E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > RB N54 Turbo Upgrade - Full Modification Journal



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #23
Clap135
Brigadier General
Clap135's Avatar
53
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
dude wait till you feel the upgraded turbos with the very latest stuff i'm testing.. it's going to blow your mind
Just a pet peeve, please dont use the word blow to describe performance. IT give me the chills lol
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #24
jpsimon
Team Zissou
jpsimon's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
9,017
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
Just a pet peeve, please dont use the word blow to describe performance. IT give me the chills lol
haha true.. let me edit my post
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #25
dzenno
Banned
Canada
114
Rep
5,883
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
dude wait till you feel the upgraded turbos with the very latest stuff i'm testing.. it's going to blow your mind
can't wait to put them on...are you planning to redyno any time soon? what max boost do you run on yours?

I'm looking for 500whp on race+meth (dual CM7 nozzles) with these for the 1/4 which is 100whp difference from my last dyno session on 94 pump + 50/50 meth single cm7 nozzle (402whp vs 262whp baseline with boltons and procede in stock mode)...

hopefully 10.99s (not likely with my 60' and 6MT but who knows)...but 125mph+ definitely or I'll push the car off a cliff
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #26
dzenno
Banned
Canada
114
Rep
5,883
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
Just a pet peeve, please dont use the word blow to describe performance. IT give me the chills lol
LOL especially with my karma
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #27
jpsimon
Team Zissou
jpsimon's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
9,017
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

I'd love to get back on the dyno, i've been insanely busy every weekend though. I will get re-dynoed before winter is over for sure though. I'm running around 17-17.5psi on pump gas as my daily setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
can't wait to put them on...are you planning to redyno any time soon? what max boost do you run on yours?

I'm looking for 500whp on race+meth (dual CM7 nozzles) with these for the 1/4 which is 100whp difference from my last dyno session on 94 pump + 50/50 meth single cm7 nozzle (402whp vs 262whp baseline with boltons and procede in stock mode)...

hopefully 10.99s (not likely with my 60' and 6MT but who knows)...but 125mph+ definitely or I'll push the car off a cliff
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #28
dzenno
Banned
Canada
114
Rep
5,883
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I'd love to get back on the dyno, i've been insanely busy every weekend though. I will get re-dynoed before winter is over for sure though. I'm running around 17-17.5psi on pump gas as my daily setup.
93 pump + meth right?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #29
dzenno
Banned
Canada
114
Rep
5,883
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

iTrader: (1)

SHIV needs to help me launch this car I'll have the AR line lock kit installed..it'd be great if the solenoid for the linelock could "somehow" be wired into the tune so I could brake boost somehow

Last edited by dzenno; 01-24-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #30
jpsimon
Team Zissou
jpsimon's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
9,017
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
93 pump + meth right?
93 only at ~17-17.5psi. I do have meth, but haven't been using it really. On meth I can easily run 19+ with maxed out timing
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #31
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
McMuffin's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,550
Posts

 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
Ooooops I made a mistake in my math for total price of install by almost $500 updated the original post...

Total price is $3820 (+$200 optional all 4 oil lines which in all likelihood aren't needed)..
Canadian dollars right? Congrats man!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #32
dzenno
Banned
Canada
114
Rep
5,883
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Canadian dollars right? Congrats man!
Yes but same as USD now
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #33
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
dobar si Velez!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #34
scottp999
Brigadier General
scottp999's Avatar
57
Rep
4,666
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Upgraded half shafts? ** Edit - I see the DSS axles in your sig ** Thanks for the pictures and can't wait for more info and data once they are on the car.

I'm thinking about this upgrade, but I also add to those costs the DSS half-shafts, M3 suspension bits, and the need for a better clutch. So for me it's a big jump in $ from where I am now.
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #35
dzenno
Banned
Canada
114
Rep
5,883
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
dobar si Velez!
Pozdrav druže
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #36
dzenno
Banned
Canada
114
Rep
5,883
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Upgraded half shafts? ** Edit - I see the DSS axles in your sig ** Thanks for the pictures and can't wait for more info and data once they are on the car.

I'm thinking about this upgrade, but I also add to those costs the DSS half-shafts, M3 suspension bits, and the need for a better clutch. So for me it's a big jump in $ from where I am now.
DSS axles have been on for a few months now...

You don't need the rest (except clutch) with the turbos but they're good to have..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #37
Alessandro
Major
Alessandro's Avatar
Serbia
29
Rep
1,010
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i 08 ret, 335is 11 ret.
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 335is  [4.75]
Send a message via Skype™ to Alessandro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
Pozdrav druže
svaka cast samo napred!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #38
anonemouse
Private First Class
3
Rep
119
Posts

 
Drives: 335 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

My RB's are sitting in my garage, awaiting all the Tischer parts to come, hopefully this Tuesday. You got a good price for the install I must say.

I am hoping Shiv releases 6MT Turbo auto-tune maps based on the latest beta firmware/map - that would be the icing on the cake for these. Please Shiv Unfortunately my meth is not working actually it never did, same Labonta failsafe issues others have had - so this will limit performance unless I fill up with race gas.

Please share your install experience if you get it done before me, otherwise I'll do the same. I am wondering if we will have to modify settings in Procede due to the new wastegates.

A.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #39
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
92
Rep
7,331
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonemouse View Post
My RB's are sitting in my garage, awaiting all the Tischer parts to come, hopefully this Tuesday. You got a good price for the install I must say.

I am hoping Shiv releases 6MT Turbo auto-tune maps based on the latest beta firmware/map - that would be the icing on the cake for these. Please Shiv Unfortunately my meth is not working actually it never did, same Labonta failsafe issues others have had - so this will limit performance unless I fill up with race gas.

Please share your install experience if you get it done before me, otherwise I'll do the same. I am wondering if we will have to modify settings in Procede due to the new wastegates.

A.
I am running the beta maps and they work perfectly fine! My turbos are very similar to the RBs one.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #40
dzenno
Banned
Canada
114
Rep
5,883
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
svaka cast samo napred!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #41
anonemouse
Private First Class
3
Rep
119
Posts

 
Drives: 335 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

enrita, what procede settings are you using for the Beta maps on your upgraded Turbos?

Thanks,

A.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #42
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
92
Rep
7,331
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonemouse View Post
enrita, what procede settings are you using for the Beta maps on your upgraded Turbos?

Thanks,

A.
I run them as they come.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 04:32 AM   #43
Aridk
Lieutenant
Aridk's Avatar
Denmark
5
Rep
510
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denmark

iTrader: (0)

Wish I had a set of those as well

Can´t wait to hear your review on them, you most be the first with a Proceed running RB turbo´s

Last edited by Aridk; 01-25-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #44
dzenno
Banned
Canada
114
Rep
5,883
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2006

iTrader: (1)

install is scheduled for this Saturday, done by Sunday sometime, hopefully...we're getting 2'' of snow Saturday and another 1/2'' on Sunday, sucks...let you guys know how it turns out..
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST