E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #3587
Konnectid
New Member
 
Drives: 08'-335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Torrance,Ca.

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

does anyone know where i could get the last version of CobbAccessPort...v.203
I think it was ...I heared that it had a pretty aggressive throttle response as apposed to the new v.301
Konnectid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #3588
Konnectid
New Member
 
Drives: 08'-335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Torrance,Ca.

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

otherwise, can anyone recomend one that would be a fun street map for v301
Konnectid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #3589
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Stage 2+ FMIC Aggresive ST.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #3590
cleex024
Major
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia Beach

Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWsky View Post
There is no difference at WOT, it's just where you feel the boost kick in. On the street, stock is a lot of fun but on the track linear is almost a must. For me, it's almost impossible to modulate the throttle at the track with the stock map as it feels like an on/off switch.
thats what i thought too but i dont think so...even if i floor it with linear throttle you just dont get that thrust like you do with stock throttle.

now that i have tried both of the throttle maps there is no comparison...there is more power in stock throttle at least it peaks quicker.
__________________
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
cleex024 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #3591
rader1
Banned
 
Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

Posts: 2,197
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
thats what i thought too but i dont think so...even if i floor it with linear throttle you just dont get that thrust like you do with stock throttle.

now that i have tried both of the throttle maps there is no comparison...there is more power in stock throttle at least it peaks quicker.
You're 100% right. I've read several times that WOT is same regardless of throttle, that's BS. WOT stock is more powerful than WOT linear
rader1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #3592
Streetsweeper360
Banned
 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
You're 100% right. I've read several times that WOT is same regardless of throttle, that's BS. WOT stock is more powerful than WOT linear
Tested both maps doing pulls and st pulls ,and makes more power 100%!
Streetsweeper360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #3593
Streetsweeper360
Banned
 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemanse92 View Post
For some reason I can never get this right. What is the proper way to take logs? Is it just Wot from 3>4 then stop before going to 5th? Or just the entier WOT run until deceleration? I'm trying to get a good log so I can post it up or send to COBB for their opinion and also get an accurate virtual dyno. Excuse the MSPAINT 3rd grade looks but all my logs come out like this
Rotfl!!!hahahahhaha
Streetsweeper360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #3594
Streetsweeper360
Banned
 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemanse92 View Post
I know i know....but im serious!
Cobb has a vid on how to log !! Watch it in their site !Rhats was funny .
Streetsweeper360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #3595
Streetsweeper360
Banned
 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemanse92 View Post
I did..it only shows how to use the data log function. Not how to physically do it. nvm
YouTube ha vids too ,search for some !
Streetsweeper360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #3596
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Posts: 1,667
iTrader: (2)

Gonna try out stage 2+ at the drag strip tomorrow night. Is there really an adaptation period after flashing? I want to try both stock and linear throttle.

I don't care for my ET's since I know my 60fts are going to be garbage thanks to my current tires, I'm just interested in the trap speed...
RnmEvo9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #3597
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

WOT at third gear and if you choose go all the way to fifth.

I only do third and shift into fourth and stop as I don't have enough road to do it safely on where I do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
Gonna try out stage 2+ at the drag strip tomorrow night. Is there really an adaptation period after flashing? I want to try both stock and linear throttle.

I don't care for my ET's since I know my 60fts are going to be garbage thanks to my current tires, I'm just interested in the trap speed...
Ian say its best to drive for 50 miles to fully adapt after a re-flash + ecu reset.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #3598
Streetsweeper360
Banned
 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
WOT at third gear and if you choose go all the way to fifth.

I only do third and shift into fourth and stop as I don't have enough road to do it safely on where I do it.




Ian say its best to drive for 50 miles to fully adapt after a re-flash + ecu reset.


No need to reset the ecu after you reflash ,it's clears all the dtcs !
Streetsweeper360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #3599
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetsweeper360 View Post
No need to reset the ecu after you reflash ,it's clears all the dtcs !
What is the dtcs anyway, was always curious.

I may have mis-interpreted what Ian told me but I swear he said it was advisable to reset ecu as well after a map change.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #3600
Streetsweeper360
Banned
 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
What is the dtcs anyway, was always curious.

I may have mis-interpreted what Ian told me but I swear he said it was advisable to reset ecu as well after a map change.
Clears adaptions and codes.
Streetsweeper360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #3601
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetsweeper360 View Post
Clears adaptions and codes.
ah ok cool
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #3602
805beemer
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lompoc, CA

Posts: 576
iTrader: (3)

DTC stands for Diagnostic Trouble Code
805beemer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #3603
Streetsweeper360
Banned
 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
ah ok cool
How your liking your Cobb over the jb4??
Streetsweeper360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #3604
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetsweeper360 View Post
How your liking your Cobb over the jb4??
I was using procede and so far so good - I like the smoothness of it in comparison. I did a review on the aussie sub forum in 1addicts of what I think between the two.

Of course it helps that I don't need to go to the ECU compartment so frequently, a lot of wear and tear in there from the constant installing and uninstalling
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 03:19 AM   #3605
Streetsweeper360
Banned
 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I was using procede and so far so good - I like the smoothness of it in comparison. I did a review on the aussie sub forum in 1addicts of what I think between the two.

Of course it helps that I don't need to go to the ECU compartment so frequently, a lot of wear and tear in there from the constant installing and uninstalling
Nice man,did you a difference in power gains ?
Streetsweeper360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 03:22 AM   #3606
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetsweeper360 View Post
Nice man,did you a difference in power gains ?
I definitely felt a difference in the mid range since COBB peaks at 18psi where as the procede aggressive maps doesn't go that high.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 03:46 AM   #3607
Streetsweeper360
Banned
 
Drives: 135 I
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ARound!

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I definitely felt a difference in the mid range since COBB peaks at 18psi where as the procede aggressive maps doesn't go that high.
Did you try proceeds new aggressive maps ( like the Cobb high boost) ?? Love how proceed try's to compare those maps to the Cobb stage 2 +.
Streetsweeper360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #3608
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetsweeper360 View Post
Did you try proceeds new aggressive maps ( like the Cobb high boost) ?? Love how proceed try's to compare those maps to the Cobb stage 2 +.
Yes thus I said the aggressive maps. Which are the new ones.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST