E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #7635
sickem
Freude am fahren
 
sickem's Avatar
 
Drives: in the fast lane
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: People's Republic of New Jersey

Posts: 1,944
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
hahaha, I have a degree in electrical and computer engineering so I like this stuff.

Other side has much more tech info and more mature members in general.
yes, I'm seeing that. hey what fmic should I buy?
__________________
Cobb E40 PROtune by Jake@PTF/RR catless DPs/aFe DCI/ETS 5" FMIC/ER CP/Forge DVs/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMW Perf. Exhaust./BMW Performance Style 313s/M-Tech Rear
sickem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #7636
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
yes, I'm seeing that. hey what fmic should I buy?
lol,

I have a better one:
"will forcing my exhaust flap open cause my engine to blow up?"
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #7637
sickem
Freude am fahren
 
sickem's Avatar
 
Drives: in the fast lane
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: People's Republic of New Jersey

Posts: 1,944
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
lol,

I have a better one:
"will forcing my exhaust flap open cause my engine to blow up?"
__________________
Cobb E40 PROtune by Jake@PTF/RR catless DPs/aFe DCI/ETS 5" FMIC/ER CP/Forge DVs/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMW Perf. Exhaust./BMW Performance Style 313s/M-Tech Rear
sickem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #7638
335iRlz
Major
 
Drives: 335i RiP,M3,f10m5 gone, m4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

Posts: 1,291
iTrader: (3)

After mix control code got thrown I threw it back off stage1+fmic sport and tried stage 1 aggressive with just 93 in it.

Log looks ok to me no codes getting thrown after about 50 miles

WOT was just a quick burst up to 120.
Attached Files
File Type: zip datalog1.csv.zip (4.3 KB, 19 views)
335iRlz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #7639
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
I have master's degrees in finance and chemistry so seeing integrals makes my pants tight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
hahaha, I have a degree in electrical and computer engineering so I like this stuff.
I have a construction management cert and a Cert Management in Building Information Modeling, so this stuff makes my head hurt.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #7640
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
I have a construction management cert and a Cert Management in Building Information Modeling, so this stuff makes my head hurt.
haha
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #7641
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
After mix control code got thrown I threw it back off stage1+fmic sport and tried stage 1 aggressive with just 93 in it.

Log looks ok to me no codes getting thrown after about 50 miles

WOT was just a quick burst up to 120.
from my level of expertise, this is a fine log. what was the outside air? very nice CATs.

burst up to 120? MPH?
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #7642
335iRlz
Major
 
Drives: 335i RiP,M3,f10m5 gone, m4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

Posts: 1,291
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
from my level of expertise, this is a fine log. what was the outside air? very nice CATs.

burst up to 120? MPH?
Outside was 65-72 little rain early on in the morning. I wish it looked like that running Stage1+fmic aggressive

Yeah burst I just went like 60-120 and brought it down the second it hit 120
335iRlz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #7643
335iRlz
Major
 
Drives: 335i RiP,M3,f10m5 gone, m4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

Posts: 1,291
iTrader: (3)

log after coil and plug change little bit in cylinder 6. 85 degrees outside. stage 1+fmic aggressive
Attached Files
File Type: zip datalog3.csv.zip (8.2 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by 335iRlz; 05-10-2013 at 04:11 PM.
335iRlz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #7644
x-ricer
Private
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Update: can anyone help with my questions below? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ricer
Hey all: posted a few questions a while back. Any help would be much appreciated!

I have the ppk and bmw performance exhaust on my 2010 e90 335. I believe the ppk is just a flash tune done by bmw, picked up the car used with it already.

So what happens if I do a COBB flash, do I loose my ppk?
If I reflash back to stock will it be the ppk tune or will I loose it all together and go back to full stock?
Also, does the COBB kill the engine overrun exhaust gurgle that comes along with the ppk tune?

Thanks!
A few questions. Thanks for any help!
x-ricer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #7645
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ricer View Post
A few questions. Thanks for any help!
When you install COBB, the first thing it will do is download your DME data. when you uninstall COBB, it will return the DME to its previous state so you won't lose your PPK. you will not be able to use the PPK when COBB is installed though.

If you happen to lose that DME file(Hardrive and AP burst to flames ), then when you uninstall you will receive a generic revision and you lose your PPK.
you can of course upload a back up copy of the rom to a server of your choice for retrieval in case of emergencies.

Best thing to do is email cobb and ask about this.

My exhaust does pop with COBB, but I'm not sure how that compares to PPK.
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #7646
x-ricer
Private
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Thank you!!
x-ricer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #7647
335iRlz
Major
 
Drives: 335i RiP,M3,f10m5 gone, m4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

Posts: 1,291
iTrader: (3)

So yeah still having weird issues under WOT even with new coils, sparks, and oil

Since its not showing up on the logs what could cause almost like a bottleneck of pressure when applying heavy throttle? Because today I hit the gas and I litterally watched the car sit at 2.5k rpms and move ever so slightly towards 3k and then boom full boost car was fine.

Could it be not having a DCI, or could something be going on with the FMIC, or wastegate needs some tweaking

I'd take any suggestions

Last edited by 335iRlz; 05-11-2013 at 03:52 PM.
335iRlz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #7648
Mr.Bimmer
Lieutenant
 
Mr.Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County, Ca

Posts: 435
iTrader: (5)

Stage II Question

I have a Cobb AP now. I'm on Stage 1 sport and sometimes aggressive.
If I go bump up to the Stage II and install catless downpipes, will I get a CEL?
Mr.Bimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #7649
enrita
Major General
 
enrita's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

Posts: 7,323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
So yeah still having weird issues under WOT even with new coils, sparks, and oil

Since its not showing up on the logs what could cause almost like a bottleneck of pressure when applying heavy throttle? Because today I hit the gas and I litterally watched the car sit at 2.5k rpms and move ever so slightly towards 3k and then boom full boost car was fine.

Could it be not having a DCI, or could something be going on with the FMIC, or wastegate needs some tweaking

I'd take any suggestions
Such issue would show on logs. Sounds like heavy tps closure.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
enrita is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #7650
135Pats
Can't decide....
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,502
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bimmer View Post
I have a Cobb AP now. I'm on Stage 1 sport and sometimes aggressive.
If I go bump up to the Stage II and install catless downpipes, will I get a CEL?
Stg2/2+ maps will autoclear the CEL on the dash, and suppress the underlying codes.
__________________
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/RB Turbos/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #7651
335XI///M
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335XI Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Hey Guys, I'm running Stage 1+FMIC Sport right now, stuck with 91 octane in AZ. Been doing some reading up on E85 and it's readily available in my area.

Do you think with 4 Gal of E85 + 12.6 91 Oct I could safely run the Stage 1+ Aggressive map? This would result in an E28 Mix I believe/ 94.5 Oct... Anyone with experience doing this would be greatly appreciated!
__________________
Current Mods: Cobb Stg1+S ~ E20 l Helix FMIC l l aFe Pro Dry Drop In l Eibach Springs l Bilstein Sport Struts l 19" AG M310 Matte Black l Muf Del. 4" Burnt Ti Tips

Last edited by 335XI///M; 05-12-2013 at 02:27 AM.
335XI///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #7652
dallas_jeff
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 192
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
So yeah still having weird issues under WOT even with new coils, sparks, and oil

Since its not showing up on the logs what could cause almost like a bottleneck of pressure when applying heavy throttle? Because today I hit the gas and I litterally watched the car sit at 2.5k rpms and move ever so slightly towards 3k and then boom full boost car was fine.

Could it be not having a DCI, or could something be going on with the FMIC, or wastegate needs some tweaking

I'd take any suggestions
Your car looks to be spooling a little slow, but I'm not sure why. You can see in the log, that once you WOT, the WGDC slams to 57% to build the boost, which is normal, but you're not reaching your peak boost until like 3900 RPM .... I'm using a race map, but my peak boost is reached at around 3000 RPM.
__________________
Bronze Metallic E90 335i, JB4 w/ backend flash, Cobb FMIC, BMS Downpipes, BMS DCI, Remus Race Exhaust, RB Turbos, E85/93, Wavetrac LSD, Diff lockdown, M3 control arms, M3 rear guide rod, M3 subframe bushings.
dallas_jeff is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #7653
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335XI///M View Post
Hey Guys, I'm running Stage 1+FMIC Sport right now, stuck with 91 octane in AZ. Been doing some reading up on E85 and it's readily available in my area.

Do you think with 4 Gal of E85 + 12.6 91 Oct I could safely run the Stage 1+ Aggressive map? This would result in an E28 Mix I believe/ 94.5 Oct... Anyone with experience doing this would be greatly appreciated!
An ~E30 mix should be more than enough to run the aggressive map. I would recommend going into the stage 1+ aggressive map in ATR and adjusting the fuel scalar but other than that you should be fine. Of course, be sure to grab a few datalogs when trying different ethanol mixes to be sure everything is ok
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #7654
335XI///M
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335XI Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post


An ~E30 mix should be more than enough to run the aggressive map. I would recommend going into the stage 1+ aggressive map in ATR and adjusting the fuel scalar but other than that you should be fine. Of course, be sure to grab a few datalogs when trying different ethanol mixes to be sure everything is ok
Thanks for the reply Ænema! I'm new to the Cobb, is the ATR = Access Tuner Race Beta from the Cobb website?

How hard would it be to adjust the fuel scalar? I assume I would want to add just a little more fuel since the E85 leans out the mix, but how much more would it need to be bumped up? Or is this where running logs (also will be a first time endeavor for me) and checking my fuel trims comes into play...

That's a whole other topic there lol, is there a post in this thread detailing how to do logs and check fuel trims etc?

Thanks again for the help man, much appreciated!
__________________
Current Mods: Cobb Stg1+S ~ E20 l Helix FMIC l l aFe Pro Dry Drop In l Eibach Springs l Bilstein Sport Struts l 19" AG M310 Matte Black l Muf Del. 4" Burnt Ti Tips
335XI///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #7655
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335XI///M View Post
Thanks for the reply Ænema! I'm new to the Cobb, is the ATR = Access Tuner Race Beta from the Cobb website?

How hard would it be to adjust the fuel scalar? I assume I would want to add just a little more fuel since the E85 leans out the mix, but how much more would it need to be bumped up? Or is this where running logs (also will be a first time endeavor for me) and checking my fuel trims comes into play...

That's a whole other topic there lol, is there a post in this thread detailing how to do logs and check fuel trims etc?

Thanks again for the help man, much appreciated!
It's no trouble at all to adjust the fuel scalar.

Yes, you download Access Tuner Race from Cobb's site and then you just open whatever map it is you want to edit(S1+ aggressive in this case) then go into the fuel tables and then adjust the scalars(be sure to adjust BOTH bank 1 and 2.) The ATR help file includes a chart to help you get figure out what value to run. The goal is to keep peak fuel trim values in your logs below the mid 20s.

As far as data logging is concerned, give this thread a read. It's a good place to get started taking and reading datalogs. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #7656
335XI///M
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335XI Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
It's no trouble at all to adjust the fuel scalar.

Yes, you download Access Tuner Race from Cobb's site and then you just open whatever map it is you want to edit(S1+ aggressive in this case) then go into the fuel tables and then adjust the scalars(be sure to adjust BOTH bank 1 and 2.) The ATR help file includes a chart to help you get figure out what value to run. The goal is to keep peak fuel trim values in your logs below the mid 20s.

As far as data logging is concerned, give this thread a read. It's a good place to get started taking and reading datalogs. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472
Okay, downloaded VD, ATR, and APM. Put 3 Gal of E85 into a half tank of ACN 91 Octane and topped it off with 91, Resulting in a E24 mix 93.5 Oct.

The car seems to run smoother for sure. I left the flash on Stg 1+ Sport

Here are 2 datalogs 3 & 4th gear pulls in each. Please let me know if it looks okay, I tried to also monitor LTFT and STFT but for some reason it does not seem to have worked... Do I have to un select some stuff in order to be able to see those log values in my logs? Just a case of logging too many things at once maybe?

Ambient Air was about 98/99 F during these pulls. Thanks again for your help Ænema!!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log 2.txt (14.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: txt Log 3.txt (21.0 KB, 21 views)
__________________
Current Mods: Cobb Stg1+S ~ E20 l Helix FMIC l l aFe Pro Dry Drop In l Eibach Springs l Bilstein Sport Struts l 19" AG M310 Matte Black l Muf Del. 4" Burnt Ti Tips

Last edited by 335XI///M; 05-12-2013 at 07:32 PM.
335XI///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST