E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #7371
unic66
Private First Class
Armenia
2
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (1)

Data log cobb stage 1 agressive on my 08 335i

datalog3 Excel.txt1
This is my first log,guys!I hope that its a good one.
Can someone please look at it and let me know if if it is safe to run on my car?

Last edited by unic66; 04-20-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #7372
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unic66 View Post
Attachment 849329
This is my first log,guys!I hope that its a good one.
Can someone please look at it and let me know if if it is safe to run on my car?
Give this thread a read. We need a log of a 3rd gear pull
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #7373
dallas_jeff
First Lieutenant
United_States
8
Rep
341
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acj75 View Post
Very nice day in DFW. I recently picked up an AiM Solo GPS lap timer for track days. It also has performance testing. Here's a quick 0-60 run I made today on stage 1 aggressive, no other mods. This was not using a 1 foot rollout.

Not too shabby!

Very nice! Mine would have probably been similar even though I'm using a map based off of the E30 maps because traction was an issue hehe. Cold weather FTW

Too bad Summer is coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #7374
GearGuy2009
Private First Class
1
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rockton, IL

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Ok I tried searching the thread but unable to find what I'm looking for...

I recently got a Cobb Accessport for my 09 335xi

Anyways I went to install the "Sport" tune and after its done installing some dash lights stay on. (Brake, DTC, and on the display it says 4x4 ABS error).

But if I install the "drive" tune everything is fine.

Thoughts?

I just grabbed the latest tunes from Cobb so I havent tried those yet but it was supposed to already have the latest 4.01, just redownloaded incase they were corrupt.

EDIT: Car has comforaccess if that matters but I installed it with key in ignition per instructions.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #7375
335iRlz
Lieutenant Colonel
81
Rep
1,796
Posts

Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy2009 View Post
Ok I tried searching the thread but unable to find what I'm looking for...

I recently got a Cobb Accessport for my 09 335xi

Anyways I went to install the "Sport" tune and after its done installing some dash lights stay on. (Brake, DTC, and on the display it says 4x4 ABS error).

But if I install the "drive" tune everything is fine.

Thoughts?

I just grabbed the latest tunes from Cobb so I havent tried those yet but it was supposed to already have the latest 4.01, just redownloaded incase they were corrupt.

EDIT: Car has comforaccess if that matters but I installed it with key in ignition per instructions.
Are you giving the ecu a break after flashing... I know I always give the car 10-30 minutes after I do a flash where its completely off. Give that a shot, flash, wait till it says ok done and then take your key out and watch half an episode of sportscenter.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #7376
GearGuy2009
Private First Class
1
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rockton, IL

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Are you giving the ecu a break after flashing... I know I always give the car 10-30 minutes after I do a flash where its completely off. Give that a shot, flash, wait till it says ok done and then take your key out and watch half an episode of sportscenter.
No I hadnt been, I will give that a shot.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #7377
335iRlz
Lieutenant Colonel
81
Rep
1,796
Posts

Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy2009 View Post
No I hadnt been, I will give that a shot.

Thanks!
Yes I started the car one time right after finishing just out of habit like I was going somewhere and my lights were all lit up. Never happens when I give it a break.

If it remains and you're throwing odd codes then their might be an underlying problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #7378
The Ghost
Reborn
The Ghost's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,210
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Are you giving the ecu a break after flashing... I know I always give the car 10-30 minutes after I do a flash where its completely off. Give that a shot, flash, wait till it says ok done and then take your key out and watch half an episode of sportscenter.
You don't need to wait that long. Just be sure to remove the key and let the car turn off completely; usually 5-10 seconds until you hear a click.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #7379
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
843
Rep
3,225
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Determines Value

iTrader: (0)

Cobb, I would like to try the E30 Mapping but I do not have a place to log up to 130 MPH... Is it ok to do a full blast to the top of 2nd gear?

Also... how do I know if I mixed in enough E85 or not enough?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #7380
335iRlz
Lieutenant Colonel
81
Rep
1,796
Posts

Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost View Post
You don't need to wait that long. Just be sure to remove the key and let the car turn off completely; usually 5-10 seconds until you hear a click.
Ehh the Guys here said after my very first flash wait 20 minutes so now I just always do it
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #7381
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Ehh the Guys here said after my very first flash wait 20 minutes so now I just always do it
10 seconds after flashing you're fine to start it
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #7382
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Ummm...

I have never waiting after flashing. Flash done eject key, start up. Never had any issues. And never heard anyone say you needed to wait.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #7383
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
843
Rep
3,225
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Determines Value

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Cobb, I would like to try the E30 Mapping but I do not have a place to log up to 130 MPH... Is it ok to do a full blast to the top of 2nd gear?

Also... how do I know if I mixed in enough E85 or not enough?
bump...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #7384
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
88
Rep
6,136
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Ummm...

I have never waiting after flashing. Flash done eject key, start up. Never had any issues. And never heard anyone say you needed to wait.
Same thing here. You don't need to wait, that's pretty dumb. Once your DME is flashed, it's ready to be started.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #7385
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
bump...
Not sure why you would need to log through 4th. Sure that's best, but if I can just log through third, for my E50 MAP, why can't you on the E30 MAPs.?

If you got required mods, go for it. Log a 3rd gear pull.

Lets not get confused with E85 gallons and Ethanol percentages. The MAP is E30, which means 30% Ethanol. Base your calculations on E85 pump having 85% ethanol and Premium having 10% Ethanol. Do the math, gallon in tank to gallons added. Let the log tell the rest.

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

See bottom calculator.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 04-20-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #7386
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Not sure why you would need to log through 4th. Sure that's best, but if I can just log through third, for my E50 MAP, why can't you on the E30 MAPs.?
+1
3rd gear is perfectly fine.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #7387
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
843
Rep
3,225
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Determines Value

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nema
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Not sure why you would need to log through 4th. Sure that's best, but if I can just log through third, for my E50 MAP, why can't you on the E30 MAPs.?
+1
3rd gear is perfectly fine.
2nd not 3rd lol... top of 3rd is very fast... i do not have the roads here for that.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #7388
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
2nd not 3rd lol... top of 3rd is very fast... i do not have the roads here for that.
If it's unsafe to do a pull to the top of 3rd then 2nd gear will work. However, the higher the gear the better because it places more load on the engine and RPMs climb more slowly which allows for more information to be acquired.

Grab a couple 2nd gear logs and then if possible a 3rd gear log and let out at ~5rpms. If you have issues they almost always occur below 5K.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #7389
unic66
Private First Class
Armenia
2
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Give this thread a read. We need a log of a 3rd gear pull
Here is another try:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...G05ZW5VenRTWWc
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #7390
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unic66 View Post
The google doc says i don't have permission to view it
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #7391
335iRlz
Lieutenant Colonel
81
Rep
1,796
Posts

Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Same thing here. You don't need to wait, that's pretty dumb. Once your DME is flashed, it's ready to be started.
I'll wait while you look through 334 pages to be right

If it was possible that not doing something could mess up the car at the time it sure was worth trying...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #7392
unic66
Private First Class
Armenia
2
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
The google doc says i don't have permission to view it
Sorry about that!I am trying to convert the CSV file so that I can upload it as an attachement to the thread!Does.
Can anyone guide me with the process?Thanks in advance,guys!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST