E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > [FREE Meetup Sunday 6/8 @ 11am] Central NJ meetup and mods + Sonic happy hour run

06-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335 e90

[FREE Meetup Sunday 6/8 @ 11am] Central NJ meetup and mods + Sonic happy hour run

PLEASE READ THIS TOP POST FIRST

Hi All,

So it's nice weather out again and I'm interested in doing another meet up in central NJ this Sunday starting at 11am. Part way thru the day, we will probably make a run to the local Sonic in Edison NJ to catch the 2p-4p happy hour for a refreshment break.

The meet up event is listed here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=995208

I'd like to get a listing of folks who would be free to come out to the Woodbridge, NJ (07095) area (I'm directly behind the Woodbridge mall).

CALL ME FROM ROW 39 near Dicks Sporting Goods. I'll come grab you.

Items I'm looking to help people with is:
1) JB4 install/removal + USB cable to glove box
2) Comfort Access key fob battery replacement (I just ordered a 20 pack of batteries on amazon)
3) Car Battery replacement + registration w/smooth1's free software (plan with me in advance)
4) Rear fog light lego mod
5) JB4 Integrated boost --> ISO boost diode clipping + firmware update
6) DCI install/removal
7) HVAC cabin filter replacement
8) Tint protector install (http://www.tintprotector.com/bmw/)
9) Plus much more, just ask and I can probably help you with it

I do all of this for free and no one is ever asked for any money. All I ask is you try to bring a folding chair since I often run out of chairs for people to chill around. The idea of the meet up is for you to do your own mods and we help each other out in teaching how to do things to take the mystery out of modding.

I have my own coding cable and laptop, but I have no idea how to do coding or Alpina flashing. I don't have a BT cable... but I do have a backup power source to hook onto your car jump points if you want to flash your ecu (BMS backend flash).

If BluRock can make it, I'm going to see if we can figure out how to fix the dreaded broken Bi-xenon up/down leveling servo when you have a hard impact. The idea being if we are lucky it just pop'ed off the servo and u can just press it back into place.

More involved items I've done are replacing my headlight ballast, HID fogs, LED AE's, and D1S bulb replacement.

Will Attend:
1) Fazman - Hosting this meet up @ 11a
2) K20soldier - Read DME codes, clean DCI, coding?
3) Njprince0226 + friend - Watch and learn
4) Giovanino79 - Watch and learn
5) PichaDis11 - Rear view mirror, watch and learn
6) westchester335i - Inspect CP (o ring), USB cable to glove box
7) smithe90 + friend - prefers Saturday - offering help with coding/flashing??
8) imflyerthanyou - Helping out.
9) Focus - Watch and learn
10) blazex4 - Selling parts + Watch and learn
11) moonsin - Interested in Lego mod + offering coding help
12) BluRock - Fix broken bi-xenon servo + watch and learn
13) Infamy - BMS oil cooler temp bypass (not sure if we can do the Meth kit)
14) chilled_fire - Watch and learn
15) Parth317 - USB Cable to glove box and Charge pipe (will have to see about CP)
16) E92_demon - battery registration
17) parksjm7 - Helping/teaching other about the Spring trick for wastegates???
18) trixdout - Watch and learn
19) 1fastgsrturbo + friend - USB to glove box plus data log
20) STepeci - Watch and Learn
21)

Maybe:
1)
2)
3)

Would love to for a future meetup:
1) pharoh
2) loganlarue
3) 330xtrai
4)
5)

- Faz

Last edited by fazman; 06-08-2014 at 08:49 AM.
fazman is offline   United_States
      06-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #2
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Please respond in this thread with:
1) Day you prefer (Saturday or Sunday)
2) Mod you would like done or if you plan to just watch and learn
3) Head count, is it just you or are you bringing a friend (please bring folding chairs).

As people respond I will update the first post so all the latest and greatest details should be in post #1 always.
      06-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
K20soldier
Private First Class

Drives: 09 328i xdrive Space Grey 4dr

I'm in Faz! I prefer Sunday but Saturday afternoon may work. I need my dci cleaned and my codes read. Plus I need the euro hazards coded again.
      06-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
Njprince0226
Lieutenant

Drives: E90

Me and a friend are in to chill either day you decide to choose. Most likely just coming to chill meet some people and learn some things.
      06-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
Giovanino79
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09 335i X-drive coupe

Smile

Fazman,
I am down, Saturday would prob work better for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Hi All,

So it's nice weather out again and I'm interested in doing another meet up around central NJ this weekend (still trying to figure out between Saturday or Sunday). Part way thru the day, we will probably make a run to the local Sonic in Edison NJ to catch the 2p-4p happy hour for a refreshment break.

I'd like to get a listing of folks who would be free to come out to the Woodbridge, NJ (07095) area (I'm directly behind the Woodbridge mall).

Items I'm looking to help people with is:
1) JB4 install/removal + USB cable to glove box
2) Comfort Access key fob battery replacement (I just ordered a 20 pack of batteries on amazon)
3) Car Battery replacement + registration w/smooth1's free software (plan with me in advance)
4) Rear fog light lego mod
5) JB4 Integrated boost --> ISO boost diode clipping + firmware update
6) DCI install/removal
7) HVAC cabin filter replacement
8) Tint protector install (http:www.tintprotector.com/bmw///)
9) Plus much more, just ask and I can probably help you with it

I do all of this for free and no one is ever asked for any money. All I ask is you try to bring a folding chair since I often run out of chairs for people to chill around. The idea of the meet up is for you to do your own mods and we help each other out in teaching how to do things to take the mystery out of modding.

I have my own coding cable and laptop, but I have no idea how to do coding or Alpina flashing. I don't have a BT cable... but I do have a backup power source to hook onto your car jump points if you want to flash your ecu (BMS backend flash).

If BluRock can make it, I'm going to see if we can figure out how to fix the dreaded broken Bi-xenon up/down leveling servo when you have a hard impact. The idea being if we are lucky it just pop'ed off the servo and u can just press it back into place.

More involved items I've done are replacing my headlight ballast, HID fogs, LED AE's, and D1S bulb replacement.

Will Attend:
1) Fazman - prefers Sunday - <Item I want done>
2) Giovanino79 - Prefers Saturday Interested in < 1) JB4 install/removal + USB cable to glove box 2) Comfort Access key fob battery replacement 4) Rear fog light lego mod 5) JB4 Integrated boost --> ISO boost diode clipping + firmware update 6) DCI install/removal 7) HVAC cabin filter replacement

Maybe:
1)
2)
3)

Would love to for a future meetup:
1)
2)
3)

- Faz
Giovanino79 is offline   United_States
      06-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
PichaDis11
Captain

Drives: 08 328i

1: Sunday!
2: AutoDimming Mirror Retrofit plus help, watch and learn.
3: Just me - I'll sit on the grass thou
PichaDis11 is offline   United_States
      06-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #7
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20soldier View Post
I'm in Faz! I prefer Sunday but Saturday afternoon may work. I need my dci cleaned and my codes read. Plus I need the euro hazards coded again.
Hey man... long time no see... The DCI cleaning will take some time because you need to wash out the cones and then let them air dry. Are you okay with bringing your stock air box+filter and we can toss that on until I can clean the cones for you? Do you have a K&N cone cleaning kit... if not I'll see how much I have remaining of my old kit (I might need you to pitch in for a new cleaning kit tho or bring one of your own).

I don't know how to do the coding, but your more than welcome to use my cable and laptop. I think Ray helped you last time with the coding?

I've added you to the top post.

Last edited by fazman; 06-03-2014 at 02:53 PM.
      06-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #8
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njprince0226 View Post
Me and a friend are in to chill either day you decide to choose. Most likely just coming to chill meet some people and learn some things.
Awesome! I've added you to the top post.
      06-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #9
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanino79 View Post
Fazman,
I am down, Saturday would prob work better for me.
Awesome! I've added you to the top thread.
      06-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #10
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
1: Sunday!
2: AutoDimming Mirror Retrofit plus help, watch and learn.
3: Just me - I'll sit on the grass thou
Hey good friend! looks like I'll be coming to your neck of the woods starting next month... I've added you to the top post.

so what's this about a rear view mirror? have your thought about doing the radar detector stealth display mod for the rear view mirror. It seems like it would be a cool add on. Do you already have a replacement/donor mirror? Does the mirror have home link? I've also heard you can retrofit the auto high beam assist if you get the correct rear view mirror???

What about the tint protector?

Last edited by fazman; 06-03-2014 at 02:50 PM.
      06-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #11
westchester335i
Private First Class

Drives: 335i

Hello,

I believe my CP needs a oring and is not installed proper as I am FBO and not boosting past 10 PSI. I also have the USB cable for the JB4 that needs to be installed

Can anyone help me with these two items? Drinks at sonic will be on me

Thanks and Sunday works perfect for me.
      06-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by westchester335i View Post
Hello,

I believe my CP needs a oring and is not installed proper as I am FBO and not boosting past 10 PSI. I also have the USB cable for the JB4 that needs to be installed

Can anyone help me with these two items? Drinks at sonic will be on me

Thanks and Sunday works perfect for me.
I personally haven't removed/replaced the CP on my own, but I have heard it's common to break/lose the o ring on the CP. I've heard the simple solution is to get a USED oil filter o ring and it is an exact match for the CP o ring. I'm sure we can route the usb to the glove box for you. We can diag your boost issue to see if we can figure it out with some online research once we pull any codes or data log. Not building enough boost could be any number of causes.

Last edited by fazman; 06-03-2014 at 02:56 PM.
      06-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #13
westchester335i
Private First Class

Quote:
I personally haven't removed/replaced the CP on my own, but I have heard it's common to break/lose the o ring on the CP. I've heard the simple solution is to get a USED oil filter o ring and it is an exact match for the CP o ring. I'm sure we can route the usb to the glove box for you.

I have a brand new oring sitting in my glove box. Would you say it would be a tough task for us to take it apart/reinstall?

I also think my DCI might be installed wrong. This leak started happening after the dealer replaced my HPFP sensor and they had my DCI/CP off.
      06-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #14
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
I have a brand new oring sitting in my glove box. Would you say it would be a tough task for us to take it apart/reinstall?

I also think my DCI might be installed wrong. This leak started happening after the dealer replaced my HPFP sensor and they had my DCI/CP off.
Let's take it slowly one step at a time. I would prefer to diag, then check the DCI, and last we will check the CP. I don't think it's hard to do... just requires patience and care when following DIY write ups the first time. Also I want to set the expectations with you that I haven't done that CP mod yet and it will be a little bit of a learning curve on your car.
      06-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #15
westchester335i
Private First Class

Quote:
Let's take it slowly one step at a time. I would prefer to diag, then check the DCI, and last we will check the CP. I don't think it's hard to do... just requires patience and care when following DIY write ups the first time. Also I want to set the expectations with you that I haven't done that CP mod yet and it will be a little bit of a learning curve on your car.
Thats ok we both gonna learn.

What time does this usually start/end?
      06-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #16
PichaDis11
Captain

Drives: 08 328i

Quote:
Hey good friend! looks like I'll be coming to your neck of the woods starting next month... I've added you to the top post.

so what's this about a rear view mirror? have your thought about doing the radar detector stealth display mod for the rear view mirror. It seems like it would be a cool add on. Do you already have a replacement/donor mirror? Does the mirror have home link? I've also heard you can retrofit the auto high beam assist if you get the correct rear view mirror???

What about the tint protector?
I'll be welcoming you to the area with open arms! (More meets in NY of course )

The rear view mirror issue: I will be replacing with a autodimming mirror I bought from a member here. I'm hoping the autodim feature will atleast help with driving at night with these HID-in-halogen- housings SUVs driving behind. The mirror has Homelink and compass features. Mirror I have is the manual. The mirrors with auto high beam assist is a rather expensive one, def not looking to pay 600 bucks for that. I clickity the stalk myself hahahaha

I haven't gave thought much on getting a radar detector at all.

Now the tint protector, we still have to do it. winter is over so let's start a group buy or whatever and have it done. I need my tints done. (Pretty please)

Last edited by PichaDis11; 06-03-2014 at 04:01 PM.
PichaDis11 is offline   United_States
      06-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #17
smithe90
I've been around

Drives: 07 328xi w/ LCI

Send a message via AIM to smithe90
Love how helpful you are. I might be able to come on saturday. I can bring my coding stuff and do Alpina flash if anyone wants it. Mainly just want to chill and help other people out.

Probably will be just me or me and one buddy.

2007 328xi - M3 LCI Rep Front, LCI Hood, M3 Trunk Lip, 18' F30 397 Rims, Muffler Delete, ECS Geomet Rotors, Brushed Steel Vinyl, Full CIC Retrofit
smithe90 is offline   United_States
      06-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #18
deeLow
Private First Class

Drives: AW 335xi

Is this going to be happening at your house?
      06-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #19
imflyerthanyou
President

Drives: E92 335i

fazzy phants , Sunday
imflyerthanyou is offline   United_States
      06-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #20
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Thats ok we both gonna learn.

What time does this usually start/end?
I try to have people come out around 11am so we can start work on whoever gets in first, but it usually goes on until your girlfriend/wife/mom calls u to come back home I've gone on until it's dark out and we were still doing stuff using LED flash lights to see stuff
      06-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #21
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
I'll be welcoming you to the area with open arms! (More meets in NY of course )

The rear view mirror issue: I will be replacing with a autodimming mirror I bought from a member here. I'm hoping the autodim feature will atleast help with driving at night with these HID-in-halogen- housings SUVs driving behind. The mirror has Homelink and compass features. Mirror I have is the manual. The mirrors with auto high beam assist is a rather expensive one, def not looking to pay 600 bucks for that. I clickity the stalk myself hahahaha

I haven't gave thought much on getting a radar detector at all.

Now the tint protector, we still have to do it. winter is over so let's start a group buy or whatever and have it done. I need my tints done. (Pretty please)
Hey what is that i see in your sig saying something about a 6FL retrofit??

Even if you don't get a radar detector... there is big money in doing that radar detector in the mirror install for people. You can send out this mirror in your hand with the radar detector display installed, then have them send you the old mirror to mod for the next guy! cha-ching!

Once i show you how to pop out the weather strips... the rest is easy for the tint protector install.
      06-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #22
fazman
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithe90 View Post
Love how helpful you are. I might be able to come on saturday. I can bring my coding stuff and do Alpina flash if anyone wants it. Mainly just want to chill and help other people out.

Probably will be just me or me and one buddy.
You should message PichaDis11, he is also coming out from your neck of the woods. Maybe you can meet up somewhere along the way to roll together since he knows how to get here.

Dude that would be awesome... I lost some coding on my car when the dealer did an update... plus I should really learn how to do that stuff.