E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LUX H8 Ver.3 Prototype Installed - no more outside-of-housing power supply



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #45
BMW1986
Major
BMW1986's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,462
Posts

 
Drives: 11 M3 E92 ZCP JB/PS & BLK
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (7)

Yeaaa, what about a trade in program??
__________________
11 E92 M3 DCT Jerez Black ZCP...Eisenmann, Dinan, Fabspeed, IND, LUX

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #46
Epacy2
Major
34
Rep
1,254
Posts

 
Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
Yeaaa, what about a trade in program??
+1 Would be up for this as well.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #47
mds82
Major General
mds82's Avatar
128
Rep
5,846
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Central Connecticut

iTrader: (40)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
Yeaaa, what about a trade in program??
I will have to consider the best way to handle this. I think as long as you can do some simple soldering then i can create a DIY .
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #48
LCIr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
279
Posts

 
Drives: AW LCI 335i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Valencia CA

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Yahoo to LCIr
Any LCI love?
__________________
Eurorev.com
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #49
beskone
Captain
beskone's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
915
Posts

 
Drives: LeMans BLue e92 335i LCI
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 e92 335i LCI  [0.00]
2009 e92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds82 View Post
I will have to consider the best way to handle this. I think as long as you can do some simple soldering then i can create a DIY .
I just wish there was a trade up program for us super early adopters that have the V1 LUX H8's...
__________________

e92 LCI LeMans Blue Saddle Brown Bamboo Anthracite Performance Grilles CF Performance Spoiler CF Performance Diffuser ACS Style Roof Spoiler LED Interior Lighting BMS Clutch Stop BMS Intake BMS CDV BMW Performance Exhaust ST V1 Coilovers Miro 111 Staggered More to come!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #50
BMW1986
Major
BMW1986's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,462
Posts

 
Drives: 11 M3 E92 ZCP JB/PS & BLK
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (7)

No sottering..new ones! LOL
__________________
11 E92 M3 DCT Jerez Black ZCP...Eisenmann, Dinan, Fabspeed, IND, LUX

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #51
e92stance
Banned
United_States
9
Rep
968
Posts

 
Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Not for nothing guys but......the comparison pic with the PIAA hologen h-8's looks very very close. I think many would go with the PIAA and save like $200 bucks if more people saw that pic. If you were trying to give props to the LUX, I wouldnt have posted that. Has me almost changing my mind about getting the LUX now....
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #52
gaifaun
Major
gaifaun's Avatar
Canada
59
Rep
1,133
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Greater Vancouver

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
True the LUX is expensive but that picture is taken from its context. For one, LUX does not dim, always full power. One is halogen and the other is LED. LED's are much more crisp and not to mention LUX units are specifically designed to even out the illumination on the rings as much as possible. Sincce Piaa is halogen, the inner ring will not be as defined as LEDs. Also, you can always tell which is LED and which is halogen, just the the color. The camera doesn't do a very good job of capturing it. Its just like an exhaust revving on video. the video doesn't do the exhaust justice.



If anything, the LUX should be compared to the AIB or the E92 LCI's AE's and the PIAA should compare itself to GP Thunders and stock units.
__________________
I can help with Coding in Vancouver. PM me
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 12:26 AM   #53
e92stance
Banned
United_States
9
Rep
968
Posts

 
Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

I see your point....Also, you are saying that the LUX do not dim at all? Even when headlights are on? I didnt know that.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #54
Toshi
Private First Class
Japan
4
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: ALPINA B4 BiTurbo Coupe (F32)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan

iTrader: (1)

The last comparison pic may not properly show how bright the LUX are.
In my eyes, they are brighter than the PIAA. So I posted that pic.
The fact that the LUX are brighter than the full-powered halogen (not at +4V) is really awesome, I think. I've never had such LED sets in Japan before.
Yup, the LUX do not dim even when headlights are on.

Needless to say, the LUX gives more crisp looking to my car by its dazzling cool white color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stance View Post
Not for nothing guys but......the comparison pic with the PIAA hologen h-8's looks very very close. I think many would go with the PIAA and save like $200 bucks if more people saw that pic. If you were trying to give props to the LUX, I wouldnt have posted that. Has me almost changing my mind about getting the LUX now....
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stance View Post
I see your point....Also, you are saying that the LUX do not dim at all? Even when headlights are on? I didnt know that.
__________________

[Current] 2014 ALPINA B4 BiTurbo Coupe (F32)
[Previous] 2008 335i Coupe M-Sport (E92)
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #55
mds82
Major General
mds82's Avatar
128
Rep
5,846
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Central Connecticut

iTrader: (40)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
The last comparison pic may not properly show how bright the LUX are.
In my eyes, they are brighter than the PIAA. So I posted that pic.
The fact that the LUX are brighter than the full-powered halogen (not at +4V) is really awesome, I think. I've never had such LED sets in Japan before.
Yup, the LUX do not dim even when headlights are on.

Needless to say, the LUX gives more crisp looking to my car by its dazzling cool white color.
Thanks Toshi for the clarification!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #56
e92stance
Banned
United_States
9
Rep
968
Posts

 
Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

whats the price for the version 3's???/
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #57
FrankiE90
Major General
FrankiE90's Avatar
United_States
266
Rep
8,666
Posts

 
Drives: Krooked Sk8board
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pasadena, Ca

iTrader: (11)

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankiE90
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stance View Post
Not for nothing guys but......the comparison pic with the PIAA hologen h-8's looks very very close. I think many would go with the PIAA and save like $200 bucks if more people saw that pic. If you were trying to give props to the LUX, I wouldnt have posted that. Has me almost changing my mind about getting the LUX now....

you can clearly see the PIAA are yellowish colored
compared to the cool white LED LUX.
LUX H8 over PIAA H8 any day.
__________________
FrankiE90 AKA:.[The TANK] *CLICK THE SIG
2011 335 E90 MTECH 6MT KW V3 INJEN Intake Berk 4" DP Vanguard V2 exhaust Procede V5 Stoptech BBK RPI Scoops Karbonwerk CSL Trunk LUX H8 19" BBS LM 18" BBS GT4
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #58
snipersix
Brigadier General
snipersix's Avatar
Canada
55
Rep
3,515
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i Sedan Montego Blue
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Coquitlam, bc

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to snipersix
do these bulbs work on the lci e92 angel eyes?
__________________

Retired: |2008 328i Sedan|Montego Blue|AT|Nav/Idrive|PDC|Xenon Headlights| Black Leatherette Seats, Silver trim| COTM April 2010
Mods:PIAA, H&R Sport, Blacklines, BBS LM-R, Eisenman Race Quad Exhaust , Koni yellows, Full Mtech, Gloss Black Vinyl Roof
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #59
swamyg1
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 x50i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Concord, CA

iTrader: (0)

So there will be no change with the bulb itself? Just the power supply, correct?

I just ordered my v2's, should be here tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #60
MassBimmer
Major General
MassBimmer's Avatar
77
Rep
7,041
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norfolk, MA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipersix View Post
do these bulbs work on the lci e92 angel eyes?
Why would you want to change the E92 LCI angels?
__________________
E90 LCI 328i xDrive: M-Sport Conversion / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMW Performance Intake / BMW Performance Steering Wheel / VMR V710 / KW V1
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #61
01 IGY
Private
Australia
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i M-Sport DCT
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (0)

Hmmm might have to wait and see what the price is on these new ones.

Was thinking about ordering the City Vision LED's, but maybe for the extra money these would be worth it?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #62
mds82
Major General
mds82's Avatar
128
Rep
5,846
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Central Connecticut

iTrader: (40)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
Feb 1st there will be an update on these.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #63
geneatals
Ninja
geneatals's Avatar
Philippines
44
Rep
3,207
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

iTrader: (2)

just to clarify, this V3 will work with 2010-2011.5/12 e9x m3's correct?
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #64
swamyg1
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 x50i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Concord, CA

iTrader: (0)

Will they also work with the new e70 2011 X5's?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #65
rogerdiaz
Lieutenant
United_States
6
Rep
541
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Durham,NC

iTrader: (2)

Output

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaifaun View Post
True the LUX is expensive but that picture is taken from its context. For one, LUX does not dim, always full power. One is halogen and the other is LED. LED's are much more crisp and not to mention LUX units are specifically designed to even out the illumination on the rings as much as possible. Sincce Piaa is halogen, the inner ring will not be as defined as LEDs. Also, you can always tell which is LED and which is halogen, just the the color. The camera doesn't do a very good job of capturing it. Its just like an exhaust revving on video. the video doesn't do the exhaust justice.



If anything, the LUX should be compared to the AIB or the E92 LCI's AE's and the PIAA should compare itself to GP Thunders and stock units.
Whats the diff bet 2011 e90 lci ae and 2011 e92 lci ae? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #66
FrankiE90
Major General
FrankiE90's Avatar
United_States
266
Rep
8,666
Posts

 
Drives: Krooked Sk8board
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pasadena, Ca

iTrader: (11)

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankiE90
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdiaz View Post
Whats the diff bet 2011 e90 lci ae and 2011 e92 lci ae? Thanks
2011 e90 lci uses non-led lights
2011 e92 lci (2011) uses led lights.
__________________
FrankiE90 AKA:.[The TANK] *CLICK THE SIG
2011 335 E90 MTECH 6MT KW V3 INJEN Intake Berk 4" DP Vanguard V2 exhaust Procede V5 Stoptech BBK RPI Scoops Karbonwerk CSL Trunk LUX H8 19" BBS LM 18" BBS GT4
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST