E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Reputable southern NJ shop that will fix a short/stubborn custom headlights PLS HELP

01-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #1
Quinnhogue7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Reputable southern NJ shop that will fix a short/stubborn custom headlights PLS HELP

So my roommate has a 2007 six series with custom black out headlights that are giving us a hard time. At first I thought it was just the bulbs so we went ahead and switch them and luckily one side, the drivers side lit up fine. The other side, passenger side, I went through the motions of illiminating different things and came to the conclusion that it was the ballast. We replace the ballast and the headlight lit up fine. So when I got the drivers side headlight working with just the bulb, in between that and waiting for the ballast for passenger light, the driver bulb must have blew out. So, After getting the passenger headlight running with the ballast Wednesday night, Thursday morning I began to change the bulb on drivers side and before I could even get that going to passenger light wouldn't light up, not even power going to it, license plate light was flickering and the bulb change for the drivers side didn't work.

At this point, as you can imagine, we are quite frustrated with this and really just want to take it somewhere where they can test the voltage on the headlight harness etc. and let us know if the headlights are salvageable or if it's not the headlights at all and a short somewhere else in the car. We are located right outside Atlantic City and want to get this sorted out sooner rather than later.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #2
Quinnhogue7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Anyone?
Appreciate 0