E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #5853
Jeef
Major
United_States
24
Rep
1,063
Posts

Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (3)

Cars been throwing codes P2AA2 P3100 P2A9F. Need some help thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #5854
dfv2
Lieutenant
dfv2's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
474
Posts

Drives: 2009 CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
Cars been throwing codes P2AA2 P3100 P2A9F. Need some help thanks.
I searched and found some probable solutions, paypal me $5 and I'll tell you




vanos..?
__________________
//ecg//
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #5855
sparkyblue
Captain
sparkyblue's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
693
Posts

Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
Log it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MTE92 View Post
You need to log LTFT's and STFT's to make sure you aren't maxing them at (34%).
I've never used the data log feature in the Cobb AP before, what are the variables that I should log?

I never bothered with data logging because my car has been running smoothly for the past year on the OTS Sport Stage 1 maps.

But now, all the buzz about the amazing properties of mixing E85 got me to want to give Aggressive a shot (as I do not have access to 93 here in Cali).
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #5856
rader1
Banned
39
Rep
2,197
Posts

Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue View Post
I've never used the data log feature in the Cobb AP before, what are the variables that I should log?

I never bothered with data logging because my car has been running smoothly for the past year on the OTS Sport Stage 1 maps.

But now, all the buzz about the amazing properties of mixing E85 got me to want to give Aggressive a shot (as I do not have access to 93 here in Cali).
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472

Use the default logging channels and be sure to have STFT and LTFT marked as logging channels.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #5857
ErvGotti
Major
29
Rep
1,230
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bury St Edmunds UK

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbill View Post
TPS is at 80, so i yes.
Timing shows 1,2,3,4,5,6 corrections col and cyl 1 actual.
Sorry I wasn't used to the format you have it in. The car seems to be running fine to me. It's definitley hot where your at and I believe thats why your only seeing 2 max degrees of timing where I'm sure agressive should be around 4, but no timing drops which is good.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #5858
Deemo
Second Lieutenant
Deemo's Avatar
5
Rep
298
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (1)

So pretty much if I want any real gains with e85 I need to stick with procede or jb4, until Cobb comes out with dedicated e85 maps?
__________________
07 E90 335i 6AT
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #5859
Carl Morris
Captain
8
Rep
650
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemo View Post
So pretty much if I want any real gains with e85 I need to stick with procede or jb4, until Cobb comes out with dedicated e85 maps?
ATR
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #5860
6MTE92
Banned
6MTE92's Avatar
0
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: E92 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemo
So pretty much if I want any real gains with e85 I need to stick with procede or jb4, until Cobb comes out with dedicated e85 maps?
You can run E85 & 91 or 93 octane blends just like PROcede and JB4, you just have to get tuned for it by paying for a protune, an etune or by making your own map using ATR.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #5861
6MTE92
Banned
6MTE92's Avatar
0
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: E92 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MTE92 View Post
Actually hes wrong, some of us are running 50:50 E85 using ATR as well
WHAT!? Do tell!!! How are your STFTs? The most I've seen is just north of about a 30% mix before the trims Max out
I'm waiting to empty this tank and I'll get some logs of 50:50. Meth helps to reduce fuel trims 👏
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #5862
Jeef
Major
United_States
24
Rep
1,063
Posts

Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfv2 View Post
I searched and found some probable solutions, paypal me $5 and I'll tell you




vanos..?
no thanks anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #5863
rader1
Banned
39
Rep
2,197
Posts

Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MTE92 View Post
I'm waiting to empty this tank and I'll get some logs of 50:50. Meth helps to reduce fuel trims 👏
Ahh, I completely over looked the HFS-4 in your sig. Meth just may have to be our saving grace until Cobb releases those fuel scaler tables. I'm contemplating a 50/50 93-e85 dyno tune....
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #5864
sparkyblue
Captain
sparkyblue's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
693
Posts

Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472

Use the default logging channels and be sure to have STFT and LTFT marked as logging channels.
I have logged a few 2nd and 3rd gear pulls. What do I look for in terms of numbers?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #5865
rader1
Banned
39
Rep
2,197
Posts

Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

You want the fuel trims to be well below 34%(Max fueling.) Most people(including me) want to see low 20s.

Save a copy of the csv as a txt and then post it up as an attachment and I'll go through the log with you.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #5866
6MTE92
Banned
6MTE92's Avatar
0
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: E92 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MTE92 View Post
I'm waiting to empty this tank and I'll get some logs of 50:50. Meth helps to reduce fuel trims 👏
Ahh, I completely over looked the HFS-4 in your sig. Meth just may have to be our saving grace until Cobb releases those fuel scaler tables. I'm contemplating a 50/50 93-e85 dyno tune....
You should be fine but expect run a fairly high concentration of meth - like 80/20.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #5867
Danny_K
Private
11
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: E90 M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Would love anyones thoughts on this log. Timing is being pulled on one cylinder. Ill check the basics, new plug and swap the coil.

I will relog to verify the one cylinder is the culpret.

Anyone see anything else odd?

...and i will turn on the fuel trims for next log. Anything else i should do?
Attached Files
File Type: zip datalog2.zip (7.0 KB, 38 views)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #5868
sparkyblue
Captain
sparkyblue's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
693
Posts

Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
You want the fuel trims to be well below 34%(Max fueling.) Most people(including me) want to see low 20s.

Save a copy of the csv as a txt and then post it up as an attachment and I'll go through the log with you.
Sweet! This is a a pull done in about 60 Degree temps, traction control completely disabled, 75% CALI 91 OCT Shell & 25% E85 Chevron.

Map has been installed for a day, with a handful (5-10) WOT pulls done, so adaptations should be set.

I started logging at a stop light, and did a 2nd & 3rd gear pull.

Would you please check if I'm running safely with this map & mixture.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #5869
rader1
Banned
39
Rep
2,197
Posts

Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_K View Post
Would love anyones thoughts on this log. Timing is being pulled on one cylinder. Ill check the basics, new plug and swap the coil.

I will relog to verify the one cylinder is the culpret.

Anyone see anything else odd?

...and i will turn on the fuel trims for next log. Anything else i should do?
Sounds like you know what's going on
Aside from the timing corrections in no.4 everything else looks good.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #5870
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Jake@MOTIV's Avatar
39
Rep
949
Posts

Drives: 135i, 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MD & NC

iTrader: (7)

Timing corrections don't necessarily mean you have too aggressive of a map. If you are seeing multiple cylinders getting corrections together then its what we look for but little random corrections are typically just noise. The sensors here are too sensitive and you should learn to weed through the "noise" and find the actual events.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #5871
rader1
Banned
39
Rep
2,197
Posts

Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue View Post
Sweet! This is a a pull done in about 60 Degree temps, traction control completely disabled, 75% CALI 91 OCT Shell & 25% E85 Chevron.

Map has been installed for a day, with a handful (5-10) WOT pulls done, so adaptations should be set.

I started logging at a stop light, and did a 2nd & 3rd gear pull.

Would you please check if I'm running safely with this map & mixture.
Everything looks good!!!
-You only logged timing corrections on cylinders 1&2 so i can't say for SURE you didn't thave any timing corrections, but you didn't on the 2 that you logged.
-No Throttle closures
-You're within 10 points of hitting load targets(normal)
-AFRs are solid
-Fuel trims are good. STFTs(which is most important) spiked at ~28% but recovered quickly back into the low 20's and then continued trending down

Looks great, especially for running an aggressive map on ACN. e85 is a wonderful thing. Keep the mix as you have it now and you should have no problems.

Keep in mind that on e85 you may occasionaly trigger a "fuel mixture" code. It's not a problem and does nothing to affect performance.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #5872
rader1
Banned
39
Rep
2,197
Posts

Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLow335i View Post
Timing corrections don't necessarily mean you have too aggressive of a map. If you are seeing multiple cylinders getting corrections together then its what we look for but little random corrections are typically just noise. The sensors here are too sensitive and you should learn to weed through the "noise" and find the actual events.
+1000 flylow knows exactly what he's talking about.

Based on what he posted in the log it looks like it may be something mechanical(plug, coil, injector) if it is always on that cylinder. NO.4 was making a couple corrections at a time while the otheres were silent.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #5873
sparkyblue
Captain
sparkyblue's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
693
Posts

Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
Everything looks good!!!
-You only logged timing corrections on cylinders 1&2 so i can't say for SURE you didn't thave any timing corrections, but you didn't on the 2 that you logged.
-No Throttle closures
-You're within 10 points of hitting load targets(normal)
-AFRs are solid
-Fuel trims are good. STFTs(which is most important) spiked at ~28% but recovered quickly back into the low 20's and then continued trending down

Looks great, especially for running an aggressive map on ACN. e85 is a wonderful thing. Keep the mix as you have it now and you should have no problems.

Keep in mind that on e85 you may occasionaly trigger a "fuel mixture" code. It's not a problem and does nothing to affect performance.
Thank's for the break down! Its great to hear that the car is running well with this mix.

I figure from now on, ill run the Sport ACN91 on the weekdays and on the weekends fill up with an E85/91 mix for fun.

What variables do you recommend I remove to allow room for the other 4 cylinders read-outs. I tried selecting all 6, but unfortunately I've found the AP can only log a handful of variables at a time.

Very much appreciated! Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:19 AM   #5874
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
99
Rep
7,382
Posts

Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue View Post
Thank's for the break down! Its great to hear that the car is running well with this mix.

I figure from now on, ill run the Sport ACN91 on the weekdays and on the weekends fill up with an E85/91 mix for fun.

What variables do you recommend I remove to allow room for the other 4 cylinders read-outs. I tried selecting all 6, but unfortunately I've found the AP can only log a handful of variables at a time.

Very much appreciated! Cheers!
Just revert to default datalogging channels and add stfl .
__________________
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST