E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > AR N55 DP w/AMS 3" Exhaust pics/vids!

01-14-2011, 01:38 AM   #23
itsbrokeagain

Drives: E28 535, 1996 Dodge Ram Diesel

Send a message via AIM to itsbrokeagain
glad to see it fits well on an XI! We had some issues with fitment during the beta testing with AR design, nice to see it fits perfect!

<-Official Vehicle Transport for AUTOCouture
itsbrokeagain is offline   United_States
      01-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #24
RyanMv4
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335XI

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
How long ago did you order yours ?
      01-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #25
ar design

Drives: '86 325ES+S50, '01 TT QC

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ar design Send a message via MSN to ar design Send a message via Yahoo to ar design
Sounds GOOD!!!!
ar design is offline   United_States
      01-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #26
MusclezMarinara
Banned

Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
Received my AR Downpipe today and installed it as well. Total install time was about 2 hours. Currently Im running this setup with my AMS 3" Exhaust. Its not as loud as I thought it would be but will probably put my stock catback back on. Install was not hard at all and fitment was just about perfect. The factory bracket that mounts to the DP needed some slight "massaging" to get it to fit. Other then that no problems. Im using a Vibrant O2 sensor spacer on the post cat o2 sensor. So far no CEL. Initial drive car didnt feel as snappy but sounded great. After a few drive cycles the car began to wake up and feels strong. Pulls harder up top for sure! Hopefully I will be dynoing within the next week to see what type of power gains I made from my previous dyno with the JB3/AMS exhaust.

Below are some vids and pictures. I took some driving vids with my go pro. Yes the car is dirty, we just had a snow storm.

Revving and Driving video

Initial start with open downpipe only, no midpipe/muffler attached.

Pics.

In this pic I took the top covers off to disconnect the front o2 sensor from the main harness. I removed the Downpipe with the front o2 sensor still installed in it. You can probably remove the front o2 sensor while the DP is in the vehicle, or after you loosen the DP and position it in a different position, but this was pretty simple.

SOUNDS SICK!
MusclezMarinara is offline   United_States
      01-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #27
Juiced46
Major

Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by htt760 View Post
Juiced, thanks for the VIDEO.. that was an awesome sounding n55....

Did you feel torque was gained throughout the powerband or just mostly hp?
It definitely has more power up top. Power doesnt seem to fall off as it did with the stock DP. As for TQ, feels similar, with the JB3 power always came on strong so its hard to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe View Post
glad to see it fits well on an XI! We had some issues with fitment during the beta testing with AR design, nice to see it fits perfect!
Fitment was damn near perfect! Like I said, just that one bracket didnt line up perfect, but all I had to do was pry it slightly and it was perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMv4 View Post
How long ago did you order yours ?
I didnt order it from AR. I purchased it new from a user on the forums that decided not to install it.

Dynoing the car on the 22nd