E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here

10-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #8295
Glowin
Captain

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
You are getting some minor timing corrections on a few cylinders. After logging, did you do a few WOT pulls to give it time to adapt?
He's got corrections in every single cylinder? And multiple corrections in most of them. IIRC, only one cylinder had just one correction during the pull.
Glowin is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #8296
Gemballa1980
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
You are getting some minor timing corrections on a few cylinders. After logging, did you do a few WOT pulls to give it time to adapt?
Hmmm Actually no. Probably not a bad idea! I usually drive it around for a bit - hard but no WOT runs.. And then log it..

I'll do a few WOT pulls and then log. Watch this space!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #8297
deathbunny
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by buylongterm View Post
Oops. Your right. I meant stage 1+ FMIC.

Thanks. Any FMIC you could recommend? I talked to the service manager at dealership yesterday and he said don't worry about getting Dinan. A FMIC shouldn't void my warranty.
You might already know this but just incase you dont. Dinan parts can still void your BMW factory warranty. You are supposed to be covered by a Dinan warranty but your factory BMW warranty can still be voided even with Dinan parts. With that said I haven't heard of one person on here having warranty issues over an upgraded FMIC.
      10-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #8298
tphss
das Eichhörnchen

Drives: 13' M3 ESS, 11' 335i, 09' 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbunny View Post
You might already know this but just incase you dont. Dinan parts can still void your BMW factory warranty. You are supposed to be covered by a Dinan warranty but your factory BMW warranty can still be voided even with Dinan parts. With that said I haven't heard of one person on here having warranty issues over an upgraded FMIC.
It all depends, I wouldn't walk confidently into a dealership with an upgraded FMIC...
You never know the SA you're going to get. The first one I went to when I got to Atlanta and still had warranty was an unenthusiastic, unpleasant person who I am sure would try to screw me if I had a FMIC.
tphss is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #8299
D25mn
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
DME is obviously sensing a lean condition in one of the exhaust banks, but you’ve knocked out most of the typical culprits. Is the car drivable enough to pull a WOT log? If you’re running pump gas, it’s tough to believe that an OTS map would get you into trim issues. Hm…It could just be that an O2 got fried, it’s one of the least reliable sensors on the car and fails with alarming frequency. This would be the pre-cat O2, to be clear.
Wanted to update everyone on this. I have been Cobb Stage 0 map for about 2 weeks now. The lean code is not coming back, but when the car sits for 8 hours then you crank it, you hear a bit of a stumble. This is very indicate of fuel injector leaking. Last time I had to wait till I got the check engine code... wondering if I can get it reviewed prior.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #8300
labedra
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92 6 MT

Can anyone tell me if i got issues here?
3 Dyno Pulls Log File - pulling timing on all cylinders, normal?
366HP / 439 ft/lbs torque.

COBB tune STAGE 2 FMIC Agressive v4.02
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsn0xhzmr0...yno%20Pull.csv

Thanks!

.../// TURBO! Why in the world would you choose anything else?... ///

Last edited by labedra; 10-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.
labedra is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #8301
labedra
First Lieutenant

No takers?

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #8302
Carl Morris
Captain

Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT

I don't like all the timing pulls, but it seems worse at light load sometimes than WOT so it's not as scary as thought when I first started scanning. What fuel are you running? I would back down to Sport if it was me, or start using ATR to make a custom timing map. I wouldn't run it on a road course that way, but it's probably not going to hurt anything on the street with just a few seconds of WOT here and there.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #8303
135Pats
8-2

Drives: 135i

I’ll look at that log when I’m home from work…but just putzing around town the DME uses timing corrections and ignition advance/retard as a normal part of its logic. There is nothing remotely odd or wrong if you are seeing timing corrections under partial throttle. It’s under WOT that you want to see things settle down.
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is online now   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #8304
s!ke
Captain

Drives: e92 335 6MT

Garage List
I have a couple of questions before I buy one of these and I don't have time to view all 380 pages. (Already looked through the FAQ's)

1) What is the difference between the v2 and v3? Just touch screen? I can still use any maps on v2?
2) Do they have a quick way to reset it back to stock without unmarrying it (if I want to take it to the dealer to get it checked out)
3) If I have catless downpipes will it clear the o2 sensor codes (like JB4 auto clear?)
4) Is Accessport now available for my tuner?
5) Do they have the ability to add multiple maps? How many? Switch on the go? (it just says it takes minutes)
6) What is the best map for DCI, DPs, Charge Pipe/FOrge DV's, and FMIC?
7) Is there a special map I need to use or any extra things I will need to use E85? Or can I just fill up with E85 and set it to my FBO map?
8) Does this work with MAC OSX? or If anything will it work fine in Parallels?

Thanks guys.

/// 2008 e92 335i 6sp JB/CR | COBB AP | AR DP's | AFE DCI | FMIC | BMS Cowl Filters | Stett CP | Forge DV's | Sig photo by jMeas!
s!ke is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #8305
Carl Morris
Captain

Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
I’ll look at that log when I’m home from work…but just putzing around town the DME uses timing corrections and ignition advance/retard as a normal part of its logic. There is nothing remotely odd or wrong if you are seeing timing corrections under partial throttle. It’s under WOT that you want to see things settle down.
I know I can tune it out. Why would I want to let it do that as part of normal operation? I still want to know what fuel he's running, because I don't think it's good enough for that timing table.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #8306
deadmn1337
Captain

Drives: '08 JB E92 335xi

See below in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s!ke View Post
I have a couple of questions before I buy one of these and I don't have time to view all 380 pages. (Already looked through the FAQ's)

1) What is the difference between the v2 and v3? Just touch screen? I can still use any maps on v2?V3 allows for multiple gauges to be displayed at once and a little larger than the v2
2) Do they have a quick way to reset it back to stock without unmarrying it (if I want to take it to the dealer to get it checked out)There is a stage 0 map that sets it back to a stock mapping but the cobb is still married, if the dealer updates the ecu or anything you will probably have a problem if it erases the tune
3) If I have catless downpipes will it clear the o2 sensor codes (like JB4 auto clear?)Any stage 2 map will auto clear
4) Is Accessport now available for my tuner?A tuner can buy the ATP tuning software or you can use ATR
5) Do they have the ability to add multiple maps? How many? Switch on the go? (it just says it takes minutes)The AP can hold a good amount of maps, mine has like 9 maps on it but i only use two. You can switch but not while driving or anything. You will have to pull over and turn the car off to switch maps.
6) What is the best map for DCI, DPs, Charge Pipe/FOrge DV's, and FMIC?Stage 2+ is created for those mods or you can try any of the race maps.
7) Is there a special map I need to use or any extra things I will need to use E85? Or can I just fill up with E85 and set it to my FBO map?Cobb has a beta race e30 map that you can use just make sure to log and make adjustments if needed.
8) Does this work with MAC OSX? or If anything will it work fine in Parallels?Not sure myself but haven't heard of any problems using either.

Thanks guys.
deadmn1337 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #8307
labedra
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Morris View Post
I don't like all the timing pulls, but it seems worse at light load sometimes than WOT so it's not as scary as thought when I first started scanning. What fuel are you running? I would back down to Sport if it was me, or start using ATR to make a custom timing map. I wouldn't run it on a road course that way, but it's probably not going to hurt anything on the street with just a few seconds of WOT here and there.
Ya going back to Sport, I think GAS octane rating is BS here in Chicago. Anyway that was on 93 Octane, I have full bolt ons. Scheduled PRO Dyno tune at P and L Motorsports anyone knows their reputation for tuning?

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #8308
sofresh
Captain

Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by s!ke View Post

1) What is the difference between the v2 and v3? Just touch screen? I can still use any maps on v2?
2) Do they have a quick way to reset it back to stock without unmarrying it (if I want to take it to the dealer to get it checked out)
3) If I have catless downpipes will it clear the o2 sensor codes (like JB4 auto clear?)
4) Is Accessport now available for my tuner?
5) Do they have the ability to add multiple maps? How many? Switch on the go? (it just says it takes minutes)
6) What is the best map for DCI, DPs, Charge Pipe/FOrge DV's, and FMIC?
7) Is there a special map I need to use or any extra things I will need to use E85? Or can I just fill up with E85 and set it to my FBO map?
8) Does this work with MAC OSX? or If anything will it work fine in Parallels?

Thanks guys.
I have used it on my macbook pro and have never had any issues
sofresh is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #8309
Give_Em_The_DD
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 black 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by labedra View Post
Ya going back to Sport, I think GAS octane rating is BS here in Chicago. Anyway that was on 93 Octane, I have full bolt ons. Scheduled PRO Dyno tune at P and L Motorsports anyone knows their reputation for tuning?
P & L in franklin park? I know they did a really nice job on a PRO tune on my buddies 2010 WRX. From what I've been told they do really quality work. I personally didn't know they even did bmw until a few days ago. I was going to go with an e-tune from PTF, but now you have me thinking of making the trip from plainfield to P & L. Keep me posted on how it goes!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #8310
labedra
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Em_The_DD View Post
P & L in franklin park? I know they did a really nice job on a PRO tune on my buddies 2010 WRX. From what I've been told they do really quality work. I personally didn't know they even did bmw until a few days ago. I was going to go with an e-tune from PTF, but now you have me thinking of making the trip from plainfield to P & L. Keep me posted on how it goes!

Yep Franklin Park IL. I don't want someone that is not qualified to work on this. They told me they will fly some guy by nick name of Junior to do the tune on many cars. I rather pay couple hundred more then pay like 5K for a 2nd hand engine if they blow. Got their address right off COBBs web site so I hope they are good. I have seen cars blow up on dyno lately and after that I changed my mind and went with P and L. I let you know after 11th of Nov.

Anyway I really need to learn how to do this tuning my self but not on my car LOL.

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #8311
loweredram
First Lieutenant

Drives: 07 bmw 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffman View Post
I started getting these codes while running E40 Cobb with a protune:
p29e0
p29e1
p0171 SES
So I ran the tank down to empty, filled with Shell 93 VPower and flashed back to Stage 0. Continued to get these codes. On second tank of Shell 93/Stage 0 and continue to get these codes like this every time:
First p29e0, then p29e1 (fuel mixture) and then eventually p0171 (lean condition). Typically when cold, less frequently when warm, but every day now. Once the third p0171 occurs then the SES light comes on. All clear fine but it repeats. Here are two logs:

http://www.datazap.me/u/jeffman/e10-...codes-wot-runs

http://www.datazap.me/u/jeffman/e10-...ottle-diagnose

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing these codes?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but Im having the exact same problem. I was running the OTS Cobb E30 map and calculated wrong ending up with an E34. Car ran great I happened to check for codes and got 29E0 fuel mixture control,
29E1 fuel mixture control 2, and P2AAF fuel pumpe, plausibility. The car did kick a SES light at one point but no limp mode. I was running low on fuel so I cleared the codes and filled up with a quarter tank left with shell 91 and switched maps back to Stage 2 +. The P2AAAF code never came back but the 29E0 and 29E1 keep returning even after the 2nd full tank of 91. I do have UR catted downpipes which never threw a code after I installed them on the car stock before I got a tune. A buddy of mine said the E85 could have killed the cats which is why I'm getting the codes now. Ive read these are the codes you get when you go with cat-less downpipes. The car runs and pulls great LPFP is in range not sure what else to check. If this is a cat-less down pipe code I'm gonna ditch these UR catted down pipes and just go cat-less.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #8312
sickem
Freude am fahren

Drives: in the fast lane

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by loweredram View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but Im having the exact same problem. I was running the OTS Cobb E30 map and calculated wrong ending up with an E34. Car ran great I happened to check for codes and got 29E0 fuel mixture control,
29E1 fuel mixture control 2, and P2AAF fuel pumpe, plausibility. The car did kick a SES light at one point but no limp mode. I was running low on fuel so I cleared the codes and filled up with a quarter tank left with shell 91 and switched maps back to Stage 2 +. The P2AAAF code never came back but the 29E0 and 29E1 keep returning even after the 2nd full tank of 91. I do have UR catted downpipes which never threw a code after I installed them on the car stock before I got a tune. A buddy of mine said the E85 could have killed the cats which is why I'm getting the codes now. Ive read these are the codes you get when you go with cat-less downpipes. The car runs and pulls great LPFP is in range not sure what else to check. If this is a cat-less down pipe code I'm gonna ditch these UR catted down pipes and just go cat-less.
This happens with my car too. What rom do u have?
I'm ijeos...P2AAF code is just standard for Cobb...it's harmless
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #8313
loweredram
First Lieutenant

Drives: 07 bmw 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
I have I8A0S . Ive been running the cob for about 6 months with no codes until about 3 weeks of running the E30 maps then the P2AAF, P29E0, and P29E1 started showing up. now that Im back running 91 with stage 2+ ST I'm just getting the P29E0, and P29E1 codes
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #8314
Schnitzel
Private First Class

Drives: E92 335i MT

Any plans to deactivate cat warm-up cycle in the near future?
      10-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #8315
sickem
Freude am fahren

Drives: in the fast lane

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by loweredram
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
I have I8A0S . Ive been running the cob for about 6 months with no codes until about 3 weeks of running the E30 maps then the P2AAF, P29E0, and P29E1 started showing up. now that Im back running 91 with stage 2+ ST I'm just getting the P29E0, and P29E1 codes
I'd just keep an eye on it. If your trims and afrs are fine then I think it's just the dme reacting to a fuel mixture it was never intended for
      10-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #8316
Give_Em_The_DD
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 black 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by labedra View Post
Yep Franklin Park IL. I don't want someone that is not qualified to work on this. They told me they will fly some guy by nick name of Junior to do the tune on many cars. I rather pay couple hundred more then pay like 5K for a 2nd hand engine if they blow. Got their address right off COBBs web site so I hope they are good. I have seen cars blow up on dyno lately and after that I changed my mind and went with P and L. I let you know after 11th of Nov.

Anyway I really need to learn how to do this tuning my self but not on my car LOL.
What did they quote you at for the tune??

And yes, I haven't worked up the balls to tune myself lol
Appreciate 0