E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #5721
Jason@Cobb
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 535Xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
Get yourself some DP's, an intercooler, and intake and you can experience it.
^^ ^^


You won't ever look back!
Jason@Cobb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #5722
BlueBimmer
Enthusiast
 
BlueBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA

Posts: 272
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Cobb View Post
^^ ^^


You won't ever look back!
Working on an intake - need to keep car as close to stock as possible so I can still take it in for warranty visits.
BlueBimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #5723
enrita
Major General
 
enrita's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

Posts: 7,323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
Working on an intake - need to keep car as close to stock as possible so I can still take it in for warranty visits.
Intake gives nothing at those powerlevels. A dealer wont spot an ic just by doing an oil change.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
enrita is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #5724
max_k20
Bavarian Love
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 154
iTrader: (0)

Are stg1 sport and agressive coming out as 4.02 too ? I'm pretty sure I do have oscillations on stg1 agressive and a little less on sport
__________________
2009 E92 335xi - MT6 - Black Sapphire Met - Coral Red Leather - Sport & Cold Weather Pkg - VMR VB3 Gunmetal - Black Grilles - Aero Lip - CF Trunk Spoiler - LUX Angel Eyes V4 - BMS CDV & Clutch Stop - BMS Cowl Filters - BMS OCC - RD Front Strut Brace - COBB AP V3 - COBB Catback Exhaust - Injen DCI - BW Little Nicky - Daily Driven
max_k20 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #5725
COBB Tuning
Major
 
COBB Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_k20 View Post
Are stg1 sport and agressive coming out as 4.02 too ? I'm pretty sure I do have oscillations on stg1 agressive and a little less on sport
Do you have any logs?

Logging WGDC after PID and WGDC Bank1 would show if there are any boost oscillations (or rule them out).

-Josh
COBB Tuning is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #5726
max_k20
Bavarian Love
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 154
iTrader: (0)

I'm going to try to log that for you. If there is no oscillations power surging (and bogging on agressive) happen and power delivery is not always smooth. Just have to find out if bogging continue to happen as there is no check engine or nothing.
__________________
2009 E92 335xi - MT6 - Black Sapphire Met - Coral Red Leather - Sport & Cold Weather Pkg - VMR VB3 Gunmetal - Black Grilles - Aero Lip - CF Trunk Spoiler - LUX Angel Eyes V4 - BMS CDV & Clutch Stop - BMS Cowl Filters - BMS OCC - RD Front Strut Brace - COBB AP V3 - COBB Catback Exhaust - Injen DCI - BW Little Nicky - Daily Driven
max_k20 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #5727
BlueBimmer
Enthusiast
 
BlueBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA

Posts: 272
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Do you have any logs?

Logging WGDC after PID and WGDC Bank1 would show if there are any boost oscillations (or rule them out).

-Josh
I posted my logs here #5708, I am on Stage 1 agressive with 93 oct, bone stock expect for Cobb. I really don't know what oscillations should look like and on what parameter, some veterans here said they look OK though.
BlueBimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #5728
COBB Tuning
Major
 
COBB Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
I posted my logs here #5708, I am on Stage 1 agressive with 93 oct, bone stock expect for Cobb. I really don't know what oscillations should look like and on what parameter, some veterans here said they look OK though.
Definitely don't see boost oscillations in those logs. If you look at the WGDC after PID and WGDC Bank1 during WOT, your log looks very smooth for those parameters. If you were having boost oscillations, you would see those parameters fluctuating above and below their targets.

If you could capture a log of 3rd gear only from about 2000 to 6500 we can look for any other issues. Obviously we recommend doing this on a closed course since the top of 3rd gear will put you at a speed above highway limits.

-Josh
COBB Tuning is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #5729
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Definitely don't see boost oscillations in those logs. If you look at the WGDC after PID and WGDC Bank1 during WOT, your log looks very smooth for those parameters. If you were having boost oscillations, you would see those parameters fluctuating above and below their targets.

If you could capture a log of 3rd gear only from about 2000 to 6500 we can look for any other issues. Obviously we recommend doing this on a closed course since the top of 3rd gear will put you at a speed above highway limits.

-Josh
I am looking at my logs as well, but I am not sure what PID really means. I looked it up but don't quite understand, can you describe please?.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #5730
COBB Tuning
Major
 
COBB Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
I am looking at my logs as well, but I am not sure what PID really means. I looked it up but don't quite understand, can you describe please?.
A PID is a type of control system. It's basically just the type of control system that the DME uses for the WGDC. If boost oscillations are present, you will see large fluctuations when logging this parameter at WOT (when boost should be staying more or less constant). Some fluctuations are normal... large overshooting and undershooting are not.

-Josh
COBB Tuning is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #5731
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
A PID is a type of control system. It's basically just the type of control system that the DME uses for the WGDC. If boost oscillations are present, you will see large fluctuations when logging this parameter at WOT (when boost should be staying more or less constant). Some fluctuations are normal... large overshooting and undershooting are not.

-Josh
Ah, I see. Thanks
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #5732
Monster335
Private First Class
 
Drives: jet black 3 series n54 2010
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Does the P2096 and P2098 have anything to do with me running stage 2+ sport and using the bms downpipe fix?
Monster335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #5733
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster335 View Post
Does the P2096 and P2098 have anything to do with me running stage 2+ sport and using the bms downpipe fix?
Yes -- IF you aren't getting an emission test done anytime soon, take it off. It'll through off your AFRs, make the car run funny (rich or lean) and give you emissions related codes (like what you're getting)
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #5734
E92xiSS
Enlisted Member
 
E92xiSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Montego 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to E92xiSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
A little lag pre-3k is expected since you're still using the stock DPs but have increased the boost. Stage 2/Stg 2+ maps spool closer to low/mid 2k since the aftermarket DPs let the turbos spool up faster
yea but it happens even at partial throttle. it feels like the probs we used to have with earlier version 2s. linear version felt lot better though. im going to try out the 4.02 stock throttle tomorrow.
E92xiSS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #5735
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,734
iTrader: (1)

ATR - Pressure drop over IC

In ATR software. Does anyone know the relationship that "Pressure drop over IC"
has to do with the system. It is very cosertive for my IC so hoping to get some gains from a table modification.
Orb is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #5736
Monster335
Private First Class
 
Drives: jet black 3 series n54 2010
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster335 View Post
Does the P2096 and P2098 have anything to do with me running stage 2+ sport and using the bms downpipe fix?
Yes -- IF you aren't getting an emission test done anytime soon, take it off. It'll through off your AFRs, make the car run funny (rich or lean) and give you emissions related codes (like what you're getting)
Since the downpipe fix has a dialer could i turn it off instead do you recomend removing
Monster335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #5737
Carl Morris
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boulder, CO

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
In ATR software. Does anyone know the relationship that "Pressure drop over IC"
has to do with the system. It is very cosertive for my IC so hoping to get some gains from a table modification.
It appears that they reduce the boost target by that much since the turbo is having to generate the boost target PLUS the drop across the IC. The good news is that while the code caps the boost target (18psi at sea level? About 15psi at a mile high) you can get some of it back by zeroing out that table. All other tables seem to have no affect on raising the boost once you're up against the cap. So anyway, that's one way to get a little more if you want it.
Carl Morris is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #5738
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,734
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Morris View Post
It appears that they reduce the boost target by that much since the turbo is having to generate the boost target PLUS the drop across the IC. The good news is that while the code caps the boost target (18psi at sea level? About 15psi at a mile high) you can get some of it back by zeroing out that table. All other tables seem to have no affect on raising the boost once you're up against the cap. So anyway, that's one way to get a little more if you want it.
Thanks for the help. Lucky I got the flow vs pressure drop of sperco IC so will give it try. Most of the gains are at higher flow rates
Orb is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #5739
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster335 View Post
Since the downpipe fix has a dialer could i turn it off instead do you recomend removing
IIRC, the DP fix has a "strength" dial, but there is no "Off" setting. SO it's gonna have to go to make sure your car's DME isn't calibrating AFRs incorrectly
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #5740
Konnectid
New Member
 
Drives: 08'-335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Torrance,Ca.

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

I need HELP!

Hi Cobb team...
I have updated my ap to lattest update version.
I have tried installing each one of the files for a regular 335i w/o any upgrades.
Everytime I floor it to WOT my car spudders and goes in to limp mode...why?
No matter which MAP i use...my car still spudders...
I dont know what it could be...can you help?
I have an '08 335i sedan
can you tell me which ECU map to get..may be i'm using the wrong one.
also, map stage that is right for my car.
Thanks
Konnectid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #5741
enrita
Major General
 
enrita's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

Posts: 7,323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnectid View Post
Hi Cobb team...
I have updated my ap to lattest update version.
I have tried installing each one of the files for a regular 335i w/o any upgrades.
Everytime I floor it to WOT my car spudders and goes in to limp mode...why?
No matter which MAP i use...my car still spudders...
I dont know what it could be...can you help?
I have an '08 335i sedan
can you tell me which ECU map to get..may be i'm using the wrong one.
also, map stage that is right for my car.
Thanks
You can only use STAGE 1 either Drive (shitty gas) , sport (91 octane) or Aggressive (93 octane).
The AP knows which ECU you have just connect it to your pc and check "Info"... pretty freaken easy.
Also read the codes for the issue you are having.... connect AP to OBD port and go to troubleshooting. Also take some time and read/learn about how AP works. There are lots of videos and docs on cobb site about it and tons of info here.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
enrita is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #5742
Konnectid
New Member
 
Drives: 08'-335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Torrance,Ca.

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

When I first bought the AP out the box and installed it to my car it felt like
a champ! It never spuddered. Then, after all the changes to the maps and version updates...I havent been able to get what I paid for.
I even have un-installed it and taken the car in to the dealer a couple of times
thinking there was something wrong with the car. But All that they did was regular
sceduled maintenance and a couple of changes like new spark plugs, coil packs, but
according to The Dealer...the car is in great shape.
So, I don't know what to do...may be I should take to car to Cobb now that they are
in SoCal...
Konnectid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST