E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Kitty in lucky escape shocker.

01-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

Kitty in lucky escape shocker.

Hmmm.

So last night I decide its time to worm poor, defenceless and very cute little Luca the cat. I read the packet.... I'm pretty sure it said 'weigh the cat, the pop some tablets in his food' and so I did.

Woke up this morning and no morning kitty greeting. I went downstairs to find him and I hear a bump.... I check... he's on the floor swishing his tail about near the sofa. I assume he is playing with some fluff or something and wander off.... crash... and the cat flies into the kitchen sideways, drags himself across the floor and collapses under his favourite chair.....

I shit myself and picked him up right away. Checked him for lumps, bumps, lesions, cuts and bruises etc - nothing. Emergency Vet sounds worried and tells me to head to bradford.... last thing before I left I remember to take the packet of worming tabs just in case, but I was sure his days were numbered.

Anyway a quick check later and a look at the box and he is apparently allergic to a certain kind of wormer. He's been sleepy and unsteady all day, but he's recovering now. I prob gave him half a tab too much for his weight, but with the dose at 5 tablets... that's only 10% too much. The vet thinks it was an allergy and not my fault.... but Dammmmmn I feel guilty!!!

Poor little Luca.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
I335
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Great catch! I love animals and I can certainly relate to how you must have felt. Good to hear the little guy is recovering. How old is he?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
Glad he is on the mend mate. Saw a vet program the other day where an owner stuck dog flea stuff on their cat by mistake they licked it too much and made it very Ill with seizures for 3 days but made a full recovery thankfully. Happens alot apprently.
      01-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

Harsh stuff is pet medicine. He is only 8 so should have many years ahead I hope!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
DavS1
Major
Scotland
Rep

Drives: Emfree

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
oops! I think it makes you panick more as you have no idea what's going on at the time as obviously the kitty can't talk to tell you what he's feeling! Shame you tried to do something for the good but it ended up going wrong, glad he's ok