E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #7723
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
Anyone want to take a look at my logs I posted couple pages back? Thanks.
did anyone help you?
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #7724
jgoldsmith729
Private First Class
8
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: bmw 135i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
I'm happy to check these logs out after work, if your trims were indeed negative throughout the pull, that's certainly a good start.
That would be great. Correction, they were not negative throughout, but they did not exceed 34 when combined LT + ST.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #7725
sickem
Freude am fahren
sickem's Avatar
28
Rep
1,968
Posts

Drives: E90 N54
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Doylestown, PA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
did anyone help you?
i'd appreciate someone taking a look at mine...post 94:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472
__________________
Cobb E40 PROtune by Jake@PTF/RR catless DPs/aFe DCI/ETS 5" FMIC/ER CP/Forge DVs/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMW Perf. Exhaust./BMW Performance Style 313s/M-Tech Rear
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #7726
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

I've been running stg 2+fmic fornthenlast week or so and just switched back to stg1+fmic, both sport on az91 with a couple gallons of e85. How much stronger should going FBO feel. I need to log when I get back from vacation but at the moment stage 1 just feels faster, or I can't feel much of a difference. Maybe I'm pulling timing like crazy and need to increase e85 content. How much of a difference did you guys feel? I'm fmic, dp , cbe, panel filter.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #7727
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
I've been running stg 2+fmic fornthenlast week or so and just switched back to stg1+fmic, both sport on az91 with a couple gallons of e85. How much stronger should going FBO feel. I need to log when I get back from vacation but at the moment stage 1 just feels faster, or I can't feel much of a difference. Maybe I'm pulling timing like crazy and need to increase e85 content. How much of a difference did you guys feel? I'm fmic, dp , cbe, panel filter.
S2+ Sport is definitely more agg. than S1+ Sport. are you getting misfires? like you said, you are probably pulling timing like crazy, but not enough to misfire. 3 gallons of E85 should do the trick......but.....

DO A LOG...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #7728
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
S2+ Sport is definitely more agg. than S1+ Sport. are you getting misfires? like you said, you are probably pulling timing like crazy, but not enough to misfire. 3 gallons of E85 should do the trick......but.....

DO A LOG...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472
I knowwwwwwwwwwwwww. Ive not thrown a single code and the car feels strong. I'll be driving it to Vegas for the weekend and when I'm back on Monday I'll do some logging in mexico.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #7729
135Pats
Major General
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
6,401
Posts

Drives: A few BMWs
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoldsmith729 View Post
Thanks for the help with parameters for datalogging. I went out tonight and did three 3rd gear pulls on COBB OTS E30 maps (v402). All pulls were done with the A/C off and DTC completely disabled. I have a 135i with the following mods:

-DCI
-DP
-FMIC
-Cobb

The weather was 81* and 80% RH. The first pull was uphill, the second was relatively flat, and the third was flat but the on an elevated section of highway with expansion joints causing a slightly rough ride.

I've recently replaced the clutch with a Spec 2+ and the turbos were replaced under warranty. The valves were cleaned 10k miles ago and plugs shortly thereafter. I put 4.25 gallons of e85 and topped off with 93 (~33% ethanol content).

I've attached the datalogs as txt files and was hoping someone could plot / provide insight. I appreciated any help y'all can provide!
Looks good, I wouldn't use much more E85 than that though, your LPFP is right at the limit where it's going to really fail to provide sufficient PSI. Everything else looks pretty clean though, I say keep running it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
i'd appreciate someone taking a look at mine...post 94:
I only looked at the flat ground log, but it looks pretty good for E30. Trims are OK, HPFP is keeping up, but you can see the LPFP struggling (not at all a surprise). Timing corrections are very clean with the added E85, and overall timing looks strong. AFRs are fine, boost is hitting requested amounts. I wouldn't try much more E85 than you're currently running, the LPFP is just about at the limit right now.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472
Looks OK overall. Are you running E85? Timing and boost look like a pretty modest map, AFRs take a second to richen up, but they're great at peak boost and i've seen a billion JB logs with pretty lean conditions. Charge temps?

Edit: I should add I only ask about e85 because you're logging trims, when the timing and boost look like a +1 or 2 map.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Other stuff...652WHP

F30 N55 XDrive EBII

Last edited by 135Pats; 05-23-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #7730
335XI///M
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2008 335XI Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
I've been running stg 2+fmic fornthenlast week or so and just switched back to stg1+fmic, both sport on az91 with a couple gallons of e85. How much stronger should going FBO feel. I need to log when I get back from vacation but at the moment stage 1 just feels faster, or I can't feel much of a difference. Maybe I'm pulling timing like crazy and need to increase e85 content. How much of a difference did you guys feel? I'm fmic, dp , cbe, panel filter.
What besides a better intake & CP/BV you consider FBO?

It's my understanding you'r already there forgoing those 2 items, and the CP/BOV wont even help power at all...

The Intake I can see maybe holding you back with FMIC, DP, CBE and S2+FMIC since everything else is so much higher flow than stock...
__________________
Current Mods: Cobb Stg1+S ~ E20 l Helix FMIC l l aFe Pro Dry Drop In l Eibach Springs l Bilstein Sport Struts l 19" AG M310 Matte Black l Muf Del. 4" Burnt Ti Tips
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #7731
jaykayelemenohpee
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335XI///M View Post
What besides a better intake & CP/BV you consider FBO?

It's my understanding you'r already there forgoing those 2 items, and the CP/BOV wont even help power at all...

The Intake I can see maybe holding you back with FMIC, DP, CBE and S2+FMIC since everything else is so much higher flow than stock...
CP and intake are all I'm missing. No boost leaks so no need to change cp yet. Held 18.5 psi fine. From what nice read the stock intake with a high flown filter is pretty decent. Since I'm in AZ I've been avoiding a DCI setup. Once I log I'll know form sure but I'd bet octane is my limiting factor and I should try 3 or 4 gallons of e85. Should post some logs Monday night.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #7732
335XI///M
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2008 335XI Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
CP and intake are all I'm missing. No boost leaks so no need to change cp yet. Held 18.5 psi fine. From what nice read the stock intake with a high flown filter is pretty decent. Since I'm in AZ I've been avoiding a DCI setup. Once I log I'll know form sure but I'd bet octane is my limiting factor and I should try 3 or 4 gallons of e85. Should post some logs Monday night.
Lol, nice we should meet up and have a beer man. I'm in Phoenix, also running the stock box with a aFe dry drop in filter, mine loves about 3.1 Gal of E85 + the rest crummy AZ91 once the gas light comes on. I'm running the S1+ Sport maps and the car seems to love it.

Did you notice a major difference with the DP & CBE? On my old A4 1.8t the damn downpipe made as big a difference as the tune did!
__________________
Current Mods: Cobb Stg1+S ~ E20 l Helix FMIC l l aFe Pro Dry Drop In l Eibach Springs l Bilstein Sport Struts l 19" AG M310 Matte Black l Muf Del. 4" Burnt Ti Tips
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #7733
135Pats
Major General
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
6,401
Posts

Drives: A few BMWs
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335XI///M View Post
Lol, nice we should meet up and have a beer man. I'm in Phoenix, also running the stock box with a aFe dry drop in filter, mine loves about 3.1 Gal of E85 + the rest crummy AZ91 once the gas light comes on. I'm running the S1+ Sport maps and the car seems to love it.

Did you notice a major difference with the DP & CBE? On my old A4 1.8t the damn downpipe made as big a difference as the tune did!
These motors get very octane hungry as you crank things up, E85 is so awesome
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Other stuff...652WHP

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #7734
Jeef
Major
United_States
26
Rep
1,075
Posts

Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
Anyone want to take a look at my logs I posted couple pages back? Thanks.
did anyone help you?
Not yet but my cars at lt so ill have to make new logs when it comes back thanks though!

I could post my old logs but won't do me any good now.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #7735
Jeef
Major
United_States
26
Rep
1,075
Posts

Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
CP and intake are all I'm missing. No boost leaks so no need to change cp yet. Held 18.5 psi fine. From what nice read the stock intake with a high flown filter is pretty decent. Since I'm in AZ I've been avoiding a DCI setup. Once I log I'll know form sure but I'd bet octane is my limiting factor and I should try 3 or 4 gallons of e85. Should post some logs Monday night.
nice my stock charge pipe holding up as well and im running e30 map! Good to hear. when do you guys think a cp replacement will be needed?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #7736
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
nice my stock charge pipe holding up as well and im running e30 map! Good to hear. when do you guys think a cp replacement will be needed?
The stock CP's cheapo rubber is of pretty poor design for high boost. I'd recommend changing it out as your next mod. Some guys get away with it for a log time but for some guys it leads to an occasional boost leak that becomes hard to track down.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #7737
335XI///M
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2008 335XI Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
These motors get very octane hungry as you crank things up, E85 is so awesome
LPFP Aside you do you think long term it'll f*** anything else expensive up> Injectors, Lines, Etc?

Mine loves a couple gals per tank, but I dont know about running it on a permanent basis... Then again, i'm sure it's not good to run a map which timing retards out from too low octane either... What a long term quandary i'm in lol

Wish we just had good old 93 here in AZ
__________________
Current Mods: Cobb Stg1+S ~ E20 l Helix FMIC l l aFe Pro Dry Drop In l Eibach Springs l Bilstein Sport Struts l 19" AG M310 Matte Black l Muf Del. 4" Burnt Ti Tips
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #7738
135Pats
Major General
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
6,401
Posts

Drives: A few BMWs
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335XI///M View Post
LPFP Aside you do you think long term it'll f*** anything else expensive up> Injectors, Lines, Etc?

Mine loves a couple gals per tank, but I dont know about running it on a permanent basis... Then again, i'm sure it's not good to run a map which timing retards out from too low octane either... What a long term quandary i'm in lol

Wish we just had good old 93 here in AZ
I'm no expert when it comes to Ethanol, but anecdotal evidence suggests the car can handle pretty aggressive mixes without trouble, assuming it can keep up with the fueling demands (LPFP as you mentioned, and HPFP at stronger mixes). In Brazil all gas is minimum E20, and to my knowledge BMW did nothing to the fuel systems of N54s shipped over there, so they appear to be comfortable with at least modest mixes. Alot of people here run their cars with E30-greater, and you see very few instances of failure linked to ethanol usage (in fairness i'm not sure how one could conclusively link a hardware failure to ethanol). Tuners are also extremely receptive to tuning with it, though that's more for performance than anything. I wouldn't worry about it man.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Other stuff...652WHP

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #7739
blakdout335
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Manassas

iTrader: (0)

I've been seeing a lot of talk about issues after flashing with Cobb. Just a "weird" coincidence or is something up? I've been seeing a lot of Misfire talk, so I am scared to flash mine right now. Just got the Cobb AP a couple weeks ago, and waited to install my FMIC first. Almost done but the AA FMIC is not exactly bolt on, running into some problems with fitment. Would love to hear some feedback on the AP.
__________________
2009 335i Jet Black LCI
BMS DCI, COBB, AA FMIC, BLACK AG310's Staggered, Black Kidney, Chrome Delete Vinyl Wrap, Reflector delete, M3 Rear Spoiler, MTech H8 AE's, GP Thunder Fogs.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #7740
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdout335 View Post
I've been seeing a lot of talk about issues after flashing with Cobb. Just a "weird" coincidence or is something up? I've been seeing a lot of Misfire talk, so I am scared to flash mine right now. Just got the Cobb AP a couple weeks ago, and waited to install my FMIC first. Almost done but the AA FMIC is not exactly bolt on, running into some problems with fitment. Would love to hear some feedback on the AP.
Ir's not exactly coincidence... nor is it exactly the tunes fault. A tune pushes the car much harder than the stock mapping and if there is a weak point(plugs, coil or injector) than it will probably be exposed. However, aside from common maintenance items, the risk of something going wrong is EXTREMELEY low.

Long story short: install the AP and enjoy it. If you get a misfire then order a new set of plugs
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #7741
JLiusifer
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

I replaced my plugs and the coil from the misfiring cylinder. No more problems!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #7742
135Pats
Major General
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
6,401
Posts

Drives: A few BMWs
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdout335 View Post
I've been seeing a lot of talk about issues after flashing with Cobb. Just a "weird" coincidence or is something up? I've been seeing a lot of Misfire talk, so I am scared to flash mine right now. Just got the Cobb AP a couple weeks ago, and waited to install my FMIC first. Almost done but the AA FMIC is not exactly bolt on, running into some problems with fitment. Would love to hear some feedback on the AP.
Aenema covered it, id just add that the underlying values of OTS maps are rock solid, at this point Cobb has had half a decade to understand the DME and the n54s boost/load logic. I have never heard of the actual tune causing a critical motor failure, if a plug or coil etc "fails" its just a result of a worn out part. You cant really blame the tune for that. Obviously when you mess with ATR, youre on your own and results will vary depending on what you mess with.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #7743
Jeef
Major
United_States
26
Rep
1,075
Posts

Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nema
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
nice my stock charge pipe holding up as well and im running e30 map! Good to hear. when do you guys think a cp replacement will be needed?
The stock CP's cheapo rubber is of pretty poor design for high boost. I'd recommend changing it out as your next mod. Some guys get away with it for a log time but for some guys it leads to an occasional boost leak that becomes hard to track down.
Well I guess im running stock till I have a boost leak haha
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #7744
blakdout335
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Manassas

iTrader: (0)

Not to jack the post or subject, but has anyone installed an AA FMIC before? PITA as it was not direct bolt on replacement, like the HPF FMIC I saw. new hoses and pipe needed and not easy fitment.
__________________
2009 335i Jet Black LCI
BMS DCI, COBB, AA FMIC, BLACK AG310's Staggered, Black Kidney, Chrome Delete Vinyl Wrap, Reflector delete, M3 Rear Spoiler, MTech H8 AE's, GP Thunder Fogs.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST