E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > false brand wearers



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #67
SchlauCow
******
SchlauCow's Avatar
25
Rep
334
Posts

 
Drives: Honda M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Radiance

iTrader: (4)

who cares what you wear? this guy is fine with it

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #68
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
16
Rep
983
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to mrgoochio Send a message via MSN to mrgoochio Send a message via Skype™ to mrgoochio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
I'll slap some AMG badges on my 3series
and an R8 hat with a Lambo keychain
I'll add Turbo to the back of my 4S
"it is just badges bro"

it is poser is what it is
__________________
2008 BMW 135i Coupe
  • Jet Black
  • Sport Pkg.
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #69
jpsum
Major
jpsum's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Haven area

iTrader: (4)

I don't wear pumas. I don't own a cat.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #70
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsum View Post
I don't wear pumas. I don't own a cat.
I dont wear pumas because I dont want to look like an aerodynamic fagwagon.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #71
Axelfuzz
Private First Class
2
Rep
108
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335XI E90
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Howell, Michigan

iTrader: (0)

I say no big deal, it's just a shirt/hat/keychain. The badge thing is ridiculous though. For 99% of people, a shirt/hat/shoe is the closest they will ever get to owning one of those cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #72
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
FDfranklin's Avatar
24
Rep
780
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
it irks me just as much...
the keychain thing is gay

you say no big deal?


imagine that on a 1 series key?
That doesn't even make sense why someone would do that, unless the previously owned a 6 series or also has one..

I personally think it would be dumb if someone was wearing car brand clothes, but I wouldn't really give it much thought
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #73
Comet
Troll Harder
Comet's Avatar
Lebanon
75
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
That doesn't even make sense why someone would do that, unless the previously owned a 6 series or also has one..

I personally think it would be dumb if someone was wearing car brand clothes, but I wouldn't really give it much thought
I've seen it done though more than once
one guy had it on his 3 series and another guy had a Toyota Rav 4.. go figure :/

and if he owns a 6, then why not put it on his 6's key?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #74
AW335TT
Lieutenant
Armenia
16
Rep
491
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
so a guy in a BMW wearing an Audi shirt doesn't strike you as odd?
A guy in a honda or bmw wearing a ferrari shirt isnt the same as a guy in a bmw wearing a audi shirt. bmw and audi are direct competitors and the guy chose between the two cars. comparing bmw and audi would be like a guy in a lamborghini wearing a ferrari shirt... either way i dont really care, people can wear what ever they want.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #75
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
143
Rep
4,765
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Do people actually buy car branded clothing/accessories? Wasn't aware of this. Whether you own a ferrari or not, you look like a twat in ferrari shoes.
this
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #76
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
FDfranklin's Avatar
24
Rep
780
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
I've seen it done though more than once
one guy had it on his 3 series and another guy had a Toyota Rav 4.. go figure :/

and if he owns a 6, then why not put it on his 6's key?
I sometimes carry my gfs tiburon keys on my keychain...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #77
solefald
Nigerian Prince
solefald's Avatar
Vatican City State
72
Rep
2,171
Posts

 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
I sometimes carry my gfs tiburon keys on my keychain...
POSER!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #78
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I dont wear pumas because I dont want to look like an aerodynamic fagwagon.
It's not strictly necessary to post every stupid thought you have. I'm only mentioning this because you post so frequently.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #79
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
It's not strictly necessary to post every stupid thought you have. I'm only mentioning this because you post so frequently.


Out of all the threads in the OT you could shed your insight on, you chose this one. This thread had disaster written all over it beginning with the original post.

I was going to comment on the fact that wearing your sports teams merchandise is a bit different than wearing a motor-sports company's apparel. I would assume (i might be completely off) that most wear Ferarri apparel because they like Ferarri's and think they are cool. So following that logic, they think if they wear something with the logo they are cool/elite themselves. I don't believe they are consciously trying to show their allegiance to Ferarri in anyway. Not in the way I am when I wear my Giants/Mets hat, for example. Not trying to say it is a fact, just how I see it.

Jay has been full of sour comments lately. The positive reinforcement he gets from some other posters will only fuel his cynicism.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #80
ellipsis212
I bought my ski mask in Aspen
ellipsis212's Avatar
11
Rep
966
Posts

 
Drives: MB 330i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC > RVA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
OP, you are clearly miffed by people undermining your sense of superiority by wearing luxury-branded merch. how is everyone going to know that you are the real deal now that any old guy off the street can buy a shirt with a lux brand logo on it?

i guess they'll just have to judge you by your character now.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #81
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
McMuffin's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,550
Posts

 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

iTrader: (5)

I don't see anything wrong with someone wearing those ugly ass shoes!

Also, your sig annoys the fack out of me!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #82
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
It's not strictly necessary to post every stupid thought you have. I'm only mentioning this because you post so frequently.
But I much rather put my stupid thoughts to good use in OT while applying the rest of my thoughts to things that require them.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #83
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post


Out of all the threads in the OT you could shed your insight on, you chose this one. This thread had disaster written all over it beginning with the original post.

I was going to comment on the fact that wearing your sports teams merchandise is a bit different than wearing a motor-sports company's apparel. I would assume (i might be completely off) that most wear Ferarri apparel because they like Ferarri's and think they are cool. So following that logic, they think if they wear something with the logo they are cool/elite themselves. I don't believe they are consciously trying to show their allegiance to Ferarri in anyway. Not in the way I am when I wear my Giants/Mets hat, for example. Not trying to say it is a fact, just how I see it.

Jay has been full of sour comments lately. The positive reinforcement he gets from some other posters will only fuel his cynicism.
As for that, I've been rather disappointed with the forum as of late. This place used to be full of decently smart, interesting people, creating interesting threads about information pertinent to our cars. I used to be able to go to the general section and give a little advice to a new guy or help somebody solve a problem. The tuner section was full of people testing new stuff and giving us great information about our cars and what we can do with them. Cosmetics consisted of more than everybody wanting to know how much carbon fiber fabric it will take to wrap their entire car and rims or how come my ddm hid kit flickers when I turn it on? General is full of nothing but "Hi, I joined the forum today to fucken whine about my car that I took out a loan on that I cant afford. I drove straight into a tree last night but I sware it was because my RFTs were tramlining and I just didn't have the strength to turn my car due to BMWs heavy steering. Now BMW wont fix it under warranty service. Should I sue?". Every thread in the tuner section is "Who has the new cobb flash? And every reply consists of "why go flash? I just teabagged shiv last night and he told me hes going to mail me 15hp!".


So that pretty much relegates me to this portion of the forum. Which I'd say there are a handful of threads I enjoy participating in. This just happens to not be one of them. As you said, this had failure written on it from the beginning, as do all similar opinion threads of a stupid nature.

So yes, I've been a little sour lately when it comes to posting.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #84
Kroy
Brigadier General
Kroy's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,035
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
with ferrari slippers and a ferrari condom in the trash
does that make you a faster man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
So yes, I've been a little sour lately when it comes to posting.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #85
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
As for that, I've been rather disappointed with the forum as of late. This place used to be full of decently smart, interesting people, creating interesting threads about information pertinent to our cars. I used to be able to go to the general section and give a little advice to a new guy or help somebody solve a problem. The tuner section was full of people testing new stuff and giving us great information about our cars and what we can do with them. Cosmetics consisted of more than everybody wanting to know how much carbon fiber fabric it will take to wrap their entire car and rims or how come my ddm hid kit flickers when I turn it on? General is full of nothing but "Hi, I joined the forum today to fucken whine about my car that I took out a loan on that I cant afford. I drove straight into a tree last night but I sware it was because my RFTs were tramlining and I just didn't have the strength to turn my car due to BMWs heavy steering. Now BMW wont fix it under warranty service. Should I sue?". Every thread in the tuner section is "Who has the new cobb flash? And every reply consists of "why go flash? I just teabagged shiv last night and he told me hes going to mail me 15hp!".
This is all true. I never go into FI anymore. It used to be the only section I ever posted in/read. Now I only come into OT and some regional. X6 forums are even worse than the general forums here. People asking questions like, "Has anyone tried to install their JB+ on their 50i? Do you think it will work?"

I come for a laugh, to discuss sports, and sometimes to pass along my incredibly flawed opinion. But that is what forums are about, no? A gathering of people from all over sharing their thoughts/opinions on whatever topic they stumble upon.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #86
solefald
Nigerian Prince
solefald's Avatar
Vatican City State
72
Rep
2,171
Posts

 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
X6 forums are even worse than the general forums here. People asking questions like, "Has anyone tried to install their JB+ on their 50i? Do you think it will work?"
I will take your X6 forum and raise you an X3 forum. Actual quote:

"Can I install a blow off Valve into my Bmw X3 AFE cold air intake system. Is there any differences, and what does this do ?"
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #87
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
This is all true. I never go into FI anymore. It used to be the only section I ever posted in/read. Now I only come into OT and some regional. X6 forums are even worse than the general forums here. People asking questions like, "Has anyone tried to install their JB+ on their 50i? Do you think it will work?"

I come for a laugh, to discuss sports, and sometimes to pass along my incredibly flawed opinion. But that is what forums are about, no? A gathering of people from all over sharing their thoughts/opinions on whatever topic they stumble upon.
This is true. I'm working on it. Lots of stress with school lately. What looked like a few weeks to prepare for finals has turned into a few weeks to get a paper together in an attempt for publication. Its a shit ton of work thats really going to take away from study time and I'm pretty sour about it because it couldn't come at a worse time. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #88
Bobble
Major
Bobble's Avatar
No_Country
16
Rep
1,217
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i/RIP E46 323Ci/E30 325
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
with ferrari slippers and a ferrari condom in the trash
I want a Ferrari condom, especially if it helps with hooking up with some F1 umbrella girls

But on topic I have a Ferrari shirt, can't afford the car, because my daughter bought it for me while in Italy. I don't wear it much because it's not cut to the fat ass American body I have!!
__________________
08 E90 335i Monaco Blue Gray Dakota ZPP ZSP Heated Seats CA Step w/Paddles iPod

Last edited by Bobble; 02-02-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST