E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #5743
Konnectid
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 08'-335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Torrance,Ca.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
As everyone else said, make sure you are running the correct map for your car (sounds like stage 1). Let us know if you have any DTC's and we'll go from there.

-Josh
Thanks guys for your support...Ill try it out and post my findings.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #5744
E92 Ballin
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond

iTrader: (0)

Cobb AP exhaust only/93 octane map?

Just posted this in main forum but I guess I should have posted it here. My bad. Well here is my question:

I just ordered a Cobb AP and my only performance mod currently is a custom straight pipe exhaust (similar to HPF exhaust with small resonator). I also have access to 92/93 octane gas. My question is what cobb map would be best with this setup to give me the most hp and no codes?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #5745
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,677
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 Ballin View Post
Just posted this in main forum but I guess I should have posted it here. My bad. Well here is my question:

I just ordered a Cobb AP and my only performance mod currently is a custom straight pipe exhaust (similar to HPF exhaust with small resonator). I also have access to 92/93 octane gas. My question is what cobb map would be best with this setup to give me the most hp and no codes?

Thanks in advance.
If you dont have DP or FMIC, use Stage 1. I would start with S1 Sport (93 octane) run that for a day do some WOT (wide open throttle) pulls to break in the tune. Record some logs (3rd gear) and upload on here for review. If all is well move up to S1 Aggressive on 93 octane... S1 Aggressive will give you the most for your mods. Need upgraded FMIC and or DPs to go higher. See the Map section on the COBB web site.

See COBB logging thread by radar1. For DIY logging.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472


Wait a min. Your join date is Jan. 08 and two posts. Where have you been?
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 07-12-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #5746
E92 Ballin
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond

iTrader: (0)

Haha...thanks vneblob42...long time member but didn't post much (as you can see). I was just waiting for my warranty to expire. Everything before now was cosmetic but now it is time to up the HP! Thanks for the advice guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #5747
Tranic335i
Private First Class
5
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NORCAL

iTrader: (1)

Datalog Review

Finally got my Cobb AP loving it so far. I was wondering if you guys can review my datalog. Thanks in advance!





Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #5748
rader1
Banned
41
Rep
2,197
Posts

Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranic335i View Post
Finally got my Cobb AP loving it so far. I was wondering if you guys can review my datalog. Thanks in advance!
If it's not too much trouble could you post up the .csv files? Just rename the file to a .txt and attach it.

The first log looks good but I would prefer to look at it on VD to isolate a few things. Those graphs are fairly busy and I like to isolate the channels that are most important(boost, AFR, Timing and timing corrections) and look at them one at a time.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #5749
Tranic335i
Private First Class
5
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NORCAL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
If it's not too much trouble could you post up the .csv files? Just rename the file to a .txt and attach it.

The first log looks good but I would prefer to look at it on VD to isolate a few things. Those graphs are fairly busy and I like to isolate the channels that are most important(boost, AFR, Timing and timing corrections) and look at them one at a time.
As requested. Thanks again!
Attached Files
File Type: txt datalog3.txt (49.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: txt datalog4.txt (40.5 KB, 58 views)
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #5750
rader1
Banned
41
Rep
2,197
Posts

Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranic335i View Post
As requested. Thanks again!
You're having some timing corrections. The second run was better than the first, but there was still a couple corrections? Was this on the sport map?
Aside from timing corrections the logs looked good.
I recommend doing a couple more datalogs and see if the timing corrections are still there. If they are still there then you should probably try a less aggressive map, or try some 93 octane if it's available to you, OR if you have convenient access to some e85 run about a 20% mix and log again.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #5751
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
102
Rep
7,382
Posts

Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

always good to state exactly which map and version you are running...
__________________
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #5752
Tranic335i
Private First Class
5
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NORCAL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
You're having some timing corrections. The second run was better than the first, but there was still a couple corrections? Was this on the sport map?
Aside from timing corrections the logs looked good.
I recommend doing a couple more datalogs and see if the timing corrections are still there. If they are still there then you should probably try a less aggressive map, or try some 93 octane if it's available to you, OR if you have convenient access to some e85 run about a 20% mix and log again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
always good to state exactly which map and version you are running...
I'm running stage 1 sport ST. I'm from CA I was using shell vpower gas
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #5753
benzy89
Banned
United_States
33
Rep
2,396
Posts

Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranic335i View Post
I'm running stage 1 sport ST. I'm from CA I was using shell vpower gas
Get some E85 in that tank, 2-3 gallons should help eliminate the timing corrections
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #5754
Tranic335i
Private First Class
5
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NORCAL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Get some E85 in that tank, 2-3 gallons should help eliminate the timing corrections
Damn no E85 near me till dec. You think gas with 10 percent ethanol will help?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #5755
benzy89
Banned
United_States
33
Rep
2,396
Posts

Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranic335i View Post
Damn no E85 near me till dec. You think gas with 10 percent ethanol will help?
I think most pump gas across the US has ~10% ethanol. Any places you get some Race Gas (100 octane is perfectly fine)
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #5756
rader1
Banned
41
Rep
2,197
Posts

Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranic335i View Post
Damn no E85 near me till dec. You think gas with 10 percent ethanol will help?
Unfortunately, the 10% ethanol 91 octane will probably be worse. e85 is about 107 octane where 91 with 10% ethanol is still just 91 octane.

I recommend flashing over to the Drive map and see how the logs look. Give it time to adapt after flashing before logging, ofcoarse.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #5757
Tranic335i
Private First Class
5
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NORCAL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
I think most pump gas across the US has ~10% ethanol. Any places you get some Race Gas (100 octane is perfectly fine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
Unfortunately, the 10% ethanol 91 octane will probably be worse. e85 is about 107 octane where 91 with 10% ethanol is still just 91 octane.

I recommend flashing over to the Drive map and see how the logs look. Give it time to adapt after flashing before logging, ofcoarse.
Thanks for the help guys
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #5758
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,677
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranic335i View Post
Thanks for the help guys

http://e85vehicles.com/e85-stations/e85-california.html

Try this if you haven't already
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #5759
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
102
Rep
7,382
Posts

Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranic335i View Post
I'm running stage 1 sport ST. I'm from CA I was using shell vpower gas
Map version?... You failed here :-)
__________________
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #5760
Tranic335i
Private First Class
5
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NORCAL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
Map version?... You failed here :-)
Lol sorry v401
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #5761
Tranic335i
Private First Class
5
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NORCAL

iTrader: (1)

Stg 1 Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
Unfortunately, the 10% ethanol 91 octane will probably be worse. e85 is about 107 octane where 91 with 10% ethanol is still just 91 octane.

I recommend flashing over to the Drive map and see how the logs look. Give it time to adapt after flashing before logging, ofcoarse.
Just did a datalog on STG 1 drive v401 CA91. Looking better, was wondering if maybe you experts can take a look. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt datalog10.txt (30.4 KB, 84 views)
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #5762
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
Evil///M's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
787
Posts

Drives: 335i Street. E36 M3 Track.
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 719/856

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2007 335i  [4.25]
2004 Saab 9-3 Arc  [0.00]
When ever I reach maximum boost, or anything higher than 15psi I get a P30FF code. >
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #5763
Monster335
Private First Class
United_States
13
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: jet black 3 series n54 2010
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Get some E85 in that tank, 2-3 gallons should help eliminate the timing corrections
There is a Valero gas station that sells e85, so you're saying its safe to pump e85 mixed with 91 octane using cobb tune?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #5764
Lulz_M3
Banned
United_States
17
Rep
1,029
Posts

Drives: AW 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jax, Fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster335
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Get some E85 in that tank, 2-3 gallons should help eliminate the timing corrections
There is a Valero gas station that sells e85, so you're saying its safe to pump e85 mixed with 91 octane using cobb tune?
Yes, in moderation. You just need a gallon or two mixed with a full tank.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST