 1 owner, serviced at the same dealership, better condition than most i saw with half the miles. I really like the jet black, would like to murder it out.

2. Tiag/ black dakota leather. Prem, Sport. 40k miles, CPO.
Haven't seen this car in person yet, 2 owners, carfax shows a crash but it obviously couldn't have been too bad if they CPO'd it a year later.
I'm okay with the color, i think it will grow on me, but i was more set on AW, or JetBlack.

So those are my options, like i said, they're about the same price. I'll likely be getting one of the two this weekend. Pour on the opinions.
The silver one sounds good and if it was CPO, then it probably got a bumper painted. My carfax will show a crash as well (I backed into a pole at 1100 miles). According to the dealer, to be CPO, it can only have a max. of one panel painted (and probably be under some monitary (sp) level of damage).

I'd probably rather have CPO over the 3rd party warranty. CPO is straight up BMW and if there are issues, there will be no question if the car will get fixed or not. There is something to be said about a car that's only had one owner and all the records are spot on. Tough call. I think the main issue is the HPFP which is obviously not a worry due to the factory warr. no matter what.

I'd really go over the CPO car with a fine tooth comb. Are either of these cars online so we can take a look?

Nick

EDIT: one more thing, if you can get some images or point us to what you're looking at, it's a good thing. Everyone here is passionate about these cars and know what to look for in a good BMW. I only really know about E9x cars but I know Gary has been around BMW's all his life and is also on his third E90x

Last edited by Nick.CBR; 01-03-2011 at 09:57 PM.
      01-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #56
Jred22
Meat Puppet

Garage List
Quote:
The silver one sounds good and if it was CPO, then it probably got a bumper painted. My carfax will show a crash as well (I backed into a pole at 1100 miles). According to the dealer, to be CPO, it can only have a max. of one panel painted (and probably be under some monitary (sp) level of damage).

I'd probably rather have CPO over the 3rd party warranty. CPO is straight up BMW and if there are issues, there will be no question if the car will get fixed or not. There is something to be said about a car that's only had one owner and all the records are spot on. Tough call. I think the main issue is the HPFP which is obviously not a worry due to the factory warr. no matter what.

I'd really go over the CPO car with a fine tooth comb. Are either of these cars online so we can take a look?

Nick

EDIT: one more thing, if you can get some images or point us to what you're looking at, it's a good thing. Everyone here is passionate about these cars and know what to look for in a good BMW. I only really know about E9x cars but I know Gary has been around BMW's all his life and is also on his third E90x
Here is the Tiag one...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Here is the black one, no pics...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
      01-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #57
BrianMN
Colonel

Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Part of me really thinks Tiag is a very dull or mom-ish color. It seems so bland, not stylish nor badass unless it's complemented with tint/wheels/trim/diffusor. So my vote goes for the Black one. Lower miles is good, and you can get a 3rd party warranty when the time comes. Black E92s sure look good too
      01-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #58
BSME90
Captain

Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [4.50]
I'm with Brian with the blandness of Tiag. However, it could be a good thing so your car isn't so attention-getting. Why are you not keeping your 335 e90?
BSME90 is offline   Philippines
      01-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #59
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
I'd need to see pics of the black one.

How do these cars look when you look down the side? With the silver one, any panels not seem to match? No front plate holes (plus) and cold weather (plus). How are the tires on each one? Those run flats suck aside from the fact they won't go flat (they are expensive as hell as you know).

Nick
      01-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #60
Jred22
Meat Puppet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Part of me really thinks Tiag is a very dull or mom-ish color. It seems so bland, not stylish nor badass unless it's complemented with tint/wheels/trim/diffusor. So my vote goes for the Black one. Lower miles is good, and you can get a 3rd party warranty when the time comes. Black E92s sure look good too
I will be modding whichever one i get, matte black v710's (already on the e90), tint, matte grills, lowered, aero lip, just to start. The black one has the higher miles and the 3rd part warranty, the silver with the lower miles and the CPO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
I'm with Brian with the blandness of Tiag. However, it could be a good thing so your car isn't so attention-getting. Why are you not keeping your 335 e90?
Lease is up on the e90, and i'm falling for the looks of the e92. And i don't need the extra two doors.

Quote:
I'd need to see pics of the black one.

How do these cars look when you look down the side? With the silver one, any panels not seem to match? No front plate holes (plus) and cold weather (plus). How are the tires on each one? Those run flats suck aside from the fact they won't go flat (they are expensive as hell as you know).

Nick
I can only speak for the black one, because i haven't seen the Tiag in person. The black one is in phenomena shape, a few little sratches as scuffs, and the interior is damn near flawless, you'd never know it has 60k miles on it.
      01-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #61
ajvee
Major

I would still make a push for Nick's car, because of the condition.

Given the current weather and his car being RWD, there is a very good chance, the dealer might come close to the price of these other cars.

Of the two that you've posted, I would go for the black one for sure. The TIAG one is way too bland. The one owner aspect is also very attractive for the black one.
      01-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #62
Jred22
Meat Puppet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
I would still make a push for Nick's car, because of the condition.

Given the current weather and his car being RWD, there is a very good chance, the dealer might come close to the price of these other cars.

Of the two that you've posted, I would go for the black one for sure. The TIAG one is way too bland. The one owner aspect is also very attractive for the black one.
I'll certainly keep an open mind about Nick's car, however i've been looking for awhile and i've seen a big price gap in '07s with prem/sport, and loaded 08's as you would expect.

Yeah the black one really has my eye, love the color, love the condition it's in, just worried a little about the miles.
      01-04-2011, 12:38 AM   #63
prelude2perfect
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

I'd go for the black one. 36k mile warranty would be the biggest reason. It might have 20k more miles but with all the problems these cars have I would go for the one under a longer warranty. Plus it's a one owner and the color you want.

'07 6MT Sports Package l RB Turbos l JB4 G5 l AA IC, CP, BOV l Modified Injen DCI l M2 Dual 3" Exhaust l Raceland DP's l Addicted to Meth
      01-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #64
Jred22
Meat Puppet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect View Post
I'd go for the black one. 36k mile warranty would be the biggest reason. It might have 20k more miles but with all the problems these cars have I would go for the one under a longer warranty. Plus it's a one owner and the color you want.
The silver one has CPO warranty, is the CPO not that great?
      01-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #65
Nick.CBR
Lieutenant Colonel

CPO is where it's at IMO. FYI: E92s require a slightly different offset in the rear for proper fitment.

Nick
      01-04-2011, 01:38 AM   #66
Jred22
Meat Puppet

Garage List
Quote:
CPO is where it's at IMO. FYI: E92s require a slightly different offset in the rear for proper fitment.

Nick
I've been thinking about that, it should be pretty close with my et34 v710's...