E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > false brand wearers



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-31-2011, 04:21 AM   #23
Blake
Banned
No_Country
215
Rep
4,649
Posts

Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

iTrader: (7)

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:25 AM   #24
Comet
Troll Harder
Comet's Avatar
Lebanon
104
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Using that logic you shouldn't be able to wear the colors of you favorite sports team unless you play for that team. It's nothing more than ridiculous snob logic. If, for example, I'm a fan a Ferrari motorsports, then I should be able to wear clothes that reflect that.
it is cool if you support the F1 team..
but there is a huge difference between:



and



besides one having breasts
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:25 AM   #25
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
28
Rep
469
Posts

Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

iTrader: (0)

OP is lebanese. What did you expect? *throws gas on fire*
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:26 AM   #26
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
28
Rep
469
Posts

Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
it is cool if you support the F1 team..
but there is a huge difference between:



and

You look like a big red asshole in both
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:26 AM   #27
Comet
Troll Harder
Comet's Avatar
Lebanon
104
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
OP is lebanese. What did you expect? *throws gas on fire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
You look like a big red asshole in both
LOL
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:29 AM   #28
ghosthi32
Banned
25
Rep
2,510
Posts

Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

iTrader: (0)

op fails
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:30 AM   #29
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
28
Rep
469
Posts

Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

iTrader: (0)

OP, why do you have turbo rims on your porsche if it isn't a turbo?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:32 AM   #30
Comet
Troll Harder
Comet's Avatar
Lebanon
104
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
OP, why do you have turbo rims on your porsche if it isn't a turbo?
it is an option when you buy the car
go on the porsche configurator
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:33 AM   #31
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
28
Rep
469
Posts

Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
it is an option when you buy the car
go on the porsche configurator
But those rims are for a turbo. Does this mean you want other people to think that you own a turbo?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:35 AM   #32
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
405
Rep
12,429
Posts

Drives: 2015 S550 GT
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Using that logic you shouldn't be able to wear the colors of you favorite sports team unless you play for that team. It's nothing more than ridiculous snob logic. If, for example, I'm a fan a Ferrari motorsports, then I should be able to wear clothes that reflect that.
This times a couple million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
it is cool if you support the F1 team..
but there is a huge difference between:



and



besides one having breasts
Both of those shirts, especially the latter, are extremely common in Europe, at least when I was backpacking through there.

I'm alongside radix with this. It's like wearing a sports jersey. You're presenting yourself as a fan of the brand (or team, w/e).
__________________
Past:'08 E92 335i|ZPP|ZSP|6AT|four (4) HPFPs

Present:'15 Mustang GT|401A|PP|6MT|Recaros
Sig pic unrelated. I like to go sideways and stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:36 AM   #33
Comet
Troll Harder
Comet's Avatar
Lebanon
104
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
But those rims are for a turbo. Does this mean you want other people to think that you own a turbo?
they come standard on a turbo (not anymore actually)
but those are the only 20" rims for a Carrera
and the Turbo only comes with 20" rims..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:38 AM   #34
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
28
Rep
469
Posts

Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
they come standard on a turbo (not anymore actually)
but those are the only 20" rims for a Carrera
and the Turbo only comes with 20" rims..
We are on a car forum, stop ignoring the real question
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:43 AM   #35
Comet
Troll Harder
Comet's Avatar
Lebanon
104
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
We are on a car forum, stop ignoring the real question
which is?
obviously it isn;t a turbo and I'm not trying to pass it off as a turbo
the dealership offered them to me at no extra charge.. and they are the nicest rims

if I wanted to pass off my car as a turbo, I'd get the rear bumper I'd put a turbo badge and get the vents, and the front bumper, etc.. which I don't do..
the "turbo" rims are common on many Carreras as they are an option for it... an option MANY people opt for..
I am not bashing people who go for the M-kit on non M cars.. it is an option from the dealership :/
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:50 AM   #36
Vanity
Private First Class
Vanity's Avatar
Canada
72
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
which is?
obviously it isn;t a turbo and I'm not trying to pass it off as a turbo
the dealership offered them to me at no extra charge.. and they are the nicest rims

if I wanted to pass off my car as a turbo, I'd get the rear bumper I'd put a turbo badge and get the vents, and the front bumper, etc.. which I don't do..
the "turbo" rims are common on many Carreras as they are an option for it... an option MANY people opt for..
I am not bashing people who go for the M-kit on non M cars.. it is an option from the dealership :/
which is?
obviously I don't own a Ferrari and I'm not trying to pass it off as I do.
The salesperson at the puma store offered me a good discount on the Ferrari shoes,
like it was getting a regular shoe at no extra cost.. they are the nicest puma F-shoes.

If I wanted to pass off as owning a Ferrari, I'd buy a Ferrari with the turbo engine, the aerodynamics,
the front bumper (better come with one), etc... which I don't do...
The "Ferrari shoes" are common on many Ferrari shoe owner's feet as they are an
option the person wanted... an option people obviously opt for..
I am not bashing people who put turbo rims on a non-turbo porsche, I just think you're a dumbass for making this thread :/
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:56 AM   #37
FStop7
I like cars
FStop7's Avatar
Vatican City State
116
Rep
5,055
Posts

Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

iTrader: (3)

I'd feel goofy wearing Ferrari gear w/o owning a Ferrari unless it's for a race or something.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:57 AM   #38
Comet
Troll Harder
Comet's Avatar
Lebanon
104
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I'd feel goofy wearing Ferrari gear w/o owning a Ferrari unless it's for a race or something.
someone else shares my sentiment
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #39
fun ticket
Private First Class
fun ticket's Avatar
4
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 2013 X5 3.5i M Sport Package
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida

iTrader: (0)

C'mon, have more confidence in yourself. I wear what I want to wear. Dont care what anybody thinks or says. I have tons of t-shirts from different brands. They are just t-shirts; when they get holes in them they become rags. Whats the big deal?
__________________
"Boobs or spark plugs, if it has them it will be fun and give you problems..."
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #40
penny
Captain
penny's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
832
Posts

Drives: '08 135i (sold)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Las Colinas

iTrader: (2)

All the girls I see wearing pink jerseys don't actually play for the Dallas Cowboys?! Damn posers.

(Wear what you want. Some of these people receive it as gifts.)
__________________
'08 135i.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #41
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
172
Rep
4,773
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

I'd only wear Ferrari stuff to a race where one was competing. In public or even car shows, probably not. And when I do, it'd be a sponsor branded tee and that's it.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #42
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
79
Rep
4,484
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun ticket View Post
C'mon, have more confidence in yourself. I wear what I want to wear. Dont care what anybody thinks or says. I have tons of t-shirts from different brands. They are just t-shirts; when they get holes in them they become rags. Whats the big deal?


I love McLaren-Mercedes and would gladly wear their F1 shirts while driving my BMW. If I liked SF, I would do the same.

Wear your clothes, dont let your clothes wear you
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 10:07 AM   #43
Maestro
Major
83
Rep
1,002
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

well my son wears Ferrari shirts, especially the one he bought in Italy in the Ferrari store.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #44
BTM
Banned
United_States
200
Rep
10,314
Posts

Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I'd only wear Ferrari stuff to a race where one was competing. In public or even car shows, probably not. And when I do, it'd be a sponsor branded tee and that's it.
I loved when the USGP was at Indy...gave me an excuse to be a drunken shirtless euro-trash wearing my Ferrari flag as a cape
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST