E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #6117
bigtigga01
Private First Class
1
Rep
189
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun w/N54 View Post
So I removed tune and took car to dealer this week. Read that the V401 was out of beta so udated the AP Manager, the firmware and loaded a few of the released V401. Loaded ST Aggressive on car and no problems. Did see ALL of the released maps on the AP when I was selecting my map for loading, where did they come from? Also I think they took up too much room on AP since I connected it back to the PC today and was going to delete the S2 maps for sure and I get prompted that my ECU file is not on AP anymore...and if I didn't restore it it would load a 'stock' file? Never seen that before. So I said YES restore and then come back and says it already contains one would you like to replace it? Hmmm what am I missing? And no the ECU file was not listed when I viewed all files on AP.

Thanks.
Just saw this tonight. If you go into settings and pick "Expose ECU data", you'll be able to see it again and copy to your computer.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #6118
dougand
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (0)

AP with AT

Hey all. Only been a BMW owner for about a week, but Cobb AP has definitely caught my eye. Been going through this thread for last several days to learn the earlier history of the AP on BMW. This may be a stupid first question here, but one thing that I've had in mind, and haven't seen asked, is how do the AT modes behave with AP. Is there still a big difference between D and DS modes? Does the tune have much impact on shift performance or behavior? Surprised I haven't seen this in the first 5000+ posts I've filtered through.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #6119
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougand View Post
Hey all. Only been a BMW owner for about a week, but Cobb AP has definitely caught my eye. Been going through this thread for last several days to learn the earlier history of the AP on BMW. This may be a stupid first question here, but one thing that I've had in mind, and haven't seen asked, is how do the AT modes behave with AP. Is there still a big difference between D and DS modes? Does the tune have much impact on shift performance or behavior? Surprised I haven't seen this in the first 5000+ posts I've filtered through.
I have a 6AT and the trans is holding up fine, no difference in shift feeling or response. Just like when it's in D mode, shifts are geared more for comfort & when it's in DS, the shifts are made as quickly as possible for best acceleration. If you get ProTune'd, you can actually get different throttle responses (like Stock Throttle for D & then Linear Throttle for DS) build into your map.


IF you get power crazy like enrita (RB turbos, Meth, excessive track use), you might have to eventually upgrade your AT once it starts giving sloppy shifts.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #6120
dougand
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (0)

Wow. Thanks, Benzy. Just what I was wanting to know. You and few others here are always great to provide meaningful answers. Now I just need to sell a car or two so that I can start adding stuff to this one.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #6121
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougand View Post
Wow. Thanks, Benzy. Just what I was wanting to know. You and few others here are always great to provide meaningful answers. Now I just need to sell a car or two so that I can start adding stuff to this one.
No problem, glad I can held. GL selling those cars ASAP so you can start modding & really see how much power the N54 has to give. Congrats on also picking the best tune on the market
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #6122
Ptuh Ptuh
Private
United_States
2
Rep
79
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI 335IX M Sport Pkg
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York, New York

iTrader: (0)

Im waiting for my warranty to expire in June, hopefully i'll saved up enough for COBB AP by then!!!
__________________


'09 E90 LCI 335i xDrive M Sport Pkg
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #6123
impactplayer
Private
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone tell me where on my PC to locate the stock .rom file for my car? Unfortunately, my AP was stolen from my car today and I am praying that I have the stock .rom file on my PC since I think it backs it up automatically. Thanks in advance.

Disregard my question, I found the answer on another forum. To anyone wondering in the future, to see the backup file: click options, show update log, then click in the backup folder and your .rom backup is there. At least that's one good thing today...
__________________
2008 BMW 335i (E90) - Black on Black!
2010 Audi Q7 - Gray/Black

Last edited by impactplayer; 09-01-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: found answer
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #6124
kkraemer03
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Is there any place in the San Diego area to pick up a Cobb AP or is it only available online?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #6125
spmd11
Captain
spmd11's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
858
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M235i AW
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (2)

Dinan unable to tune 335is.. can COBB do it?

I have 2 brand new 2012 335is's and Dinan failed miserably at tuning and customer support. Please read my post here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739526

So, here's the question. Anyone here with a 335is successfully COBB tune their cars? My Dinan attempt created terrible surging in both cars.. details in above link
__________________

2014 M235i, 2008 JB e90 M3, 2011 X5 5.0, 2011 335i Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #6126
Br0
MFCEO
Br0's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
191
Posts

 
Drives: 09' e92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Htown

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
correct all codes are deleted after uninstall. There are NO tuner codes though... only the codes of the CP.

When i uninstall Cobb does it delete ALL codes and history within the DME? In other words, since i didnt use cobb to clear the broken chargepipe codes before i uninstalled, im wondering if BMW can see from the remaining chargepipe codes that i was boosting so high and then question whether i was tuned or not.

Like if the DME took a freeze frame of when the DME threw the codes.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #6127
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0 View Post
When i uninstall Cobb does it delete ALL codes and history within the DME? In other words, since i didnt use cobb to clear the broken chargepipe codes before i uninstalled, im wondering if BMW can see from the remaining chargepipe codes that i was boosting so high and then question whether i was tuned or not.

Like if the DME took a freeze frame of when the DME threw the codes.
Clears everything. With your situation (broken CP), those boost fault codes will come back just from driving to the dealer
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #6128
Br0
MFCEO
Br0's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
191
Posts

 
Drives: 09' e92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Htown

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Clears everything. With your situation (broken CP), those boost fault codes will come back just from driving to the dealer
Thanks man. I figured exactly what u said because after I asked I went to read codes with cobb and not the same codes from cp were there vs when I had it installed. But as soon as I started car same codes returned from before when it was installed, thereby telling me Cobb erased all at uninstall.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #6129
Dmacc
Colonel
57
Rep
2,651
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

This is the noobiest question, but I wanted to post it in here to see if I could get an answer. Does e85 with a 50/50 mix with 91 allow you to target more boost than 91 alone? or is e85 solely used to target more advanced timing? Or is it both.
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #6130
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
This is the noobiest question, but I wanted to post it in here to see if I could get an answer. Does e85 with a 50/50 mix with 91 allow you to target more boost than 91 alone? or is e85 solely used to target more advanced timing? Or is it both.
Higher octane --> More aggressive tuning --> More aggressive timing --> More boost
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #6131
Dmacc
Colonel
57
Rep
2,651
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Higher octane --> More aggressive tuning --> More aggressive timing --> More boost
Thank you, I don't know why I was second guessing myself haha
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #6132
jetbill
Lieutenant
7
Rep
435
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335 M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: tampa

iTrader: (3)

E85

Guys, anyone running a conservative stage 1 tune with e85?
Looking to track the car (autoX) with Stage 1 aggressive with DCI, and only PE exhaust.

The goal is slightly more aggressive timing with the same boost as Stage 1 sport or aggressive with potentially linear throttle profile.

I have a E85 station about 30 minutes away, so I was thinking 80/20 with some spare in reserve in the garage when needed.

Can someone suggest a tune?

I did try stock timing on stage 1 drive and no timing pulls. Issues mainly come now with summer in florida with high IAT. (I may go back to stock intake with a panel for the sake of lowering IAT).
__________________
For Sale:2013 BMW 335 EBII, M-Sport, M-LSD, MPPK, Dinan many options

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...5#post16830125
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #6133
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbill View Post
Guys, anyone running a conservative stage 1 tune with e85?
Looking to track the car (autoX) with Stage 1 aggressive with DCI, and only PE exhaust.

The goal is slightly more aggressive timing with the same boost as Stage 1 sport or aggressive with potentially linear throttle profile.

I have a E85 station about 30 minutes away, so I was thinking 80/20 with some spare in reserve in the garage when needed.

Can someone suggest a tune?

I did try stock timing on stage 1 drive and no timing pulls. Issues mainly come now with summer in florida with high IAT. (I may go back to stock intake with a panel for the sake of lowering IAT).
Sounds like that^ would be a good autocross map to use on a stock car. If it's not enough power just try plugging the stock timing curve into the sport map and see how that looks.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #6134
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Clears everything. With your situation (broken CP), those boost fault codes will come back just from driving to the dealer
WTF,

RIP.....
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #6135
Glowin
Captain
Glowin's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
920
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
WTF,

RIP.....
Huh? Why did Benzy get banned? His contributions were really good!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #6136
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post
Huh? Why did Benzy get banned? His contributions were really good!
Well,

not sure exactly. If I say anymore I may get banned.. LOL...

I think he is just temporary banned. If he chooses he can be back if a couple months.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #6137
Glowin
Captain
Glowin's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
920
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Wierd... I didn't see him stirring up sh!t or anything so far, that I could recall...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #6138
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

I believe he was banned for the video he posted. Could be wrong on that. But his ban was about the same time the thread was closed. Of coarse, he was also involved in the failed abortion of a thread that the PROcede flash review became. It appears the only way to avoid a ban is to keep your head down and not get involved in "discussions" with fanbois with no technical knowledge.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST