E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-05-2012, 03:36 AM   #6139
Boost Tampa
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 E92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida

Posts: 126
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
I believe he was banned for the video he posted. Could be wrong on that. But his ban was about the same time the thread was closed. Of coarse, he was also involved in the failed abortion of a thread that the PROcede flash review became. It appears the only way to avoid a ban is to keep your head down and not get involved in "discussions" with fanbois with no technical knowledge.
No- I think he was trying to post a cool vid of a SC M3 vs E92. I have RB car in FL. Where are the ST guys?? ??????????????????????????????
__________________
JB4-G5/COBB BMS Flash/RB Turbos/HPF Clutch/Wavetrac/Dinan CAI/Forge DV's/ETS DP's/ETS 7" IC/ER CP/CM Meth/KWV2
Boost Tampa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #6140
Fully_Bolted
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 443
iTrader: (0)

Forgive my newbness, but what are ST guys?
Fully_Bolted is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #6141
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted View Post
Forgive my newbness, but what are ST guys?
Subaru Tainted...

Sport Touring I believe. Motorcycles.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #6142
Mangler
First Lieutenant
 
Mangler's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 335i, ZHP 330i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southeast

Posts: 334
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
88 .  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Single turbo.

T
Mangler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #6143
PGZ11
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335XI
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: DC

Posts: 132
iTrader: (0)

Hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with the accessport ... went to load a new map (e85 map!) and accessport got stuck trying to communicate with vehicle. So i tried to monitor live data and it says "cannot communicate with vehicle". I did update to the latest firmware just before trying this map change. Thing is, I did some logging just last week and no problems.

I did notice that the cobb cable is wobbly where it connects to OBD port when connected and if I push downward lightly on the connector the AP loses connection/power until i push it back up. However, it was the same last week when i was logging.

SO i am thinking it could be the firmware update OR the cable OR (praying it is not) the OBD port somehow got messed up. I took a pic of the OBD port if anyone can compare and see if anything looks "funny". Thanks for any advice.

PGZ11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #6144
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
I believe he was banned for the video he posted. Could be wrong on that. But his ban was about the same time the thread was closed. Of coarse, he was also involved in the failed abortion of a thread that the PROcede flash review became. It appears the only way to avoid a ban is to keep your head down and not get involved in "discussions" with fanbois with no technical knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surquhar View Post
No- I think he was trying to post a cool vid of a SC M3 vs E92. I have RB car in FL. Where are the ST guys?? ??????????????????????????????
Keep your head down i guess so?? Surguhar is gone......
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #6145
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGZ11 View Post
Hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with the accessport ... went to load a new map (e85 map!) and accessport got stuck trying to communicate with vehicle. So i tried to monitor live data and it says "cannot communicate with vehicle". I did update to the latest firmware just before trying this map change. Thing is, I did some logging just last week and no problems.

I did notice that the cobb cable is wobbly where it connects to OBD port when connected and if I push downward lightly on the connector the AP loses connection/power until i push it back up. However, it was the same last week when i was logging.

SO i am thinking it could be the firmware update OR the cable OR (praying it is not) the OBD port somehow got messed up. I took a pic of the OBD port if anyone can compare and see if anything looks "funny". Thanks for any advice.

That sounds like the cable.
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #6146
PGZ11
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335XI
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: DC

Posts: 132
iTrader: (0)

thanks, i'm gonna see if i can find someone nearby to try a different cable
PGZ11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #6147
jetbill
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335 M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: tampa

Posts: 380
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGZ11
Hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with the accessport ... went to load a new map (e85 map!) and accessport got stuck trying to communicate with vehicle. So i tried to monitor live data and it says "cannot communicate with vehicle". I did update to the latest firmware just before trying this map change. Thing is, I did some logging just last week and no problems.

I did notice that the cobb cable is wobbly where it connects to OBD port when connected and if I push downward lightly on the connector the AP loses connection/power until i push it back up. However, it was the same last week when i was logging.

SO i am thinking it could be the firmware update OR the cable OR (praying it is not) the OBD port somehow got messed up. I took a pic of the OBD port if anyone can compare and see if anything looks "funny". Thanks for any advice.

Just updated and had same problem. AP went into recovery mode. No problems in the past. IJEOS ECU.
__________________
Check out my stuff for sale!BMW Performance Exhaust M3 Competition Reps -Avante Garde M35 Rims with Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, E9X Track Rim & Tire Setup-Toyo R888 & Avante Garde M359,Ohlin's Road & Track & KW coilovers, M3 Upper and Lower Control Arms, Vorshlag, H&R, Front Sway bar with bushings, VRSF Intercooler andCatless Downpipes, Cobb, AFE DCI http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...8#post14547968
jetbill is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #6148
cb224
Private
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Seattle

Posts: 98
iTrader: (1)

DPs vs FMIC for Cobb AP

So I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in these 281 pages but then I was hoping I could get a quick answer. I recently installed a Cobb AP on my 2007 335i Sedan AT and I'm currently running the Stage 1 "Sport" ST map. The only mod I have now is the AFE Stage 2 Intake with Dual Air Scoops.

I was looking into my next mod and was wondering whether to get a FMIC and use the Stage 1+ maps or go with the catted DPs and use the Stage 2 maps. In other words, which of these routes would yield the most power, since these mods are similar in price?
cb224 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #6149
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb224 View Post
So I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in these 281 pages but then I was hoping I could get a quick answer. I recently installed a Cobb AP on my 2007 335i Sedan AT and I'm currently running the Stage 1 "Sport" ST map. The only mod I have now is the AFE Stage 2 Intake with Dual Air Scoops.

I was looking into my next mod and was wondering whether to get a FMIC and use the Stage 1+ maps or go with the catted DPs and use the Stage 2 maps. In other words, which of these routes would yield the most power, since these mods are similar in price?
Stage 1+ yields more power than stage 2.
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #6150
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,711
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Stage 1+ yields more power than stage 2.
Or he could get catless DPs and run Stage 2+. I've asked about this a number of times and the consensus appears to be that so long as the climate is cool and the goal is to impress the butt dyno (ie: no track and no chance of high IATs) then stg 2+ runs just fine. But you DO need catless DPs for it.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #6151
CTX335i
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Hey everyone, I have searched for an answer but cant find one so in the mean time I wanted to see if anyone has seen this.

I installed Cobb AP Stage 1 Aggressive ST 2 weeks ago in my 08 E92 335 with no issues, car ran fine, let it warm up and stepped on it and it was amazing. Now last night i decided to take the car out for a drive, I warmed it up and started to drive around, I put it on DS and decided to step on it from around 20 miles all of the sudden the car went limp and the SES light came up, the car felt as if it was vibrating when i tried to get close to 3k. I stopped the car turned it off and on, the light went away no problems, stepped on it and it was fine. Took the car out today and got the same result except that now the SES light stayed on. The vibration is gone but the light is on, im planning on removing the AP and taking it to the dealer to make sure its ok, Has anyone seen this before?
CTX335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #6152
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTX335i View Post
Hey everyone, I have searched for an answer but cant find one so in the mean time I wanted to see if anyone has seen this.

I installed Cobb AP Stage 1 Aggressive ST 2 weeks ago in my 08 E92 335 with no issues, car ran fine, let it warm up and stepped on it and it was amazing. Now last night i decided to take the car out for a drive, I warmed it up and started to drive around, I put it on DS and decided to step on it from around 20 miles all of the sudden the car went limp and the SES light came up, the car felt as if it was vibrating when i tried to get close to 3k. I stopped the car turned it off and on, the light went away no problems, stepped on it and it was fine. Took the car out today and got the same result except that now the SES light stayed on. The vibration is gone but the light is on, im planning on removing the AP and taking it to the dealer to make sure its ok, Has anyone seen this before?
Sounds like the normal tune induced misfires, IIRC there's a sticky at the top of the page to help troubleshoot the issue.
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #6153
cb224
Private
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Seattle

Posts: 98
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Or he could get catless DPs and run Stage 2+. I've asked about this a number of times and the consensus appears to be that so long as the climate is cool and the goal is to impress the butt dyno (ie: no track and no chance of high IATs) then stg 2+ runs just fine. But you DO need catless DPs for it.
Thanks to you both for the replies. I think FMIC is the way for me for now, running Stage 1+. Not very convinced about going catless DP yet. My preference will be catted since my E90 is a family car too. Concerns with smell in the cabin.
cb224 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #6154
enrita
Major General
 
enrita's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

Posts: 7,323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb224 View Post
Thanks to you both for the replies. I think FMIC is the way for me for now, running Stage 1+. Not very convinced about going catless DP yet. My preference will be catted since my E90 is a family car too. Concerns with smell in the cabin.
it wont smell if you keep the midcats.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
enrita is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #6155
Glowin
Captain
 
Glowin's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 888
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb224 View Post
Thanks to you both for the replies. I think FMIC is the way for me for now, running Stage 1+. Not very convinced about going catless DP yet. My preference will be catted since my E90 is a family car too. Concerns with smell in the cabin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
it wont smell if you keep the midcats.
I agree with Enrita. Got the setup myself, and don't smell anything in the car, even with windows down at a stoplight. Maybe a bit outside the car on initial cold startup in my garage, but it's not a lot.

So I think the only thing you'll be smelling in the car will be your own farts!
Glowin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #6156
rondocap
Captain
 
rondocap's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 600
iTrader: (1)

This may have been asked before, but I have he BMW ppk power flash/ecu. Will Cobb ap save that software do me so I can return it to normal? It will also work with the ppk having already been installed right?
rondocap is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #6157
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb224 View Post
Thanks to you both for the replies. I think FMIC is the way for me for now, running Stage 1+. Not very convinced about going catless DP yet. My preference will be catted since my E90 is a family car too. Concerns with smell in the cabin.
I think you will be satisfied with S1+ I am so far, Going Pro Tuned to take advantage of Ethanol.

S1+ E50 post coming soon, working with PTF as I type.

here are my ladder records, I am sure you will be satisfied. Do you have 93 octane in your area? numbers will vary but my mix (20% E85 for a little more octane boost to run aggressive maps ACN 91 is crap)

+

just running: DCI, COBB, FMIC and ER CP w/Tial BOV.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #6158
ihc95
Major
 
ihc95's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,143
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondocap
This may have been asked before, but I have he BMW ppk power flash/ecu. Will Cobb ap save that software do me so I can return it to normal? It will also work with the ppk having already been installed right?
Yes you can install the Cobb AP with the ppk. Once it's installed, your stage 0 will be a stock like map (non ppk). But if you completely uninstall the AP I believe the DME software is completely restored to what it was before, in your case ppk. If I were you I would just email Cobb this question for peace of mind sake.
ihc95 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #6159
cb224
Private
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Seattle

Posts: 98
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post
I agree with Enrita. Got the setup myself, and don't smell anything in the car, even with windows down at a stoplight. Maybe a bit outside the car on initial cold startup in my garage, but it's not a lot.

So I think the only thing you'll be smelling in the car will be your own farts!
Haha.....and I think the family will rather have the smell of the gas than my farts!!!! Thanks for all the info.....guess catless it is!
cb224 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #6160
cb224
Private
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Seattle

Posts: 98
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
I think you will be satisfied with S1+ I am so far, Going Pro Tuned to take advantage of Ethanol.

S1+ E50 post coming soon, working with PTF as I type.

here are my ladder records, I am sure you will be satisfied. Do you have 93 octane in your area? numbers will vary but my mix (20% E85 for a little more octane boost to run aggressive maps ACN 91 is crap)

+

just running: DCI, COBB, FMIC and ER CP w/Tial BOV.
Yeah I'm looking to get pro-tuned myself once I'm on Stage 1+
cb224 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST