E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Official Dynavin BMW E9X Review, Pics, Questions, etc.

11-09-2011, 02:23 AM   #463
mapleridge
Banned

Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine328i View Post
Maybe we can get a GB going on these, i dont think the guys would mind giving us a good rate.
I have been emailing trent back and forth about these. He agreed to a GB of 5 units.

Retail: $769 plus shipping

5 units: $749 Free Shipping

10 units: He said he would negotiate more at that point. I will start a GB thread.
      11-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #464
homieG
Captain

Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsBells View Post
Go to the tools menu and uncheck brake.
thanks!

Looking or know anyone looking for a Mazda/BMW - PM me or email me - gshah@avante.mazda.ca
homieG is offline   Canada
      11-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #465
homieG
Captain

another question....

is it possible to play music via bluetooth while i am on the nav screen??

everytime i switch to nav while im in the bluetooth screen, it switches to the radio! so stupiddd!!

Looking or know anyone looking for a Mazda/BMW - PM me or email me - gshah@avante.mazda.ca
      11-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #466
scubasteve2365
Private First Class

Drives: 07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by homieG View Post
another question....

is it possible to play music via bluetooth while i am on the nav screen??

everytime i switch to nav while im in the bluetooth screen, it switches to the radio! so stupiddd!!
Nope, Dynavin claimed it was a hardware issue that prevented this.

There is sort of a sloppy stop-gap though.

Go to Bluetooth, get your music streaming and your volume set. Then hit the source button (Should take you to the source wheel screen). Once your in the source wheel screen you should still hear your bluetooth streaming. From there hit the "Navi" button. The unit will switch the video to the Navi side while keeping your bluetooth streaming in place.

The downside is that if you try to skip tracks or even adjust the volume, the bluetooth streaming will shut off and the unit will switch to SD, Disc, Radio or whatever according to what media you have loaded.

If you have a V5 D90 unit that instead of switching to the source selection wheel when you hit the source button but rather starts cycling through your sources, you'll need a firmware update that came out in March of this year.

This has worked out for me because usually when Im on a long drive that requires me to actually use navigation, I'm often listening to a podcast so I don't have the need to switch tracks or change volume.
      11-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #467
homieG
Captain

^ cool thanks man! appreciate it. I definitely need the firmware update. next question is....how do i get it! lol

sorry for being so clueless lol

11-24-2011, 04:12 AM   #468
maodijim

Drives: 06 325i

i saw that car audio craze already has pre-order of android E9X. Have anyone purchased it? i watched the video on youtube. the android OS looks cool.
      11-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #469
mapleridge
Banned

there is the gb going on for it right now. if you want in pm me your email address.
      12-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #470
thebertman

Drives: '08 328xi

is this GB still ongoing?
      01-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #471
Titanium3Series
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maodijim View Post
i saw that car audio craze already has pre-order of android E9X. Have anyone purchased it? i watched the video on youtube. the android OS looks cool.
i purchased one on the 19th, havnt put it in yet though
      01-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #472
krnet2dboi
Captain

Drives: 2008 328i Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3Series View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maodijim View Post
i purchased one on the 19th, havnt put it in yet though
oh shoot!!! Post some pictures of it!!! Everyone is dying to see a android e9x!
      01-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #473
cudabnu
Loose nut behind the wheel

Drives: 07 328I E91

Just pre ordered the D99 off their site.
cudabnu is offline   United_States
      01-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #474
Alpine328i
Noob

Drives: Graduated to a 335i

Yes they are selling the D99 Android version on a discounted pre-order special for what appears to be $829ish shipped!
Alpine328i is offline   United_States
      01-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #475
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 323I.

I'm going to get this unit, but is this unit support the rear view camera? And where can I get the camera? Thank you.
      01-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #476
spmd11
Captain

Drives: 2014 M235i AW

I'm totally confused... been researching this on and off all day today. What is the difference between the Android and windows version of the Dynavin D99?

Or can you only get the D99 in one software version. The Dynavin website is horrible... they explain next to nothing.

2014 M235i, 2008 JB e90 M3, 2011 X5 5.0, 2011 335i Sport
spmd11 is offline   United_States
      01-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #477
Route 16
I got lei'd

Drives: '07 E90 328i

+1 been wondering about that myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmd11 View Post
I'm totally confused... been researching this on and off all day today. What is the difference between the Android and windows version of the Dynavin D99?

Or can you only get the D99 in one software version. The Dynavin website is horrible... they explain next to nothing.
Route 16 is online now   Philippines
      01-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #478
mapleridge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko kai View Post
+1 been wondering about that myself.
I researched a bit. Basically the dynavin doesn't have the windows software and it runs off the Android OS. Since it is not a phone though, there is no sim card. You need a data phone that you can sync with it to us the web options like maps, email etc. Basically you need to tether. There are little quirks and things that you need to know. The best people to take info from is the e46fanatics thread about dynavin units.

My cell service isn't that great and I don't have 3g everywhere so I might not get all the usage I like out of it. Especially if I go out of town. The windows version might be better for me. The android version has a lot of potential for tech savvy people with good coverage everywhere.
      01-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #479
Route 16
I got lei'd

Drives: '07 E90 328i

My friends were just schooling me about tether 2 weeks ago and I barely got a half ear open. I'm an iPhone guy so would that mean I should get windows? And since no sim card, no phone contract, to access dynavin web it needs to be around a wifi unit?

I'll keep researching myself and hope others chime too, even questions. If anyone is down for another group buy like maple did last fall lets do it! I'm 100% down. But I know lots of people are strapped for money and would most likely wait until tax return money arrives so I'd wait for a group buy til then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
I researched a bit. Basically the dynavin doesn't have the windows software and it runs off the Android OS. Since it is not a phone though, there is no sim card. You need a data phone that you can sync with it to us the web options like maps, email etc. Basically you need to tether. There are little quirks and things that you need to know. The best people to take info from is the e46fanatics thread about dynavin units.

My cell service isn't that great and I don't have 3g everywhere so I might not get all the usage I like out of it. Especially if I go out of town. The windows version might be better for me. The android version has a lot of potential for tech savvy people with good coverage everywhere.
Route 16 is online now   Philippines
      01-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #480
mapleridge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko kai View Post
My friends were just schooling me about tether 2 weeks ago and I barely got a half ear open. I'm an iPhone guy so would that mean I should get windows? And since no sim card, no phone contract, to access dynavin web it needs to be around a wifi unit?

I'll keep researching myself and hope others chime too, even questions. If anyone is down for another group buy like maple did last fall lets do it! I'm 100% down. But I know lots of people are strapped for money and would most likely wait until tax return money arrives so I'd wait for a group buy til then.
You need a phone that can turn into a mobile hotspot (Allows Tethering). Your dynavin would lock onto the phone and use your phone like a wireless router. So phone sends internet to dynavin. This is how you would run your maps, email, web browsing etc. I don't think you would have a problem using your i phone. There are some phones that do not work so well from the little I have read. Make sure to read a lot on e46fanatics if you are considering the android version.
      01-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #481
scubasteve2365
Private First Class

Drives: 07 328xi

If I were you guys I'd still get the Android version over the WinCE version.

While you do NEED a tethered internet connection for some of the benefits, the Android side will still do everything the WinCE version does, but it has a better media player and you can install additional apps manually (without the need of the internet).

There is GPS software available that doesn't need an internet connection that you can install on the Android units bring parity to the WinCE units.
      01-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #482
krnet2dboi
Captain

Drives: 2008 328i Base

Just to clarify something D99 platform IS WINCE based, and you can run ANDROID off the WINCE.

Check starting from 00:29 on this video

Once again, WinCE based, Android is preloaded on it.

Main difference will be when you press Navigation. WINCE only will run WinCE based Navigation, Android will run Android OS

Last edited by krnet2dboi; 01-23-2012 at 11:33 AM.
krnet2dboi is offline   United_States
      01-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #483
jeffb335
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

No, that's not how it is, read the android thread on e46fanatics.
      01-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #484
Alpine328i
Noob

Drives: Graduated to a 335i

Jeff is correct, Krnet2dboi is not. From my research and speaking with caraudiocraze as well as Dynavin directly, The Android units have Android OS for both the "GPS" and "Multimedia" sides of the unit. They are not like the D95 which is what he is referencing. You can purchase a D99 with WinCE and then put Android on it yourself i believe somehow but that is not how they are manufactured by Dynavin now. If you buy an Android D99, Android runs EVERYTHING.

This is not to say that everything looks like Android that you are used to, but that it is the OS. Their multimedia platform and interface that you see is being run by the Android OS. However it doesnt look any different than the WinCE versions. If that makes sense.
Alpine328i is offline   United_States