E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #7459
33FAF
bimmzz35
33FAF's Avatar
Armenia
3
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 07 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: KSA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to 33FAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
it would make a difference but the top end you;re looking to get will not be achieved by Lebanon's piss gas

Why are you against the idea of water methanol? It will be magic over pump, take my word for it.

The other thing you can do is tune for ethanol. Buy ethanol and add to tank hehe. I use E85 here and it's night and day
khalas iza heik ill wait for the vtt stage 2 results and fard marra ill go with stage2 + meth. if i sell the the turbos anytime soon ill just get the vtt turbos anyway and later on ill get the methanol kit. thanks alot bro
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #7460
tarponman85
Private First Class
3
Rep
116
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Datalog interpretation

I am having a hell of a time trying to convert an excell document of a datalog I did into a format I can upload. Can 1, 2 or 3 of you PM me your email address so I can send you my datalog in excell?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #7461
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
100
Rep
7,382
Posts

Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarponman85 View Post
I am having a hell of a time trying to convert an excell document of a datalog I did into a format I can upload. Can 1, 2 or 3 of you PM me your email address so I can send you my datalog in excell?
just zip it or rename to .txt....
__________________
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #7462
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asped View Post
khalas iza heik ill wait for the vtt stage 2 results and fard marra ill go with stage2 + meth. if i sell the the turbos anytime soon ill just get the vtt turbos anyway and later on ill get the methanol kit. thanks alot bro
sounds like a plan
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

SOLD '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2, Mfactory LSD
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #7463
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Added some e85 to my arizona 91 gas and definitely noticed a slight improvement over my garbage gas. Haven't got to the point of running the e30 maps yet though, waiting for my DPs in the mail. Definitely worth the extra few minutes at the gas station for those thinking about trying it.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #7464
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
Added some e85 to my arizona 91 gas and definitely noticed a slight improvement over my garbage gas. Haven't got to the point of running the e30 maps yet though, waiting for my DPs in the mail. Definitely worth the extra few minutes at the gas station for those thinking about trying it.
Keep in mind you're giong to need more than E30 to run the "E30 map" that's because they mix E85 and 93 to achieve E30. Their octane mix will be higher than yours, so compensate by adding more ethanol.

roughly speaking: 11gallons of 91 (10%ethanol), and 5 gallons of E85 (85% ethanol) will give you E33 97 octane

same proportions using 93 instead of 91 and you'd get E33 98

doesn't seem like huge but better be over than less
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

SOLD '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2, Mfactory LSD
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #7465
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
Keep in mind you're giong to need more than E30 to run the "E30 map" that's because they mix E85 and 93 to achieve E30. Their octane mix will be higher than yours, so compensate by adding more ethanol.

roughly speaking: 11gallons of 91 (10%ethanol), and 5 gallons of E85 (85% ethanol) will give you E33 97 octane

same proportions using 93 instead of 91 and you'd get E33 98

doesn't seem like huge but better be over than less
True story, thanks sir. In all honesty I'm not sure I'll ever run the e30 maps. I'll probably just stick with stage 2 once the DPs are in. For now I just added 2 gallons to a full tank so roughly 2/14 gallons e85/91. I'll be living up on the Navajo reservation for the next year so I'll be 100+ miles from a mechanic in case any thing goes terribly wrong. So I'll probably take it easy for a year.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #7466
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
True story, thanks sir. In all honesty I'm not sure I'll ever run the e30 maps. I'll probably just stick with stage 2 once the DPs are in. For now I just added 2 gallons to a full tank so roughly 2/14 gallons e85/91. I'll be living up on the Navajo reservation for the next year so I'll be 100+ miles from a mechanic in case any thing goes terribly wrong. So I'll probably take it easy for a year.
no harm in trying though

btw, the main difference between stage2+ agg and E30 map is the timing and not boost. so if you are already running stage2+, and have sufficient octane I would definitely run the E30.
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

SOLD '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2, Mfactory LSD
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #7467
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
no harm in trying though

btw, the main difference between stage2+ agg and E30 map is the timing and not boost. so if you are already running stage2+, and have sufficient octane I would definitely run the E30.
I dont think I'm going to run aggressive. I'm using sport now. I'll probably stick with sport for a while at least. Maybe once I'm in the middle of nowhere I'll tinker with aggressive. Once I'm on the rez the roads are considered "rural roads" so speeding tickets dont carry points, only fines. The car is already lightyears faster than the jb+ I was running before. I guess I'll take it as it comes. Eventually I need to take some logs to see how the sport is treating my car vs drive.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #7468
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
I dont think I'm going to run aggressive. I'm using sport now. I'll probably stick with sport for a while at least. Maybe once I'm in the middle of nowhere I'll tinker with aggressive. Once I'm on the rez the roads are considered "rural roads" so speeding tickets dont carry points, only fines. The car is already lightyears faster than the jb+ I was running before. I guess I'll take it as it comes. Eventually I need to take some logs to see how the sport is treating my car vs drive.
sounds like a plan.. btw you will get bored and want more soon hehe , human male nature
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

SOLD '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2, Mfactory LSD
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #7469
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
sounds like a plan.. btw you will get bored and want more soon hehe , human male nature
I hear ya. But like any good addict, I should wait till the current dose doesn't do it for me before taking it to the next level. Theres only so much further to go before dropping serious $$ on a turbo upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #7470
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
I hear ya. But like any good addict, I should wait till the current dose doesn't do it for me before taking it to the next level. Theres only so much further to go before dropping serious $$ on a turbo upgrade.
well, you can go to 500 wtq before upgrading turbos. that's what I had

but definitely take it one step at a time to enjoy it
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

SOLD '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2, Mfactory LSD
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #7471
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
well, you can go to 500 wtq before upgrading turbos. that's what I had

but definitely take it one step at a time to enjoy it
Any harm in running an upgraded K&N panel filter with FBO stage 2? From what I hear it shouldnt be a problem. I'm in AZ and its hotttttt during the summer. I hate the idea of getting a DCI and sucking hot air from the engine bay when its already plenty hot outside.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #7472
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarponman85 View Post
I am having a hell of a time trying to convert an excell document of a datalog I did into a format I can upload. Can 1, 2 or 3 of you PM me your email address so I can send you my datalog in excell?
just create a .zip folder and put a copy of the log in that folder and attach that.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #7473
rborane
Private First Class
5
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: E90 335i 6-Speed
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (1)

This may sound stupid but what is the E30 map and does it come preloaded on the accessport?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #7474
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborane View Post
This may sound stupid but what is the E30 map and does it come preloaded on the accessport?
The E30 map is a map designed for use on a FBO car running atleast a 30% mixture of ethanol fuel. I can't remember if it comes preloaded on the AP but if it doesn't you just download it from Cobb's site.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #7475
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,590
Posts

Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
Any harm in running an upgraded K&N panel filter with FBO stage 2? From what I hear it shouldnt be a problem. I'm in AZ and its hotttttt during the summer. I hate the idea of getting a DCI and sucking hot air from the engine bay when its already plenty hot outside.
no problem at all. a bit more restrictive but you;re fine
__________________
SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

SOLD '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2, Mfactory LSD
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #7476
335XI///M
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2008 335XI Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Hmm I ran it through for over 15k at 3k intervals and cleared up a little rough idle, which was the reason I gave it a shot again. I'd love to get some free sparkplugs and injectors though so if I get that for 50 bucks + the $13 techron I'm cool with that That said after how bad that last log was I'm probably done ever trying it again. Funny that BMW also sells the same cleaner rebranded.
The funny part was my SA told me "There's 2 thing's I have to tell you DO NOT run an K&N or oiled air filter it will mess things up and we wont cover them, and DO go get some Chevron Techron and run it like once a month."

I ran the Techron and got through that tank of gas, before i was even halfway through the second tank (first one after running it) the car was running so badly it died like 20 times literally before I got to a safe place to stop, it sucked.

But the free tune up was the shit I'd totally do it over again, as you said for like $63 lol
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #7477
unic66
Private First Class
Armenia
2
Rep
173
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (1)

2008 335I 6spd with Cobb stg1 Agg tune

It seems like I am losing power can someone tell me why,please?
On virtual Dyno,I lost about 60 ft/lb of torque?
Here is the Datalog:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&usp=sharing
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #7478
335iRlz
Lieutenant Colonel
85
Rep
1,820
Posts

Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unic66 View Post
It seems like I am losing power can someone tell me why,please?
On virtual Dyno,I lost about 60 ft/lb of torque?
Here is the Datalog:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&usp=sharing
I'd step on my own grandmother to have those timing numbers with stage1+fmic aggressive .
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #7479
unic66
Private First Class
Armenia
2
Rep
173
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (1)

I think the IAT numbers were about 10 F higher this time around!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #7480
335iRlz
Lieutenant Colonel
85
Rep
1,820
Posts

Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

So I'm getting ready to add my e85 in (2 gallons) if I decide not to run it or don't see a vast difference is it something that I'll be able to stop using it and not cause problems, or is it like once you dump in e85 you better always do it?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST