E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #1189
kuruca
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
389
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335xi, e46m3 / z06
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ct

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
The fan running on cold start is a common issue, usually its not tune related.

Universal code readers cant read all the codes BMW has. Some codes show up in shadow codes and the like which only a BT tool would be able to see.

Sometimes that fan running on cold start issue is just a fluke. Ive seen many times tuned and not tuned.

Reset everything and see what happens.

260 oil temp is not normal.
thanks for the input
260 oil temp when i drove it hard for 3- 4 minutes?
rehular driving in middle 250 is that normal
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #1190
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
245
Rep
18,392
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruca View Post
thanks for the input
260 oil temp when i drove it hard for 3- 4 minutes?
rehular driving in middle 250 is that normal
If you have an oil cooler its not normal. People who exceed 250+ oil temps with oil coolers are usually hot lapping on road courses.

If you dont have an oil cooler, a)you should get one if tuned and B) that is why your seeing those high temps.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #1191
kuruca
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
389
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335xi, e46m3 / z06
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ct

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
If you have an oil cooler its not normal. People who exceed 250+ oil temps with oil coolers are usually hot lapping on road courses.

If you dont have an oil cooler, a)you should get one if tuned and B) that is why your seeing those high temps.
I have the stock oil cooler,
car is 08 fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #1192
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
245
Rep
18,392
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruca View Post
I have the stock oil cooler,
car is 08 fully loaded
Reset everything and see what happens. Go from there.
Maybe a thermostat is locked up or a sensor is on the fritz.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #1193
LionOfGosforth
Private First Class
1
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335xi coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (3)

Ok been reading this thread with a great interest. For someone like me who is a complete noob at all things tuning-related...my car is bone stock, if I install Cobb AP and run stage 1 octane 93 then want to switch back to map 0 (stock), is this map identical to the car without any Cobb AP intervention at all? I mean in driving behavior, pull etc? I realise that when going to the dealer, the AP needs to be "unmarried" but if I just wanted to drive regularly like I do now, is map 0 going to provide that "stock" feel? I'm driving an 09 335xi coupe and very interested in this type of tune. No real plans to need to go beyond stage 1 at this point. Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #1194
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
245
Rep
18,392
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionOfGosforth View Post
Ok been reading this thread with a great interest. For someone like me who is a complete noob at all things tuning-related...my car is bone stock, if I install Cobb AP and run stage 1 octane 93 then want to switch back to map 0 (stock), is this map identical to the car without any Cobb AP intervention at all? I mean in driving behavior, pull etc? I realise that when going to the dealer, the AP needs to be "unmarried" but if I just wanted to drive regularly like I do now, is map 0 going to provide that "stock" feel? I'm driving an 09 335xi coupe and very interested in this type of tune. No real plans to need to go beyond stage 1 at this point. Thanks all.
If you ran map 0 you probably wouldnt know you had a tune on the car. So yes I believe is the answer to your question.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #1195
Maxicooper
Second Lieutenant
Maxicooper's Avatar
4
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Elicott City, MD

iTrader: (2)

Have a chance for dyno run yesterday.

2008 335xi steptronic

Running Stage 1, 93 octane, V 2.01, first then switch to Stage 0, V 2.00.



The car was funtactic.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #1196
LionOfGosforth
Private First Class
1
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335xi coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
If you ran map 0 you probably wouldnt know you had a tune on the car. So yes I believe is the answer to your question.
Thanks Jeff - is it typical in your experience that map 0 is a good selection for a daily commute? or is stage 1 map still a "daily driveable" map also?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #1197
pHo_e92
Captain
pHo_e92's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: SGM e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 905

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.63]
2000 BMW 323i  [3.00]
1997 Honda Civic HB  [5.00]
2007 BMW X5 4.8  [5.00]
i always have my car on stage 1 lol i like to drive knowing i have all that power
__________________
08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS | Ground Control | Vortex Tuning |
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #1198
O HELLA BMW
I <3 My E93
O HELLA BMW's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
3,167
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i vert
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA

iTrader: (21)

^ cobb only has a stage 1 lol or am I missing something ?? I know cobb is releasing star 2 soon I believe
__________________
08 BMW 335i E93
**Stance will make B!tches Dance**
CCW LM5T
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #1199
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
245
Rep
18,392
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionOfGosforth View Post
Thanks Jeff - is it typical in your experience that map 0 is a good selection for a daily commute? or is stage 1 map still a "daily driveable" map also?
You could leave your car on stage 1 and drive around commuting seamlessly.

The only way you know your tuned is when you go heavy on the throttle.

99% of the cobb users just drive daily on stage 1. Map 0 is only if you cant handle the power when your right foot hits the floor
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #1200
LionOfGosforth
Private First Class
1
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335xi coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (3)

Thanks for the replies everyone, greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #1201
droptop335
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
707
Posts

 
Drives: '06 330i (E90), '07 335i (E93)
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Back in SF Bay Area (Tri-Valley), WooHoo!

iTrader: (1)

Woohoo! Tune for 2007 is out

But anybody know how long "beta" duration is expected to last?
__________________
Alpine White/Coral Red/Gray Poplar Convertible Sport/Prem/Step/Comfort/Nav/Sirius

By the way people: USE YOUR F&*#ING TURN SIGNALS! Pass the word.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #1202
pHo_e92
Captain
pHo_e92's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: SGM e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 905

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.63]
2000 BMW 323i  [3.00]
1997 Honda Civic HB  [5.00]
2007 BMW X5 4.8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by O HELLA BMW View Post
^ cobb only has a stage 1 lol or am I missing something ?? I know cobb is releasing star 2 soon I believe
theres stage 0 which is stock map which is good for daily commute if your anal about gas mileage. i rather have that extra power waiting for me to unleash on someone
__________________
08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS | Ground Control | Vortex Tuning |
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #1203
O HELLA BMW
I <3 My E93
O HELLA BMW's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
3,167
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i vert
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA

iTrader: (21)

Ohh so do u need to plug in the cobb to change maps to stage 1 to zero (stock map)
__________________
08 BMW 335i E93
**Stance will make B!tches Dance**
CCW LM5T
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #1204
troye
Private First Class
2
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Black E93
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Temecula, Cali

iTrader: (3)

yes
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #1205
pHo_e92
Captain
pHo_e92's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: SGM e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 905

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.63]
2000 BMW 323i  [3.00]
1997 Honda Civic HB  [5.00]
2007 BMW X5 4.8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by O HELLA BMW View Post
Ohh so do u need to plug in the cobb to change maps to stage 1 to zero (stock map)
just plug in your ap and go to the maps and you just select the map you want it takes like 5mins max to switch maps.
__________________
08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS | Ground Control | Vortex Tuning |
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #1206
Maxicooper
Second Lieutenant
Maxicooper's Avatar
4
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Elicott City, MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHo_e92 View Post
just plug in your ap and go to the maps and you just select the map you want it takes like 5mins max to switch maps.
And it takes less than 5 minutes to switch maps.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #1207
Maxicooper
Second Lieutenant
Maxicooper's Avatar
4
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Elicott City, MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxicooper View Post
Have a chance for dyno run yesterday.

2008 335xi steptronic

Running Stage 1, 93 octane, V 2.01, first then switch to Stage 0, V 2.00.



The car was funtactic.

I have just had a chance to plot the datalog from the dyno into a graph.



__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #1208
S.yen
Private First Class
S.yen's Avatar
Taiwan
2
Rep
125
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07' E92 335  [0.00]
error on 07" 335i

the windshield wiper starts to wipe at 2% during the installation and disconnects the AP by saying it's not plugged in the OBD. Also, i wasnt able to download the unknow rom because the same thing goes on again. My OBD port also has another plug on it which i have to unplug it to plug in the cable...dunno if it's causing the problem.
Attached Images
  
__________________
07' E92 AW 335 /navi /sport pkg /active steering /Hamann front lip /hamann side skirt /hamann diffuser/ Hamann quad exhaust /AC roof spoiler /oem rear spoiler /CF grill /6000K D1S/ mtec 4750K angel eye & fog light /35% tint /CF mirror / Work Schwert SC2 20" 245front 285rear / Koni FSD & Eibach Pro-Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #1209
caradd
(*) (*)
caradd's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
436
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.yen View Post
the windshield wiper starts to wipe at 2% during the installation and disconnects the AP by saying it's not plugged in the OBD. Also, i wasnt able to download the unknow rom because the same thing goes on again. My OBD port also has another plug on it which i have to unplug it to plug in the cable...dunno if it's causing the problem.
That is just a cap to keep the dust out.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #1210
lstoker
Private First Class
2
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: '12 A.W. M3 E92, '11 550I
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxicooper View Post
I have just had a chance to plot the datalog from the dyno into a graph.



Is anyone else seeing these timing drops on their logs? It seems like I am hearing a lot people becoming concerned about the timing.

I am going to do a couple of runs this evening and take a look at mine as well.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST