E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > No holes license plate holder for M3 replica bumper

04-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
votoc
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e90 335i

No holes license plate holder for M3 replica bumper

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find an answer to which license plate holder is the best fit for the e90 m3 replica front bumper.

I found this thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707646 where they found out the the DDMtuning plate holder in M3 fitment sticks out too far and they were awaiting results for the non-m fitment.

Can anyone confirm or chime in as to which holder they are using?
      04-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
techwhiz
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Amazon for on that will require mounting under the number and will hold the plate almost in the stock position. Costs $6. Search for Bell Automotive License Plate Bracket.
techwhiz is offline   United_States
      04-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
elcheapoloco
douchebaggo

Drives: stick

The ddm one looks exactly like the gominigo version, which is what I'm using on a pre-lci m3 rep. I have the 60mm version and the main stud has 2 sections that can be screwed together to accommodate different bumpers. I used one section of the stud and the plate is about an inch off the bumper. I don't think you can get any closer without risking damage to your bumper.
That being said, I believe the US Millworks one is a better design because the angle of the license plate can be adjusted infinitely. Allowing your plate to sit perfectly with the bumper. It's a little more at $90 but I think it's worth it.
      04-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
max_k20
Bavarian Love

Drives: 2009 E92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcheapoloco View Post
The ddm one looks exactly like the gominigo version, which is what I'm using on a pre-lci m3 rep. I have the 60mm version and the main stud has 2 sections that can be screwed together to accommodate different bumpers. I used one section of the stud and the plate is about an inch off the bumper. I don't think you can get any closer without risking damage to your bumper.
That being said, I believe the US Millworks one is a better design because the angle of the license plate can be adjusted infinitely. Allowing your plate to sit perfectly with the bumper. It's a little more at $90 but I think it's worth it.
AS I said in his other thread I have for my vanity plate a Us Mill Works and it's amazing. High Quality, carwash proof and full size backplate. The regular kit is 79$ and lightened kit is 99$ wich makes it more expensive but they look great and sit flush and all.
2009 E92 335xi - MT6 - Black Sapphire Met - Coral Red Leather - Sport & Cold Weather Pkg - VMR VB3 Gunmetal (Style 189 Winter) - Black Grilles - Aero Lip - CF Trunk Spoiler - LUX Angel Eyes V4 - BMS CDV & Clutch Stop - BMS Cowl Filters - BMS OCC - RD Front Strut Brace - COBB AP V3 - COBB Catback Exhaust - Injen DCI - Roof Rack w/ Fairing and ski rack (Winter) - Daily Driven
max_k20 is offline   Canada
      04-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Pete Schweaty
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 335i E90

I have an RHO plate M sport bracket on my pre lci m3 rep bumper. It fits great and has something like 15 mounting settings and can be set to run angled to the bumper or straight.
      04-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
votoc
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e90 335i

Thanks guys, great info