E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #7437
335iRlz
Major
33
Rep
1,497
Posts

Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_jeff View Post
I thought timing corrections were caused because the knock sensor picked something up?
I have no idea lol.. I'm just sad I went fmic and it is running worse than s1 aggressive, I'm getting ready to run and throw in some e85 and flash it back to S1+ Aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #7438
dallas_jeff
First Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
I have no idea lol.. I'm just sad I went fmic and it is running worse than s1 aggressive, I'm getting ready to run and throw in some e85 and flash it back to S1+ Aggressive.
Yeah just do that and see how the logs come out.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #7439
335XI///M
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2008 335XI Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Even I'm smart enough to know somethings ganked up... I switched gas brands ran some fuel cleaner and it felt ok for awhile but good god the logs look awful... Anyone know how I can make the car more happy with Stage 1+FMIC

basically why I installed an innercooler.
You screwed yourself sorry bro. At least that's my guess. I ran some Chevron Techron fuel cleaner in mine once, on shitty AZ 91 oct, was fine for 1 tank... Started noticing issues at start with it getting rough... Literally in less than 500 miles later after adding the Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner my car dies while driving and flooded, misfiring badly, and chuggin before completely dying as I tried to turn off the road.... Took it to the stealer under CPO and they had to give me a nice tune up

6 New fuel injectors, and 6 New spark plugs. Replaced under warranty, the injectors were all leaking badly, and sooted up the plugs terribly. I will NEVER add fuel cleaner to mine again...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #7440
335iRlz
Major
33
Rep
1,497
Posts

Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335XI///M View Post
You screwed yourself sorry bro. At least that's my guess. I ran some Chevron Techron fuel cleaner in mine once, on shitty AZ 91 oct, was fine for 1 tank... Started noticing issues at start with it getting rough... Literally in less than 500 miles later after adding the Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner my car dies while driving and flooded, misfiring badly, and chuggin before completely dying as I tried to turn off the road.... Took it to the stealer under CPO and they had to give me a nice tune up

6 New fuel injectors, and 6 New spark plugs. Replaced under warranty, the injectors were all leaking badly, and sooted up the plugs terribly. I will NEVER add fuel cleaner to mine again...
Hmm I ran it through for over 15k at 3k intervals and cleared up a little rough idle, which was the reason I gave it a shot again. I'd love to get some free sparkplugs and injectors though so if I get that for 50 bucks + the $13 techron I'm cool with that That said after how bad that last log was I'm probably done ever trying it again. Funny that BMW also sells the same cleaner rebranded.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #7441
unic66
Private First Class
Armenia
2
Rep
166
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (1)

Stg1 Agg datalog on my 08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
The google doc says i don't have permission to view it
I think this is a safe tune for my N54;Can you guys confirm?
Name:  IMAG0227.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  343.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #7442
dallas_jeff
First Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unic66 View Post
I think this is a safe tune for my N54;Can you guys confirm?
Attachment 851809
Looks ok, but it's always easier for me to read the actual numbers in a .csv. You do have a throttle closure around 4200, though.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 02:51 AM   #7443
unic66
Private First Class
Armenia
2
Rep
166
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_jeff View Post
Looks ok, but it's always easier for me to read the actual numbers in a .csv. You do have a throttle closure around 4200, though.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing
Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #7444
dallas_jeff
First Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unic66 View Post
No problem! Everything looks pretty good, except you have a throttle closure at the beginning of the log (was traction control off?), and you have a slight one between 4100-4350, which you can fix with ATR if you log MAF req (WGDC) and boost setpoint factor. Everything else looks good to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #7445
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
56
Rep
4,761
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Hmm I ran it through for over 15k at 3k intervals and cleared up a little rough idle, which was the reason I gave it a shot again. I'd love to get some free sparkplugs and injectors though so if I get that for 50 bucks + the $13 techron I'm cool with that That said after how bad that last log was I'm probably done ever trying it again. Funny that BMW also sells the same cleaner rebranded.
Yeah man. Techron is not that bad. A friend ran it in his M3 and it seemed to be ok
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #7446
unic66
Private First Class
Armenia
2
Rep
166
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_jeff View Post
No problem! Everything looks pretty good, except you have a throttle closure at the beginning of the log (was traction control off?), and you have a slight one between 4100-4350, which you can fix with ATR if you log MAF req (WGDC) and boost setpoint factor. Everything else looks good to me.
I think I forgot the traction control on!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #7447
Lawton438
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
278
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Stoke on trent

iTrader: (2)

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me as i recently installed my cobb stage 1 sport map and have done a datalog in 2nd,3rd and 4th but to be honest i dont really know what im looking at so was wondering if anyoine would take the time to have a look to see everythings alright or not.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt Bens Car Reading.txt (67.2 KB, 45 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #7448
Lawton438
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
278
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Stoke on trent

iTrader: (2)

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #7449
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawton438 View Post
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me as i recently installed my cobb stage 1 sport map and have done a datalog in 2nd,3rd and 4th but to be honest i dont really know what im looking at so was wondering if anyoine would take the time to have a look to see everythings alright or not.
Thanks
Everything looks very good with the exception of the overboost that occured at ~4000rpms in second and then reoccured both times immediately post shift. That can be easily fixed with just a little tweak to the wgdc base table, though.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #7450
Lawton438
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
278
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Stoke on trent

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Everything looks very good with the exception of the overboost that occured at ~4000rpms in second and then reoccured both times immediately post shift. That can be easily fixed with just a little tweak to the wgdc base table, though.
Thanks for your time.

How do I go about that?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #7451
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawton438 View Post
Thanks for your time.

How do I go about that?
Download ATR from Cobb's website and then give this thread a read. If you have any more questions just ask.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792736&
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne

Last edited by Ænema; 04-24-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Forgot link, Thanks marv :)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #7452
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,567
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Download ATR from Cobb's website and then give this thread a read. If you have any more questions just ask.
I think you forgot to paste the link

so stage 2s for you?
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #7453
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
I think you forgot to paste the link

so stage 2s for you?
Yes sir, i went for a ride in rader1's car and all i can say is wow. Even on "low boost and timing" it hauls ass. On meth my car feels pretty good but I can definitely feel the turbos are straining to make power at ~6300rpms(where i shift.) With the stage 2s it just feels effortless and the powerband is so WIDE now it's unbelievable. I can't wait for him to really push those turbos, i think he's just waiting on a couple goodies to arrive then he'll hit the dyno.

As soon as the turbos are officiallly "released" i'll place my order.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #7454
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,567
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Yes sir, i went for a ride in rader1's car and all i can say is wow. Even on "low boost and timing" it hauls ass. On meth my car feels pretty good but I can definitely feel the turbos are straining to make power at ~6300rpms(where i shift.) With the stage 2s it just feels effortless and the powerband is so WIDE now it's unbelievable. I can't wait for him to really push those turbos, i think he's just waiting on a couple goodies to arrive then he'll hit the dyno.

As soon as the turbos are officially "released" i'll place my order.
that's good to hear. I was in contact with rader last week as well and we chatted back and forth for a while. It seems he is pretty impressed and happy. I can't wait till he turns it up as well

If I still had my FBO + METH E90 I would have placed my order as well. I really wanted a coupe for a long time and pulled the trigger on a 2010 E92 so now I'm stuck at stock (COBB only, with my own E85 tune) since I have factory warranty. We'll see how it goes.

why not stage3s ?
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #7455
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
98
Rep
7,381
Posts

Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
that's good to hear. I was in contact with rader last week as well and we chatted back and forth for a while. It seems he is pretty impressed and happy. I can't wait till he turns it up as well

If I still had my FBO + METH E90 I would have placed my order as well. I really wanted a coupe for a long time and pulled the trigger on a 2010 E92 so now I'm stuck at stock (COBB only, with my own E85 tune) since I have factory warranty. We'll see how it goes.

why not stage3s ?
LOL cobb is the best plus the dme knows alll of it so totally safe.
__________________
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #7456
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

IMHO stage 3s will require a COMPLETE overhaul of the car to make the most of them. BBK, suspension(at least replacing all the OEM parts with new M bits), clearancing the rear to fit some WIDE tires, rear lock down kit and probably stuff that will break. It's a little more than i want to spend/get into right now.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #7457
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,567
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
LOL cobb is the best plus the dme knows alll of it so totally safe.
OH I agree for sure! I wasn't complaining about the tune at all. just saying that I wish I had an intercooler and DPs. well at least an intercooler.

I started with an E30 tune (92 pump), running ~15psi midrange (I don't feel like pushing harder on stock hardware), and 13.5 deg of timing up top. it seems clean to run.

IATs are killing me though, I forgot how crap the stock IC is. I'm going to ramp up ethanol and try to help my top end further.
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #7458
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,567
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
IMHO stage 3s will require a COMPLETE overhaul of the car to make the most of them. BBK, suspension(at least replacing all the OEM parts with new M bits), clearancing the rear to fit some WIDE tires, rear lock down kit and probably stuff that will break. It's a little more than i want to spend/get into right now.
Yup, it's definitely calling us though. I got a very low mileage car with warranty so I have a reason not to mod lol we'll see how that goes
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST