E90Post
 


Motormavericks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #8053
DallasBoosted
Captain
26

 
DallasBoosted's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas


Posts: 864
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Josh@Cobb is it possible to change the idle RPM through ATR?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #8054
JDrago1926
335i Owner
27

 
Drives: BMW 335i 4 Door
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York


Posts: 785
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
edit wrong thread
__________________
E90 - 2007 BMW 335i Sedan
40K miles
7" VRSF FMIC | BMS DCI | AR Catless DPs | OFT Stage 2
KW v2 Coilovers | M3 Front Control Arms
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #8055
Ænema
Captain
11

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay


Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
Josh@Cobb is it possible to change the idle RPM through ATR?
It depends on which ROM you have. It's not available ATM for I8AOS but I'm not sure about the others.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #8056
BMJ
Captain
34

 
BMJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia


Posts: 869
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Have traction control completely off. Be safe
yeh watch how you hit the throttle when it's off!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #8057
wheelj81
New Member
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Anyone using a Cobb N54 flash up in Denver on an otherwise stock car? I'm curious what map you're using and what experiences you've had?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #8058
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
26

 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca


Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelj81 View Post
Anyone using a Cobb N54 flash up in Denver on an otherwise stock car? I'm curious what map you're using and what experiences you've had?
Better luck in the local threads..
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #8059
08AWD335
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 08 335XI
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NJ


Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Im about to go install my AP. Just out of curiosity, if the battery dies during installation, what happens(other than needing a jump)?


Secondly, how do I find my ecu code to download the correct map from the below link? Or do maps come preloaded on it? It didnt show any in the AP Manager.
http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport...w/BMW-OTS-Maps

Last edited by 08AWD335; 07-17-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #8060
shiftmr2t
Enlisted Member
1

 
shiftmr2t's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i xDrive 6spd White
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelj81 View Post
Anyone using a Cobb N54 flash up in Denver on an otherwise stock car? I'm curious what map you're using and what experiences you've had?
I'm in Denver and stock with Stage 1 Linear Sport with the 6spd. I really love it and it's a huge boost over stock, also it gets better MPG. Super fun up in the mountains. At this altitude with the free spinning turbos and this tune this thing flies compared with NA cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #8061
rondocap
Captain
97

 
rondocap's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY/NJ


Posts: 600
iTrader: (1)

I had Ppk before, and installed cobb after I saved it. Then I uninstalled cobb. How can I know if ppk was reinstalled correctly and not some other stock map?

Is there a code or number i can check with my cobb reader?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #8062
DallasBoosted
Captain
26

 
DallasBoosted's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas


Posts: 864
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
It depends on which ROM you have. It's not available ATM for I8AOS but I'm not sure about the others.
I have IJEOS, and I don't see any idle tables in there, which is probably the obvious answer. But I wanted to know if I was missing anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #8063
Ænema
Captain
11

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay


Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
I have IJEOS, and I don't see any idle tables in there, which is probably the obvious answer. But I wanted to know if I was missing anything.
Shoot josh an email directly at josh.dankel@cobbtuning.com and inquire there. I honestly wouldn't mind having some idle tables available on I8AOS myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #8064
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
United_States
44

 
Chicks-Love-Bimmers's Avatar
 
Drives: FBO 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bellevue, Washington


Posts: 739
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I'm getting two codes I don't really know much about, p2eff - electric fans self diagnosis and p2f0d radiator blind (glf)
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #8065
wheelj81
New Member
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmr2t View Post
I'm in Denver and stock with Stage 1 Linear Sport with the 6spd. I really love it and it's a huge boost over stock, also it gets better MPG. Super fun up in the mountains. At this altitude with the free spinning turbos and this tune this thing flies compared with NA cars.
I've done that too but with the stock throttle. I have the 6MT as well. I just worry when I see boost up around 15 PSI.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #8066
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
26

 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca


Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AWD335 View Post
Im about to go install my AP. Just out of curiosity, if the battery dies during installation, what happens(other than needing a jump)?


Secondly, how do I find my ecu code to download the correct map from the below link? Or do maps come preloaded on it? It didnt show any in the AP Manager.
http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport...w/BMW-OTS-Maps




secondly, once you plug in your AP to OBDII it will tell you your ROM.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #8067
135Pats
8-2
United_States
70

 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland


Posts: 5,652
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelj81 View Post
I've done that too but with the stock throttle. I have the 6MT as well. I just worry when I see boost up around 15 PSI.
15PSI midrange? Whats the concern?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #8068
08AWD335
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 08 335XI
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NJ


Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Just installed stage 1 aggressive. Apparently I had a tune on my car from the previous owner but overwrote it. Install went well, only took about 20 minutes.

Drives ok, have misfires on cyl4 when i really get on it. Otherwise can definitely feel a difference. Gonna baby it tomorrow and change the plugs on Saturday. Hopefully that fixes the misfire.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #8069
ZTUNER
Lieutenant
17

 
Drives: 91 Z32TT, 2000 I30, 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sarasota


Posts: 536
iTrader: (0)

cobb atr table information

In all the cobb threads i have not yet seen a comprehensive explanation of what each table controls. Some stuff is obvious whereas some tables are cryptic in description. Can anyone point me to this info ?

Harry
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #8070
Carl Morris
Captain
13

 
Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boulder, CO


Posts: 639
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTUNER View Post
In all the cobb threads i have not yet seen a comprehensive explanation of what each table controls. Some stuff is obvious whereas some tables are cryptic in description. Can anyone point me to this info ?

Harry
Sounds like you're coming into this with the same assumptions I made. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way. As far as I can tell various people including Cobb have taken the image and searched through it for tables. I know that there are automated tools to do this, but I don't know how good they are. Or it's possibly it was done by hand. At any rate, when you're done you end up with this list of tables that you don't necessarily know what they do.

Then it appears the work began of identifying what could be identified. If you know what you're looking for timing and fuel tables kind of have a signature look and if you understand assembly language you can figure out some additional things. Once you at least have figured out the main timing and fuel table and found something that will allow you to influence boost you have the basics you need to start selling a product. Any additional tables you can understand are just a bonus.

My assumption coming into this was that Cobb had a complete understanding of every table they allowed access to, but since then I've come to the conclusion that nobody does. Not to insult anybody, but the tuning world now seems to be about providing access to at least most of whatever tables are found, identifying the most important ones if possible and then letting nature take its course as the most motivated customers experiment. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I was mislead thinking the labels on the tables meant that the table was exactly what the label said it was and I no longer believe that.

Bottom line, there is no comprehensive explanation other than the Cobb docs, and I would not take the labels on the maps as gospel. The high end tuners such as PTF and JZW seem to have put the most time into gaining the best understanding of the full range of what's going on (possibly working with Cobb in PTF's case) but part of their competitive advantage is to not publish everything they know.

Anyway, that's how I see it as of this morning.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #8071
P Casey
Captain
16

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Antonio


Posts: 786
iTrader: (2)

Finally stepping up and doing a pro tune . Been sitting at stage 2 +fmic aggressive LT for a while. Hopefully it will be a big difference. I was thinking about just doing the 93oct tune but since I have access to e85 ill be going that route. Ill start posting dynos, times in the near future.
__________________
| BBS LM-R DBK | AA Race FMIC | AR DP | Cobb | AA BOV | KW Coils | Vangaurd V2 | M-Sport |
| K-Sport BBK | Exotic Speed CAI | Pro Tuned | Predator Orion V4 |
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #8072
davidwarren
Private First Class
1

 
davidwarren's Avatar
 
Drives: '01 325i '06 325i '10 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, ky


Posts: 180
iTrader: (0)

any insight on current map revisions in the works? I am running stage 1 + FMIC LT aggressive. I wouldn't mind a bit of the throttle lag worked out.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #8073
135Pats
8-2
United_States
70

 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland


Posts: 5,652
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren View Post
any insight on current map revisions in the works? I am running stage 1 + FMIC LT aggressive. I wouldn't mind a bit of the throttle lag worked out.
I wouldn’t get your hopes up for significant pump gas OTS map revisions, they’re pretty solid right now outside of some boost overshoot issues on the more aggressive maps. Cobb can only do so much before a certain % of users fall outside of their “safe” OTS range, because of that the maps generally speaking have to be very conservative and “un-tuned” to your specific car. They have to work equally well for people in Lubbock, and people in Denver. Which is why pro-tuning is so valuable. You could use ATR to have boost come on more aggressively if that’s your goal. But I get the sense they’re pretty happy with the 4.02 OTS maps.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #8074
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
26

 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca


Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
I wouldn’t get your hopes up for significant pump gas OTS map revisions, they’re pretty solid right now outside of some boost overshoot issues on the more aggressive maps. Cobb can only do so much before a certain % of users fall outside of their “safe” OTS range, because of that the maps generally speaking have to be very conservative and “un-tuned” to your specific car. They have to work equally well for people in Lubbock, and people in Denver. Which is why pro-tuning is so valuable. You could use ATR to have boost come on more aggressively if that’s your goal. But I get the sense they’re pretty happy with the 4.02 OTS maps.
+100
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST