E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vorsteiner



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #23
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
back in the day when they were planning on making a cf engine cover for n52 i had to wait about 4 months to get it despite being told it would take only 2 months. i got a free t-shirt out of it.

the worst part was that i had to go through jlevi to get the updates of what was being done... it was a real slow process and vorsteiner never directly contacted me about what was going on...as they should have.

apparently the resin wasn't holding up or something and they had to go through several tries to get the results they wanted. in the end, i was like whatever...

but imo whoever works under sales/customer support or whatever... they need to be fired because if they really cared about their product + customers they would fill people in with these kinds of delays. hell... i know other companies that email customers telling them that their product has just been shipped, then comes the shipping notice, and then there is a follow up so they know the product arrived to you as promised.

vorsteiner makes some cool shit... but their business practices need a lot of refining.
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #24
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
 
E92murdered's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego

Posts: 1,516
iTrader: (5)

they do not because they know people will still buy from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
back in the day when they were planning on making a cf engine cover for n52 i had to wait about 4 months to get it despite being told it would take only 2 months. i got a free t-shirt out of it.

the worst part was that i had to go through jlevi to get the updates of what was being done... it was a real slow process and vorsteiner never directly contacted me about what was going on...as they should have.

apparently the resin wasn't holding up or something and they had to go through several tries to get the results they wanted. in the end, i was like whatever...

but imo whoever works under sales/customer support or whatever... they need to be fired because if they really cared about their product + customers they would fill people in with these kinds of delays. hell... i know other companies that email customers telling them that their product has just been shipped, then comes the shipping notice, and then there is a follow up so they know the product arrived to you as promised.

vorsteiner makes some cool shit... but their business practices need a lot of refining.
__________________
E92murdered is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #25
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
I am really sorry to hear about this but unfortunately it's been the story for Vorsteiner production since the Fall. They just went through an update for all of their molds to 100% prepreg Dry Vacuum Form Carbon and also moved to a new and larger production facility. Not an excuse to take 3 months for a part but I just wanted to give you more info so you know what's going on.

I completely agree that the offer for a license plate frame is insulting to say the least. Given the price you paid, an incentive beyond a simple frame is more than expected.

As one of the top Vorsteiner dealers, I must say it has been insanely frustrating given the continued delays. We rely on Vorsteiner order status updates for all of our orders and provide that info weekly to our customers. However, these statuses can change or get longer because of changes in a mold or other production details.

It has taken a large part of my time and resources to maintain updates on these orders recently as production has been so slow. I do have the promise of the production manager that production is now clipping along and this transition period will ultimately allow them to expand production to the point of stocking. In the meantime, we do try to keep stock of some of the more popular products to help alleviate this wait time for our customer base.

I checked our stock list and there are two E90 Hoods in stock. They are part of their Parts for Paint program which are pieces available at a discount that did not pass QC. This means that the fit and installation is just like a standard part but that the weave came out crooked or imperfect so it cannot be sold as a retail part. However, they offer us the option to provide these to customers looking to most or all of the hood.

If it's something you are interested in or were thinking about painting the entire hood, it would be a good option to get the hood quicker and save a few bucks.

Anyways, I understand the need to vent, the wait time is completely unacceptable and I do appreciate your willingness to fairly and accurately test and report about products to the community.
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #26
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92murdered View Post
they do not because they know people will still buy from them.
for now... overtime i'm sure their production flaws/lack of customer support will cause people to stop buying from them regardless of their design.
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #27
uberschnell
Brigadier General
 
uberschnell's Avatar
 
Drives: // 135i //, X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 3,423
iTrader: (44)

I never was able to get ANY response from them regarding my wheels.
uberschnell is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #28
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,626
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I am really sorry to hear about this but unfortunately it's been the story for Vorsteiner production since the Fall. They just went through an update for all of their molds to 100% prepreg Dry Vacuum Form Carbon and also moved to a new and larger production facility. Not an excuse to take 3 months for a part but I just wanted to give you more info so you know what's going on.

I completely agree that the offer for a license plate frame is insulting to say the least. Given the price you paid, an incentive beyond a simple frame is more than expected.

As one of the top Vorsteiner dealers, I must say it has been insanely frustrating given the continued delays. We rely on Vorsteiner order status updates for all of our orders and provide that info weekly to our customers. However, these statuses can change or get longer because of changes in a mold or other production details.

It has taken a large part of my time and resources to maintain updates on these orders recently as production has been so slow. I do have the promise of the production manager that production is now clipping along and this transition period will ultimately allow them to expand production to the point of stocking. In the meantime, we do try to keep stock of some of the more popular products to help alleviate this wait time for our customer base.

I checked our stock list and there are two E90 Hoods in stock. They are part of their Parts for Paint program which are pieces available at a discount that did not pass QC. This means that the fit and installation is just like a standard part but that the weave came out crooked or imperfect so it cannot be sold as a retail part. However, they offer us the option to provide these to customers looking to most or all of the hood.

If it's something you are interested in or were thinking about painting the entire hood, it would be a good option to get the hood quicker and save a few bucks.

Anyways, I understand the need to vent, the wait time is completely unacceptable and I do appreciate your willingness to fairly and accurately test and report about products to the community.
I was planning on painting it anyway except for the vents.
I feel really bad for you guys though for putting up with these guys.
No vendor should have to go through this.
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #29
josephr25
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Sorry to hear about that... all the comments from others are probably true.

I never bought into Vorsteiner. At least the license plate will save a few ounces.
josephr25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #30
vincentvega222
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 267
iTrader: (3)

I hate how companies try to look like they are premium/prestigious when they get their parts from the same place as all the others.
vincentvega222 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #31
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
 
PaulBailey@ltbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 26,758
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to PaulBailey@ltbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBailey@ltbmw View Post
I have a VRS CF Vented Race hood you can buy and have the body shop spray TiAg
PM Sent
PaulBailey@ltbmw is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 02:03 AM   #32
uberschnell
Brigadier General
 
uberschnell's Avatar
 
Drives: // 135i //, X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 3,423
iTrader: (44)

LT paint is always spot on!
uberschnell is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #33
coco savage
First Lieutenant
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW made them
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central FL

Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)

i had a friend go through a similar ordeal with Vorst....he waited nearly 3 months before he got his hood.

its terrible
__________________
coco savage is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #34
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
 
AoshichanX's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 3,103
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
LT paint is always spot on!
lol @ LT chestbeaters always blindly charging in. As far as I know, this thread is not about LT. =]
AoshichanX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #35
uberschnell
Brigadier General
 
uberschnell's Avatar
 
Drives: // 135i //, X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 3,423
iTrader: (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
lol @ LT chestbeaters always blindly charging in. As far as I know, this thread is not about LT. =]
That was a message to Craig, about Paul's offer, based on my multiple experiences with LT's work.


So kindly STFU - thanks
uberschnell is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #36
supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
supremepower's Avatar
 
Drives: 991 Carrera S, M6, Noble M12
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: so cal

Posts: 2,032
iTrader: (12)

Send a message via AIM to supremepower Send a message via MSN to supremepower Send a message via Yahoo to supremepower
Calling Mr. 5.......call me regarding this if you get a moment 714 632 1951 x225
__________________
SupremePOWER
1025-B Ortega Way - Placentia CA 92870
714 632 1951 x225
eric@supremepower.com
Eric Nareshni
supremepower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #37
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
 
AoshichanX's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 3,103
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
That was a message to Craig, about Paul's offer, based on my multiple experiences with LT's work.


So kindly STFU - thanks
me LT chestbeater. me defensive and quick to anger!

AoshichanX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #38
uberschnell
Brigadier General
 
uberschnell's Avatar
 
Drives: // 135i //, X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 3,423
iTrader: (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
me LT chestbeater. me defensive and quick to anger!

I'm sure this kind of ballsiness wouldn't play itself out in person- if you know what I mean.

Anyways - back to topic.
uberschnell is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #39
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
 
AoshichanX's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 3,103
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
I'm sure this kind of ballsiness wouldn't play itself out in person- if you know what I mean.

Anyways - back to topic.
I don't know what you mean. KINDLY spell it out for me =]
AoshichanX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #40
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,626
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
I have an update for you guys.
It looks like Vorsteiner got wind of this thread (hmm, I wonder how? )

Anyways, they called my body shop and told them that my hood will be available for pick up this Friday at 3pm.
We'll see what happens.
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #41
hipnotic
Major General
 
hipnotic's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So. Cal

Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [3.50]
sorry to hear
hipnotic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #42
P4335i
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 Msport 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Coast

Posts: 166
iTrader: (2)

Damn, talk about some quick spin control. Wish we all had this much clout with uncooperative vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
I have an update for you guys.
It looks like Vorsteiner got wind of this thread (hmm, I wonder how? )

Anyways, they called my body shop and told them that my hood will be available for pick up this Friday at 3pm.
We'll see what happens.
P4335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #43
supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
supremepower's Avatar
 
Drives: 991 Carrera S, M6, Noble M12
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: so cal

Posts: 2,032
iTrader: (12)

Send a message via AIM to supremepower Send a message via MSN to supremepower Send a message via Yahoo to supremepower
Mr. 5:
__________________
SupremePOWER
1025-B Ortega Way - Placentia CA 92870
714 632 1951 x225
eric@supremepower.com
Eric Nareshni
supremepower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #44
cookie295
First Lieutenant
 
cookie295's Avatar
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 303
iTrader: (2)

Wow, Mr. 5 that's good to hear. I hope it all works out for you. I'm still waiting on my hood and it's been on order since Aug 28...
cookie295 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST