E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Anyone with Borla Racing Pipes, or other racing pipes?

05-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #23
benzy89
Banned

Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin335 View Post
Damn really?

Like I said not trying to add DPs bc of warranty, and I am not going to pay esp on my XI the extra hours it takes to remove for service/ warranty claims, etc.

I was just going to use the new cyba tips + these and have a shop put both on.. but if these suck and are bad quality, and the size is smaller on the connection.. then I will pass.
You make it sound like a new exhaust would not cause the same problems as DPs with your warranty..... If you really wanna change the sound of your car and not deal w/ the hassle of an uninstall/install because of service & warranty concerns, you prob shouldn't get an exhaust at all. Axle-back exhausts are prob you're next best option.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
      06-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #24
nation
Private First Class

Drives: 335i

any suggestions on axle back systems that dont cost 900?
      06-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #25
nailer335
Captain

Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfeir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudoo4u2 View Post
I have the borla exhaust (the single muffler unit) with the borla mids and catless dp ; zero drone

I am 6MT however, I have read that 6AT may drone at times due to the gearing.

on my car however, its a very tame sound, even catless. I love it
I have the same setup (single muffler, catless midpies, catless downpipes) but with an AT. It definitely drones below 2,500 rpm under load.

Getting a Magnaflow 11379 installed in the midpipes tomorrow, hopefully that will get rid of the drone. Thought about going the Vibrant route, but wanted something with more sound absorbing material as the exhaust can't be too quiet IMO.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=11379
For clarification- you have no cats, but a muffler in your midpipes and a muffler in the axle-back section of your exhaust too?

I dont know a ton about exhaust. What effect does this have on backpressure, if any? What is the benefit of this over throwing in high flow cats? I'd be interested in a video to hear how this sounds. Interesting.
nailer335 is offline   United_States